Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #31
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

If you think you are glum today - just wait until your wedding ends. The depression is sooooooooo bad.

Anyhoo I used to use kerastase too! I can't get your links to work but I like gerbera daisies a lot more than calla lillies. Everyone uses calla lillies. If it were me I would want to be different - but you need to do what you want. Some of my biggest regrets from my wedding were doing what others wanted and thought was appropriate over doing what I wanted.

I never found shoes. I knew exactly what I wanted and searched for so long then I finally just gave up and decided I didn't care - and I really don't regret it. It would have been nice to have my dream shoes but oh well. I don't know about you but I can only take so many weeks of interenet searches before I go nuts. The one thing that I forgot about though is you can have any shoe died... So if you want a fun bright color just buy white ones and have them colored.

I picked two of our ceremony songs. Bill picked our other two ceremony songs. I didn't pick anything else. I feel like I should have and in hind sight I wish I had picked something for our cake cutting and given the band some guidance for the breakfast. If I had thought about it - I would have done it. Just think about what songs make you smile. What makes you happy?

p.s. I am glad you liked our chairs!! They are raspberry cushions with raspberry straight knot sashes to match our diva pink isle runner.
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #32
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

I will try again to post the flowers I am leaning towards. Just something about the color combination caught my eye.
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #33
amyy

Bride-to-be I love everything about your wedding (not just the chairs). I already told Marty as soon as the wedding is over I am planning a VR as I thought I might be depressed. Not sure for what year but I want a bigger event then our wedding. Something like dinner in The Great Movie Ride. In the meantime I will look into a cruise (as you read about in my credit card point thread).

Back from the gym and feeling a bit better. I have paperwork for work just hanging over my head like a black cloud. Instead of doing it I have been looking into Disney cruises. After the June trip we will have been to Florida 3x in 7 months (I guess 4 if you could the fact we are coming home for one night in June). I am thinking with the free annual passes we need to go back in Oct (MVMCP) or Dec (MVMCP) but Marty thought April (we have had bad luck the past few Feb). After that I have promised to go somewhere else since all we do is go to Disney/Florida. I am thinking a Disney cruise would satisfy us both. One problem is he will only cruise with a balcony so I am hoping to accumulate enough Disney points on my Visa to make up the difference from an inside room. He is a Carnival fan and they are lot less expensive which is not working in my favor.

Anyway, if I go with the above flowers I guess I would just go with pink and forget the teal. Maybe we could add a punch of the green here and there. Did I mention Marty does not like the green? Oh well.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:19 PM   #34
amyy

Now that I have figured out how to post pictures I guess I will add more. Excuse the weird facial expression. Some of you have seen the original with my weird expression so I decided to alter it a bit.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #35
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Lovely dress! It fits you perfectly! And I agree that the flower combination that you posted is beautiful! It is too bad that he doesn't like the green. Could you maybe put in less green and add in a different shade of pink? That way the green wouldn't be as powerful, but it would still be in there - because you like it, and that is what is important!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #36
amyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Lovely dress! It fits you perfectly! And I agree that the flower combination that you posted is beautiful! It is too bad that he doesn't like the green. Could you maybe put in less green and add in a different shade of pink? That way the green wouldn't be as powerful, but it would still be in there - because you like it, and that is what is important!
Thank you so much for the compliment on my dress. I think it does work with my figure. I am not sure if you read the thread (not in TR) where 2 of my co-workers told me I looked "large" and "big & beautiful" within the span of maybe an hour or two one day. I cried and cried. Who tells a bride she looks fat? The picture was tiny, maybe they didn't know it was me at first etc but still. I haven't been discussing wedding plans with those 2 since. For a bit I almost thought of buying a new dress but I love this one (and I am a twin with EmilyMad). Thanks again.

I could take out the solid green flowers but leave in the green orchids??? At least I only have a few more weeks and then there is no choice since it is my wedding.

BREAKING NEWS-Marty just called and won $1,300 in the Megabucks. Granted they take out money for taxes but maybe I should put back in the MK photo shoot (if it is available). The first sign was the day after I cancelled and my mom increased her contribution and now this sign

edit 1 more # and we would have won 9 million $s. Just imagine....

Last edited by amyy; 05-02-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #37
emilymad
DIS Veteran

I love the bouquet pic! The orchids and gerbera daisy's look great together! Maybe you could go with more of white orchid if you are trying to get rid of the green?

I gave up on the shoe search as well. I was just going to wear flip flops but then my mom found my some pretty flats so I am going with those. I am at the point that I don't care anymore!
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #38
amyy

emilymad-when are you leaving? Will you be posting updates from FL? I won't as we don't bring a computer (except for the one night we come home). Thanks for liking my flowers!

I saw these shoes in the Garnet Hill catalog and think I may order them. I do like the look and the crystal will go with the dress. I am ust not sure about the ankle strap. I would like to have some idea of a shoe so I can go for my final dress fitting.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #39
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I just read that other thread about your co-workers - how horrible! You do not say things like that to a person! And you seriously do not look fat/large/big at all! I would definitely keep the dress and not talk to those co-workers anymore. Are they married? Or anywhere near it? Perhaps they are just really jealous and have no productive way of expressing it.

I don't see why you couldn't take out parts that you don't want and just keep the green orchids. Flower options are so limitless.

Yay for winning some money! That is awesome that you can do the shoot if you want to and not have to worry about the money. Lucky lady!

I think that those shoes are a good choice as well. They seem to be practical (comfy) but also pretty.

Sending good vibes your way so that you can forget about those nasty comments!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #40
camnhan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyy View Post
Thank you so much for the compliment on my dress. I think it does work with my figure. I am not sure if you read the thread (not in TR) where 2 of my co-workers told me I looked "large" and "big & beautiful" within the span of maybe an hour or two one day. I cried and cried. Who tells a bride she looks fat? The picture was tiny, maybe they didn't know it was me at first etc but still. I haven't been discussing wedding plans with those 2 since. For a bit I almost thought of buying a new dress but I love this one (and I am a twin with EmilyMad). Thanks again.

I could take out the solid green flowers but leave in the green orchids??? At least I only have a few more weeks and then there is no choice since it is my wedding.

BREAKING NEWS-Marty just called and won $1,300 in the Megabucks. Granted they take out money for taxes but maybe I should put back in the MK photo shoot (if it is available). The first sign was the day after I cancelled and my mom increased her contribution and now this sign

edit 1 more # and we would have won 9 million $s. Just imagine....
I imagine us ALL being treated to a trip for your wedding go for the photo shoot!!!
camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #41
DisneyLeah
Feb 2011 Disney Bride!

Quote:

Now that I have figured out how to post pictures I guess I will add more. Excuse the weird facial expression. Some of you have seen the original with my weird expression so I decided to alter it a bit.
Hi! I just found your PJ and will be following along! Congrats on everything you've done already! The plans are sounding great!

Also, I just have to tell you that I have been looking EVERYWHERE for your dress! LOL I found the photo of it on the Maggie site months ago and have gone to several shops, but no one seems to carry it in my area!

Now that I have seen it on you, I want it even more!! I think it's so pretty! I'm going to keep calling every store in NJ until someone has one for me to try on!

thanks for sharing your PJ!
Best wishes on your planning!
Leah
DisneyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #42
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
emilymad-when are you leaving? Will you be posting updates from FL? I won't as we don't bring a computer (except for the one night we come home). Thanks for liking my flowers!

I saw these shoes in the Garnet Hill catalog and think I may order them. I do like the look and the crystal will go with the dress. I am ust not sure about the ankle strap. I would like to have some idea of a shoe so I can go for my final dress fitting.
We are leaving on Friday. I may try to post updates. I am bring my computer so I guess I will have to see if anyone sends me any pictures I can post!

I love the shoes. The crystals really match the dress. My shoes are more of ballet flats but they have big crystals like that on them.

DisneyLeah-I am not sure where in NJ you are but Harlesyville Bridal in Harlesyville, PA had the dress. I am not sure if they still do or if it is too far for you.
emilymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #43
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

I saw that dress when you initially posted it and loved it then - and somehow I love it even more now...it's so beautiful...I love how it fits you- it totally emphasizes all of your "good parts" (as I posted on the orignal thread - these coworkers of yours must be insane!). It is absolutely stunning - like it was made for you...

I also love the shoes....every time I see a pair of these awesome flat sandals I get scared of my wedding hoes....they are super high heels (although they are very comfortable)! I have been known to work on my feet for a 12 hour day in heels, somehow Disney is different....I will likely end up taking them off and going barefoot by the end of it all - lol.

Love your plans so far! Are you doing your caricature artist through Disney or outside? If you could PM me the details I am also looking to do this instead of avors and am trying to get as much info as I can!
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #44
DisneyLeah
Feb 2011 Disney Bride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymad View Post
DisneyLeah-I am not sure where in NJ you are but Harlesyville Bridal in Harlesyville, PA had the dress. I am not sure if they still do or if it is too far for you.
Awww - you are so sweet to tell me a local store that has the dress!! I'll have to check out how far that is! I have to go to PA for work occassionally, so maybe I can stop by there and check it out! Thank you so much!

And now back to your regularly scheduled PJ! Sorry for the brief tangent!
DisneyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #45
amyy

Disney9.9.10-thanks you so much for all your positive comments

camnhan-if only I could have said I am treating the first 10 people who respond to by PJ to come along for my wedding. Yesterday he won $100 on a scratch ticket. Granted I didn't ask how many he bought

DisneyLeah-thank you for the compliments on my dress. If you do buy one there is a Facebook group just for those of us with this dress. The girls are based out of England and there are about 10 of us. No problem whatsoever on the tangent!

Emilymad-glad you may be able to post updates. Did our dress triplet ever post pictures from her wedding?

daisygirl1902-if I could wear heels I would be. I really wanted shoes that I could dye a bright color. Your caricature artist sounds like a great deal and I wish I had planned ahead more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: