Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
Ranchfly
Earning My Ears

RANT ALERT Park Manners

1. If your whole party isn't with you, don't get in line. Not for a ride, not for a bus, don't do it. There's nothing worse than having a party of one or two in front of you turn into an extended family of ten cutting in front of you in line. Not cool.

2. Yes your kids are in vacation, but don't let them run wild outside others room doors. Find a better place for them to expend their energy.

3. Don't get right up on me in line to enter the park, ride a ride or anywhere. Yes it's crowded, but a small amount of personal space is appreciated.

4. Be courteous on buses. Elderly, pregnant women, small children, people holding children, do the right thing, give them your seat. Yes you paid good money to go on this trip too, but doesn't it feel good to do what is right?

5. Don't stop in the middle of crowded walkways.

6. Don't walk at the pace of a snail 3 or more people wide.

Anyone have anything else to add!!??
Ranchfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
Disney4Shaw
Earning My Ears

It is annoying when people put their kids on their shoulders right in front of you during parades, castle show, fireworks etc. We have a 4 year old and we are both fairly tall people so we try to be considerate and not make ourselves into a 9 foot monster by propping our kid up on our shoulders. I saw SO many people doing this the last time we were at WDW. I can understand if you are at the back of the crowd trying to see a parade or something, but good grief. I saw one kid on someone shoulders that was so big it made me think maybe that's his wife instead of his daughter. Ha Ha
September 2012-Animal Kingdom Lodge-Jambo
December 2011-Old Key West
October 2010-Animal Kingdom Lodge-Kidani(Baby's 1st Trip)
May 2009-Saratoga Springs
October 2008-Coronado Springs
May 2007-Polynesian/Disney Wonder (1st Trip/Honeymoon)
Disney4Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
Kristina4109
Mouseketeer

Just one to add to your excellent list - don't assume that you are the only one who paid a ton of money to have this vacation. You're surrounded by people in the same boat. Show some courtesy.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Know what you're going to order before you get to the CM in a CS restaurant. You're not that special because you're on the DDP -- anybody staying onsite can get that. If you can't make up your mind, kindly let other people pass you until you figure out what you want.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #5
pieface
Mouseketeer

Please don't crash your strollers into my ankles it really hurts.
pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #6
MistressMerryweather
DIS Veteran

1. Sorry, but if we've been waiting in line for 30 minutes and suddenly my 2yo, 5yo, and 10yo have to use the bathroom and dh and grandma decide to take all 7 of the kids with us to the bathroom, while I hold our spot...then that's what we'll do. Now, of course, they won't be off running around the park while I wait in line, but there's no way for you to know that when they return from said bathroom venture.

2-6. Agreed!

7. Don't swizzle your way in front of my 5yo and 8yo at the parade, because there is a tiny space. Grrrrr...

Me ~ DH ~ Ds(10) ~ Dd(8) ~ Ds(5) ~ Dd(2) ...our Sept. 2010 DW souvenir ~ SURPRISE little one born Aug. '13

MistressMerryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:59 PM   #7
bledsoedoc
Mouseketeer

Sometimes people dont know what they want at a cs because they have food allergies. Disney's policy is to stand in line and when you get to the cast member ask for a manager. You cant get one any earlier. So you get there and wait. And watch people give you mean looks. And the cm stops helping people on the side you are waiting on. And the looks get even meaner....but it is what you have to do so that you continue breathing. And the policy is crazy and the people around you inpatient...
DS Trip #13 April 2014 French Quarters, DS Trip #12 November-December 2013 Wilderness Lodge, DS Trip #11 July 2013 Caribbean Beach, DS Trip #10 December 2012 Polynesian, DS trip #9 October 2012 Day trips from Tampa, DS Trip #8 March 2012 Pop Century and Western Caribbean Cruise on the Magic, DS Trip #7 October 2011 Port Orleans, DS Trip #6 December 2010 Beach Club, DS Trip #5 December 2009 Polynesian, DS Trip #4 June 2009 Boardwalk, DS Trip #3 November 2008 Wilderness Lodge, DS Trip #2 December 2007 Coronado, DS Trip #1 November 2006 French Quarter
bledsoedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #8
QueenQuad
Mouseketeer

Agree with OP.

Adding to that: Common courtesy....please.....thank you....excuse me.....good morning.....or even a simple sincere smile will go a long ways!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
QueenQuad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #9
jmail048
Earning My Ears

a lot of good points here. thinking about them made me chuckle.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #10
Poppins2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieface View Post
Oh heck yes.
Poppins2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:34 AM   #11
Kpskyman
Mouseketeer

If eating in a CS, clean up after yourselves, and don't Lounge at tables, there are many people that would like to sit and eat as a family, if you just want to sit and talk, there are park benches for that. When a character shows up on the street, don't just run up in front of others, form a line. If your child is yelling and screaming not to ride something, don't force them too. Last one for now, don't get offended if you stop in a very busy area to take a cute picture of your kids, and I walk through your picture. If I see you, I will wait or go around, if I walk through, I did not see you, probably because it was a busy area which was a bad idea to take a picture in the first place.
Kpskyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #12
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Keep your voices down in a hotel room. Especially the kids. At AKL I had to call the front desk because the woman in the room next to use was yelling at her kids for being bad and I could hear everything plain as day. Few minutes later I heard security knocking on her door and then all was quiet.

Also don't stomp on the floors in the hotel there are others in the room below you.

Don't slam hotel doors especially when you come back late at night.

Don't smoke on your balcony because I will report you. Especially at AKL where there is a thatched roof below you that could catch fire!

And for goodness sake wash your hands after using the bathroom!

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #13
uccats97
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieface View Post
Agreed!! Strollers aren't meant to be battering rams to help you push through a crowd! And if you accidentally do ram the ankles of the person in front of you, just apologize. It goes a long way!

I dream in Disney!
Me DH DS(18) DD(11) DD(9) DD(6)
1979-2000 Too many WDW day trips to count!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June)

uccats97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #14
MickeyChix
Mouseketeer

If I got my parade spot and am sitting down with no one in front of me, don't presume I'll be ok with you stepping out in front of me so you can see. That one kills me---I've had to speak up and use my voice several times over on this one. The funny thing is it's more of a problem with people that are older vs younger. One woman actually said too bad I'm not moving to which I said wanna bet? I had a park employee close by and snagged him --he then proceeded to tell this woman to either move it or they would be ejected from the park! Hahahaha.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #15
kP72
Mouseketeer

It's late at night and everyone is tired... please, for the love of all that's holy, don't assume your kids are more tired than the rest of us waiting for that slow moving bus, then cut in front of everyone... and then not know how to collapse your stroller! I will cause bodily harm next time!

Don't yell at your kids in the parks so we can all hear. Yes, a kid having a temper tantrum is bad, but the parent having one is by far worse.

Cover your junk! I'm sure you feel your body is fabulous, but some of us don't need proof.

Yes, the strollers are cruel to ankles, but so are the Scooters. Please be mindful of where you are driving those bad boys. And please don't let kids have control... DD was ran into by a grandparent who thought it was cute to let grandson drive!

Don't allow your children chase and kick the ducks. That's just in poor taste.

DLR:1984,2010,2014; WDW:1994,2004,2006,2008; DCL: 2009
DLR TR 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3250490
kP72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: