Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #16
Sccrmnky2005
Already Earned My Ears ;)

I just read your PJ the other day and not sure why I didn't post anything but I love the picture of the chairs, what an amazing story!!!

Can't wait to hear more about your plans, and feathers!!!
3/7/2010- 4 night Disney Wonder, Engagement Suprise
1/21/2011- 2 Night Disney Dream Preview Cruise
TRIP REPORT
6/23/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy- Western, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise
6/30/2012- 7 night Disney Fantasy-Eastern, HONEYMOON B2B Cruise

Wedding PJ & TR
Sccrmnky2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #17
LuluLovesDisney
If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!
I guess Rainy Days are definitely a "turn on"!

I love your memorial photograph. What a beautiful image and sentiment. Everything sounds great so far and I can't wait to hear about your PS!
LuluLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #18
neener3
Mouseketeer

I'm reading!

The picture with the chairs is absolutely incredible. I love the idea. I'm trying to think of something to do for my grandmother, who has Alzheimer's and so obviously can't come - but being as how she's still alive (even though her mind is gone), it's proving to be difficult.

I'd love to hear about how you get rid of double chins! Share? LOL.
neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:04 PM   #19
Princess SarahK
DIS Veteran

Im in love. Your story is beautiful, and I absolutely love your memorial photo. Ive never seen or heard anything like it and totally love it! Everything looks great, cant wait to see all your pictures!

Princess SarahK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
wintermouse
Earning My Ears

We're back from Disney! We had such a great time!! I had mentioned to the Disney reservation lady when we added the dining plan (at the very last minute) that we were going for our wedding planning session. When we checked in there was a package on the bed for free mini golf, half off a boat rental, etc.

I can honestly say that after staying at a Deluxe resort for the first time (Poly) I never want to stay anywhere else! We were such moderate people for so long, convincing ourselves that there isn't much difference.... WRONG! We both loved being on the monorail line and laying in the pool at night watching fireworks. It was a wonderfully relaxing vacation!

We arrived on Saturday and stayed at the Sharaton Safari hotel because I got an amazing deal on hotwire.com. It was okay I guess... definitely not Disney but clean. We checked into the Poly on Sunday and ran straight over to the MK. Around 10pm we headed off to Downtown Disney to grab drinks with friends of mine that I haven't seen for 15 years! This is why I love Disney... what are the chances that we would be there at the same time!? It was great. We ended up going to HS with them and their two kids all day Monday before our engagement photos which was fun because we've never done Disney with kids!

Tuesday we had our PS! We were the first appointment inside Francks since the rennovation. It looks really different than it used to but wasn't completely furnished nor were all the displays out. It is much more chic and elegant but I wish they would have had the displays out because I love looking at all the cool things! Good thing we were able to see everything at our site visit, so I wasn't disappointed!

I was so nervous as the very first thing we went over was when all the money is due! It make my stomach turn. I mean I know we agreed to it, have it set aside, etc. it just always make me squirm to see it with a date that seems SO CLOSE now! But the sooner the payment is due, the closer we are to the wedding so woo hoo!!! Diane was great, full of information and straight to the point. She really worked with us to stay in our budget and figure things out logistically. Then it was time for cake testing.... DF immediately ruled out pretty much everything except buttercream and marble cake. After convincing him he needed to at least TRY the other flavors , we ended up doing a 3-tier mad hatter with the first AND third (take-home) tier being almond cake with baileys filling and the second tier being marble cake with white chocolate filling!

We had some time to kill before our floral appointment and then taste testing so we walked around the WP and took pictures and video and chatted with Diane about Pittsburgh, since that is where she is from too!

Up next Floral appointment/ideas and our tasting!!

[

Our PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2468210
wintermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #21
wintermouse
Earning My Ears

After our PS we did our floral with Laura. I was nervous for this part because I had a specific vision in mind and a very tight budget. Well as soon as Laura and I started talking about what I was thinking she got my vision and had the same ideas even before I showed her pictures. Sorry about the large pictures I am still figuring photobucket out!

This is the bouquet idea. We are taking out the orchids because Laura said they would be really expensive and instead doing a mix of white roses, hydrangias and white tulips with the feathers. It will be wrapped in lace from my mom's wedding gown and have a few crystal mickeys. In the middle of the wrapped stem will be a blue starfish to represent my something blue.

For the centerpieces, I wanted the eiffle tower vases with feathers coming out. Laura said that the eiffle tower vase is hard to balance and would be easily knocked over so we went with a bigger vase, filled with pink gel and white LED lights. Around the base will be votive candle holders with the gel and LED lights. Here's the too-skinny vases but the look will be the same!

We are having a small alter arrangement with the same flowers as my bouquet with a few feathers. The groomsmen are wearing pink rose bouts and the bridesmaids are carrying small bouquets with pink roses and hydrangias. Kevin's bout will be a white rose with (hopefully) a little feather. He's still putting up a fuss about the feather! We're doing a winebox love letter ceremony instead of unity candle/sand. Only instead of opening it every 5 years which is tradition, we're going to write a new letter to each other each year and on our anniversary we will drink the wine, read our letters and replace them with the new ones then lock the box until the next year!

We are also doing white chair covers with pink sashes and pink napkins with black bows. We are using the standard white linens for the tables. I was really excited when we went over the lighting package because we are putting a light pink coach on the dance floor in addition to the castle/fireworks behind us and it wasn't any extra! Woo hoo!!!!!

[

Our PJ
Old 07-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #22
pixie921
DIS Veteran

Wow! Everything sounds like it's going to be gorgeous. I especially love the idea of the lace from your mom's gown for your bouquet.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #23
DisneyDiva84
Mouseketeer

OH my gosh everything looks amazing!

Can't wait to hear more and so glad that you had a great time, we loved our PS!

'>
Check out my DFTW PJ 10.10.10 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2375355

Recent trips:
Walt Disney World - So many wonderful times to count but the most recent was September 2014
Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea - 2011

DisneyDiva84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #24
wintermouse
Earning My Ears

We're Back and Married!!!!

Well, since I completely sucked at our planning journal, I figured I would do a TR. Even if no one is reading, it is nice to have somewhere to write everything down!!

DAY 1

The day started off just plain bad. I was running waaayyy late for work because like an idiot I thought I could work half a day and drive straight to the airport like the jetsetter I try to be and be completely calm and ready to go. Fail. Epic Fail. I ended up calling my boss and telling her I wasn't coming in, to which she laughed and said "I figured!" Thank goodness she is relaxed and I got everything I needed to done the day before... just in case!

DH had to drive the dog to the dog sitters, which is over an hour away and he got a late start so I knew he would only make it back moments before we had to leave for the airport! Yikes! Luckily I was able to get everything packed and in the car and ready for his return. I was even able to throw in a little cleaning because I hate coming home to a dirty house!!

All day long we kept getting texts and pictures from friends already in Disney and at the parks wondering where we were! I was soooo ready to be down there but sadly we weren't leaving Pittsburgh until 7 p.m!

Finally it was time to go and we met up with three friends at the airport for drinks before our flight. Bumpy flight down (I'm not a good flyer... at all!) but we made it! We grabbed our rental car and stuffed... I'm not even lying... stuffed ourselves in. We crammed 5 adults and 9 suitcases in a Kia Optima! It wasn't pleasant but we made it to Animal Kingdom Lodge safe and sound!

We waited in line forever and watched all of our friends get upgraded to Savannah View rooms and then it was our turn and.... NOTHING! Not even a Congratulations. Despite my shameless attempt at telling everyone we were here for our wedding, the CM was in a bad mood and just sent us on our way. Our room was still really nice and after we grabbed a drink... or 3... at the bar, we headed off to stuff welcome bags!

Praise DH for delivering all of those welcome bags to 4 different hotels at midnight! He is amazing!

Up next... Day 2 and rehersal!!!

[

Our PJ
Old 01-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #25
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

Happy belated wedding! Can't wait to read more about your trip! Day 1 was already very memorable, huh?
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:21 PM   #26
princesswendy720
DIS Veteran

I'm reading along! I'm excited to see how all of your plans turned out.

Did you end up using the feather centerpieces? I'm interested in doing something similar although not sure it will be in the budget.

Upcoming Trips: WDW October 2011, May 2012 and November 2012 ; Disneyland May 2013
PJ Blog Etsy shop
princesswendy720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #27
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! I can't wait to read more

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #28
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on being married! I am glad to hear that you had a good trip, and I will definitely stick around to read more about your day!

p.s. - my honeymoon was my first trip staying in a deluxe as an adult, and have decided that I now cannot stay anywhere else because they are so wonderful! So I know exactly what you mean lol

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:05 AM   #29
puente0629
DIS Veteran

Happy Belated Wedding Day and Congrats on your magical day!!! Can't wait to see pics!
Old 01-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #30
neener3
Mouseketeer

Reading!

Can't wait to see pictures
neener3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: