Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #31
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

The brunch sounds nice! I really love the invites. they are so pretty. I TOTALLY though about getting those shoes....I love payless shoes...and they are so comfy. so I think its a great choice. I like the idea of adding mickey to them. Your bouquet is very pretty and classic.

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #32
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Lots has been updated since I have last visited!!

1. Love the invitations! They are very pretty!
2. Your shoes are a great choice, they are cute, but will also be comfy!
3. Brunch is amazing
4. Your bouquet is going to be lovely, with a very elegant look

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #33
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Congrats on changing to Narcoossee's! We did, too, when we outgrew Whitehall Room. I had the same reaction as you to the ballrooms, since we had a 10:00am ceremony. Narcoossee's needed much less decoration and made for some great pics outside.

Love your inspiration bouquet, too!
tiggerrifficheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #34
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

You invitations are so pretty. I love the flip book idea.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #35
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

Just joining in!

Everything looks great! I love Narcoossee's so I think you made a great choice. With 15 people I think it'll be the perfect setting!

The invites are very pretty, too! And your floral inspiration pic looks awesome - I love Rosie! she's been so helpful for my Escape wedding I'm sure she'll make all the floral look awesome!
Old 05-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #36
PunttinOnes
Mouseketeer

s

Last edited by PunttinOnes; 11-26-2010 at 03:51 PM.
PunttinOnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:10 PM   #37
PunttinOnes
Mouseketeer

r

Last edited by PunttinOnes; 11-26-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:22 PM   #38
sambycat
DIS Veteran

oh noes!!!! sorry about your entry getting gobbled. i hate that! sorry for the family drama. i cant figure out why weddings are so extra weird for people. people who wouldn't go out of their way to like show up for dinner uninvited or bring a whole nother family with them to spend the week end or something suddenly bring pets, children, next door neighbors.... crazy!!

and given that i am moments away from going to eat everything in my kitchen, i feel your pain....

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #39
PunttinOnes
Mouseketeer

q

Last edited by PunttinOnes; 11-26-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #40
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

just catching up... we are using the Napa for our VR reception in July. My DH reaction was the same..... congrats and welcome looking forward to following along!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #41
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

the new venue sounds great! 1.5 hours is definitely not enough time for a reception (ours went nearly 5 hours!) so I think going with the Cali Grill is a wonderful choice.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #42
PunttinOnes
Mouseketeer

p

Last edited by PunttinOnes; 11-26-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #43
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunttinOnes View Post
Be forwarned: This is a mini rant to express my utter frustration with my floral partner.

I had my first floral consult on May 11th. I had read on the disboards that it usually takes 3-4 weeks to hear back, and my planner echoed this when we talked.
Now, after we talked, I had sent several emails with no reply. Disboarders suggested she didn't get my emails. So I called. No answer. But, she did coveniently email me back that day instead of calling back.
I had asked for an estimate of what the altar floral arrangement would be, and she said that we could have a phone consult on June 17th to go over centerpiece ideas and get the altar floral estimate. (The date of the email was June 8th).
So on Thursday (June 17th) we spoke on the phone. She stated the call by saying that her computer was rebooting so she'd give me the BEO in a few moments. So we talked, and she said she would email me centerpiece ideas and the BEO since we really had not much to say--I have no idea what we can do for centerpiece ideas and wanted to see some inspiration pictures. So we ended the call with her getting ready to email me when her computer booted up.

So, I never got an email.

On Friday I emailed her and her assistant stating that maybe the email got lost in cyberspace and could they email me again. No dice.

So then yesterday I emailed my floral partner and her assistant again. I let them know that if my BEO isn't ready that that is okay, but could they please send me some inspiration pictures for centerpiece ideas. Still no reply and it's Tuesday afternoon.

For me, I just feel disrespected. Let's say they aren't prepared: the least they could do would be to tell me. Why can't they email me back to tell me???
Im so sorry that this is happening to you. Well, if its any conselation, I had my PS 3 weeks ago and I have yet to recieve a BEO from either the planner or the floral department. I know that June is such a hectic month for them so Im trying to keep this in mind. BUT- yes, you do deserve to have responses to your emails. Have you said anthything to your planner? Maybe let your planner in on the situation and they can put some fire under the floral department's tails.

VACATIONS
* May 2008 - Off Property (1st visit) * October 2009 - Off Property (Engagement) * November 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside (Wedding) * September 2011 - Boardwalk Resort Inn
* May 2012 - Las Vegas (The Venetian) * October 2012 - Italy
* December 2012 - Dolphin * May 2013 - Vegas (The Venetian) * December 2013 - The Boardwalk Inn!
NYPrincess422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #44
PunttinOnes
Mouseketeer

o

Last edited by PunttinOnes; 11-26-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #45
NYPrincess422
Mouseketeer

Ok good, hopefully your planner can find out what the deal is and get a response for you! I know its frustrating when you dont get a response back from an email...in the begining with my planner I had this problem with the assistant. But, about 2 weeks before the PS, things got a lot better and I would get responses back in a decent amount of time. Hopefully you'll hear back something before the week ends.

As for me, Im trying to be patient on the BEO, but I'll probably cave if I dont hear anything by Friday . My planner had said it would be about 4-5 weeks before I get one before they are super busy and June through August is crazy busy for Disney. But, at the same time, my wedding is in November so I do need to have an idea of where we are at (budget wise). Let us know of any updates!

VACATIONS
* May 2008 - Off Property (1st visit) * October 2009 - Off Property (Engagement) * November 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside (Wedding) * September 2011 - Boardwalk Resort Inn
* May 2012 - Las Vegas (The Venetian) * October 2012 - Italy
* December 2012 - Dolphin * May 2013 - Vegas (The Venetian) * December 2013 - The Boardwalk Inn!
NYPrincess422 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: