Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #916
MinnieMom0703
Earning My Ears

Well that makes me feel better already! I really appreciate it! =)
MinnieMom0703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:19 PM   #917
vtcraigjen
Earning My Ears

Sitting at BC right now!

Hello ladies...thanks again for all your help I'm sitting in BC right now...

I had no problems flying....they didn't ask me to buy another seat....we did buy the early bird...but didn't need too...we would have boarded with the family at the same time we did anyway....

I fit in the seat no problems...when in flight I did raise the bar for more room...I sat in the aisle seat and DH's sat next to me....DH and DS sat behind. The flight was good...I did take my happy pills (valium) and I felt a little more relaxed...but think I could have used a stronger one...I wanted to be more mellow...lol.

We went into Epcot today...and did Spaceship Earth...and Soarin' no problems at ALL with either ride....if I didn't find this thread I know I would not have done Soarin'....I would have missed out on my kids reactions! Especially DS...who is only 3 and amazed with EVERYTHING!

Thanks everyone!! I will keep you posted as I go!

DD - 8 DD - 6 DS - 3

Lost Trip - 1/2012 DH
Last Trip - 1/2010
vtcraigjen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #918
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update! I'm glad it was a smooth flight and you are enjoying yourself!

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #919
MinnieMom0703
Earning My Ears

I'm here and doing great too! Appreciate this thread so much. Have done Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, Buzz, People Mover at MK...All the ones I was concerned about/wanting to do so much...and have had no problems!! Yay!!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #920
ThroughLookingGlass
“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Maybe I'm late to the party but can we talk about how much universal just totally sucks? Seriously.

This is me on my surprise birthday trip in May, we also went to universal for Harry Potter

I am fat but I'm not THAT fat, it shouldn't be so hard for me to fit even through the freaking gate! My friend Bec is a tiny little thing and even she felt claustrophobic in this park. We both found the rides to be rather small as well. Pretty sure if the size 2 girl thinks something is wrong then something is definitely wrong

Every ride in Disney is completely comfortable I don't understand what universal's deal is but it sure feels like a giant "you are unwelcome here"
Old 09-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #921
maeslife
Earning My Ears

I am a 18/20 all stomach and hips. My husband is a 4x all stomach. Do you think I can ride Kali? I will ride it with my son who is a size 42? He is all shoulders (football player). I know they would rather me ride with my husband on some of the other rides like splash and big thunder mountain. Do you think that can happen? Also, I have never been on EE, which my other son wants me to ride. Do you think I can ride it with my husband or should I pick the smallest son who is a 36 waist? When I went in the past I was about 10 to 15 pounds smaller and my husband was only a 2x. Just so you will have an idea of what we will look like at park...my sons are 6ft 260, 5'7 200, and then friend of boys 6'4 280. I'm a little worried about the rides... Thanks for the help.

CSR July 2004
WL Nov 2008
WL June 2010
POFQ April 2011
ASM OCT 2012
maeslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #922
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.

I'm 5'7" and 26/28. I've never had an issue fitting, but I was 22/24 then. Anything I should know ahead of time? How are the roller coaster seats for example?
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #923
ThroughLookingGlass
“Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.” Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeslife View Post
I am a 18/20 all stomach and hips. My husband is a 4x all stomach. Do you think I can ride Kali? I will ride it with my son who is a size 42? He is all shoulders (football player). I know they would rather me ride with my husband on some of the other rides like splash and big thunder mountain. Do you think that can happen? Also, I have never been on EE, which my other son wants me to ride. Do you think I can ride it with my husband or should I pick the smallest son who is a 36 waist? When I went in the past I was about 10 to 15 pounds smaller and my husband was only a 2x. Just so you will have an idea of what we will look like at park...my sons are 6ft 260, 5'7 200, and then friend of boys 6'4 280. I'm a little worried about the rides... Thanks for the help.
You'll all be fine! All the rides are really comfortable. My parents are big people too and they fit comfortably as well. Disney really does have a good amount of room on their rides. I love it.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #924
ThroughLookingGlass

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrina1122 View Post
I'm 5'7" and 26/28. I've never had an issue fitting, but I was 22/24 then. Anything I should know ahead of time? How are the roller coaster seats for example?
Coaster seats are nice Space Mountain is the only one that's kinda tough.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #925
MinnieMom0703
Earning My Ears

I agree...Space Mountain can be tough. It's very low, so if you have mobility issues it can be a struggle getting in/out. Also, if you carry your weight mostly in your tummy, it can be a tight squeeze. Same for Astro Orbiters, getting out is tough. The biggest surprise to me since the last time I was in Disney were the turnstiles. Some have been removed completely. The rest are so easy. I didn't even have to turn sideways!! Great feeling. Two tips: on boat rides such as Small World and Pirates, sit towards the middle if you can! On Haunted Mansion it's the opposite, sit towards the outer edges and the bar doesn't cut in as much. Again, I carry most of my weight in the chest and tummy, ymmv! Overall I felt very comfortable everywhere I went. I am so relieved!! I hope someone reading this finds it as helpful as I've found all the posts on this thread!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #926
Kelleigh710
Mouseketeer

Exclamation Parasailing at the Contemporary

Hello my fellow Pooh-sized friends! I have a quick question...has anyone ever gone parasailing at the Contemporary? I am 5 feet 7 inches, 296 pounds. I wear a size 18/20 on the top and 22/24 on the bottom. Just wanted to see if anyone has done this experience so that I can put my mind at ease. Thanks in advance everyone!!!!!
11/2013 Dolphin/BLT ~ 11/2014 BLT
Just me and DH
Kelleigh710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #927
wynntx
Earning My Ears

Starting to panic!

I've posted before, but now with 51 days before my WDW, I have to ask again.

I planned to lose weight before my trip. My goal was to lose about 20 pounds. Some how I managed to gain a few pounds instead. Now I'm hoping to lose 5 - 10 pounds, but who knows.

I'm 5' 9" and a size 24 with most of my weight in my chest and tummy. Are there any rides I should avoid? I'm terrified to get to WDW and have to get off of a ride due to my size. I'm aware of the Kali seat belt issue, but not sure I want to get soaked so probably won't ride it. I'm also aware of Space Mountain and not sure I'll ride it.

Anyone been to WDW in the last size months or so who can give me some advice? Thanks!
wynntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #928
M&MGirl1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynntx

I planned to lose weight before my trip. My goal was to lose about 20 pounds. Some how I managed to gain a few pounds instead. Now I'm hoping to lose 5 - 10 pounds, but who knows.

I'm 5' 9" and a size 24 with most of my weight in my chest and tummy. Are there any rides I should avoid? I'm terrified to get to WDW and have to get off of a ride due to my size. I'm aware of the Kali seat belt issue, but not sure I want to get soaked so probably won't ride it. I'm also aware of Space Mountain and not sure I'll ride it.

Anyone been to WDW in the last size months or so who can give me some advice? Thanks!
Please do NOT be terrified! You'll fit on everything just fine! I am 6'1 with your same build and was a size 26 when we went to WDW. I fit on Kali, Space and indeed EVERYTHING at Disney just fine. No embarrassing issues at all! Don't worry about you build, just go and have a great time!

Oh, and just pick up a few of the cheap disposable ponchos at Walmart for the water rides. If you are worried about getting wet they are the best $1 you'll spend.
M&MGirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #929
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynntx View Post

I think the only thing you might have a problem with would be Sum of All Thrills roller coaster simulator at Epcot. I am an 18 and had a problem with it once but was OK on the next trip at the same weight. There a seat you can try out before you get in line.

Oh and I find the disposable ponchos I bought at the Dollar Store too tight.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:40 AM   #930
TPCShauna
Most Cheerful Creativear
I think "Under the Sea" would be a nice place to live
I definitely think that the colored mini marshmallows make the best peep poop

Location: Orlando, FL - just minutes from the magic! (but I'm still a Texas girl at heart!)

I just tried Haunted Mansion again at a MNSSHP at DH's insistence, and the stupid bar still wouldn't close. I'm only 5'4.5", and carry most of my weight in my belly and butt, so you might be fine since you are so much taller. Honestly, I don't care if I ride HM or not because I hate it, but DH likes it and feels guilty every time he rides without me.

If for some reason you do try, but have to take the chicken exit, they make you walk back up that narrow section of the queue where they've taken the line down to single file. You are literally a salmon swimming upstream against a bunch of cranky salmon. And the CMs are no help and quite rude about it. It's so annoying that I tell people to avoid it unless it's on their must-do list.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: