Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
amyy
I do pat them out on a floured surface
I always think I may find paper /stickers etc

Brenda & Marty June 2010

Seems like I started one of these ones but can't find it now.

I really need one place to put all my thoughts because I am starting to stress myself out Plus I have eaten all the girl scout cookies left in the house and it hasn't helped my stress but rather increased it.

How we met: match.com He had a few pictures on his profile page and the castle picture was one of them. I contacted him and the rest is history. Only fitting we have a Disney wedding.

Location/Time SBP 10:00
Mickey & Minnie
Key West style guitarist
Rolls Royce

Hair & Makeup Patricia Lejeune

Photographer Randy Chapman

Minister Jack Day

Lunch Napa Room
Fresh Sliced Seasonal Fruit and Berries Display
Barstow Lunch Buffet
Caricature Artist

Dessert Party Morocco

Dress
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3342BRT

earrings
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=A3342BRT

I am still on the fence about colors, flowers etc. I thought of turquoise, pink and orange. Maybe the dark pink cala lilies pictured on the Disney planning website.

Last edited by amyy; 05-31-2010 at 10:02 AM.
amyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Oooh, a June wedding with a Morocco DP. I'll be following

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
amyy

PrincessShea-it was after seeing your beautiful pictures and thoughts on Morocco that I made up my mind. And we are doing the glow necklaces which is another idea I got from you.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

Your dress is gorgeous!!!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
amyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
Your dress is gorgeous!!!
Thanks. I only went to one store and tried on 4 or 5 dresses. They were having a 50% off sale which made me like the dress even more
Old 04-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
amyy

I guess I have decided on my color or at least teal will be one of them. Just ordered some Save the Date cards from Shutterfly. Since we are having so few people I didn't want to spend money on a package of invitations. There is one picture of us that has tinkerbell sprinkling some pixie dust (one of the Disney borders but you don't see the wording). On the side of the bottom of the card I have Save the Date, the date, Walt Disney World. It is kind of small and off to the side. The saying in the center of the bottom is "Once in awhile, in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale." The writing is all in white on a teal background which is a strip across the bottom of a the card.

At one point I had ordered colored m&m but the wouldn't let me use the one with a picture of us in front of the castle. I love chocolate and may still order some. I would order pink, teal and orange as these might be my colors.

I have to decide between an Escape and Wishes wedding soon. Plus my phone appointment with Rosie is the week after next.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyy View Post
At one point I had ordered colored m&m but the wouldn't let me use the one with a picture of us in front of the castle. I love chocolate and may still order some. I would order pink, teal and orange as these might be my colors.

I have to decide between an Escape and Wishes wedding soon. Plus my phone appointment with Rosie is the week after next.
Those are the exact colors I'm doing! Love that combination They look so great together, and the colors will really pop in photos, especially against a white dress!

I love your dress btw - it's beautiful...happy planning!
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #8
PrincessShea
Always planning...

Quote:
PrincessShea-it was after seeing your beautiful pictures and thoughts on Morocco that I made up my mind. And we are doing the glow necklaces which is another idea I got from you.
Awww, thanks

I love your dress! And the color scheme sounds great...very tropical. It will really work well with the calypso trio if you get them.

June 12, 2009
SeaBreeze Point|Bluezoo|Morocco
Wedding PJ & TR

PrincessShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #9
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

I am another June 2010 bride, getting married at SBP and using Randy...what day in June??

Love what you have so far, your dress is GORGEOUS!
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 AM   #10
weedee
I wanna go back to Disney already...

Another June bride here! Everything sounds great so far! Your dress is very pretty
Old 04-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #11
amyy

Thanks for the comments on my dress. I keep wanting to go try it on but could never lace it up.

It is looking like it won't work for the Calypso band as they play for 3 hours. After the wedding and cake we are going to the Napa Room for lunch and I think it would be too much for the location. I was emailing with Bill about a Key West guitarist and he thought that would work. Hoping I can hear a clip. I have actually been thinking of how I could rearrange everything to fit around the Calypso band but Marty is really looking forward to the Napa Room. I had wondered about switching to the Napa Room for supper, giving up the dessert party and staying at SBP for a bit and listen to the Calypso music and maybe have a light lunch. I just don't know. Plus how much more would it cost me to switch to supper at the Napa Room.

Having my phone appointment with Rosie on Thurs. I really don't know what to do about flower. I may go with the calla lilies as i think they would go with my dress. If go with calla lilies what flowers would I have on the hand rails to SBP? I want something mixed in with ribbon or maybe just ribbon.

Leaning toward the white chair covers with bows. I had thought about silver chairs with a bit of flowers tied to them. I posted about the chairs at this location but no one responded. Thinking of silver because my dress has a silver "jewel" on it. Any thoughts?

When I talk with Rosie I do think I will order the glow bracelets from Disney as it will just be easier. Leaning towards the glow cylinders for the dessert party if the budget allows. I had also wondered about 2 Moroccan lanterns on the dessert table but I haven't been able to see a good picture of them.

I would also like some ivy on the cake table. Of course I would love lots of flowers but that just isn't in the budget.

Leaning toward the Wishes wedding but I am not sure it really changes anything other then more cake flavors.

Sorry I am just rambling. So many thoughts swirling in my mind.....
Old 04-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #12
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

It used to be that Escape brides could choose from the Wishes cake flavours at no extra cost. Has this changed?

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #13
amyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
It used to be that Escape brides could choose from the Wishes cake flavours at no extra cost. Has this changed?
Maybe they still can and I just didn't know it. You would think they could because how much more does a different cake flavor really cost.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #14
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe they still can and I just didn't know it. You would think they could because how much more does a different cake flavor really cost.
Yup they can....I am an escape bride, having cake flavors from a "Wishes" wedding (Almond cake with amaretto filling for the bottom, chocolate cake with peanut butter cup filling on top)....they said it's no problem at all...
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #15
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Just subscribed here. Your wedding is coming up soon! Congratulations!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: