Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2010, 01:47 AM   #61
disEAR
DVC Member

Everytime I go commando I get this horrible rash..

Walking around the parks all day Commando???
Old 07-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #62
Noel22
Mouseketeer

I'm a Commando, too and I totally hate it!!!
First of all: I plan every single minute of our vacation at home (but do something totally different when we finally on WDW vacation. :D)
2. No matter how long our WDW Trip is, I have to see, to eat, to do EVERYTHING!!!!
3. I do no breaks. I have to wake up at 7am and go to bed at 1am. The only time we sit down is on the bus, or for lunch.
..It always ends up with me feeling sick for at least two days. I envy everyone who is able to do a WDW vacation relaxed.
Like always, I hope that I will stop commando on our next trip - but I know that it will be my last WDW vacation until 2015 - so I HAVE to do as much as I can ..you know!? :D

Walt Disney World
1995 Caribbean Beach
1997 Port Orleans French Quarter
1999 All Star Music
2010 All Star Music

2011 Caribbean Beach
Noel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #63
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

At 10 year as a DISer, there is finally a planning group that I fit in with.

When we visit Disney, we are on the go from the time the plane lands.

When get into our room, I iron about 4 outfits for each of us. Then I hang up full sets of clothes (shirts, bottoms, underwear, socks). This way we don't waste time in the morning trying to figure out what to wear or ironing each day.
disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #64
ntsammy5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disEAR View Post
Everytime I go commando I get this horrible rash..

Walking around the parks all day Commando???
A little Body Glide will fix that.

ntsammy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:12 PM   #65
coreymd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Since there are alot of commando's out there, I'm thinking we should start The WDW Commando Club for those who do WDW commando style or would like to. Where you will not be put down for trying to accomplish as much as you want to do in a day or trip and get the most out of WDW
Where do we sign up?
coreymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #66
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreymd View Post
Where do we sign up?
I guess we can start here If anyone would like to be a member , just say sign me up or count me in.In the next couple of days I'll edit the 1st post annouce we are now a club, and add a Role Call of members

Anyone have any ideas what we should call the club, I think it would be best if we don't use Disney Or WDW in the title just incase (don't want to violate any copyrights or anything)
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #67
Donalyn
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, given the ages of my kids (6 and 3) we can't be in the parks from RD to close. However, I still want to do as much as possible. So, I'm a planning nut - what parks, what days, where and when to eat, when are the shows, what order to do the rides in the am, etc. I'm starting to plan our November, 2011 trip now....

Had our best commando day in our June trip to Disneyland, on a super busy day in the park. Our party of 10 (5 kids, 5 adults) was there for Magic Morning opening (their version of am EMHs) at 6:45, in park by 7:00, Fantasyland rides for 2 hours (more attractions that WDW MK Fantasyland), met Tink at Pixie Hallow, Tomorrowland (Astro Orbiters, Buzz, Star Wars, got FP for Autopia and Space), met Buzz, back down Main Street, picked out ears, met additional characters while I waited for the ears to be made, out of park for lunch and back for a nap at hotel. Back to park at 5:45 and got a great spot for the parade, then used Autopia FP and got a super FP for another ride since my sister's Autopia car broke down mid-track. Used the super FP for Nemo Subs (saving over an hour wait in line, since it doesn't have FP). Then used Space FP, then scoped out a great place for fireworks. After fireworks, we were also going to use our Indy FP (at 10:00), but it was off-line. Headed back to the hotel around 10:45 (just as my 3 year old was losing it). Took it easier the next day, heading to DCA at 9:20 (opened at 9:30).

While I love to plan, you do need to be flexible - like when the super FP fell in our laps - I was planning on doing Adventure land that evening (and doing Nemo at RD a different day), but this was a much better over all use of our time at that moment, so I had to reschedule our remaining days that night back at the hotel.

I also think that by planning, you learn so much that you are able to make planning changes on the fly, if need by.

And it is really important to plan for your group. In our last trip, I had to make sure that my niece saw Crush, that my nephew met Buzz, that my daughter met Ariel, that my mom saw the Alladin show, tried to do something special that each person would like.

And it is important that your group understands the rules, so to speak. My party knew that they would, in all cases, meet in the lobby at a given time each morning, that the mornings in the parks were planned, that I was in charge, that if they wanted to do something, they had to talk to me about so that we could find the best time to do it but it likely wouldn't be right that moment, and that shopping could wait until later.

I think that our next trip to WDW will be a little more relaxed than past trips have been, but I will still spend hours and hours planning.... I'm also hoping that nap breaks will not be required each day by that time.

I couldn't imagine going to Disney without a plan or not wanting to see as much as possible when you are there (even if you have already seen it 10 times).

DL 1979 (just me)
WDW July, 1990 (just me, off-site)
WDW January, 2003 (DH first trip, off-site)
WDW December, 2005 (DD's first trip, off-site)
WDW January, 2009 (first trip on-site, first trip as a family of four)
DL June, 2010 (HoJos, DH, DD and DD's first trips)
WDW November, 2011 (Birthday trip for both DDs, off-site, first MVMCP!)
Donalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #68
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntsammy5 View Post
A little Body Glide will fix that.

1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #69
coreymd
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
My favorite Trophy's are pressed pennies, there is a website Presscoins.com that lists all the locations of the machines and the designs for each one (penny, quarter and there is now 1 Dime one)
I totally forgot about these. We got our son a pressed coin collector's book (w/ Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey on the cover) last time we were there. Need to dig that up for the next trip... and bring a roll of quarters.

Thanks for that link.
coreymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:51 PM   #70
Sagginit
DIS Veteran

my mother mocked me endlessly before the last trip. when we got there she was amazed at how smooth things were and how much we were able to do with all meals and park days planned. she bragged when we got back i was so good i could be a pro and how my planning actually made the trip super relaxing. see if you do all the brain work before you get there by planning when you get there all you have to do is follow the plan, even if it is commando style. i used to get season passes to a local theme park and find that commando style is more relaxing and less walking, therefor less tiring than aimlessly relaxed wandering.
Sagginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 AM   #71
Rekenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donalyn View Post
And it is important that your group understands the rules, so to speak. My party knew that they would, in all cases, meet in the lobby at a given time each morning, that the mornings in the parks were planned, that I was in charge, that if they wanted to do something, they had to talk to me about so that we could find the best time to do it but it likely wouldn't be right that moment, and that shopping could wait until later.
YES, YES, YES!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagginit View Post
my mother mocked me endlessly before the last trip. when we got there she was amazed at how smooth things were and how much we were able to do with all meals and park days planned. she bragged when we got back i was so good i could be a pro and how my planning actually made the trip super relaxing. see if you do all the brain work before you get there by planning when you get there all you have to do is follow the plan, even if it is commando style. i used to get season passes to a local theme park and find that commando style is more relaxing and less walking, therefor less tiring than aimlessly relaxed wandering.
Thank you very much!!! I am teased relentlessly before trips and then while on them and my group sees all these poor people lost and looking around they turn to me with true admiration. Alas, they always seem to forget this when I begin super-planning the next trip.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:36 PM   #72
TinkerBellSam
Mouseketeer

Im in!

:
[/url]

TinkerBellSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:39 PM   #73
Sara*s_Mommie
Mouseketeer

ok..I'm a doofus...when I read this title, I thought you meant "going without underwear" my second thought was - "whatever floats your boat, I just don't wanna know about it"
Sara*s_Mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #74
dizcraze1
Mouseketeer

To threesmithboys: I thought I was the only one who put my notecards on binder rings! I never thought to laminate them!!!!!Thank you for the great idea!
dizcraze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #75
3smithboys
DIS Veteran

You're welcome! It's the teacher in me...we laminate everything that doesn't move!!! (But it actually does keep everything well protected from the rain and water rides too!)
3smithboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: