Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2010, 05:10 AM   #16
Mydisneywedding
Making my dreams come true

Scratch off the TO DO LIST...

Just some updates,

Invitations have been designed and are ordered, here is a sample

Shoes were purchased... def. wearing flats

And Created a blog so my family and friends who can't be close or at the wedding get to be a part of everything...

http://www.bobbyandmariasdisneywedding.blogspot.com/
Mydisneywedding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:11 AM   #17
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love your idea about doing a blog so that your friends and family who can't make it to Disney can still be a part of your wedding! Your guests are going to love it!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #18
Jules~Marie
Mouseketeer

I really like your invitations. Are you doing them yourself or did you order them from a company? I picked out the invitations I wanted back in February, but I just got a sample in the mail, and I was very disappointed. I want something formal, and what I received was a folded piece of paper...not the look I'm going for. I love your colors, by the way!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:18 AM   #19
Mydisneywedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules~Marie View Post
I really like your invitations. Are you doing them yourself or did you order them from a company? I picked out the invitations I wanted back in February, but I just got a sample in the mail, and I was very disappointed. I want something formal, and what I received was a folded piece of paper...not the look I'm going for. I love your colors, by the way!

Hi Jules,

My invitations are a combination of doing them myself and having someone do them... For the printing and mounting on the stock paper I am using Lynsey from http://www.decadentdesignsllc.com/. I am boxing them myself, putting the purple ribbon and attaching the brooches.

I will be honest with you, they have not been easy. I still dont have the actual invite but finding a box for them has been tough.

Here is what I recommend... go to the website http://www.decadentdesignsllc.com/ Lynsey has beautiful invitations in boxes as well. She is great to work with, great prices and ideas.
Email her and let her know that Maria with the purple Disney wedding invitations referred you. She is really nice. She will help you with ideas.

maria

Last edited by Mydisneywedding; 07-23-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #20
ZetaCPA
Earning My Ears

I found real elegant reasonable invites at http://www.mygatsby.com
and you can get low prices invite mailing boxes at: http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/...x-mailers.html
They are $2.00 a piece. Those are the nicest ones I've found so far.
Good Luck!
ZetaCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #21
Mydisneywedding

Flights are booked....well some of them

I have been dying because the wedding is 5 months away and my future sister-in-law has been the only one who has been asking about flights...
everyone else has forgotten that disney is not located in New Jersey.

So.... I contacted JetBlue myself, asked them about group rates and booked 11 tickets. Here is a great thing if you are having a big group going to Orlando together.

JetBlue will price it for you, let you put a $50 per ticket deposit for the # of tickets they have on hold and they give you till 30 days before the event to pay it in full. You don't even have to give the passengers names till 30 days before. So now 11 people could fly down on a locked in fare and I don't have to hear "oh we have to pay it all in 1 shot"... because they could pay it a little at a time.

I think Continental does this as well... just a little tip!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:50 AM   #22
Jules~Marie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydisneywedding View Post
I have been dying because the wedding is 5 months away and my future sister-in-law has been the only one who has been asking about flights...
everyone else has forgotten that disney is not located in New Jersey.

So.... I contacted JetBlue myself, asked them about group rates and booked 11 tickets. Here is a great thing if you are having a big group going to Orlando together.

JetBlue will price it for you, let you put a $50 per ticket deposit for the # of tickets they have on hold and they give you till 30 days before the event to pay it in full. You don't even have to give the passengers names till 30 days before. So now 11 people could fly down on a locked in fare and I don't have to hear "oh we have to pay it all in 1 shot"... because they could pay it a little at a time.

I think Continental does this as well... just a little tip!!!
Thanks for the info for the invitations, I will definitely be checking that out. Also, this is awesome!! I had no idea JetBlue would do that, and most people in my party only fly JetBlue, so it really works out. Are they all booked on a set date and time? Hm, I may have to look into this further. Thanks again for the info!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #23
Mydisneywedding

So much to do so little time...

After a much needed week long vacation, I came home got sick and needed to stay home from work.... the good thing about being sick, I got to do tons of wedding stuff....

Designed Aisle runner, and placed order

Started searching for favors... I haven't found anything I like

Found a lady who use to work for Peter Langner to design and make my veil and half the price

and got to speak to Rosie about the ceremony decor
Old 08-12-2010, 06:17 AM   #24
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

That's a really neat aisle runner, I never thought about putting clip art or something like that on it. It really makes it personable!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:51 AM   #25
Jules~Marie
Mouseketeer

I love your aisle runner. It's so unique.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #26
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I love your aisle runner!!
I may be a bit biased as I am using the same Mickey and Minnie image (but in black) in my VR logo!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #27
ZetaCPA
Earning My Ears

Where can I find the clipart you all have? I did a search on the web and I just get a bunch of junk!
ZetaCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #28
Mydisneywedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
That's a really neat aisle runner, I never thought about putting clip art or something like that on it. It really makes it personable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules~Marie View Post
I love your aisle runner. It's so unique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
I love your aisle runner!!
I may be a bit biased as I am using the same Mickey and Minnie image (but in black) in my VR logo!!

Thanks ladies, I really love that image of mickey and minnie. I am using it on the tee-shirts I made for my mom, aunt, MOH & bridesmade.

I am using it in pretty much everything... I'll soon post other images!
Old 08-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #29
Mydisneywedding

Wedding goodies arrived

I came home last night to some packages...

Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #30
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

your invites are really beautiful...I also like that you had a nice short story to start your PJ not a long story...I don't have one either...or maybe im just not a writer...

Nikisha421 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: