Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2010, 02:53 AM   #1
fhtpdw20
DIS Veteran

Any Treasure series collector here?

I am hoping the continue the line. Each year it gets smaller and more limited in number produced. What would you like to see? I have the both Disneylands, Spin and Marty, Hardy Boys, Annette, Front Line, Tomorrowland, both Silly Syphony, Your Host, Walt Disney, Behind the Scenes WD Studio and Micky Mouse Club.
fhtpdw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #2
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

I have the first 4/5 ( I think) series that were released. Unfortunately duty/customs made them very expensive for delivery to Scotland.

I keep looking out for them as I would still like to add to the collection.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
themilesfamily
Wanna potty with Spongebob Squarepants?

I'm very interested! Can you tell us more about what the Treasure Series is??
themilesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:32 AM   #4
fhtpdw20
DIS Veteran

Here is a link to all the past Treasures released. If you notice the number of released sets and edition number gets less each year. http://www.ultimatedisney.com/treasures.html

If you are interested and a D23 member you can buy all of them in a collector set from the disneystore.com, but it is pretty expensive. You may be able to find so at Best Buy or ebay.

Usually the next wave is announced late spring/early summer and go on sale in November/December.
fhtpdw20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Experiment_626
Stealth Geek

I have quite a few of the sets, but I only buy the ones that interest me. For example, I might not get those that collect serials. I do have lots of those that collect cartoon shorts, including the Disney On The Front Lines set. I also like to get the ones that present themed shows from the old anthology series (such as the Tomorrowland set), those that focus on the theme parks, and those that feature Walt Disney himself. It's important to me that my boys know Walt Disney the man, and not just think of him as a brand name. That has paid off -- there's a video playing outside the entrance to Carousel of Progress that shows Walt with the Sherman Brothers. When my wife asked our four-year "Who is that?" he didn't miss a beat in responding, "That's Walt Disney!" Made his daddy proud!

I also have the set presenting the first week of the original Mickey Mouse Club. Upon watching it, it made me think that in some ways I was born too late.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
avgeek81
DIS Veteran

I have most of the Treasures Sets. When they first came out. I used to buy two of them for my dad for christmas and he used to buy me the other two. He has sinced passed so i usually buy them for myself. I dont have the black and white cartoon ones because i'm not too interested in them and i didnt get the Zorro ones because i wasnt interested enough in them to spend $50 each. I really like the behind the scenes ones and the color shorts. i havnt watched all the serial ones yet.
avgeek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:16 PM   #7
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

I have them all except for Zorro and Davy Crockett(not that interested). I'm watching the Tomorrowland set right now.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
redboxcar
Mouseketeer

I have only recently gotten into them and so far have only procured the Hardy Boys series. I'm looking forward to getting more, though.
redboxcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
Ron from Michigan
Our first Grandchild !!!

I have all of them except for Zorro. I was not willing to pay $50+ for them. I was hoping they would come down in price but no such luck.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
Beka
Goes to 11

I have Donald vol. 2 & just got Pluto vol 2 (I think) yesterday. I've been looking online for more. That link above doesn't help my wallet out AT ALL.

Trips to see The Mouse
1984 1988 1992 1994 1995 1996 2009 2010 2012 2013
Old 04-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
the horned king
DIS Veteran

I own about 6 of them. Vol.2 of the complete donald series is one of my favorites.
the horned king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #12
Merry Mousketeer
I've got a lot above my ears
We never miss them when we visit DL

I have a couple dozen of them. Most of the animated ones - I'm missing a couple a Silly Symphony one and I think a Mickey one. I also need to get the first two in the nature series.

There have been rumors for the last couple of years that this series is going to be discontinued. Roy Disney and Leonard Maltin have really campaigned to keep the series going.

There was talk that "Song of the South" would be released as a Treasure series so that Leonard Maltin could introduce it and put the film in perspective for modern audiences. But at the last stockholder's meeting Bob Iger made it clear that it will never be released.

Someone wrote on another thread that the documentaries "The Boys" (about the Sherman Brothers), "Walt and El Grupo" (about Walt and the animators' pre WWII trip to South America) and "Waking Sleeping Beauty" (about the fall and rise of Disney animation in the 70s and 80s) will be released as Treasures by the end of 2010.
Merry Mousketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:34 AM   #13
PirateMel
DIS Veteran

Treasures

MY DBF and I combined our collecitons - thanks for the list.
Now we can search for what we are missing.

anyone else not opened them yet?
Old 09-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #14
Pluto the Pup
Earning My Ears

I have 8 of them:
Donald Duck vol. 1
Pluto vol. 1
Mickey Mouse Club
On the Front Lines
Behind the Scenes at the WD Studio
Disneyland: Secrets, Stories & Magic
Tomorrow Land
Oswalt the Lucky Rabbit

I don't have many, but I really enjoy the ones I do have. Would love to see Treasures featuring Jiminy Cricket, Chip & Dale, and People and Places. But I'd be happy just to see ANY new Treasures announced. In the meantime, I've pre-ordered Waking Sleeping Beauty and Walt and El Grupo which (along with the Sherman Bros) seem to be this year's closest releases to Treasures type of material.
Pluto the Pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:47 AM   #15
Ron from Michigan
Our first Grandchild !!!

I have them all now since I was able to get both seasons of Zorro on ebay for under $50. I'm waiting to see if they are going to bring out any this year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: