Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2010, 01:59 PM   #16
VegasVick
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true.

Thank you so much for posting these fabulous pictures! DH and I will be celebrating my 50th B-day at V&A's next month...our first time eating there. But probably not the last (now that we're empty-nesters!)

1978 - WDW - offsite hotel * 1982 - WDW - offsite hotel * 1998 – DLR – one day trip * 1999 – DLR – Park Inn * 2000 – WDW – offsite condo * 2001 – DLR – Candy Cane Inn * 2002 – DLR – Ramada Inn Limited North * 2003 – WDW – Contemporary * 2004 – DLR – Candy Cane Inn, DLR – Fairfield Inn * 2005 – WDW – offsite condo * 2006 – WDW – Shades of Green * 2007 – WDW – Coronado Springs * 2008 – DLR – Disneyland Hotel * 2009 – WDW – Shades of Green Trip Report and WDW – Dolphin & offsite condo Trip Report * 2010 – WDW – Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report * 2011 - WDW - offsite condo * 2012 - DLR - Disneyland Hotel
VegasVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #17
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Transition Course - Cheese or Gelato

Colston Bassett Stilton, Coach Farm Goat, Gouda Reqpenaer VSOP and Thomasville Tomme
Wine Pairing: Qunita do Crasto Late Bottled Vintage Porto 2003

White Chocolate Gelato with Tableside Shavings
Wine Pairing: I Vignaiolo do S. Stefano Moscato D;Asti, Santo Stefano Belbo 2009

ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #18
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Dessert

Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Souffle

Caramelized Banana Gateau

Tanzanie Chocolate Pyramid with a Champagne-Chambord Truffle

Old 07-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #19
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

This concludes the picture report....

Chris (Asst Mgr) and Scott (Chef) both stopped by to see how we enjoyed our mean on Jun 11 - DS20 announced that "I could die today, and die happy. And I am only 20." The meal was exceptional.

Last edited by ehagerty; 07-23-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #20
Symans3honeybees
DIS Veteran

Thanks for clarifying your title There I was, trying to figuring out what in the world was she meant by that....
Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 PM   #21
Redwitch
DIS Veteran

As usual - wonderful pictures! Thank you!

You had some of the same dishes we had in May. I almost died (happy) at my first bite of the pork.

We are currently trying to talk ourselves out of scheduling another visit in October. Once I figured V&A was not that much more then the Chefs Counter at Flying Fish, it almost seems a bargain. I love Disney math!

RedWitch Mikka (DD) Ebony RIP Amber Khan Tora Raion

This Space Reserved For Future Trip!
Redwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #22
LadyGracey
"If we can dream it, we can do it..."

Your pics have me so excited! We are going next week for my mom's 55th birthday. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-26-2010, 06:01 PM   #23
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Various Replies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwitch View Post
As usual - wonderful pictures! Thank you!

You had some of the same dishes we had in May. I almost died (happy) at my first bite of the pork.

We are currently trying to talk ourselves out of scheduling another visit in October. Once I figured V&A was not that much more then the Chefs Counter at Flying Fish, it almost seems a bargain. I love Disney math!
Don't forget the "magic multiplier" in Disney Math - TiW 20% discount in the main dining room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGracey View Post
Your pics have me so excited! We are going next week for my mom's 55th birthday. Thanks for sharing!
I hope she enjoys it! Let us know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVick View Post
Thank you so much for posting these fabulous pictures! DH and I will be celebrating my 50th B-day at V&A's next month...our first time eating there. But probably not the last (now that we're empty-nesters!)
It does seem so much easier to go more often when only paying for one or two!

Old 07-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #24
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the amazing pictures!! I will be at V & A's for the very first time 8/21, my birthday! It will actually be my first fine dining experience, ever. I'm excited and sort of nervous too.
arilvdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #25
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to try VnA's for the very first time a week for today for my wedding dinner... it's going to be soo amazing we are booked at the Chef's Table!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #26
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkLoverSam View Post
I can't wait to try VnA's for the very first time a week for today for my wedding dinner... it's going to be soo amazing we are booked at the Chef's Table!
Congratulations! I wish you a wonderful wedding and a wonderful meal! And of course, many happy and healthy years together!

I went to V&A 2 years ago with my daughter. I had planned a solo visit to WDW over my birthday. My H, who doesn't really like Disney (yeah, I know - how could I have ended up with him?), told me the other day that he had been a little jealous that we were going. And then he said, "You can't be alone on your birthday. Book Victoria & Albert, and I'll come down for it. I don't know how many days, but I really want to do this." So I get to do V&A again!

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #27
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

What fantastic pictures! Loved reading your report.
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #28
luna99
Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythbusters I Believe in naps! - Bawb

wow! everything looks so fantastic! my hubby and I are going to V&A for the first time in October and we are sort of "foodies" so we are very excited!

A few questions for you:

1. Do you get to choose what you eat or do you just sit and they serve you? Are there pre-planned menus (like the whole menu is fixed?) or do you choose each and every setting?

2. I found out between when we made the reservation and now that I am pregnant! so there are certain things I can't eat like raw meats/soft cheeses/etc. I should definitely give them a call and make them aware of this fact right? LOL.. this isn't so much a question as I know I should (and am) going to call them. Guess I just wondered how V&A works for a pregnant person! I'll have to let you know I suppose!

thanks!
Old 08-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #29
xoprincessmomxo
Making Papa Nick stew...

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing!
Old 08-07-2010, 09:59 AM   #30
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by luna99 View Post
wow! everything looks so fantastic! my hubby and I are going to V&A for the first time in October and we are sort of "foodies" so we are very excited!

A few questions for you:

1. Do you get to choose what you eat or do you just sit and they serve you? Are there pre-planned menus (like the whole menu is fixed?) or do you choose each and every setting?
You get a menu with three choices for each course, and you select each course, including dessert. When we were there, we had to choose all the courses at the same time.

Quote:
2. I found out between when we made the reservation and now that I am pregnant! so there are certain things I can't eat like raw meats/soft cheeses/etc. I should definitely give them a call and make them aware of this fact right? LOL.. this isn't so much a question as I know I should (and am) going to call them. Guess I just wondered how V&A works for a pregnant person! I'll have to let you know I suppose!

thanks!
They called me about 10 days before our reservation, and asked if we had any issues, etc. I am allergic to shellfish and my d doesn't eat fish, so we had different choices on various courses. You can let them know, and they will be happy to accommodate you.

And congratulations!

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: