Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #1
dreamit
Mouseketeer

Suggestions for in-room coffee

I need my morning coffee! I'm not extremely picky, but would like a decent cup of coffee in the morning. I've seen throughout numerous threads, including packing lists, mention of different items that people bring for their morning coffee (the terms used are foreign to me). I know the resort (staying at CBR) has a coffee pot and some type of individual coffee packets, but is there anything I should bring to improve upon this?

Me DH DD8
dreamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
swedie
Mouseketeer

How particular are you about your coffee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamit View Post
I need my morning coffee! I'm not extremely picky, but would like a decent cup of coffee in the morning. I've seen throughout numerous threads, including packing lists, mention of different items that people bring for their morning coffee (the terms used are foreign to me). I know the resort (staying at CBR) has a coffee pot and some type of individual coffee packets, but is there anything I should bring to improve upon this?
How particular are you about your coffee? Do you only drink certain brands?
I haven't been there since some of the resorts changed over to Joffreys, however, the posts I have read regarding coffee say it is a great improvement over the previous brand. The resorts also have the usual little packets with sugar and creamers available.

We usually drive down from NY, (we usually drive everywhere!), so I always bring a can of my brew with me, and pick up a container of milk somewhere along the way. I'm not overly picky with my coffee, but I don't want to be surprised by something I don't like...so I just bring my own. I do need milk - not half & half, not creamers, no extra flavorings - just coffee and milk.

So you may like what the resort offers, or you may not. I think Folgers(?) offers coffee in tea-bag type packaging - if you like their coffee you could throw a couple of bags in your luggage.

I've also read that Starbucks has taken over the Main Street Bakery in Magic Kingdom and that they are also located in Epcot somewhere. So...if you are a Starbucks fan (I am not), you may be able to handle the resort coffee for the caffeine and enjoy a cup once you get to either of those two parks.
swedie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
dreamit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedie View Post
How particular are you about your coffee? Do you only drink certain brands?
I haven't been there since some of the resorts changed over to Joffreys, however, the posts I have read regarding coffee say it is a great improvement over the previous brand. The resorts also have the usual little packets with sugar and creamers available.

We usually drive down from NY, (we usually drive everywhere!), so I always bring a can of my brew with me, and pick up a container of milk somewhere along the way. I'm not overly picky with my coffee, but I don't want to be surprised by something I don't like...so I just bring my own. I do need milk - not half & half, not creamers, no extra flavorings - just coffee and milk.

So you may like what the resort offers, or you may not. I think Folgers(?) offers coffee in tea-bag type packaging - if you like their coffee you could throw a couple of bags in your luggage.

I've also read that Starbucks has taken over the Main Street Bakery in Magic Kingdom and that they are also located in Epcot somewhere. So...if you are a Starbucks fan (I am not), you may be able to handle the resort coffee for the caffeine and enjoy a cup once you get to either of those two parks.
Thank you! I'm not overly picky, but I do need my caffeine within minutes of waking up. I was concerned as I've read posts about bringing special filters, etc. It sounds like I don't need to worry about bringing anything!

Me DH DD8
dreamit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #4
bandksmommy
Earning My Ears

lol we drove so I took my keurig.
bandksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM   #5
psiprez
Birthday is December 5th (same as Walt)!!

We have it easy... we prefer instant Taster's Choice, black!!

One $8 can lasts all week.

In my defense, it's a huge step up from what they serve as "coffee" where I work.
7/14--------- RPR (gave the dark side a whirl and loved it)

NEXT VISIT:
7/15--------- split trip WDW/US

psiprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM   #6
MichaelaF
Mouseketeer

My husband and I both enjoy our coffee - I would even consider my husband a coffee snob. I'm less picky, but can't function very much at all without it! We were very happy with Joffrey's. We also like 1/2 and 1/2 with ours and since we were driving, we brought some. We supplemented a few days with Starbucks too.

NEXT TRIP: Nov 2014 - Fort Wilderness!
March 2014 - Disneyland Off-site
Oct 2013 - Fort Wilderness and Villas at Wilderness Lodge
1994 - Polynesian Resort - Concierge and Magic Kingdom View
1992 - Polynesian Resort
1984 - Disneyland
MichaelaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:08 PM   #7
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Buy a gallon of distilled ($3) or drinking water from the gift shop.

Joffery's is a much better coffee then the nescacrap they used to have, but it really is a big improvement just to have better water.

Water in Florida is high in sulfur content. The tap water will often still have enough sulfur to mess up your coffee (or whatever drink you you prefer).

You could even fill up a cup with free water at the food court (any water that comes from a soda fountain has been filtered) and use it if you didn't want to buy a gallon.

Me personally I like cold coffee so I fill a bottle with filtered water and add a Via pack and sweetner and mix it up and leave it in the fridge overnight. Next morning I add my milk (almond or rice or soy) and get my morning caffeine that way, but my mom drinks hers hot (no sugar or milk either) and likes the Joffery's.

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: