Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
chelsrae85
Mouseketeer

Chelsea & Max's DCL Wedding 2011/2012 Planning Journal

Hi Everyone! My name is Chelsea and I'm marrying my absolute best friend, Max, after nearly six years of dating (it'll have been almost eight by the time the wedding rolls around! We don't like to rush into things! ha!)

So here's me:

And here's me with future hubby:

Anyway, I am a former CP, Fall 2005. I worked at DTD's Pin Traders, Summer Sands (may it rest in peace), and Team Mickey, and was one of Santa's Helpers at the Photo Chalet during Christmas time. My fiance, Max, stayed with me during the five months of long-distance while I was on my program, and we actually grew stronger from the experience. He and I met while working in an antique store here in Ohio. We wanted a wedding that would reflect our love of history (a vintage look) and our love of Disney. Voila--get married on a regal, majestic boat from the Disney Cruise Line. Problem solved!

So, on to the details:
Wedding date: Either fall 2011 or spring 2012. I gotta save some dough, and so do my guests. Ha!
Guests: 40ish
Length of cruise: either 4 or 5 day Bahamian
colors/Theme: Vintage Disney French (Future Husband has French heritage). I'd like an elegant theme with subtle Disney details using peach, pale green, and pale yellow coloring. Inspiration board coming soon!

MUSIC
Processional--Vitamin String Quartet's version of Crash Into Me
Recessional--Somewhere over the Rainbow, Israel Whatshisface's version
First Dance--You and Me, DMB

ATTIRE
I don't know that I ever posted this because my dress seems to be one of the biggest conundrums of the whole planning process. I originally fell in love with the Maggie Sottero Alannah dress, but it seems no bridal shop in the entire state of Ohio has it for me to try on, and I refuse to buy my wedding gown sight unseen.

Meanwhile, I found a used gown at a thrift store for $50 and grabbed it, thinking I could alter it (it's too big) and then I'd like it. Well, the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like work, and expensive work, for a dress I'm only going to *like* and not LOVE.

So. I went to Perfect Weddings in Lancaster, Ohio, and tried on some gowns by myself one day. The first gown I tried on I fell absolutely in love with. Like to the point where I had tears in my eyes LOVED it. I'm posting the picture, but bare in mind that mine will be in a light gold, champagne color, and you can't tell by the photo but it's sparkly! It gives me the figure of a Goddess and it is right in the budget. I didn't want to spend more than 1k on a gown, and this one is $900. Perfect. Behold, the Casablanca 1891 gown.

(note, that's not me)

I also know that I have a vintage necklace which I LOVE that I'll be wearing with the dress, and I want to find a vintage birdcage veil to wear in pictures. I don't actually want a veil on the wedding day, because I want my long curly auburn hair to be wavy and have flowers through it. (I'm such a typical beach bride!)
So, moving on to wedding party attire, then my gorgeous grooms' lastly (save the best for last...:D)

I originally had told my 'maids that they can just wear whatever dress they have in their closet since they're already putting out the cash for the cruise. Well, the more I think about it the more I'm afraid of clashing colors so I think I'm going to buy their outfits for them. I am thinking of doing non-traditional matching tops and skirts from a department store, which I think will not break the budget but still look fresh and coordinated. Girls, whatchoo think?

We've already agreed that our bridal parties need to be taken care of, which means...matching sunglasses to fight the Bahamian rays!

Lastly, I'm not quite sure what Max will be wearing. We haven't really discussed fashion--probably something a little more dressy than the boys, but not a suit.

FLOWERS
Calla Lilies, green hydrangeas, peach roses, and yellow peonies for at-home reception decor. Tropical bouquets from DCL.

DECOR

At the reception, we'll be displaying the photos from the wedding in seaside frames, along with white taper candles and very minimal florals. The bulk of decor will be the frames and candles, but small accents of beach pebbles, starfish, sanddollars, seashells, and driftwood.

At the wedding, the only decor will be what Disney provides.

PHOTOGRAPHY
On the cruise: Ariel (a friend of mine, not to be confused with Ariel the mermaid!) My Ariel is pronouces ARR-ee-ell, and he's a dude.

At Home: Ariel and my friend Melissa (it pays to have friends who are photographers!)

At WDW: I may or may not opt to do the Magic Kingdom photo shoot add-on after the cruise. Who doesn't want pictures with their new husband in front of Cinderella's Castle!

DETAILS

BRIDAL PARTY
Bridesmaids: Courtney, Kelly, Autumn, Kirsten (and sisters?)
Groomsmen: Chris & Ryan, Travis? (Max hasn't asked his dudes yet)
Ring Bearer: If we have one....probably Luke, my best friend's 4-year old. I am undecided.
Flower Girl: If we have one, it will either be Addy or Bella. Or both.
I love when weddings have multiple flower girls. On the other hand I don't know if I want to drive up the expense of the overall wedding for something I don't deem "necessary" (they're gonna be there anyway!).

Things I think are important:

1.) I'm weird, and I love stationery. The paper stuff is going to be one of the most fun things to make in the wedding. I'm DIY-ing like, 80% of this wedding. I'm an avid scrapbooker so I'm going to make (well, I say I'm going to make) Save the Dates, Invites, reception cards, RSVP cards, website info cards, menus, programs, at-home reception invites, announcements, engagement party cards, be my bridesmaid cards, and bach party invites. yeah, i'm insane.

2.) The pictures, to me, are the most important thing (besides getting married--minor detail, really, right?). I know I want to do several photo shoots after the wedding. Ariel has told me he'll shoot us at a few Disney resorts after our cruise for fun, and I'd like to do a shoot of us in the water at the beach after our reception on Castaway. I'd prefer to do one of the cruises that hits Castaway twice--do they let you choose which Castaway day you have your wedding on? Anyone know?

My planning blog is also located at http://chelseaandmax.livejournal.com and if you friend me there, you'll see all sorts of protected entries that have lots of wedding eye candy. I'm not putting this here to pawn off my blog, but if you wanna follow our wedding it will be there as well. Just laying it out there. Ha!
DCL Trip November 2006 Disney Wonder
WDW Trip November 2006 Coronado Springs Resort
WDW November 2007 Allstar Music Resort
WDW April 2008 Off Site at Friends House
WDW November 2008 Hilton Head Island Resort and Port Orleans Riverside
DCL November 2008 Disney Wonder
WDW Trip April 2009 Off Site (Champions Resort)
WDW Trip 2010 Royal Plaza Hotel DTD
http://chelseaandmax.livejournal.com

My DisBoards DCL Planning Journal

Last edited by chelsrae85; 06-19-2010 at 02:13 PM.
chelsrae85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding! You have a lot planned out already which is great! Your theme sounds like it is going to be beautiful and you will be able to do some great things with stationary for a vintage feel wedding. I look forward to reading more!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
chelsrae85
Mouseketeer

Save the Dates Idea

Save the Dates

Max and I are (were??!!) huge LOST fans. To pay homage to our favorite show and our "date night" tradition of watching LOST every week during the seasons, we want to do the Message in a Bottle save-the-dates. Here are a few links to some cute ones for inspiration, although we'll probably find some wholesale bottles and make our own.

The Basics: Sand, Information, and Shells

This one is tied with a starfish. Cute!

Step By Step DIY on how to make them, with Cute Insert!

I would love to have someone make the inserted message actually LOST themed, with maybe the same font and colors as some of the LOST images?

It's not Disney, but it is us.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
chelsrae85
Mouseketeer

:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding! You have a lot planned out already which is great! Your theme sounds like it is going to be beautiful and you will be able to do some great things with stationary for a vintage feel wedding. I look forward to reading more!
Thank you so much! I'm really excited to be sharing it with everyone. Yay weddings! Yay Disney! Yay trying to get skinny for a beach wedding!

Just kidding about that last part...

Old 05-29-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
chelsrae85
Mouseketeer

Our Song--First Dance Song--"You & Me" by Dave Matthews Band

Last summer, our favorite band, Dave Matthews Band, released a new album called Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King. Well, he and I took an afternoon to sit and just chill out and listen to the album beginning to end. When we got to this song, we simultaneously just grabbed each others hands and began to slow dance. It's definitely been one of "our songs" ever since, and I'd like to use the lyrics in some of my stationery as well as obviously make it our first dance song. Bonus? It references taking a boat ride to the end of the world, and we're getting married on a Cruise, and it mentions flying through the sky (hello, PETER PAN ANYONE?). FANTASTIC, no? I also love how it references the couple's children. Max and I don't have babies yet, but one of the things I know we're going to be good at is parenting (wouldn't pick just anyone to be my baby daddy, LOL!) We do talk quite a lot of our future children, and this song really speaks to both of us.

Here be the lyrics:

Wanna pack your bags, Something small
Take what you need and we disappear
Without a trace we'll be gone, gone
The moon and the stars can follow the car
and then when we get to the ocean
We gonna take a boat to the end of the world
All the way to the end of the world

Oh, and when the kids are old enough
We're gonna teach them to fly

You and me together, we could do anything, Baby
You and me together yes, yes (x2)

You and I, we're not tied to the ground
Not falling but rising like rolling around
Eyes closed above the rooftops
Eyes closed, we're gonna spin through the stars
Our arms wide as the sky
We gonna ride the blue all the way to the end of the world
To the end of the world

Oh, and when the kids are old enough
We're gonna teach them to fly

You and me together yes, yes

We can always look back at what we did
All these memories of you and me baby
But right now it's you and me forever girl
And you know we could do better than anything that we did
You know that you and me, we could do anything

You and me together yeah, yeah
Two of us together, we could do anything, baby
You and me together yeah, yeah
Two of us together yeah, yeah
Two of us together, we could do anything, baby

'til we reach the end of the world

Bonus Pic: Here's us at a Dave Matthews Band concert with friends back in 2007

Last edited by chelsrae85; 06-19-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:15 AM   #6
PixieDust1969
Happily Married on Castaway Cay!

Location: In Florida, very close to WDW- about a 15 minute drive!

WOW! You have it all planned out! I am looking at planning a DCL wedding for November 2011 on the Disney Dream. I am not 100% DCL or DVBR. Thank you for sharing your planning. If we do the cruise we will also have a reception when we get back.
PixieDust1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #7
chelsrae85
Mouseketeer

I'm going to post again soon about our wedding...

...but in the meantime, check out this beautiful Cinderella carriage centerpiece, pieced together by the folks over at Scrapologie. Lovely inspiration for some Disney Bride who loves to craft!

Old 06-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #8
chelsrae85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieDust1969 View Post
WOW! You have it all planned out! I am looking at planning a DCL wedding for November 2011 on the Disney Dream. I am not 100% DCL or DVBR. Thank you for sharing your planning. If we do the cruise we will also have a reception when we get back.
Do it! And when you start planning, start a PJ! I need help from other DCL brides!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #9
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

I decided on a DCL Wedding ~ September 2011. Excited to read another person's progress. Congrats!
stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

congrats and welcome

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #11
chelsrae85
Mouseketeer

First things First, an Introduction!

Before I get too entirely detailed with flowers and shoes and guest lists and etc., I should probably introduce US, the Bride and Groom!

Here's Us:

The Groom:
Max, 24, works for a very large utility company that provides phone and internet service, former Archaeologist, LOST fan, DMB enthusiast (Dave Matthews Band), my Disney adventure cohort, proud Daddy of our Miniature Pinscher

The Bride:
Me, Chelsea! 25, work for a safety shoe and work boot company, former Disney Cast Member on the Fall 2005 College Program. ALSO a huge DMB fan. Travel, photography, and scrapbook- extraordinaire. We also own a small antique store which we run on the weekends at a local flea market area

The Story:
We met in 2003 when I started working at the local antique store. Max was my coworker so it took us over a year to work up the nerve to date each other. We fell in love in 2004 and haven't looked back since! He stood by my side as I decided to pack up everything and head to Florida for my WDW internship, and he even visited me 3 times in the 6 months I was there! We're Ohioans so it was quite a trek for him!

Old 06-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #12
chelsrae85
Mouseketeer

Photo Locations Post 1: Resort Photos

After our cruise, we want to take a day to head over to Walt Disney World (only about 45 minutes from the cruise terminal) and get some gorgeous pictures at some of the resorts. These could be at the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian Resort, DAK Lodge, Coronado Springs, Yacht Club, Wilderness Lodge, or Port Orleans. We may just make a day of it and make sure our Photographer is fed and housed for the day. Below are some ideas:

Disney's Wilderness Lodge--we definitely want photos here. It's the most "us" of all the resorts. Imagine gorgeous pictures in front of that cascading waterfall, in that lovely lobby, and with the huge Lodge in the background. As much as Max and I love the Great Outdoors (both the place and the movie, LOL!), this resort is a for sure if we do resort photos. For this shoot I'd like to just have my natural makeup, maybe some lovely but casual sandals, and understated jewelry.

I also think it would really unique and beautiful to snap some shots in front of the Lighthouse at Disney's Yacht Club Resort. Fun Fact: I used to collect Lighthouse figurines when I was younger, and I've always had a fascination for them. This is probably where I'd wear my birdcage veil and go all red lips vintage glam in the pictures.

Finally, the Animal Kindgom Lodge is a must. We love safari/African themed anything, and Max & I stayed here one night during our first trip back in 2005, and it has special meaning to us. I'd like to get some really cool feather earrings and a sort of tribal statement necklace to wear if we do a shoot here. And for my groom, it would be cool to be untucked and in sandals but still in his suit in this location. A very casual, yet fashion-forward shoot--I wanna go all Vogue style on this one!

Old 06-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #13
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

welcome and congrats on your engagement! Your plans look great so far.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #14
redlight
DIS Veteran

You are a cute couple. Congratulations!

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #15
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Everything looks great so far! Can't wait to read more! Yay for DCL brides!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: