Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2010, 05:40 PM   #31
JiminyJane
Earning My Ears

I love this thread! Whenever I go to Disneyland I like to choose a theme to photograph. We usually go in December so have lots of holiday pics. We are going in mid-May so I was thinking of taking lots of flower photos. It is like the OP read my mind!
JiminyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #32
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
LOL! When I pulled out my manual today to see what the function was called I started reading about that nifty feature and then closed after a few seconds. It was just a little too technical for me to keep my interest. Way more confusing than when my husband said, "Push this button and then this button and you're good."
They look a little more like oranges in your photo. When we saw that tree in October, the fruit was not as fully developed yet, so that's why they looked too big to be lemons but too small to be oranges. They may have grown a bit by the time you saw the tree. And the lemon tree - I am trying to recall exactly where that was, but I think it was tucked away by a line somewhere.

I can't deal with that Canon manual. Actually, it came with 3 or 4 books - Im sure yours did too. It's too technical and too much to read for a P&S!!

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2010, 05:54 PM   #33
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminyJane View Post
I love this thread! Whenever I go to Disneyland I like to choose a theme to photograph. We usually go in December so have lots of holiday pics. We are going in mid-May so I was thinking of taking lots of flower photos. It is like the OP read my mind!
Did I hear something about holiday pictures? We have a whole "Disney at Christmas" planning super thread, chock full of info and tips and photos! We love photos!

When you have time, we would love for you to share some of your DLR holiday pictures in that thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2262171

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #34
SnowWhitesMommy
Earning My Ears

Those are all great photos! I've always loved looking at all the flowers and landscaping at DL. Here's a picture of something that caught my eye on a rosebush in the Esplanade!

SnowWhitesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #35
Kayla's Mom
You are not alone!! I have several Disney shirts
Dessert for hubby it is!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhitesMommy View Post
Those are all great photos! I've always loved looking at all the flowers and landscaping at DL. Here's a picture of something that caught my eye on a rosebush in the Esplanade!

How cool is that?!!! A Mickey rose!!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #36
DLovinFam
Mouseketeer

I found another one.

DLovinFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #37
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Really enjoying this thread.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #38
Somegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady's Mom View Post
I think the purple flowering trees are called jacaranda?? DH and I noticed them last July when we went to DLR for his birthday trip. They are soooo beautiful.

But, they don't grow where we live - guess we'll just have to enjoy them in CA.
Yes that is what they are called. They do really well in Southern California. We have them up here too but not as many. They are beautiful when in bloom.
Somegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:23 AM   #39
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Oh nice shots!!!! I love the flowers at DLR, i love looking at them.
We had foxglove in the front yard, away from the dogs, loved it but it didn't last.
I wish I had some photos on the laptop but I don't think I do....I'll check and if I do I will post.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #40
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

I thought these were so pretty.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #41
TechGuy
Earning My Ears

Aside from answering the thousands of questions the guests have about flowers in DL, the book serves as a guide if someone were to have a bad reaction to one of the plants.

DL has the best customer service and experience of any theme park I have ever been to. I will gladly pay extra for the level of service and sense of style that Walt instilled in this park.

Last edited by TechGuy; 05-27-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Grammar Correction
TechGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #42
AmyPond
DIS Veteran

I love all of the flowers at Disneyland. And I love that they switch them out often. I have some older pictures but they are just pictures from my point and shoot camera. Everyone elses photos make mine look really crappy.

My favorites are the mums they plant in the fall.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #43
Sherry E

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
I thought these were so pretty.

Oooooooohhhh! Purty!! Love those! Actually, any one of those flowers would be pretty on its own, but I love love love all the different colors thrown in together!!

Disney is so detailed, and they are very calculated with their horticulture! It goes beyond simply changing the colors of flowers for different seasons or holidays. In some areas, the flowers are all one type and all one color, because it may fit the area or theme of that area better. In some cases, they may want the main surroundings & facades to grab your attention, and the flowers are only a complement to them, so the flowers take a back seat. And in other spots, like this spot in DCA in your pics above, I almost get the feeling that they are taking an otherwise kind of bland, colorless patch of land in DCA and putting something really vibrant and alive in there - and the flowers almost become the main player, as they bring that whole area to life and really draw your attention to them!

I guess it makes perfect sense - World of Color is going to be the new dominating force in DCA for a little while, so what else could they possibly put in there but an array of gorgeous, colorful flowers to bring the idea of color to that spot? See? They are very calculated and well-thought out!!

Old 05-27-2010, 11:18 PM   #44
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyPond View Post
I love all of the flowers at Disneyland. And I love that they switch them out often. I have some older pictures but they are just pictures from my point and shoot camera. Everyone elses photos make mine look really crappy.

My favorites are the mums they plant in the fall.
Go ahead and post them! I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see them. I use a point and shoot camera as well.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #45
Brancaneve
DIS Veteran

You don't know how much I LOVE this thread..... The horticulture is one of the main reasons why I love going.

Since, I will be there next Friday, June 4th, I must contribute to this fabulous thread with a picture or two of something that catches my eye. I pledge to be on the lookout! Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: