Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
Shih-Tzu
Mouseketeer

Location: Lincoln, New Brunswick - 1752.41 miles NE of the CBR; 1751.27 miles NE of POFQ; 1760 miles NE of OKW; 3415 miles NE of DLR Anahiem

Ohhhh, I love this thread....lots of useful information.....the idea with the lids!!! I'm a little old for the character autographs, but I remember taking a great big thick pen when the boys were small so they could write with those great big paws....(but I'm still not too old to always end up with ice cream and popsicle drips)

I haven't seen the "hydration" Crystal Lite yet, but that sounds even better...of course we're always later getting the nifty stuff in Canada (like the Purex 3'n'1 sheets) but hopefully I'll be over to Houlton a few times before my trip so I'll check for those - if not, I'll try to remember to pick some up in Bangor the day before I fly out....

All the ideas are great so far..
Feb 2012 - OKW
Nov 2013 - Good Neighbour in Anaheim

Shih-Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #17
DisneySJB
Mouseketeer

I also pack ziploc bags!!

Also, one of the best tips I've ever received on these boards is regarding water. Either bring or have a case of bottled water shipped to your room. Bring frozen bottle of water with you to the parks. Right about the time they are thawing, you will need a drink and won't have to pay park prices for a bottled water. I love it that Disney lets you bring in food and drinks.
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #18
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran

LOVE the tip about the plastic drink lids. Pure genious!

We bring our pop up hamper. Keeps the room neater and easier for doing laundry.
I also soak cut up spnges in dish soap and let them dry so we can wash out our mugs at night.
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #19
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

plastic drink lids for ice cream pops and other goodies

If we all start to do the plastic drink lids for the ice cream pops :Mickeybar
then I bet others will start to use them too.

Maybe WDW will get the hint and have plastic lid type sliders for the ice cream sticks with Disney characters on them. They could even charge an extra 25 cents for each plastic lid type slider. I bet guests would buy them, children of all ages will keep and collect them, guests & the pathways will stay cleaner and WDW could make some profit.

We buy popcorn in the buckets and not the boxes, so we can keep the bucket as a sovenier.
So why not also keep Disney themed plastic slider pop holders ?
Old 05-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #20
TammiDZ
Mouseketeer

wow....these are great! I've never heard of 1/2 of them. I'm definitely going to bring a power strip this year and the take-out cup lids for dripping ice cream.....BRILLIANT!

I know it's silly and not as clever as all the other posts, but I NEVER go to Disney without a waterbottle-fan.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #21
Bembol_Rocco
It may look like I'm not doing anything, but at the cellular lever, I'm really quite busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneySJB View Post
I also pack ziploc bags!!

I love it that Disney lets you bring in food and drinks.
Sweet. What a lifesaver.
Bembol_Rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #22
jacksmomma
WWMD?~ What Would Mickey Do?

I am a bit germaphobic so in addition to some things already mentioned I bring...

A small can of lysol, great to germ killing on room surfaces, public tables, or public bathrooms.

Lysol wipes, I know they are horrible for the environment but I have to clean the TV remote, phone, etc in the room. Not to mention the pack n play we got on our last trip was covered with dried peanut butter left over from its last user! I cleaned that thing from top to bottom before putting DS in it!
6/04 Yacht Club
8/04 Disneyland
6/05 Disneyland
2/08 POFQ
6-7/08 ASSports
5/11 Pop
jacksmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #23
WINTER
DIS Veteran

taking my noodle in my checked bag! Last year at the Pop pool, there were noodles there that didn't seem to belong to 'anyone', just there for whoever wanted to use them. Maybe they got left I would probalby leave mine for the general use!
15 trips stayed off site; '87 Viscount (DTD); '89 Howard Johnson (DTD); '95 Travelodge (DTD); '96 CBR; '05, '06, '09, '10 Pop Century; '07 Royal Plaza (DTD); 6/11 W/L; 5/12 POR; 7/12 BW Plus Park Place Inn at D'Land; 6/13 D'Land BW Plus Park Place Inn; 7/13 W/L; 10/13 Bonnet Creek; 7/14 CR TPV. ]

WINTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #24
JenniJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shih-Tzu View Post
I thought I'd have some fun this year and mail all my Christmas cards from Disney...
LOVE the idea of mailing all the x-mas cards from Disney! And we are traveling there end of November begining of December! Thanks!
JenniJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:27 PM   #25
musclemouse
DIS Veteran

These are all awesome ideas!

Mine is a collapsable cloth box from the dollar store. I put it on the table closest to the door for any little items that don't have their own place. I toss the door keys, change, etc... I also use them by the sink and beds.

musclemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:34 PM   #26
delaneyc52
First trip 1971...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTER View Post
taking my noodle in my checked bag! Last year at the Pop pool, there were noodles there that didn't seem to belong to 'anyone', just there for whoever wanted to use them. Maybe they got left I would probalby leave mine for the general use!
This makes me smile At BWV, they actually seemed to have a noodle graveyard for those of us who choose to leave our beloved noodles behind. I thought it was a great idea! Grab and go noodles!!!

Contemporary; Caribbean Beach; Coronado Springs: Polynesian; Wilderness Lodge; Animal Kingdom Jambo; Animal Kingdom Kidani; Boardwalk; Beach Club; Port Orleans; Saratoga Springs; Old Key West; Grand Floridian; Bay Lake Towers; Vero Beach; Hilton Head
delaneyc52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:12 PM   #27
bearlyanne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
I take a stack of lids from take-out drinks. If you turn it upside down and insert a popsicle or mickey bar through the straw x-cut, then the lid will catch any drips!
I think I you...what a great idea
Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #28
verygfy
DIS Veteran

I bring a small fleece blanket, it is not very big and folds up in the backpack pretty easily which we use for the parades to absorb some of the heat from the sidewalks..
verygfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #29
LovesTimone
DIS Veteran

I bring a collapsible cooler which we take to the pool. In the cooler I fill from our in room cooler, soft drinks, water and adult beverages. I bought a plastic bottle with one of those freezer things to hold wine. Super money saver. NO glass at the pool please.
Gatoraid has the packet's that you pour into water, great on a hot day.
I bring my own pillows, must have!!!
Its a good thing that we drive.
LovesTimone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #30
saree
Earning My Ears

oil absorbing sheets

this one would probably be for adults!

i bring those oil absorbing sheets that clean and clear or neutragena(sp?) put out. they have like 50 in a little box (so its really easy to just pop into a bag!) but they are great for just wiping off the oil from your face so you don't look all greasy and sweaty in your pics. they dont smudge makeup and from my experience they dont interfere with sunscreen. the sunscreen thing being mainly why i use them -- i hate having my face feel all greasy nasty after i apply faceblock!
saree is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: