Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 11:14 PM   #2791
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
Today I was able to make a ADR for our 10th Anniversary Dinner at Shula's for 5pm
Awesome
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #2792
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Is anyone else feeling disappointed in The Limited Time Only Promo so far IMO I thought they would do a lot more then they are doing, If I was in charge of a promo I would do a "You Never Know What To Expect" Year, where something might only last a few minutes in a spot you would never think of, a lot of people don't need to be present (someone will capture it it on film) and it would create a lot of buzz, it would keep people on their toes during the trip, I could come up with tons of ideas of little things to do that would make some guests visit one they will always remember (in a good way), but unfortunately that's not my job, but if it was there would be a lot of great times to come
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Disney Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #2793
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando
Is anyone else feeling disappointed in The Limited Time Only Promo so far IMO I thought they would do a lot more then they are doing, If I was in charge of a promo I would do a "You Never Know What To Expect" Year, where something might only last a few minutes in a spot you would never think of, a lot of people don't need to be present (someone will capture it it on film) and it would create a lot of buzz, it would keep people on their toes during the trip, I could come up with tons of ideas of little things to do that would make some guests visit one they will always remember (in a good way), but unfortunately that's not my job, but if it was there would be a lot of great times to come
I said something similar in a thread a few weeks ago... It's making me feel better that we won't be able to take a trip this year that we're not missing anything special!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #2794
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are not alone in this. It feels like an after thought and that is unfortunate.
Commando Member #216

Old 02-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #2795
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

I've been watching the Limited Time Magic for both DL and WDW, and have been underwhelmed by the whole promotion in general. Even the commercials they are running are not that "magical". They need to hire a new marketing company to come up with something better than this. Let's all hope that next years promo is better than this years.
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:03 PM   #2796
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
I said something similar in a thread a few weeks ago... It's making me feel better that we won't be able to take a trip this year that we're not missing anything special!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELLEDOZER View Post
I've been watching the Limited Time Magic for both DL and WDW, and have been underwhelmed by the whole promotion in general. Even the commercials they are running are not that "magical". They need to hire a new marketing company to come up with something better than this. Let's all hope that next years promo is better than this years.
If I was someone thinking about going to WDW this year, with the Limited Time Only promo there is nothing that jumps out at me for me to say oh we got to go

Since we will be at WDW this year for 10 days, we are going to get a double dose, and we will visit what ever they are doing those weeks, After being less then impressed with what has been done so far during this promo, I hope they step it up a bit, I'm not going to be one to make it sound like a horse & pony show because I was there during a event if I'm not impressed
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-16-2013, 02:46 AM   #2797
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Commando View Post
If I was someone thinking about going to WDW this year, with the Limited Time Only promo there is nothing that jumps out at me for me to say oh we got to go

Since we will be at WDW this year for 10 days, we are going to get a double dose, and we will visit what ever they are doing those weeks, After being less then impressed with what has been done so far during this promo, I hope they step it up a bit, I'm not going to be one to make it sound like a horse & pony show because I was there during a event if I'm not impressed
I am going (prayerfully) three times this year and I feel the same way. If it's not up to par, I won't be talking about it as if it is super spectacular. I mean, I am going to feel that way anyway just being there, however this promo is not something I will be going out of my way to see, unless Disney puts some effort into it,
Commando Member #216

Old 02-16-2013, 05:08 AM   #2798
jkpmac
Mouseketeer

New

I am not a Commando by personality, but I quickly learned the value of it, and how it can sometimes not pan out when the other commando in your family takes over.

My first time planning the trip, (back then I preferred spontanaity) it was my DW that wanted the plan of course she wanted the plan but she wanted me to do it.

So I planned it, as we were on the dining plan, I researched restaurants, made reservations, planned park visits with respect to where we were eating, used the unofficial guide to Disney world as a reference etc. Perfect Plan.......

Then while we were there my wife changed park visits to match the weather of the day............................................... ....

Sorry I started hyperventallating again.

Anyhow, the next visit is coming up again and I made a plan, not only for us but for friends who are coming with us. This time I got the Lawyer to draw up a contract regarding changes, and reminded my DW that he is also a divorce lawyer (joking).

In truth, I hope we can stick to the plan, the only draw back of making changes when you plan around dining is the time wasted travelling from one park to another or a resort. In one case it took us an hour of boats, buses and monorails to get there in time for the reservation, thats a fair bit of in park time lost. Of course as an act of revenge I did walk slow a few times, or in the case of one reservation actually made us go the long way around, just making it in time!!! For you DH's out there I also learned that revenge is not a wise idea, becasue DW's are taught how to make you feel guilty in grade school and are much better at it than us guys. Maybe I can get a precription for valium before we leave.

jkpmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:49 AM   #2799
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Hello jkpmac! A few suggestions you have probably thought of already: plan meals at times when you plan on taking a break; plan meals at "off" times (late 11am breakfast, early 430 dinners/ late lunches; take advantage of restaurants that open prior to park opening for breakfast (Crystal Palace, Tusker House, ect...).
I personally am not a big breakfast person and normally outside of WDW I eat one big meal and snack a lot. However I travel with regular meal eaters, lol. We always go to CP for the earliest seating on a non EMH day. I plan on doing the same for TH and possibly doing late breakfasts at Boma and Kona for days with EMH.
Also remember that anytime you break or stop at Disney your losing some park time but in the end it's all relative so it's best to use time you have efficiently. That's so nice of you to help plan for your friends as well.
Commando Member #216

Old 02-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #2800
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpmac View Post
I am not a Commando by personality, but I quickly learned the value of it, and how it can sometimes not pan out when the other commando in your family takes over.

Anyhow, the next visit is coming up again and I made a plan, not only for us but for friends who are coming with us. This time I got the Lawyer to draw up a contract regarding changes, and reminded my DW that he is also a divorce lawyer (joking).
Welcome and

We do a commando plan for park days and also allow a free day without planning, where we swim or whatever. We may still have an ADR. That may help prevent the divorce.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #2801
zianha
Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened!

Hi everyone! Well, I thought I could do a sort of less Commando trip this year....but it's just not gonna happen!! As it is, my upcoming March trip is only 5 days (Boooo!) and after talking to my kids, they would rather do more stuff and less relaxing (YES!!!!)

I'm also unimpressed with the Limited Time Magic promo so far. I think I let myself fall for the hype and so now I'm just all "Oh." about it when I see the so called Magic. :/
Me-Shandale(39) DS11 DS15 Ziggy Zoe NDM #344---WDW Commando Member #121
My Blog! http://alldaydisney.com/
My YouTube Channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/AllDayDisney

zianha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #2802
jkpmac
Mouseketeer

I planned meals around our usual dining habits, using them as a break would have been a great idea. We do a have an afternoon of free time, that could easily be a full day, Temperature permitting the boys can go to Typhoon lagoon, the girls can go shopping !!

Last edited by jkpmac; 02-17-2013 at 01:57 AM.
jkpmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #2803
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpmac View Post

My first time planning the trip, (back then I preferred spontanaity) it was my DW that wanted the plan of course she wanted the plan but she wanted me to do it.

So I planned it, as we were on the dining plan, I researched restaurants, made reservations, planned park visits with respect to where we were eating, used the unofficial guide to Disney world as a reference etc. Perfect Plan.......

Then while we were there my wife changed park visits to match the weather of the day............................................... ....

Sorry I started hyperventallating again.

In truth, I hope we can stick to the plan, the only draw back of making changes when you plan around dining is the time wasted travelling from one park to another or a resort. In one case it took us an hour of boats, buses and monorails to get there in time for the reservation, thats a fair bit of in park time lost. Of course as an act of revenge I did walk slow a few times, or in the case of one reservation actually made us go the long way around, just making it in time!!! For you DH's out there I also learned that revenge is not a wise idea, becasue DW's are taught how to make you feel guilty in grade school and are much better at it than us guys. Maybe I can get a precription for valium before we leave.
You are member #226 , I wonder if the Lawyer idea would work, For us the time traveling to dinner at a resort or heading to another park that is our rest time
I can't help you with getting a prescription, but I can tell you of a few good places to grab a nice cocktail (or two or maybe 3)

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #2804
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends

Today I called WDW to make one of the most important ressie's I make on our trips to WDW, The 12noon haircut at Harmony Barbershop

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 02-16-2013, 10:13 PM   #2805
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Today I called WDW to make one of the most important ressie's I make on our trips to WDW, The 12noon haircut at Harmony Barbershop
Oh I know you and your son are going to love that.
Commando Member #216

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: