Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #946
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

There are also places where you can sit at the back of the car - and nothing is behind you.. but at least you still have the car in front of you. Eat there - it's a must at least once. The four of us ate at a table last time, and we didn't miss out on anything (we've also eaten from inside the car in a booth.)

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
LisaKeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #947
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Good to know!!! Thanks so much!!! I think I'll keep our ressie there!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #948
Starclassic
‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." ~Walt Disney

Thanks for the responses! DBF and I have discussed it and decided to keep our ADR. We're both pretty excited to eat there. It looks like a cool place.

Feb.2012 ASMu, Feb.2013 ASMu, Feb.2015 Pop

Starclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:00 PM   #949
p2oh
Soon to be Wedding Planner!

I am extra extra pooh sized. 5'10 420lbs. I rode everything in MK with little to no problem.

The seats in Philharmagic are too small for my booty so I sit on the end of the seat, but that is the case with all theater seats unless they have the moveable arms.

Space Mountain, I asked for the front car, and I fit, but it banged the heck out of my shins and they were sore the rest of the trip.

No problem on Splash or BTMRR. Haunted Mansion I just had to lift up a little to lower the bar.

No problems in EPCOT or DHS or AK, except the aforementioned theater seats.

I did not attempt Soarin this time because last time I had a problem with the seat belt and I was mortified, so I didn't attempt it.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #950
kathleen simpson
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2oh
I am extra extra pooh sized. 5'10 420lbs. I rode everything in MK with little to no problem.

The seats in Philharmagic are too small for my booty so I sit on the end of the seat, but that is the case with all theater seats unless they have the moveable arms.

Space Mountain, I asked for the front car, and I fit, but it banged the heck out of my shins and they were sore the rest of the trip.

No problem on Splash or BTMRR. Haunted Mansion I just had to lift up a little to lower the bar.

No problems in EPCOT or DHS or AK, except the aforementioned theater seats.

I did not attempt Soarin this time because last time I had a problem with the seat belt and I was mortified, so I didn't attempt it.
I am 5'7 and 300 lbs
Do you think I will have any problem with rides. May 2013 will be my first trip to WDW
kathleen simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #951
lovemesomepooh
Want to be Disney bound

In February I went to disney after not being there for 10 years.

I am a 28 with a big bust. Only ride I wasn't able to ride that I tried was Dinosaur. My thighs were too wide. I also could fit into theatre style shows.

Our next trip I would like to try soarin and Kali ( it was closed) but I am afraid the seatbelts won't fit. They changed the kali seatbelts to single right?

Me: 38 Fiancé: 37 DD: 10 DS:8

November 2014 Poly
February 2013 POP SURPRISE TRIP for kids
January/February 2012 POP My kids FIRST trip to Disney!!!
December/January 2000-2001 off site
March 1990 off site
several other times as a child stayed off site
lovemesomepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #952
pocomom
Brr.....

backpack extender

Hi, I'm not pooh sized, but I was just reading all the threads and started reading this one. Just wanted to mention that you can get backpack strap extenders at REI or other camping/hiking stores. I had to use them when hiking pregnant for the belly (ok, I just planned to hike, really I laid in bed and ate crackers and post pregnancy on the chest strap on my backpack baby carrier. They have an assortment of sizes and you could use them for a fanny pack or backpack. Hope it helps someone!
pocomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #953
GypsyPearl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwendy View Post
I have another question. I am still pooh sized, but have recently been really sick with GERD and have lost about 50 lbs since the middle of August, so now am about 202lbs. We are going to Sea World in San Antonio in a few weeks - do you think I'll be able to go on the rides or do I still need to worry? Im wearing an XL top and old navy size 16 jeans.....thoughts anyone????
My sister is a very similar size if not a slight bit bigger. She rode everything at SeaWorld and Universal with no problems. You should be fine.
GypsyPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #954
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyPearl View Post
My sister is a very similar size if not a slight bit bigger. She rode everything at SeaWorld and Universal with no problems. You should be fine.
Awesome! Thank you - Im down a few more pounds since my post so hopefully that will give me even more room!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
billwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #955
wynntx
Earning My Ears

Well minor update on my weight loss. I'm officially down 10 pounds and over 10 inches. Can now fit into my size 22 jeans that were too tight 1 month ago. Still not down as much as I'd hoped, but happy just the same. Will report on rides after our trip.....just 14 days away!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

wynntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #956
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Just a quick report. I was actually a little heavier on this trip than my last trip. I was a solid 22 edging towards 24, with a 3x bottom half and a 2x top.

Fit everything at Disney but IOA was more of a struggle. I was fine on forbidden journey even though the seats outside flashed a yellow light at me. The only problem I had was that my arms were tight where they come around the harness so they never were in the right position.

Dueling dragons was a close one. I went to sit down and I could not get my hips down in the seat so my bottom never did fully touch the seat. The harness did not want to close, not due to my top size but because I was up so high in the seat. My friend sitting next to me helped me get it clasped but it was really tight. Fit fine on jurassic park ripsaw falls and Spider-Man, but hulk seats outside the ride seemed to fit like dueling dragons so I actually just skipped it.

I walked over 37 miles while there and at weigh in after I got back I was down about seven pounds. Even with food and wine and a no holds bar lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby. I think I'll hold off on any future universal visits until I am thinner.

Disney was as always a blast and I am sad that it will probably be 2014 before I go to WDW again (doing a cruise next year to Alaska so I'll skip Orlando). However I have some great memories of this trip to keep me till then.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 AM   #957
cartoongeek
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm new to the board and this thread had helped me a lot. I do have a question though. Has anyone gone on the renovated Test Track? That's the first ride my mother wants to get on and I'm nervous about fitting. I'm 5'10 and 330 lbs 4X top and 26/28 bottom and I carry my weight my stomach. I know that since I'm tall sitting in the front is a must, but I'm worried about my hips and thighs not fitting.
cartoongeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #958
stacyleigh1978
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoongeek View Post
Hi, I'm new to the board and this thread had helped me a lot. I do have a question though. Has anyone gone on the renovated Test Track? That's the first ride my mother wants to get on and I'm nervous about fitting. I'm 5'10 and 330 lbs 4X top and 26/28 bottom and I carry my weight my stomach. I know that since I'm tall sitting in the front is a must, but I'm worried about my hips and thighs not fitting.
I just got back and we were able to ride Test Track a couple days before they opened. I had no problem riding it (I am the same size as you). My recommendation is to pull the seat belt out first before sitting down.
stacyleigh1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #959
cartoongeek
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyleigh1978 View Post
I just got back and we were able to ride Test Track a couple days before they opened. I had no problem riding it (I am the same size as you). My recommendation is to pull the seat belt out first before sitting down.
I'm excited now.
cartoongeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #960
McKelly
DIS Veteran

Quick question about Blizzard Beach. Is there a weight limit for the chair lift that takes you up to the top of Teamboat Springs?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: