Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #16
Pooh's Corner
Mouseketeer

So excited you are home to hear all about it!!
Pooh's Corner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #17
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

Reviews

Last edited by Boardwalk_bride; 06-03-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Boardwalk_bride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #18
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

yeah you started!
Old 04-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #19
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Great start - very well said so far! We just changed our last 5 days to be in a Savannah view studio at AKV - I'm so happy I made the change!! Now I have to check out the safari! Sounds so great...
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:02 PM   #20
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

yay! I'm glad you started!

I am soooo glad you said you liked the garden view! I JUST managed to score a adr for me and DF! and I'm very excited!

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #21
pezaddict231
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so excited for your wedding TR! Congrats on the wedding and everything sounds amazing so far. I love AKV, it's one of my favorite resorts and a SV is amazing. I'm sorry you were disappointed in BCV.

Can't wait to hear more and see the pics!
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #22
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

I'm glad I booked someone other than Carolyn Allen's to steam my dress! Love the reviews! Very helpful!
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:49 PM   #23
puente0629
DIS Veteran

Hey, I'm glad everything well and can't wait to read more...

Where did you end up doing your trash the dress? Did you use your actual dress or got had a back up?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #24
Boardwalk_bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post
yeah you started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygirl902 View Post
Great start - very well said so far! We just changed our last 5 days to be in a Savannah view studio at AKV - I'm so happy I made the change!! Now I have to check out the safari! Sounds so great...
You will love it there! I could have stayed in the resort for 5 days without leaving before getting bored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippedtosea View Post
yay! I'm glad you started!

I am soooo glad you said you liked the garden view! I JUST managed to score a adr for me and DF! and I'm very excited!
It really is a neat experience! I had the "Grand Tea" and I really enjoyed everything except the shrimp salad sandwich, and the sparkling wine was excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezaddict231 View Post
Yay! I'm so excited for your wedding TR! Congrats on the wedding and everything sounds amazing so far. I love AKV, it's one of my favorite resorts and a SV is amazing. I'm sorry you were disappointed in BCV.

Can't wait to hear more and see the pics!
I think I just expected to much out of BCV. The ambiance really wasn't welcoming, IMHO, and it just really isn't our style. I think when comparing it to the other deluxe hotels, it is just kind of plain. I did love getting the "back entrance" into Epcot though. We left our hotel 10 minutes before the park opened, and we ended up at the front of the rope drop opposite the "normal" side, so I got a kiss from Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
I'm glad I booked someone other than Carolyn Allen's to steam my dress! Love the reviews! Very helpful!
I;m glad they are helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puente0629 View Post
Hey, I'm glad everything well and can't wait to read more...

Where did you end up doing your trash the dress? Did you use your actual dress or got had a back up?
We did TTD on the beach in front of Beach Club and in Stormalong Bay. I did use my actual ceremony dress! It was what I had wanted to use, but was having a hard time finding someone to clean it.

Last edited by Boardwalk_bride; 06-03-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Boardwalk_bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #25
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

YAY! I'm so glad you started! Your vendor reviews are very helpful... loving the 1-10/10 scale soooo much more useful than the A, A++, A+++++++ scale Will you expand a little more on your trouble with Carolyn Allen's- I had been planning on using them but haven't even contacted them yet so would like to know what I'm getting into!
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:03 AM   #26
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I am glad you had a wonderful wedding day!!!
I must admit that I am considering the Attic for my reception and have heard before that it is difficult to find (and a bit of a route march to get to!!!). Did you recieve no help from your planner with finding it? You mention that there were arkward moments where you were at a loss to know what to do at your reception. Had your planner disappeared by then? I will be one of these 'new' Escape brides who will have to reach a $7,500.00 minimum for a privately catered event and would hope that for my money I would get some help from my planner - even if it is just finding the reception venue!!!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:10 AM   #27
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Yes, please expand on the CA issue. I was planning on using them too...
Old 04-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #28
kcampbell
Disney Girl

Welcome Back and Congratulations!!!! I am so glad you had a great day and got Regina and Joe! I had Joe for my wedding day and Regina for the MK Shoot. (Isn't Regina such a doll!?!) Sorry to hear you had trouble with Carolyn Allen's. I think yours is the first negative review I've seen. I had a great experience with them and am sorry you didn't get the same.

Glad you liked AKV so much. (Did you end up taking a cab b/w resorts? How'd it work out?.... I remember a thread about it.) I kinda agree with you about the Beach Club. It's nice, but just . I think the biggest appeal is Stormalong Bay.

Anyway, Congrats again and I can't wait to read more and see pics!

KEC ~ Disney's BoardWalk~ 12/6/08
Welcome Cocktail Party: Martha's Vineyard Lounge
Rehearsal: The Attic
Ceremony:Sea Breeze Point
Reception: St. James Room and Promenade Ballroom
Farewell Brunch: Whitehall Room and Patio
Follow me on twitter! kcampbell722
kcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #29
Boardwalk_bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by polynesianbride View Post
YAY! I'm so glad you started! Your vendor reviews are very helpful... loving the 1-10/10 scale soooo much more useful than the A, A++, A+++++++ scale Will you expand a little more on your trouble with Carolyn Allen's- I had been planning on using them but haven't even contacted them yet so would like to know what I'm getting into!
Most of my trouble with CA with the fact that I am Canadian. They didn't want me shipping my dress from Canada, and I didn't really have much time to drive to the US (it is about a 2 hour drive, which turns into 4 round trip). I was also told that my dress could be cleaned after TTD, than when I called closer to the wedding to confirm, they told me it couldn't, since it wouldn't be ready while I was still @ Disney, and that they wouldn't ship it to Canada. I emailed them at least 3 times after that, and called and left 2 messages, and they didn't respond until a few weeks later. I know other people had good luck with them, so it could have just been the particular people I dealt with

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
I am glad you had a wonderful wedding day!!!
I must admit that I am considering the Attic for my reception and have heard before that it is difficult to find (and a bit of a route march to get to!!!). Did you recieve no help from your planner with finding it? You mention that there were arkward moments where you were at a loss to know what to do at your reception. Had your planner disappeared by then? I will be one of these 'new' Escape brides who will have to reach a $7,500.00 minimum for a privately catered event and would hope that for my money I would get some help from my planner - even if it is just finding the reception venue!!!!
I didn't even think about how we were getting to the Attic, until the coach dropped us off, and I had all my guests following me, and I realized nobody was outside to meet me. I was really embarrassed that I didn't know where to go. For some reason, this was never discussed ahead of time, so if you do decide to use the Attic, remember this info, and ask your planner to meet you in the BW lobby. Once we knew where to go, it wasn't that confusing, but it is a long walk.

My planner was in and out for the whole reception. It was just weird because we all got there, and we didn't really know what to do. DH and I started looking around the venue, since we had been looking @ pics online for so long. Then we all kind of grabbed a drink and I think Regina and Joe saw we were a bit uneasy, so they started having us pose for pics. Eventually, I saw my planner, and I asked her what to do. She asked us to get the toast started, and than we cut the cake (which I told her we would not be feeding each other, or having a first dance, and somehow that didn't get to the photographers, so I was a little upset that they were asking for all this stuff we weren't going to do).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petals & Pixie Dust View Post
Yes, please expand on the CA issue. I was planning on using them too...
I responded above!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #30
Boardwalk_bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcampbell View Post
Welcome Back and Congratulations!!!! I am so glad you had a great day and got Regina and Joe! I had Joe for my wedding day and Regina for the MK Shoot. (Isn't Regina such a doll!?!) Sorry to hear you had trouble with Carolyn Allen's. I think yours is the first negative review I've seen. I had a great experience with them and am sorry you didn't get the same.

Glad you liked AKV so much. (Did you end up taking a cab b/w resorts? How'd it work out?.... I remember a thread about it.) I kinda agree with you about the Beach Club. It's nice, but just . I think the biggest appeal is Stormalong Bay.

Anyway, Congrats again and I can't wait to read more and see pics!
Thanks I really liked both Regina and Joe! They were both really nice, and easy to work with.

Yes, I LOVED AKV, and I am dreaming about going back there! We ended up just sending our luggage over, and bringing a spare shirt with us to the park to change for dinner. We ended up getting tired at the park really quickly, so we went to see if we could check in early, and all our stuff was there, so it worked out well!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: