Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #61
tinkermell
Th boards are going nuts!
Beware of the stalkers

I love this thread.

One of my favorite things to do is look at all the plants and flowers at DL. I like to take pictures, so I can copy something when I get back home. Especially some of their pots. The ones over by the Thunder Ranch are really neat.

Have you ever noticed that near the HM, the plants are all done in dark colors? They're mostly dark green, dark blue, dark purple and some grasses are even black. But the over all effect is really beautiful.

I have often wished that DL offered a "horticulture" tour. I would be one of the first ones to sign up!!!

When I get the chance, I will try and post some my pics too. I'm not too savvy at doing this, and everytime, it takes me awhile to figure it out.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #62
jernysgirl
I would say head to DL first to get you "in the mood"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brancaneve View Post
Oh Jernysgirl! You really highlighted my favorite landscaping in the parks. I love the area in Frontierland, love Pixie Hollow and Rancho del Zocalo is my favorite. Thank you for reminding me why I love DLR so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LavenderPeach View Post
Great pics jernysgirl! Next time we go (which is hopefully next week!) I'm going to have to get a picture of our favorite flowers in the park which is a garden on the side of the path that goes to bug's land. It's how I wish our garden at home looked.
You're welcome!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #63
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

This thread is just wonderful. Our first trip to DL was back in May 08 and the jacarana (?sp) trees were just so beautiful! They were actually all over Southern Cal but loved that they were in the parks too! I think we enjoyed our trip so much because of the pretty flowers. We really stopped to pay attention to them all too! I have several pictures near tomorrowland of the fruits/veggies.

We have also gone in October and I didn't notice it being nearly as pretty, but still was breath taking!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
jessica52877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:00 PM   #64
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
I didn't like how the red was highlighted as well. There's a way to "specify the range of colors" -- as they say in the manual. For the above picture it included a range of similar colors, so it really picked up the red. For the next picture I had it limit the range of colors, as far "negative" as it would go. Not a HUGE difference.
Thanks for posting this - I did get my camera yesterday - there was a CDROM with it which was actually quite useful as I could look at the index, find the color accent feature then a link to the page number and managed to work it out. Except I couldnt understand why you would want to increase and decrease the amount of colors but now I do - thanks. I havent got the hang of color swap either at the moment but having a another go tonight.
Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW
pigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #65
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
I love this thread.

One of my favorite things to do is look at all the plants and flowers at DL. I like to take pictures, so I can copy something when I get back home. Especially some of their pots. The ones over by the Thunder Ranch are really neat.

Have you ever noticed that near the HM, the plants are all done in dark colors? They're mostly dark green, dark blue, dark purple and some grasses are even black. But the over all effect is really beautiful.

I have often wished that DL offered a "horticulture" tour. I would be one of the first ones to sign up!!!

When I get the chance, I will try and post some my pics too. I'm not too savvy at doing this, and everytime, it takes me awhile to figure it out.

Yes, I have noticed the chocolate colored plants at HM. Amazing!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #66
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Time to bring this thread back up! Here are a few from my October trip.

Just off Main Street:

By the character pumpkins in The Hub:

By Alice:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #67
pigby
This one might be a little more challenging

Nice to see this thread again - deejdigsdis - your first photo 'just off Main Street' is amazing
Sept 2013 Loews Hollywood/Candy Cane Inn DLR, June 2012 Portofino Bay/OKW, Aug 2011 OKW/HRH, April 2011, Candy Cane Inn DLR, California, March 2011 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Jul 2010 HoJo, Disneyland California, Dec 2009 Santa Fe DLRP, May 2009 ASMu/BCV,Aug 2008 CSR/RPR - WDW/Universal, Oct 2007 Santa Fe DLRP,Dec 2006 Sequoia Lodge DLRP, Aug 2006 RPR/Saratoga Springs- Universal/WDW, May 2006 Cheyenne DLRP,Oct 2005 ASMo - WDW,July 2005 POP/WL - WDW, Oct 04 RPR/Pop/POFQ July 03 ASMo - WDW, Oct 02 Newport Bay DLRP, Aug 01 ASMo-WDW Sep 00 ASMo- WDW, Jun 97 Newport Bay DLRP, Jul 90 offsite WDW
pigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:06 AM   #68
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigby View Post
Nice to see this thread again - deejdigsdis - your first photo 'just off Main Street' is amazing
Thank you. It had just stopped raining. I didn't think my little P&S would be able to pick that up. It was a nice surprise.

I LOVED these ones! They are by the Teacups. So soft!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #69
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Reviving this thread once again...

Near Rancho del Zocalo.

In New Orleans Square...by Rivers of America.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad exit.

Anyone else have some to share?

Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #70
kylie71
Can't wait for more!
I love mexican food, sooo Much!

kylie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #71
kylie71
Can't wait for more!

My favorite color's...
Old 04-12-2012, 12:01 PM   #72
kylie71
Can't wait for more!

Outside of the Winery, in DCA...
Old 04-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #73
kylie71
Can't wait for more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Thank you. It had just stopped raining. I didn't think my little P&S would be able to pick that up. It was a nice surprise.

I LOVED these ones! They are by the Teacups. So soft!

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for bumping up this thread!

~Lori
Old 04-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #74
BCholly
Mouseketeer

Thank-you for bumping this. I am in Canada and we are only now getting some blossoms... so seeing these pix makes me so impatient! I have always loved the landscaping, and now knowing I can have my questions answered at city hall makes it extra special.

I live for the bouganvilla in California and will choose restaurants just on the basis of having one draped all around it's windows .

I wonder what the Landscaping will be like in the height of summer... have never been there then..

BCholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #75
sweethannah
Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!

I was there in May and the landscaping is beautiful, I expect it in the Park tbh but was pleasantly surprised how nice the flowering trees and lilies were enroute to the park from our hotel. Every morning we enjoyed the walk that was scented by the blooming flowers along side the road.

May 14 - May 21 2014
Staying at the Howard Johnson
sweethannah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: