Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #61
Craftsman Revival
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post

Much better! That's the first time I've seen the new spreads at ASM. Sooooo much better.
Craftsman Revival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #62
peterpanlover96
Mouseketeer

Talking eh,

The Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. On Disney property but its not Disney owned. Not the worst, but could be better if it costs $300 a night

Ateast it matches the room

It all started with a mouse...
peterpanlover96 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #63
thosecrazystephens
Earning My Ears

now let's talk about those headboards lol those headboards at the value resorts kill me... you can take away the bedspread and use a blanket, but you can't get rid of the head board or those lovely borders lol or that one blue wall, blech!

Spreadsheets, Insomnia, and Hallucinations, OH MY!!!
Our Big Family Reunion PTR
thosecrazystephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #64
Must C Mickey
Mouseketeer

It may go well w/ the theme, but I'm not too fond of the CBR Pirate Room comforters either. Jewels & gold coins, no thanks!

1/1995 Offsite, 1/2008 Pop Century, 3/2009 Pop Century, 1/2010 CBR, 1/2011 AS Sports, 2/2012 AS Sports, AofA 12/2013-1/2014.

Around 'The World' in 7 Days - A 2 Family Vaca! (A Jan 2010 TR)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437043
Must C Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #65
I_Heart_Disney_4_Lyf
Mouseketeer

LOL I had to post b/c I love the name of this thread!

I agree most of the all of the bed spreads onsite are ugly, but the ugliest by far imo is AKL! I understand they wanted to stick with the theming but they're just too stereotyped and out there for me!

2nD DiSnEy TrIp: SePt 2007 ASMoViEs FrEe DiNiNg

3rD DiSnEy TrIp: NoVe 2009 PoP CeNtUrY/AKL KiDaNi ViLlAgE sUrPrIsE uPgRaDe!

4tH DiSnEy TrIp: ? Possibly Nove 2013. Woohoo?

My Mom was selected as Veteran of the Day at the Magic Kingdom on Nov. 13, 2009 thanks to info I got from people on the DIS! Thank you for making my dream for her come true!
I_Heart_Disney_4_Lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #66
Shleedogg
DIS Veteran

OMG, I'm not the only one!!!!!

One of the reasons we bought into the BLT DVC instead of AKV? The bedding. . I cannot stand ugly bedspreads, and the typical bedspreads in general. They just always seem so gross. They're not warm and they're scratchy and cheap feeling.

We're staying at BLT in Sept and adding on a few extra days on cash at another resort. I told DH the only mod I'd stay at would be CSR because of their updated bedding. I felt like a loon saying that, but now I don't feel so alone in the world

I love AKV, but their bedspreads are the gross kind and they're also UGLY!

Shleedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #67
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shleedogg View Post

One of the reasons we bought into the BLT DVC instead of AKV? The bedding. . I cannot stand ugly bedspreads, and the typical bedspreads in general. They just always seem so gross. They're not warm and they're scratchy and cheap feeling.

We're staying at BLT in Sept and adding on a few extra days on cash at another resort. I told DH the only mod I'd stay at would be CSR because of their updated bedding. I felt like a loon saying that, but now I don't feel so alone in the world

I love AKV, but their bedspreads are the gross kind and they're also UGLY!
I'd never stop myself from owning/booking at a fantastic resort simply due to the bedspread. I really hope you purchased BLT because you really love the resort and not because of the bedding.

When we stay at any hotel, Disney or not the bedspreads are folded up and placed in the closet out of sight within minutes of us entering the room, and a call placed to housekeeping for extra blankets/pillows is placed. They don't come back out until housekeeping digs them out after we've left. There are plenty of other discussions here covering the reason for this... health wise it's the best move.

They're ugly, but we don't have to look at them.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #68
Shleedogg
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
I'd never stop myself from owning/booking at a fantastic resort simply due to the bedspread. I really hope you purchased BLT because you really love the resort and not because of the bedding.

When we stay at any hotel, Disney or not the bedspreads are folded up and placed in the closet out of sight within minutes of us entering the room, and a call placed to housekeeping for extra blankets/pillows is placed. They don't come back out until housekeeping digs them out after we've left. There are plenty of other discussions here covering the reason for this... health wise it's the best move.

It is not the only reason, but it factored into my decision. I love the feel of the rooms at BLT, which includes the bedding. It feels much more posh and comfortable with duvets. Of course the big reason was the monorail and proximity to MK and Epcot, not to mention the awesome perk (at the moment) of the Top of the World Lounge.

I won't say I didn't like AKV, I did. We've stayed there twice (have yet to stay at BLT). Obviously the bedding isn't a be all, end all decision. But it really does have an impact on being comfortable at the resort. I didn't think as DVC members we were able to request more items (pillows, blankets) w/out being charged extra. Thanks for the tip!

Shleedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #69
AndreaDM
Yeah...we mainly colored that day

Those Pirate bedspreads may be ugly, but I admit it, I'd LOVE to have one of those pirate beds at home! Of course, then I'd want Johnny Depp to go with it...

Quote:
You too can be the proud owner of one of Disney's UGLY bedspreads of the past.

http://www.ownthemagic.com/shop/cata...se?shop_param=
Score! The old CBR bedspreads are on clearance for the low, low price of $9.99! I can't believe they haven't all been snatched up already!
AndreaDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:45 AM   #70
kaligal
DIS Veteran

I like almost all of the bedspreads in this thread.

I miss the old decor at CSR and have quit staying there because I don't much care for the new. HATE THE NEMO ROOMS...just waaay too cartoony for me...and have given up on CBR, too. I miss both resorts.

The Contemporary rooms are certainly nicer than the old melted-crayons look, but they bore me.

Keep 'em coming!!
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #71
kimmylaj
DIS Veteran

i have to tell you all this thread is cracking me up. my first trip to disney was in 1988 and i was 12 and with my family. my mom picked an off property hotel called the regency inn. it was very reasonably priced and we had saved a long time to go to disney and we were so excited. we opened the door to our motel room and my mother yelled "oh my God the bedspreads are so ugly I cant stay here". i am pretty sure they were brown and maybe green. she convinced my dad to drive around to neighboring hotels and she convinced housekeeping to let her see the rooms they were cleaning. she decided that every hotel in florida had hideous bedspreads and we should just stay with our $29 a night regency inn. i will have to ask her if she has a picture. we tease her about ugly bedspreads to this day.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #72
Craftsman Revival
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Must C Mickey View Post
It may go well w/ the theme, but I'm not too fond of the CBR Pirate Room comforters either. Jewels & gold coins, no thanks!
Yep, they are pretty bad LOL Although I must admit, as a kid I would have been IN LOVE with these beds and spreads!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had childhood dreams about jumping off the boat during the Pirates ride, and swimming over to the Treasure Room full of jewelry and gold coins!

Perhaps I should qualify for that reason. If our son was age 7-12 and not 17, we would have been excited to stay in the Pirate or the Nemo rooms, because he would have loved it. (Same thing for staying in one of the Value Resorts - as a kid both I and he would have loved those designs.)

But we're not kids anymore and we still Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shleedogg View Post

Yes, Shleedogg, you will find us a loving, supportive group. LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post

Twinklebug this is an excellent idea and I honestly don't know why I've never thought of doing it. Probably because I worry about getting cold at night w/ the A/C on! Also, this may sound silly but I never realized you could ask the hotel for additional bedding without an extra $charge$.

We are staying at POR this winter and it may be my first time trying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDM View Post
Those Pirate bedspreads may be ugly, but I admit it, I'd LOVE to have one of those pirate beds at home! Of course, then I'd want Johnny Depp to go with it...
Totally. They look awesome! I remember thinking that when I saw them being sold a few years ago through Coscto.

But I did hear from another Dis poster that the Pirate beds are uncomfortable. (S/he got 'upgraded' to a Pirate room during a CBR stay and asked to be moved again.) Apparently the beds do not fit a 'deep' mattress, so the mattresses are thin, with a pad or pillow top to help alleviate the discomfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligal View Post
I like almost all of the bedspreads in this thread.

I miss the old decor at CSR and have quit staying there because I don't much care for the new. HATE THE NEMO ROOMS...just waaay too cartoony for me...and have given up on CBR, too. I miss both resorts.

The Contemporary rooms are certainly nicer than the old melted-crayons look, but they bore me.

Keep 'em coming!!
That's a great perspective. Don't be embarrassed for liking the spreads! LOL Everyone has a different style

Like I said above, if our son was younger, we would love the Nemo rooms b/c he would like them. But they are way too cartoony for me too.

I guess I would rather have a 'boring' room than a colorful one! I don't know why that is - maybe it is easier for me to fall asleep that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
i have to tell you all this thread is cracking me up. my first trip to disney was in 1988 and i was 12 and with my family. my mom picked an off property hotel called the regency inn. it was very reasonably priced and we had saved a long time to go to disney and we were so excited. we opened the door to our motel room and my mother yelled "oh my God the bedspreads are so ugly I cant stay here". i am pretty sure they were brown and maybe green. she convinced my dad to drive around to neighboring hotels and she convinced housekeeping to let her see the rooms they were cleaning. she decided that every hotel in florida had hideous bedspreads and we should just stay with our $29 a night regency inn. i will have to ask her if she has a picture. we tease her about ugly bedspreads to this day.
Haha! This cracked me up. I guess now I am the 'weird mom.' My husband and son don't tell me this too often but there are moments.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #73
Craftsman Revival
Mouseketeer

Now THIS is interesting

Wow, now this is interesting!

Since we've been talking about Disney playing "catch up" with the trend of updating hotel room bedding, I thought everybody'd find this interesting.

Quote:
Early check in: Tomorrow’s hotel room today
The guestroom of the future is not that far off

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37786931...ovitt_columns/

Your room, your way
A room that lets you manage everything from the lights to the TV to the drapes with a single remote is nice. One that “greets” you pre-loaded with your personal preferences is even better.

The SuiteSystems Guestroom Control from Control4 Corp. is designed to do just that, keeping your choices — stereo off at midnight, for example, or drapes open at 8 a.m. — on file for future visits. Check it out yourself at the Aria Resort and Mandarin Oriental at CityCenter in Las Vegas, the Montage Beverly Hills boutique hotel and the recently opened Trump SoHo New York, among others.

Best. Bed. Ever.
Finally, when it’s time to hit the sack, consider the HiCan High Fidelity Canopy, which is part sleeping unit, part entertainment center and all-around awesome. Shaped like a king-sized, open-sided cube, it features a state-of-the-art sound system, built-in PC/gaming console and projector that links to a 70-inch screen that slides down at the foot of the bed.
More interesting / cool stuff at the link!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #74
es45
DIS Veteran

Finally, a thread where I can admit my disdain for the garish polyester adorning my vacation bed. Thank you!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:24 PM   #75
Pirate Mamma
Earning My Ears

Unhappy

I was just looking at a youtube video of a renovated OKW room, and sadly, it looks like they did not get duvet's with covers. Sigh...

Oh well, the rooms still look better even with the ugly polyester bedspread. Couldn't find any pics of the new rooms yet, but when I do, I'll post pics of the new ugly bedspread!
Pirate Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedspreads, offsite, onsite, resorts, ugly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: