Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2010, 09:46 AM   #46
sasquatch
Mouseketeer

Does the book have Princess Tiana? When was it published?
Old 09-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #47
Bitsmommy
Mouseketeer

I ordered one on Sunday... I am PRAYING we get it in time!!! It still hasn't shipped, so I am not holding my breath!
Bitsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #48
dopeydiva
Earning My Ears

I ordered my two this past Sat, it's been in 'prepared to ship' mode for three days. I called today, on hold a llloooonnnnggg time and was told it might ship by tomorrow . Hope so, we leave Tuesday and I want to get them bound like suggested. Let's all keep our fingers, toes and anything else crossed for each other
Stay well,
AnnMarie
Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #49
Bitsmommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeydiva View Post
I ordered my two this past Sat, it's been in 'prepared to ship' mode for three days. I called today, on hold a llloooonnnnggg time and was told it might ship by tomorrow . Hope so, we leave Tuesday and I want to get them bound like suggested. Let's all keep our fingers, toes and anything else crossed for each other
Stay well,
AnnMarie
Mine is too and we leave Tuesday as well... Fooy!!!
Bitsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #50
cojimera
Earning My Ears

Great idea ,I just order one for my daughters.Now I can't wait to go back to WDW to use it .Good excuse for a another trip( Like I need excuses)
cojimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #51
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingblue View Post
To those who have purchased, I am curious about size.
Typically the bag I carry to the parks is a miniature backpack; it could not hold a full size spiral notebook, for instance. Is this book large?
Yep! It's too large to fit in your backpack if you can't put a spiral notebook in it. Sorry!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:51 AM   #52
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
Does the book have Princess Tiana? When was it published?
Tiana isn't in the book. Sorry. Forgot to look and see when it was published. If you really need to know, let me know. Otherwise I would rather not run back down in the basement and dig them out of the Christmas gifts again!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #53
winterwonderland2011
Earning My Ears

Smile Great Idea!

This is a great idea I just ordered one for my daughter for our trip! Thanks so much!!
winterwonderland2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #54
cojimera
Earning My Ears

For those that took the book to Staples.Can blank pages be added to the book ??I want to add a few extra pages for those characters that are not in the book ( like the playhouse Disney characters which my DD loves )if so how much do they charge.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #55
mnmhouston
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojimera View Post
For those that took the book to Staples.Can blank pages be added to the book ??I want to add a few extra pages for those characters that are not in the book ( like the playhouse Disney characters which my DD loves )if so how much do they charge.
I don't see why not. What they do is cut off the binding with a laser cutter, punch the holes in the paper and insert the coil. I would suggest, though, that you use glossy & sturdy paper (possibly glossy photo printing paper) to match the rest of the book.

I didn't think to add extra pages (great idea), but when characters were not in the book, we used the inside covers (front and back).
mnmhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #56
sasquatch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnh'smom View Post
Tiana isn't in the book. Sorry. Forgot to look and see when it was published. If you really need to know, let me know. Otherwise I would rather not run back down in the basement and dig them out of the Christmas gifts again!
No need to go back and look for the published date. Thank you VERY MUCH for answering the Tiana question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojimera
This was exactly my own thought. I think I'm going to get this book, bring it to Staples, and have them add some extra sheets. What I might even do is by the appropriate card stock and print illustrations of the missing characters on them, and then insert them in alpha order in the book, and then have it spiral bound. Then I'd add a few extra blank pages on the end.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #57
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
What I might even do is by the appropriate card stock and print illustrations of the missing characters on them, and then insert them in alpha order in the book, and then have it spiral bound. Then I'd add a few extra blank pages on the end.
Now THAT is an awesome an idea!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #58
cojimera
Earning My Ears

Great idea.I think I'm gonna be the one in line for the characters,jeje .Like my husband always say about my obssesion with WDW." Is that really for the girls?".At least here in the DIS everybody share the feeling.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #59
cojimera
Earning My Ears

I just got my book yesterday!! Is better that I imagine,it has a page of stickers at the end of the book.My dd was so excited that she fell sleep "reading"the book.
Thanks for such a great idea and for sharing.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #60
jsane
Earning My Ears

I ordered 3 books and it took abc forvever to ship. i finally got them but I was sweating that they would not come in time. staples has a quick turnaround time for binding (thank goodness). the books are fantastic though...even DH was impressed!!!
jsane is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: