Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
MorningStar85
Earning My Ears

Smile Nightmare Before Christmas!/honeymoon!/first-timer!

(Posting this in the wedding forum too, to cover my bases lol)
HI!!! My name is Niki and on 10/30/10 I get to marry my best friend/the bestest officer in the world lol. My fiance has never been to Disneyworld, I've been to Disney 3 times although the last time was 6/7 years ago so it's been a while and I'm outta practice. We have booked our 7 night honeymoon in Disneyworld starting 10/31 and we need all the helpful tips we can accumulate!
We have secured reservations at the desired restaurants that he should/wants to eat at as a first timer and made a tidy little list of the rides/attractions that he's expressed interest in (plus the critical first timer must-do's). We are total Nightmare Before Christmas fans (we have a Jack and Sally figurine as our caketopper and buying each other Jack and Sally tats as wedding presents) and the fact that we will be in Disney for our favorite holiday, Halloween, has us all fired up. Of course we're hitting the Haunted Mansion since it's getting the NBC treatment BUT I want to know what more we can do to take advantage of the park as NBC fanatics. HELP!

So I guess here's the main points lol; we need to know how to take advantage of the park on Halloween (besides the parade, we have that covered), as NBC fans, a first timer and just any little pearls of wisdom that you lovely folks are willing to share! Thank you!!
MorningStar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to tell you that Disneyworld in Florida doesn't do the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay to the Haunted Mansion, only Disneyland in California does that.

But I'm sure it will be great anyway!
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

hi niki... first off, you are AWESOME! It would be my dream come true to meet a dude who would want to go to WDW for our honeymoon! you are going to have an awesome time!
well, first off, im not sure if you know this or not, so im going to try to cover all the bases here. you have to buy a special ticket to get into the magic kingdom on halloween its a party called mickeys not so scary halloween party and tickets are about $60 a piece. the party kicks off at 6 pm and goes till midnite! they fireworks and parade are NOT TO BE MISSED! also, the wait times for attractions are very minimal so you can get alot of ground covered during that time. YOU CAN DRESS UP IN COSTUME, you dont have to, but its fun to do.
hope this helps .... -jennifer
Old 06-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #4
nytimez
Nihilist

They also do Nightmare at HM in Tokyo. In case you're willing to really travel for your Honeymoon.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

The PPs are correct. WDW does NOT get the NMBC overlay, it's DL (and apparently Tokyo, I didn't know that). Jack and Sally are also, at this time, NOT meet and greet characters in WDW. The halloween party is specially ticketed event, so just being at the park does not get you into the party. I believe the party usually starts at 7, and by this time they'll be clearing out anyone who does not have a ticket to the party.

That being said...I'm also a huge NMBC fan, and was pleased with the amount of merchandise I found. My last trip was Oct 08, and I was at a MNSSHP. I loved every minute of it. I'd say it was about a 50/50 ratio of people dressed up in costume vs not. There was also a lot of people who had halloween themed tshirts on rather than full costumes. I'd suggest if you plan to dress up, pay close attention to the materials your costume is made of. It's still Florida and it'll likely still be pretty toasty out. You'll want something that will breathe. Keep it simple if you plan on getting on the rides, nothing that will trail out of the ride vehicles or cause big issues with getting into the vehicle. The halloween party is the only time an adult (over 12 years old) is allowed to wear a costume into the parks, however it cannot be anything that completely covers your head, cannot be anything offensive or too violent (so I hear) and if you appear too much like you'd be mistaken for a CM, you'll be told you are not allowed to sign autographs and will possibly be warned against taking pictures with other guests. Shopping-wise, I ended up with a shirt and a snowglobe to add to my collection that includes purses, shirts, and figures that are all NMBC. I don't know how much of it was there because it was the halloween season, but pretty much every store had at least a small section devoted to NMBC. The villains store in HS had a lot of stuff too, even though I don't consider Jack a villan. I didn't see too much of the other characters, a little bit of Sally stuff, 1 or 2 things with Oogie Boogie, a couple things with Lock Shock and Barrel, there was even something with the mayor, but most of what you'll see will be Jack.
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #6
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Ran across this site and thought of you. Congratultions on the nuptials.
http://doombuggies.com/

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
thumper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:04 AM   #7
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Hey! Congrats on the upcoming wedding and WDW honeymoon! My DH was a WDW newbie too when he met me and I converted him! We went the first time together in 2006 and we had our honeymoon there last summer and it was a blast! Now we are getting ready for our sixth trip so hopefully, you will have the same luck with your future DH!

Definitely try to get tickets to MNSSHP! I think the last one is in the beginning of November so you might still be able to make it! I think you would really like it...the parade has the hitch-hiking ghosts and ballroom dancers from HM....SOOOO cool!

As for NBC, there is a cart outside of the HM that sells lots of NBC merch, as well as Villians and Vogue in DHS.

p.s. My name is Nikki too!
NikkiLovesWDW! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:39 AM   #8
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Hi Niki, welcome to the DIS.

WDW is by far the best honeymoon location I can think of!

October is an amazing time to visit, and definitely get MNSSHP tickets. Although ry to avoid going to the actual halloween night one, or one on a Friday/Saturday near the 31st.

Have a great trip! And congrats on the wedding.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 AM   #9
chartle
DIS Veteran

Also does the party sell out early for Oct 31st, are tickets still available?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:02 AM   #10
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chartle View Post
Also does the party sell out early for Oct 31st, are tickets still available?
Tix are still available but YES they do sell out.Usually by Aug/Sept sometimes earlier.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:03 AM   #11
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your honeymoon! Not only do they not do the NBC overlay at Disneyworld, but Jack and Sally are not there at all.No meet and greets or anything like that.Sorry to disappoint.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
MorningStar85
Earning My Ears

Oh wow! Thank you so much everyone! LockShockBarrel, thank you for the NBC shopping info. I'm trying to tell myself I'll be able to hold back and not blow my spending money in one shot but......I don't see that happening LOL. Thumper*, that website is so cute! Thanks for the link, I forwarded it to my fiance too and he got a kick out of it.
We are really bummed that the NBC makeover doesn't take place in Florida but hey, I guess those are the breaks. We took care of the parade tickets last week but we aren't really interested in the Not So Scary Party. We are still planning the must-see's and must-do's but we are winging the trip for the most part so that we can just relax and enjoy it. Thanks again everyone!!
MorningStar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #13
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningStar85 View Post
We took care of the parade tickets last week but we aren't really interested in the Not So Scary Party.
Not sure what you mean by you have "parade tickets" but are not interested in the party.

The parade is part of the party not a separate ticket.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:38 AM   #14
thumper*
Disney Dreamer

Chartle I think she means she bought the tix so they can see the parade but they probably don't care much about the rest of the party.

Sept 2010 AKL Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2562391
Epcot 1991 for honeymoon.....off site
M.K. & Epcot 1985 1'st visit....off site
My Ebay store for Disney stuff..................magsco5 Harley...Smoke...Churchill R.I.P...Winston R.I.P.
thumper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:00 AM   #15
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Watch the fireworks too!! They are amazing!!

And get your entry fee's worth of candy! Maybe it's because we don't get any of the MNSSHP candy in the UK, but we loooved it!

Mmmm Cherry now and laters, how I miss you.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first visit, honeymoon, nightmare

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: