Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #16
madamemim1975
Earning My Ears

I really want to do the Mickey fans or something like that for our programs, but there is no way that I can order them and stay on budget. I have decided that I'm going to try to make as many things as I can to save..soooo....

I went to Joann's Fabric website today and all the Cricut stuff is on sale. I snagged the Mickey and Friends cartridge for $33.99!!

Just a heads up to all of you out there in case any of you guys were looking for one..the actual machines are on sale too!
Old 08-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #17
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Making the fans yourself is so much cheaper! I cannot even believe the difference. And you got an incredible deal on your cricut cartridge!! I think that I paid about $120 for mine (in Canada when it first came out). It is a great cartridge, there are so many things that you can do with it, I hope you enjoy it!!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2010, 01:12 PM   #18
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

congrats on your first purchase and of course your engagement! I've heard the Cricuts are fun
Old 08-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #19
pixiegirl
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up on the cricut cartridge on sale!! I will definitely check it out!!!

My Dream Disney Wedding in Wisconsin PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post37093756
pixiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:08 AM   #20
madamemim1975
Earning My Ears

Just checking in after the weekend - I went to the beach again but this time with my BFF!

Randy emailed me with some package prices and they are VERY reasonable. I am going to email him back asking if we can just tweak some times and see what that would cost. I'm so excited that DF said we should hire an outside photographer!

We also talked about a Magic Kingdom photo session thru DPS but I'm not sure I really want to spend the $$ for that. I just don't want to regret NOT doing it but that money could really be spent elsewhere..

Not much else going on...trying to work on a budget and savings plan!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #21
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

YAY! Another Disney bride who isn't in her early 20s! I'm enjoying reading along.
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
madamemim1975
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirlLost View Post
YAY! Another Disney bride who isn't in her early 20s! I'm enjoying reading along.
Lol! Far from my early 20s! I will be 2 weeks shy of 37 when we get married. Do you have a PJ yet? Did I miss it??
Old 08-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #23
CityGirlLost
DIS Veteran

I haven't started it yet because the ring isn't on my finger yet. In fact, he's picking it up today! Maybe I should just go ahead?

Hmm, if we have the wedding when we're planning to, I will be just about 37!

Juli & Wayne's Fairy Tale Wedding WP/WHP 11/1/2012 ~Planning Journal
CityGirlLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #24
madamemim1975
Earning My Ears

I got another wedding purchase in the mail this week!! Since we are doing the UP theme, I ordered "Our Adventure Book" off of Etsy. I plan on making a scrap book of our relationship up to the wedding out of it and giving it to DF as a wedding gift. Now I just have to keep it hidden and work on it when he isn't around..oh boy.

I am also debating where to stay for the wedding. I was thinking the Grand Floridian b/c I think the pictures would be awesome and I have stayed there a couple of times, but I am also just dying to stay at the Beach Club and have NEVER been there..any opinions or info would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm also thinking of adding on a 4 night cruise for our actual honeymoon. We already decided we will send the kids home with our parents and stay in Disney a few extra days ALONE! But now I'm thinking that maybe a cruise would be nice. I guess it would depend on cost and since we will have the annual passes, I'm not sure if it would just be cheaper to stay and nix the cruise..
Old 08-16-2010, 03:25 PM   #25
madamemim1975
Earning My Ears

I heard back from Randy on customizing the photo package and I'm SUPER excited!! I also emailed him back inquiring about an Engagement Session since we will be in WDW this October!

We also think that we are going to to a private dining at Fultons for our lunch reception. Has anyone used them before?? There seems to be more choices on their menu than other WDW lunch menues and I don't really want a catered event (unless we do a DP!)

Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #26
madamemim1975
Earning My Ears

I am so confused

I am now thinking of switching to a Wishes wedding and just be done with it. There are so many add-ons that I want that I'm thinking it might make more sense...but the $$ is obviously holding me back. We would def stick with the early time slot so that our min would be 10k but can I justify that amount?? I just don't know.

I might also change my date to May as rates are somewhat lower for accomodations in Disney..

I am stressing so much right now its ridiculous.

I also talked to someone at DFTW and might set up a site visit for when we go in October. She really answered some questions for me and she isgoing to have someone call me back in 24-48 hours.

anyway, can anyone tell me the pros and cons and talk me into one or the other? LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #27
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madamemim1975 View Post
I got another wedding purchase in the mail this week!! Since we are doing the UP theme, I ordered "Our Adventure Book" off of Etsy. I plan on making a scrap book of our relationship up to the wedding out of it and giving it to DF as a wedding gift. Now I just have to keep it hidden and work on it when he isn't around..oh boy.

I am also debating where to stay for the wedding. I was thinking the Grand Floridian b/c I think the pictures would be awesome and I have stayed there a couple of times, but I am also just dying to stay at the Beach Club and have NEVER been there..any opinions or info would be appreciated! Thanks!

I'm also thinking of adding on a 4 night cruise for our actual honeymoon. We already decided we will send the kids home with our parents and stay in Disney a few extra days ALONE! But now I'm thinking that maybe a cruise would be nice. I guess it would depend on cost and since we will have the annual passes, I'm not sure if it would just be cheaper to stay and nix the cruise..
I love the scrapbook Idea!!!!

We are staying the first four days in a two bed villa with some of the wedding party and then for the night before and the night of the wedding stay at the Grand.

I would def. add on the cruise!!!! We love DCL and if you have any questions about it I've been on three four nights so I will be happy to help you out. You can alos head over to the cruise boards and get lots of questions answered there. But don't pass up the cruise it's AMAZING!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madamemim1975 View Post
I am so confused

I am now thinking of switching to a Wishes wedding and just be done with it. There are so many add-ons that I want that I'm thinking it might make more sense...but the $$ is obviously holding me back. We would def stick with the early time slot so that our min would be 10k but can I justify that amount?? I just don't know.

I might also change my date to May as rates are somewhat lower for accomodations in Disney..

I am stressing so much right now its ridiculous.

I also talked to someone at DFTW and might set up a site visit for when we go in October. She really answered some questions for me and she isgoing to have someone call me back in 24-48 hours.

anyway, can anyone tell me the pros and cons and talk me into one or the other? LOL
Don't stress It will all come together and be eaiser once you figure out the month you want to do it. I think May would be a great month to do it. There are many different places you can choose from if your a wishes Bride and if you think that you will meet the min. then GO FOR IT!! Since we have 60-?? Guests it's def going to be a wishes wedding for us. GOOD LUCK!!

Hopefully DFTW will help you and set your mind at ease
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #28
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

If you're going to be spending that much anyway, I've read so many reviews about just bumping up to the Wishes wedding and it working great. However, I find a con with that course of action is naturally the $10,000 minimum. Being an Escape bride helped keep me pretty far below that number, so I know that budget wise it's the more friendly option. I guess it depends on what you're willing to spend!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #29
madamemim1975
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedee View Post
If you're going to be spending that much anyway, I've read so many reviews about just bumping up to the Wishes wedding and it working great. However, I find a con with that course of action is naturally the $10,000 minimum. Being an Escape bride helped keep me pretty far below that number, so I know that budget wise it's the more friendly option. I guess it depends on what you're willing to spend!
This is where my dilemma lies..I was so set on the Escape since its so much cheaper, but then I worry about a catered event, or the MK photoshoot that DF says HE wants and i'm not sure what to do. I am typically the frugal one in the relationship so this is so hard. We are going to sit down this weekend and we will make of list of MUST haves and maybe nots...
Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #30
madamemim1975
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sccrmnky2005 View Post
I love the scrapbook Idea!!!!

We are staying the first four days in a two bed villa with some of the wedding party and then for the night before and the night of the wedding stay at the Grand.

I would def. add on the cruise!!!! We love DCL and if you have any questions about it I've been on three four nights so I will be happy to help you out. You can alos head over to the cruise boards and get lots of questions answered there. But don't pass up the cruise it's AMAZING!!!

Don't stress It will all come together and be eaiser once you figure out the month you want to do it. I think May would be a great month to do it. There are many different places you can choose from if your a wishes Bride and if you think that you will meet the min. then GO FOR IT!! Since we have 60-?? Guests it's def going to be a wishes wedding for us. GOOD LUCK!!

Hopefully DFTW will help you and set your mind at ease

Thanks..I took my son on the Disney cruise when he was 9 and we LOVED it..(OMG - he will be 18 next month - its been a long time )

But if we go with a Wishes wedding, I'm sure we will cross the cruise off the list for now..

Its going to be a LONG year of planning with be being so indecisive...you will all be sick of me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: