Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2010, 02:27 PM   #16
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

I just had my phone appointment with Rosie. Here is a site she had me look at for chair cover colors if anyone is interested.http://www.linenshowroom.com/index.c...=groups&cat=28

Marty loves orchids so I am thinking my flowers will be white orchids with pink centers and pink calla lilies and turquoise crystals. I am not sure if they will be large or small orchids. Rosie is suppose to send me pictures. Marty and our moms will have orchids. I can't remember what color she said for the ribbon on the flower stems. I think she was going to bring color in there too. The turquoise crystals were her idea so I trust it will look nice.

Turquoise and pink ribbon with pink roses on the handrails to SBP.

Ivy on the cake table and I think I said rose petals.

Flower girl will have a rose wand with a pink rose.

2 remembrance candles in glass globes. I guess this is common. They will be one on each side somewheres.

Probably white chair covers with turquoise bows. Rosie suggested turquoise and pink but I have never seen it so she was going to try and ask around. I have seen turquoise and orange, orange and pink but never turquoise and pink. I would really like the expensive chairs in silver but I think that is not in the budget. I may go with just the plain white plastic chairs too. I don't know...

Still not sure about any flowers. I doubt it due to my budget but she will send me some. I would love a swag and then they would run it down the middle of our table at lunch. If it rains it would be on a pillar and I just can't picture that.

I am not doing anything with the Napa Room.

I had just assumed I would leave the dessert party as is but we were talking how black table cloths are provided. I am going to do black chair covers with pink or orange bows, pink or orange gel candles on the table and pink or orange napkin thing under the candles. I am not sure how orange or pink the gel candles are. I will go with whatever one is the brightest color and coordinate from there. I am very excited about this. I am also not leaning towards the dessert party photographer for $300. Leaning as it seems I have heard of a lot of brides that were not happy with their pictures. I forgot to tell her I want to get glow necklaces and bracelets. I don't think it costs a lot more to go through her and that way I don't have to worry, lug etc.

I dropped the MK photo shoot. That hurt but the cost was the deciding factor. But... we booked the AK for a photo shoot for about 1/2 the cost. An AK shoot is $650. We love AK and it is just something different. Part of me think she we have just spent the extra $600 on the MK as we are already spending a lot so what is another $600. I like the contrast and a beautiful wedding gown and the AK. Yet there is still the cost of refreshing my flowers, hair and make up.

That is all for now and thanks so much for reading.
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #17
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Yay for floral meetings!! Once you get your BEO you will have a better idea on costs and you can adjust as needed, and the planners are really quick at sending pictures (at least mine were) - and mine sent me pictures I didn't even specifically ask for, just so I had an idea of what they would look like.

It's sad that you had to drop the MK shoot, but if you are AK people and that will mean more to you (and fit in your budget!) than that choice is even better! I would love to see pictures from that - I haven't seen an AK shoot, and it is such a beautiful park.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #18
amyy

It is sad that I dropped the MK shoot especially after I had lunch with my mom today and she has increased her contribution which would cover the cost. Marty just hates having his picture taken and I think he just thought it was a lot of money for pictures. Guys probably don't see it the same. His face looked very happy when I told him we had switched to AK. For whatever reason he doesn't want Epcot or HS.

Shoe Shopping
I can not wear heels to save my life. Went to a bridal store and could not believe how uncomfortable the shoes there were. I went to my favorite shoe store to see if I could find some Dansko shoes. It is my wedding, who will see my shoes anyway (unless I make a point of it) and I want to be comfortable. Some options

http://www.dansko.com/#detail,Carmen,Capri,2
in white

http://www.zappos.com/born-roca-bian...-grain-leather
in white or maybe a color that goes with my wedding

http://www.zappos.com/annie-sadah-white
http://www.zappos.com/annie-sachio-b...tent?zlfid=111
I have never heard of this brand but at least they are all white and cheap.

http://gift.younkers.com/shop/shoes/...al_264040.html
I tired these on and they were really comfortable and I have other bare trap shoes. My favorite part is that is is not a plastic footbed because my foot just slides around on those. I just don't like the tan heel but I do think I would be comfortable.

Last edited by amyy; 04-23-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #19
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Did you talk to DF about possibly adding the MK shoot back on? If your mom is going to help you out so that you can afford it, and it is really important to you, DF might just surprise you and say yes.

I am having issues with my computer letting me see the shoes, but I definitely agree with you in picking what will be comfortable. I saw the first pair, and they look really comfortable!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #20
shippedtosea
DIS Veteran

yay! another June Bride! We are also both wearing maggie's! I had the SAME problem with shoes. I can't wear heels and my DF is only 2 inches taller then me. I like the first Annie's shoe best. You can also check Ebay they have TONS and most are new in the box.

June 2004- WDW Offsite, May 2006-Disneyland Paris
December 2008-WDW @ Regal Sun June 2010- WDW Honeymoon!! Wilderness Lodge PJ & TR Dining Review
June 2011-WDW One Year Anniversary! Boardwalk Villas TR
June 2012-Disney Magic to Canada 2 year anniversary! TR
shippedtosea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #21
amyy

Thanks so much girls for reading and commenting. I feel bad that I am just rambling.

I think I mentioned I started my own Facebook group with my friends to help me plan my wedding. I want flowers that go with my dress etc and I think and they think the deep rose calla lilies on the Disney site are the way to go. I decided to add in the orchids. I really, really want color. I picked up a copy of the summer issue of Get Married magazine (check them out on-line as you can view the past issues) and found a bouquet similar to the one below and I love it. It has green orchids with white center, hot pink gerbera daisies, hot pink roses, a lime green flower that is like a daisy but I think it is something else. I think this is what I want. I know the calla lilies are elegant but I love this burst of color. Have you see Bride to Be's trip report? She has the most beautiful chairs with hot pink fabric. I think I would do something like that on the chivari (how ever you spell it chairs). Looking into the fans from Impressions as I read they are hard to make. For 25 fans it will cost me around $300!! I can tell you the exact price if you are interested.

link is not working???
like this but with hot pink roses, green orchids, hot pink gerbera daisies and some sort of lime green flower that is like a daisy but more texture)

You guys are so great to read my ramblings!! I am starting to get a bit stressed so it is nice to have support and someone to listen.

Off to give the bridal store where I bought my dress a chance on shoes and then if not it is the internet. I would like my shoes dyed in hot pink (now that I have a new color combination
Old 04-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #22
amyy

I couldn't find any shoes at the bridal store so will probably go with something from above. I did see these Marc Jacobs shoes I liked but they are a bit out of my budget.http://www.zappos.com/marc-by-marc-jacobs-605385-fuxia

All of my friends on my Help me Plan my Wedding Facebook group are telling me "no" to the gerbera daisies and "yes" to the calla lilies. I think I will just ditch any idea of the teal and just have pink everything (except for the dessert party). I just don't feel I have enough decorations etc to bring in a few colors.

I have a co-worker who has the cricut machine and the cartridge I need to make the ears fans/programs. Another DIS bride was kind enough to email me her template so all I have to do is change the wording (once I figure out our song etc).

Thanks to the Dis boards I also learned today I should print up some menus for the Napa Room. I am thinking I need to buy something so I have some fancy scripts for all this. Maybe you can download that stuff for free???

Today I finalized the dessert party menu and emailed Amy what I want. We want the classic buffet. We are adding 2 dozen Mickey rice krispie treats, cutting out the tiramisu and asking for chocolate peanut butter marshmallow squares and cutting out the fruit tarts and asking for cookies. I also asked her about any hot items. Maybe we would add just one.

Since my mom has helped us out a bit more and I will be doing some per diem work this summer we should have everything covered. I didn't get any paperwork done this past vacation week for work . I don't know where the time went and I had hoped to reward myself with the Longaberger special value this Wed but it is not looking like that is going to happen.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #23
amyy

organizational web site

I was reading some article this Task Master article this weekend in Family Circle. The author recommend this website to keep a to do list on http://www.toodledo.com/

It is free so I signed up and am going to try it with wedding planning stuff instead of all the sticky notes I have everywhere. I have items such as photos to tell Randy to take and in the comment section I have specific, make sure Amy replies to me on ice cream with wedding cake etc. I just keep it open as another screen and as I read the DIS boards and have ideas I plug them in my lists. If this works out I will try it with my life The app for my work IPOD is pretty cheap so I may try it out.

I know this seems crazy but I will share another tip in the article.
http://jott.com/jott/jott-assistant.html
For $3.95 a month you call this number to create to do lists or notes and they email it to you. I can have them email it to my toodledo site. I guess it can also put tasks in MS outlook. The other day I was driving to see my mother (she lives 4 hours away) and was writing sticky notes to myself. If I had this service I have been calling it constantly. I guess it is also useful so people don't text and drive as you can have text sent of your voice message.

I am one of those people who would lose my head if it was not attached so I am anxious to see how do with the above.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #24
amyy

postage stamps

http://www.usps.com/postagesolutions...zedpostage.htm

It is getting down to the wire but I would like to make personalized postage stamps to put on our save the date/invitations (that I have wondered about doing but now realize I need to)

It is very quick to do as I just ordered a sheet. I took a b/w picture from our engagement session with Randy and added the words Disney or Bust at the bottom. I probably could have been more creative if I had time

Last edited by amyy; 04-25-2010 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:35 AM   #25
amyy

The flowers I would like are posted on the next page (but my friends keep saying to go with the calla lilies).

Last edited by amyy; 05-02-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:58 AM   #26
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Just catching up here - my PJ has my MOH in a teal dress with hot pink shoes if you're still looking for examples of those colors together....I love the kick of Teal/Turquoise with hot pink and Orange!!

I know how hard the decision is about the photo shoot, I debated long and hard for a week about it....but decided I'd regret not doing it...although in our family I am the one that hates having my picture taken....ugh I am also the one who hates mornings...lol If you do not think you'll spend time regretting it later, don't do it....if you do, I would add it back in.

Also for the flowers - do what YOU want! It's great to get ideal from friends - but you are the one who needs to love it over and above anyone else!!
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #27
amyy

daisygirl902-I will check out your PJ. Oh, you're from Halifax. You must be the same girl from Halifax that I have commented on about going to the training. I mean how many Halifax brides can there be on here

The photo shoot is really weighing on me. Of course the day after I cancel we get additional financial support.

I think this link works to see the flowers I am leaning more and more towards going with
http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/down...Inbox&inline=1
Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #28
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyy View Post
daisygirl902-I will check out your PJ. Oh, you're from Halifax. You must be the same girl from Halifax that I have commented on about going to the training. I mean how many Halifax brides can there be on here

The photo shoot is really weighing on me. Of course the day after I cancel we get additional financial support.

I think this link works to see the flowers I am leaning more and more towards going with
http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/down...Inbox&inline=1
HAHA - yes I'm the same girl from Halifax I will be shocked if I run into any other DisBrides living here! I can't seem to access any of the links...weird.
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #29
emilymad
DIS Veteran

Hi dress twin!

Your plans look great! I like the pink. You should get the flowers you like and forget about everyone else!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #30
amyy

in a rut

Does it get this way as you get down to the details? I still haven't found "the" shoes, don't know what songs I want to have played, still hearing from all my co-workers how beautiful the orchids (without the daisies are) etc. It isn't fun at this point. Oh, and the stamps got kicked back. It was probably because I had the Disney or Bust saying. I suppose the whole idea was too cutesy anyway.

To make myself feel better I have been shopping: large Longaberger basket, massage, 2 Pacifica body butters, Kerastase shampoo & conditioner, Living Proof thickening cream, extra hair cut, a bouquet of colored daisies, Philosophy skin care (what I always use but I bought some miracle cream)-maybe there is more but I but stop typing as I am feeling guilty.

http://livingproof.com/product/full/
I am posting the link to the thickening product as it is new. I stopped in at a new salon yesterday to get a trim in hopes of perking myself up. Once she starting washing my hair she commented on how fine it was and that it didn't look so when she first looked at me. Good products work wonders. I won't get into the fact she trimmed too much but I can still pull it up and that is all that matters. I am getting it cut short after the wedding and I can't wait!!

I am dressed to go to the gym even if I just want to plant myself on the couch for the whole day. I have been away at a training on Thurs & Fri and really should be at my desk doing paperwork today but I just don't want to.

Sorry for the glum mood but I assume others have these days too???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: