Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2010, 08:17 AM   #31
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the info on CA. I'm in the US...we'll have to see if they are any different...
Old 04-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #32
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Can't wait to read more.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #33
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

Wedding Merchandise!

deleted

Last edited by Boardwalk_bride; 06-03-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Boardwalk_bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #34
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #35
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

I love the personalized Cinderella frame! Where did you get that? I also really like the Mickey ear frames, I saw a lot of the new wedding stuff when we were there in March but they didn't have those frames.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:59 AM   #36
Boardwalk_bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
I love the personalized Cinderella frame! Where did you get that? I also really like the Mickey ear frames, I saw a lot of the new wedding stuff when we were there in March but they didn't have those frames.
Thanks, I love it so much It is nice to have something other than mickey and minnie! I just found the receipt, and it says "Crystal Arts" and we got it in MK. The personalization was free, and the frame was $50 for an 8 x 10. There were a few other ones as well, but I think they were all Mickey and Minnie. There are smaller sizes as well!
Old 04-25-2010, 11:17 AM   #37
Bridie1996
Mouseketeer

YAY!

Glad to hear you're back and had a great time. And that you enjoyed working with Regina. I can't wait to see your pictures.

I love the personalized Cinderella frame, they had most of that other merchandise in January, but not the frame. Something to put on my list for our next trip! DMIL got us those Mr & Mrs. pins as a present while we were there and we're planning on wearing them during our at-home reception next month.

Oh- and the Attic IS a long walk. Randy however knew of a backway up there that let you out right across the hall from it otherwise I would have thought to warn you about it. Sorry... Strange though that your planner didn't warn you about it. The first words out of Katherine's mouth when I asked her about the attic were "you know it's a long walk there, right?"

Again, glad things went well for you, and can't wait to see the pictures. I'm excited to see how the Canada pavillion turned out!

Escape Planning Journal

]
Bridie1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #38
April Elizabeth
Mouseketeer

I just got engaged Easter weekend and have been following your super short PJ. I started reading your TR this morning and found it very helpful. I'm a little nervous about starting a PJ and want to read a lot more before I start mine.

I have to say I am a JIKO lover too! If I were made of money, I think I could eat there everyday and I love their African red wines and the bar atmosphere. I know what you mean about Morocco. I've never watch the fireworks from that location but it seems like the wall there is higher and not as open as some of the other locations, but the good thing about Illuminations is that it's everywhere and easy to see.
I'm sure your photographer got some great pictures for you.

I'm anxious to see your ceremony pictures and even a few more of your TTD pictures. I've been looking into photography and I'm thinking of putting down a deposit with David and Vicki for my wedding and I know I eventually want to do TTD. Love your new avitar.

I also love the wedding pins you posted. I've never seen those, but they are so cute. Where did you find them? Thank you for your wealth of information.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #39
Boardwalk_bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Elizabeth View Post
I just got engaged Easter weekend and have been following your super short PJ. I started reading your TR this morning and found it very helpful. I'm a little nervous about starting a PJ and want to read a lot more before I start mine.

I have to say I am a JIKO lover too! If I were made of money, I think I could eat there everyday and I love their African red wines and the bar atmosphere. I know what you mean about Morocco. I've never watch the fireworks from that location but it seems like the wall there is higher and not as open as some of the other locations, but the good thing about Illuminations is that it's everywhere and easy to see.
I'm sure your photographer got some great pictures for you.

I'm anxious to see your ceremony pictures and even a few more of your TTD pictures. I've been looking into photography and I'm thinking of putting down a deposit with David and Vicki for my wedding and I know I eventually want to do TTD. Love your new avitar.

I also love the wedding pins you posted. I've never seen those, but they are so cute. Where did you find them? Thank you for your wealth of information.
Congrats on your engagement! I am so jealous! I wish I could go back and start planning this all over again. I would do everything pretty much the same, I just am going to miss planning so much!

Jiko is so good, it makes me so sad that it isn't somewhere I can eat whenever I am in the mood to go out. I am a huge foodie and wino, so it was so awesome to be there! DF and I just sat at the bar one night, ordering appetizers and African wine and beer!

David and Vicki are so amazing. I wouldn't even consider someone now that I had them! We are definitely going to book them next time we go to take some anniversary or vacation pics! They are just the nicest people, and are really creative. Also, we were tired, hung over, exhausted, and looked like crap in person, and somehow, the photos turned out amazing!

We actually didn't even think to get pins, but we started watching people "trade pins" while waiting for the bus, and thought it could be a cute souvenir. We looked at all the pin trading stations and gift shops in MK and Epcot, and only really found two different ones, that were okay, but we didn't like them enough to spend the $10 or whatever it was. On our last night, we went to Kona, and we were way to early to check in, so we looked around the gift shop across from in in the Poly and noticed there were a ton of pin racks in front of it (in the photopass area). DH found them there, and we were so happy! I didn't see them anywhere else but there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridie1996 View Post
YAY!

Glad to hear you're back and had a great time. And that you enjoyed working with Regina. I can't wait to see your pictures.

I love the personalized Cinderella frame, they had most of that other merchandise in January, but not the frame. Something to put on my list for our next trip! DMIL got us those Mr & Mrs. pins as a present while we were there and we're planning on wearing them during our at-home reception next month.

Oh- and the Attic IS a long walk. Randy however knew of a backway up there that let you out right across the hall from it otherwise I would have thought to warn you about it. Sorry... Strange though that your planner didn't warn you about it. The first words out of Katherine's mouth when I asked her about the attic were "you know it's a long walk there, right?"

Again, glad things went well for you, and can't wait to see the pictures. I'm excited to see how the Canada pavillion turned out!
Hi! Yes, I am so happy with Regina, and I definitely requested her because of you and Lori.

I had Kathleen as well, and she didn't really mention it. I think because I knew sooooo much about everything that was out there, she assumed I knew where it all was, when in reality, I had only been to Disney twice before the wedding, and once I was so young I can barely remember. It worked out in the end though, but just a tip for future brides to be sure to ask!

I can't wait to see the pictures either!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #40
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridie1996 View Post
YAY!

How long a walk is 'long'?
Was Randy's route quicker at all?
Randy is our photographer so I guess he can be our guide on the way there!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #41
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Wow, everything sounds so great!! I can't wait to see photos!
Old 04-25-2010, 05:13 PM   #42
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love your Disney wedding merchandise, it is all so cute! I am not a pin trader either, but I could see myself buying those pins because they are so cute!

Can't wait to keep reading!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #43
Bridie1996
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
How long a walk is 'long'?
Was Randy's route quicker at all?
Randy is our photographer so I guess he can be our guide on the way there!!!
Sorry to hijack the thread! Iwas going to PM Tinkerbell but thought I'd answer here in case other brides want to read this.

To get to the attic, you enter the bordwalk hotel through the main building and go up to the 5th floor I think ( can' remember exactly) and then walk through the hallways all the way to the end of the of the boardwalk building. I wish I had a good picture to show you! Here is a link to a map though. The main building is #8 and The Attic is above Jelly Rolls, which is #16.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/BoardWalkMap.pdf

I'd say it is about a five minute walk from the check-in area? Not really a big deal if you're expecting it but just make sure you're wearing comfortable shoes.

Randy's way was shorter for us because we had gone around the lake the other way- towards thebeachclub villas and the lighthouse which is opposite SBP. If we had gone the way everyone else did we would have to walk to the main entrance, go into the hotel and then backtrack again.

So yes, it was considerably shorter for us!

Escape Planning Journal

]
Bridie1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #44
ZipADeeEm
Mouseketeer

TR: our Zip-A-Dee-Doh-Dah Wedding Day
Welcome Events: Ohana/Grand 1
Wedding Events: WP/Narcoossee's
March 8, 2010
ZipADeeEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 AM   #45
kcampbell
Disney Girl

Sorry to Karen and Bridget...I'm gonna hijack and correct Bridget- The Attic is on the 3rd floor of the Villas.

Did they not put a sign out with your names & directions to the Attic at the entrance of the lobby? It points you to the Villa elevators and tells you where to go. Then there should've been more signage on the third floor pointing guests in the right direction. Weird.... We even took our sign from the 3rd floor after the rehearsal and it's in my scrapbook!

Karen....I'm glad Bell services/luggage transport worked out well for you. Hopefully our experience was an "exception" and not the rule.

I love the M&M picture frame! We didn't see that, but if we head to the world this weekend (we're still debating) I might just have to pick one up.

Can't wait to read more!

KEC ~ Disney's BoardWalk~ 12/6/08
Welcome Cocktail Party: Martha's Vineyard Lounge
Rehearsal: The Attic
Ceremony:Sea Breeze Point
Reception: St. James Room and Promenade Ballroom
Farewell Brunch: Whitehall Room and Patio
Follow me on twitter! kcampbell722
kcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: