Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #16
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

Menu - work in progress

I probably changed the privacy settings on that dress pic right as you were looking!! Sorry about that!

OK. So this is what we are going with for a menu so far. There may be a few minor changes. We are also adding ice cream to eat with our wedding cake at the brunch ($6 per person).

($57 per guest)

Fresh Seasonal Slice Fruit served with Yogurt Dip

Ceasar Salad ( Lettuce Parmesean, croutons, dressing)

Egg & Omelets made to order (ACTION STATION!) : including salmon, cheddar cheese, ham, peppers, onion, mushrooms, spinach, salsa, and egg substitute.

Mickey Waffles

Crepes prepared to order (ACTION STATION!) to include: Wild Berry & Grand Marnier cream cheese, served with vanilla bean sauce and mandarin oranges. (not sold on mandarin oranges...alternatives?)

Seared Chicken Breast with Granny Smith Apples, roasted fennel, and fig jus

Mickey-roni & Cheese

Hardwood Smoked Bacon
Maple-glazed pork sausage links

assorted danish, croissants, rolls butter and jellies

coffee, tea, juice

DP ($24++ per guest)

Assorted cookies
Assorted brownies
Chocolate dipped mickey mouse rice krispie treats
key lime tarts
chocolate dipped strawberries
juice, coffee, tea
Old 08-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #17
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

Some Music

Okay...trying to work out music selections. We are providing our own battery operated cd player or ipod dock at Sea Breeze Point.

Seating - probably just a medley of Disney music - haven't thought much about this yet. We might also have some of our fav non-disney songs in piano or acoustic versions to play.

Flower Girl Entrance - Rainbow Connection (hoping to get a friend to record an acoustic version of it for us...if not, then sarah mclachlin sp??)

Ring Bearer Entrance (is it wrong to have a separate song for the flower girl and ring bearer?) - Whistle While You Work

Bridal Party Entrance ??

Bride - The Luckiest - Ben Folds

Recessional - completely unsure about this. We want something, fun, upbeat...and unique. Some songs we have considered:

Zip a Dee Doo Dah
Forever - Kiss (DF ...closet KISS fan)
Forever In Blue Jeans - Neil Diamond(me...closet Neil Diamond fan)
Happy Together - Turtles
Neil Young - Harvest Moon
Cat Stevens - Can't Keep It In
Jeans On - Dave Dundas (inside joke)
You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate (we are old)

other ideas?

First Dance - Thank You - Chris Cornell version
Groom/ Mother Dance - ?

What are you ladies doing for music?
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #18
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

Other Random Things

We have rented DVC points to get a Magic Kingdom View room at Bay Lake Tower for 5 nights during the week of our wedding. Our plan is to let people who are near to us have this room as an "escape" for one night during the week. So, I need help with how to stage this so that it's a nice and convenient surprise for everyone..rather than something that is a big hassle. For example, we'd like to let the groom's parents stay there one night..watch the fireworks, go out for dinner etc. We'd also like the MOH to have a break from her kids one night..so that her and hubby can have a nice night together. Same thing for the Best Man.

MOH knows about it, but the others don't. So what do you think? ...just let them know they don't need accommodations for that night? Thinking of leaving a welcome basket that includes a mickey shaped card that outlines when their free night is and when they can arrive!

Not so sure about this..could be really good..or could cause some people a bit of logistical grief.

Also, we are having a welcome bbq on the Wed (two nights before our wedding) at Disney Fort Wilderness Campground. We have two tent sites booked...taking a chance that they can be side by side. There is an aquatic parade and a Chip and Dale campfire for the kids. The campsites are roughly $40 each and have a 10 person limit. We booked 2 just in case. We are just going to cook on our bbq and hit a grocery store for other food/drinks. Since we have a bunch of kids in our immediate families, we are going to invite the kids to have a slumber party at the campsite that night. Parents can relax...and get some sleep!

Last edited by vlkleinh; 08-12-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: spelling
vlkleinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #19
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

Autograph Books DIY and Invites Basic...DIY

My mom sent me a cricut in the mail....hooray for moms! It was an unexpected gift..but it will come in very handy!

We finally got our invites sent out. We got a kit on clearance at winners for $9.00 (25 invites, rsvp cards, fold up envelopes, sealing labels). We stole the rsvp wording from the internet (will be there with bells on, will not be there...heard there were people wearing bells etc.). Included in our invites:

1. invite card
2. rsvp card
3. self addressed, stamped envelope
4. map of disney boardwalk inn (printed in color from the internet)
5. a loose small mickey head icon (just because)
6. A card with "our story" printed on it...and the address for our website...where they can find more details.

Here is a pic..I should've put it on another color background. They are just simple and get the job done.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/51946376@N03/4879870268/

Also..I've been working on a sort of autograph book. I need to find some more icons for the cricut, but here is a start. I'm going to punch a hole in the top left corner of the cards and put them on a carabener. This will make it easier to carry about the parks. Kids or parents can just put them on a belt loop. Might try to attach a sharpie to the carabener (how do you spell carabener?).

Here is a link to the cards I've started so far. In the pic they look all gluey..but they don't look that bad once dried.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5194637...in/photostream
Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #20
sodashopsunshine
Future Disney Bride

Hey! I just posted a reply to your autograph book question on the main board. Excited to find the PJ! The pages for autographs are better than I imagined.
My family camps (camper & tents too) at Fort Wilderness every Christmas so it holds a special place in my heart!!! We have thought about doing the BBQ, maybe you could rent a few golf carts for the day (it's a large place and things are really far apart).

I love the wedding dress, everything sounds perfect .

Cara
Old 08-16-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodashopsunshine View Post
Hey! I just posted a reply to your autograph book question on the main board. Excited to find the PJ! The pages for autographs are better than I imagined.
My family camps (camper & tents too) at Fort Wilderness every Christmas so it holds a special place in my heart!!! We have thought about doing the BBQ, maybe you could rent a few golf carts for the day (it's a large place and things are really far apart).

I love the wedding dress, everything sounds perfect .

Cara
Golf carts for the day are a great idea! Thanks for the tip. Do you know if we should book golf carts in advance...or do they have a lot?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:52 PM   #22
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

60 days! Random Things!

We are 60 days away from the big day! I got the email from Brevard County today that they can now process our license application. We just need to take the forms to a notary and send them back. Then we should be good to go.

We had some issues with our "surprise plans" for our bridal party. We were hoping to let some of them have special night in our Bay Lake Tower - MK view room. The person we rented DVC points from says "no" to trying to change the reservations to our guests names. So the plus side is that we are now staying in BLT for five nights rather than at Fort Wilderness Campsites. It will be a way different experience, but it will be wonderful to stay in a room we would never pay for otherwise! Now we need new gift ideas for our bridal party.

We have booked our rehearsal dinner. We decided to go for a fun experience rather than an expensive and intimate private dining experience. We made reservations for our rehearsal guests at....wait for it......Epcot...........................Biergarten ! I think it's perfect for our crowd!

Flights booked. Check. Arriving on the Saturday before our Friday wedding and leaving the Sunday after.

We moved all of our complimentary room nights around to better suit our confirmed schedule. I really can't say enough about Jessica Carter. She is quick to respond and very helpful and courteous...even when I ask her things 3 x or have to make changes because I've "jumped the gun". So, we have 2 free nights due to the promotion that was on when we booked our Wishes wedding. Using them at the Poly on the night we arrive and the night after out wedding night. Our complimentary night will be used on the Sunday before our wedding if we make the 25 nights in our block.(which we don't expect to).

I had a second floral meeting over two weeks ago and have not yet received an updated quote. Hoping it arrives soon, as it will determine any changes we need to make in order to stay as close to our minimum as possible.

We are having some issues with guests not making plans yet. The last time I checked on Expedia the room rates offered at the value resort in our block (Sports) was cheaper than the room block rate we were given. And, there is a free dining promotion on.

I'm back to work (teacher), so the time is flying. Things are getting exciting!

Thanks for reading.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:11 AM   #23
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

40 ish days away.

Our guest count is slipping a bit. It was really to be expected. There were about 10 people who surprised us when they showed interest in attending. Most of these 10 have since decided the timing doesn't fit their schedules.

Wondering if you did anything special (like bring photos or have a list of names or something) for important people in your life, who didn't/couldn't make the trip??

Our numbers are at 24 adults and 6 children.

Although our BEO is close to the way we'd like it, for some reason, I'm still hesitant to send it in signed lol.

We are finalizing our music selections, thinking about trying to spend a few hundred more dollars to reach our minimum, and thinking about how we will get things to Florida!

Thanks for reading!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #24
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

Clumsy waiter booked!

We've decided to go with the clumsy waiter for extra entertainment at our wedding!
Our guest numbers went down, so we had to spend an extra $1200 to meet the minimum expenditure.

We originally were hoping we could just get one uninvited guest, but apparently it's not possible to get just one.

So, clumsy waiter it is!

We have also decided to get personalized mickey ears for the kids attending the wedding!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:56 AM   #25
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

Hi...just joining in! We are looking to get married 11/12/12...so we might share the same anniversary day!

The clumsy waiter is a great idea! I've been thinking about getting something like that at ours.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 08:44 AM   #26
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

I just found your PJ!! Not only will we be in WDW on your wedding day... but we're eating at Big River Grille for lunch that day!! We normally eat around 11:30 or 12:00!! Are you a 12:00 spot?? If so.. I'm totally sitting outside to stalk It will be here before you know it!! Good Luck!!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #27
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

Ha!
We are the 10am spot! You might just miss us.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:29 PM   #28
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesswendy720 View Post
Hi...just joining in! We are looking to get married 11/12/12...so we might share the same anniversary day!

The clumsy waiter is a great idea! I've been thinking about getting something like that at ours.
It's a good date! I'm going to check out your pj..hope you have one!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #29
vlkleinh
Mouseketeer

Marriage License from Brevard County in the mail!

We got our final paperwork for our marriage license. Brevard County clerk's offics = two thumbs up.

34 days...but who's counting?
Old 10-09-2010, 01:51 PM   #30
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

How I missed your PJ, I'll never know but I lve what youve got so far. Everything is so beautiful! Your time is creeping up! Keep the good stuff coming!

Oh and after reading your clumsy waiter idea..I am toying with it too. Let me know how it goes! Although I dont think my family/guests will have any problem with "entertaining" themselves..lmao!

Princess SarahK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: