Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
Joeblack
Proud DVC Member
 
Joeblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Posts: 702

Ripped Off By Disney Cruise Line?

Had to vent off here. I was part of the February 13th cruise that actually left on the 14th. We missed a whole day of cruising and I will never forget the disappointment in my children´s faces. I understand it was the weather and Disney reacted in a more more or less satisfactory way....or did they? All guests, including me, who made part of the reservation using DVC points and paying the rest cash, were credited 20% of the value of the cruise in our account. Since it was a good amount of money (about $1500 in my case, but the people in our dining table had a refund of $2500), I approached guest services in the ship and told them that I would probably not be able to spend that kind of money in 6 days in the ship, especiallly taking into account that meals, accomodations, etc were already paid for. They told me not to worry, since any reamining balance would be put back into my credit card. On the fianl day of the cruise, I got my statement showing all my expenses and the remaining balance on my account. I spoke to GS desk again and swast assured that it would go back to my credit card. Well, it has been almost a month and there is no credit in my credit card. I called DVC member services and they told me to call Disney Cruise Line. I did, and they told me I have to speak to DVC member services. I told them I already did and they tole me to send an email or a letter.
Is it too much to ask from a company like Disney taht they live up to what they promise, especially when it was compensation for an extremely stressful and dissapointing experience such as being sent back in Port Canaveral because there was no cruise.
Anyone knows who can I talk to or what else I can do? I have been a loyal Disney fan and DVC memeber for 11 years, but I feel like an ant in front of an elephant.
Joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 33,275

At the end of your cruise you should have gotten a statement of your account under your stateroom door. It would have indicated any non-refundable OBC (usually from Disney Visa use or rebooking on board) as well as REFUNDABLE OBC. At least you were told that it would be refundable--when we got some after an incident I went to the shops and spent it because I thought it was "use it or lose it" money. OK, do you have it? Does it indicate that it is refundable? Does it say HOW it is to be refunded?...as in to your credit card?

I will tell you that when I received a partial refund (the hurricane Jeanne cruise went from 7 nights to 4 1/2) it took about 6 weeks to come thru.

When you book thru DVC, they act as your travel agent. It is DCL policy that when you have used a TA, they will not discuss finances directly with you; everything must filter thru your TA.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
tvguy
Sailed on:The Mermoz, Norway, Nordic Prince, Sovereign of the Seas, Amsterdam, Magic & Pride of America
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Carmichael, California
Posts: 18,085

Your identity says you are in Quito, Ecuador.
I wonder if credits to out of the country credit cards take longer?
__________________
tvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Have you contacted your credit card company to see if they have received the refund from DCL to be applied to your credit card? The refund should go back to the credit card that you applied to your onboard account. Credits can still take a while to post back to your credit card, especially from DCL.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
LivingtheWDWdream
Dreamin of Disney!
 
LivingtheWDWdream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: dreaming of DCL
Posts: 1,464

Refunds to Credit Cards can take longer to process, companies have 30 days to refund the amount before they are out of compliance once the refund was to be given. It can take 1 to 2 billing cycles for the refund to appear.

I'm sorry your having trouble though getting a straight answer from Disney, communication shouldn't have to be difficult for a company.

I'm sorry you had to deal with this situation at all but hope that the cruise was at least somewhat enjoyable??
__________________
A Disney Addict who has Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust!
LivingtheWDWdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #6
Tea
Earning My Ears
 
Tea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 39

Hi
I too was on that cruise and pd half with dvc pts and part with cash. I have not received my refund either.
Tea
Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #7
disneymum2201
Mouseketeer
 
disneymum2201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 173

Yesterday I caneclled a reservation at WDW and was told that the credit could take 6 weeks to hit my Australian credit card by the Disney Cast Member. It may still be coming
__________________
Disneyland 1991
Disneyland 2005
Disneyland 2007
Disneyland 2008

Cruises
Alaska reposition RCI Serenade of the Seas - September 2008
Eastbound Transatlantic Disney Magic - April 2010
Westbound Panama Canal Disney Wonder - January 2011
disneymum2201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #8
Joeblack
Proud DVC Member
 
Joeblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Posts: 702

Thanks for your replies. It really feels like home here in the DIS. The statement says I had a ship credit of about 1500. I tried to spend as much as I could, believe me, but all I could spend with drinks and gifts was about 700. THe written statement I got in my stateroom says I have an ´´Accounts payable´´ of about 800. It also says that the records show that DCL has a credit card on file and therefore I should not stop by guest services to settle any remaining balance. Still I did stop by GS and was told that any balance in my favor would go back to my credit card. I talked to my credit card company and there is no credit (also there are no charges by Disney, but there should be an $800 credit). What baffles me the most is the lack of information from all the people I have talked to. It feels like some third world country´s bureaucratic institution (I should know, I live in Ecuador ) where they send you back and forth between employees and noone cares enough to give a solution. That certainly is not what one expects from Disney trying to do damage control and satisfy customers. I sent the email yesterday. I hope I get some kind of non-automated reply.
Joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:53 AM   #9
OhToodles2
Mouseketeer
 
OhToodles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 84

I so sorry, I hope it gets cleared up asap.
OhToodles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
Poohbug
Sherlocked
 
Poohbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,947

It takes forever to get a credit issued on a credit card. I have no idea why it takes so long-it just does. We had problems at a hotel on our vacation in January and it is just now being resolved. It usually takes at least six weeks.
__________________
Me , DH , DS Star Wars Fanatic, DS Ipod Fanatic and
DS the artist
Poohbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
MassDisLovers
A dream is a wish your heart makes....
 
MassDisLovers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 1,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeblack View Post
Thanks for your replies. It really feels like home here in the DIS. The statement says I had a ship credit of about 1500. I tried to spend as much as I could, believe me, but all I could spend with drinks and gifts was about 700. THe written statement I got in my stateroom says I have an ´´Accounts payable´´ of about 800. It also says that the records show that DCL has a credit card on file and therefore I should not stop by guest services to settle any remaining balance. Still I did stop by GS and was told that any balance in my favor would go back to my credit card. I talked to my credit card company and there is no credit (also there are no charges by Disney, but there should be an $800 credit). What baffles me the most is the lack of information from all the people I have talked to. It feels like some third world country´s bureaucratic institution (I should know, I live in Ecuador ) where they send you back and forth between employees and noone cares enough to give a solution. That certainly is not what one expects from Disney trying to do damage control and satisfy customers. I sent the email yesterday. I hope I get some kind of non-automated reply.
I, too was on that cruise and booked with DVC points. I was told that the remaining balance on my shipboard account would be sent in the form of a check, NOT credited to the credit card I had on my shipboard account. To date I have not yet received a check.
__________________
Carnival Fantasy 8/1992- the "Hurricane Andrew cruise"! ** Disney Magic 2/2002- Eastern ** Disney Magic 4/2004 - Western ** RCI Mariner of the Seas 4/2005 ** Carnival Celebration 8/2005 ** Carnival Liberty 4/2006 * Disney Magic 12/2006 - special Christmas cruise ** RCI Adventure of the Seas 4/2007 ** Disney Magic 4/2008 - Western ** Disney Magic 2/2010 - Eastern **RCI Monarch of the Seas 1/2011 ** Disney Wonder 8/9/11 - Alaska ** RCI Freedom of the Seas 3/2013 ** Disney Wonder 5/2014- California Coast **Disney's Magic Music Days 1999, 2003, & 2007 **Disneyland 1993, 2006, 2007 & 2010 *** Walt Disney World - too many trips to count !***
DVC members since 1992~ OKW & BDWK
MassDisLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
Joeblack
Proud DVC Member
 
Joeblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Posts: 702

That is some good information MassDIslover. As soon as (and if I) receive a response from Disney, I will post the result here. I will never forget the disappointment faces of my kids when we were told that there was no cruise (mine and DW were pretty long too). Of course it wasn´t all Disney fault but they should have made sure that this issue was resolved propmt and efficiently not only in paper.
I will keep you posted. Thanks for your replies. Gotta love the DIS.
Joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:10 PM   #13
5lilfish
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeblack View Post
That is some good information MassDIslover. As soon as (and if I) receive a response from Disney, I will post the result here. I will never forget the disappointment faces of my kids when we were told that there was no cruise (mine and DW were pretty long too). Of course it wasn´t all Disney fault but they should have made sure that this issue was resolved propmt and efficiently not only in paper.
I will keep you posted. Thanks for your replies. Gotta love the DIS.
Did you cancel the cruise? At first I thought you missed the first day (so did we) but now that I realized you said how disappointed your kids were that there was no cruise, I think I misunderstood. My kids rolled with the missed day without any problems but they would have been extremely disappointed if we didn't get to go at all too.

Jess
5lilfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #14
Joeblack
Proud DVC Member
 
Joeblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Quito, Ecuador
Posts: 702

No. Of course we did take the 6 day cruise and loved every minute of it. No complaints about anything there. The dissapointment face I talk about is the one we all had when we arrived to the port, there was no ship and were told that they had no more information, we should head to epcot where we would be briefed as to what would happen. There, in Epcot, with 23 mickey bars and 10 bags of popcorn inside kids started enjoying themselves, especially when it was finally anounced the ship would be on dock the next day. My complaint here is that if they offered a refund they should have made sure that it was processed, and if there was a misunderstanding, there should be a person to talk to that can give some information or at least know what passengers from the February 13th cruise are talking about when they call.
Joeblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
5lilfish
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeblack View Post
No. Of course we did take the 6 day cruise and loved every minute of it. No complaints about anything there. The dissapointment face I talk about is the one we all had when we arrived to the port, there was no ship and were told that they had no more information, we should head to epcot where we would be briefed as to what would happen. There, in Epcot, with 23 mickey bars and 10 bags of popcorn inside kids started enjoying themselves, especially when it was finally anounced the ship would be on dock the next day. My complaint here is that if they offered a refund they should have made sure that it was processed, and if there was a misunderstanding, there should be a person to talk to that can give some information or at least know what passengers from the February 13th cruise are talking about when they call.
Yeah...once I went back and re-read, I realized that you did go on the cruise (but I had to leave to pick my kids up from school so I could not go back and edit my post).

My kids loved the pavilion in Epcot too.

It would certainly be nice if DCL would know what you were talking about when you called...frustrating. I actually have to remind my DH to check and see if our refund went through yet. We paid, in installments, using 3 different methods...so I have no idea which on will be credited.

Jess
5lilfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cruise, february 13 2010, magic, refund, stranded



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you couldn't cruise Disney, which cruise line would you choose? ReneeQ Disney Cruise Line Forum 47 11-04-2005 02:53 PM
What cruise do you prefer aboard the Disney Cruise Line? soccercruiser87 Community Board 3 10-24-2004 06:17 PM
should i pay double for Disney cruise line versus royal caribbean cruise line KANSAS Disney Cruise Line Forum 19 06-07-2004 06:24 PM
Disney Cruise Line bumps all people off Oct 28th cruise.....Updated:response from DCL Nick@ VB+OKW Purchasing DVC 49 05-05-2004 03:49 PM
Disney Cruise line cancels Oct 28th cruise for more $$$ Nick@ VB+OKW Disney Rumors and News 15 04-28-2004 05:01 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.