Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #46
scully0318
growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

hey ffm--we're in hampton and my husband just started w/ poq fire (sta 2)!
scully0318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #47
kyirish25
DIS Veteran

Fish Extender

For those interested in doing the fish extender, we will continue sign-ups until Friday, Feb 18th. This will give everyone participating 6 weeks to get their goodies together.

So far I have the following participants:
paraflier
kyirish25
CelticPrncss
scully0318
MaryLynne
MartDM
gomagic

Last edited by kyirish25; 01-24-2011 at 01:51 PM.
kyirish25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #48
MartDM
DIS Veteran

We'd like to participate in the FE! Thanks for coordinating!

Martha
MartDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #49
MaryLynne
Earning My Ears

Started working on our FE. I am doing the "no sew" version. I don't even own a sewing machine.

Anyone else out there getting excited? I can't wait!!!
MaryLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #50
kyirish25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLynne View Post
Started working on our FE. I am doing the "no sew" version. I don't even own a sewing machine.

Anyone else out there getting excited? I can't wait!!!
I'm right there with you on not being able to sew. I ordered one off Etsy and can't wait for it to arrive.

We are so sick of all this snow and can't wait for the cruise!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #51
darinb66
Earning My Ears

Smile Add us to the list to cruise...

Hi there,
This will be our very first cruise. We are very excited but still nervous too.
It will be me, my husband, our 13 year old daughter Courtney and our 6 year old daughter Bella.
I know that my younger daughter will be fine once she gets intop her age group fun area but my teenager is very shy and is not really excited to go to the teen area...that will change as she feels comfortable. I am hoping that she will meet someone on thedis boards before we cruise.

Also, my 13 year old gets motion sick from car rides that are more than an hour long. What do ytou suggest we do for her? Or do you not notice the shipo is moving?

We haven't planned any extra activities yet as we have no clue what the areas are like and how safe it is to go inland too far. We will start trying to plan a few things such as snorking, swimming with the dolphins, etc.

Does anyone have a clue what the weather will be like? What type of clothing to pack?

Thanks,
Amy
darinb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #52
kyirish25
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinb66 View Post
Hi there,
This will be our very first cruise. We are very excited but still nervous too.
It will be me, my husband, our 13 year old daughter Courtney and our 6 year old daughter Bella.
I know that my younger daughter will be fine once she gets intop her age group fun area but my teenager is very shy and is not really excited to go to the teen area...that will change as she feels comfortable. I am hoping that she will meet someone on thedis boards before we cruise.

Also, my 13 year old gets motion sick from car rides that are more than an hour long. What do ytou suggest we do for her? Or do you not notice the shipo is moving?

We haven't planned any extra activities yet as we have no clue what the areas are like and how safe it is to go inland too far. We will start trying to plan a few things such as snorking, swimming with the dolphins, etc.

Does anyone have a clue what the weather will be like? What type of clothing to pack?

Thanks,
Amy
Welcome!

I'm not really familiar with what works best on the motion sickness. I know they do make a children's version of the pills and they also have wrist band type things to help. I would ask your pharmacist to help you out with what would be best for your daughter.

Suzcruz also has a daughter that is 13, so maybe send her a private message to see about getting your daughters in contact with each other.

The areas Disney takes you into are as safe as anything here. We always book our excursions through Disney just to have that extra comfort level on safety. We are doing the "Island Tour and Snorkeling with Stingrays" on Grand Cayman and "Dolphin Swim at Dolphinaris" on Cozumel.

The weather should be very nice in April, with averages in mid-80's.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #53
suzcruz
Mouseketeer

Welcome amy, my DD is 13 too & kind of shy also, maybe we can exchange email addresses, you can pm me. I just was on the 2 day Wonder cruise & my DD liked (but did not love) the new Edge club. She spent most of her time in the pools but went at night (late nights-things get started there around 10 pm).

I would not be too worried about safety because only one of the stops is Mexico. I have done both disney excursions and on my own, liked both, but if you are a newbie, you may want to stick with disney for peace of mind.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #54
gomagic
Go Bucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinb66 View Post
Hi there,
We went the same time last year and the weather was beautiful!
Old 01-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #55
i<3castawaycay123
Jesus Freak and proud of it! :)

Hey! I'm Chloe and this will be my 5th cruise (the ticker on the bottom is for our November cruise) I will be going with my aunt, uncle & cousin. Can't wait!

we are not trying to entertain the critics. i'll take my chances with the public. - walt disney

Last edited by i<3castawaycay123; 01-29-2011 at 09:41 PM.
i<3castawaycay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #56
BeccaBelle
Earning My Ears

Hi! We just booked this cruise tonight!
This is our first time on the Magic. We cruised the 4 day on the Wonder in 2009.
We flew the last time but have decided to drive from Ky. this time.
Those going will be my FIL, MIL, myself, my husband and our two girls (ages 5 and 6)
I think the FE sounds like a great idea but wondering if I can get it all ready in time. Haven't done one before. If anyone has any helpful tips about creating one, please send them my way (I don't know how to sew other than putting buttons on)
So excited and can't believe how close we are already to going!

4 night Bahamian 3/29/09 - 4/2/09 on Wonder
7-night W. Caribbean 4/2/11 - 4/9/11 on Magic
BeccaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #57
MartDM
DIS Veteran

Welcome to the group BeccaBelle! I'm also "craftiness challenged" and so I'll be buying my FE.

Several folks here recommended the ones done by gradysmommy on ebay (also a DISer from what I understand). I looked at her options and they are incredibly nice for the price she charges; tons of custom embroidery and personalization!

If you don't want to purchase, there are several threads about them and how to make them with shoe holder bags or some scrap fabric and hemming tape and things like that. Just do a search for Fish Extender or FE and you'll find lots of info on them.
MartDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:35 PM   #58
darinb66
Earning My Ears

Suzcruz

Hi there,
I would like the girls to maybe communicate through email before we cruise so they can get to know each other. I am not sure how to "PM" somebody. LOL.

And, BeccaBelle...My daughter is 6 yeras old also. I'm happy to see another child her age. And your 5 year old so close in age to my daughter.

We plan to order a fish extender from Ebay. Do we hang it on our door and then someone leaves goodies inside? That is what we hear.

Amy

Last edited by darinb66; 01-31-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: add ons
darinb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #59
gomagic
Go Bucks!

I hope everyone is having a great day. Right now I am sitting at work staring out the window and looking at the snow thinking about how I wish this cruise could get here a little quicker.

On another note, I got an email today from DCL telling me "Great news! You've successfully booked your Disney cruise!". My first thought was hello, DCL I haven't booked a cruise recently. Turns out it was for this cruise. We switched to this cruise from the Eastern the week before it back in July and now we receive the email.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:12 AM   #60
paraflier
Mouseketeer

AHHHHHH!!!!! 2 months!! 2 months, 2 months, 2 months!!! WOO HOO!! Just a little excited here. LOL

Tags
caribbean, magic, western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: