Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #886
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall View Post
everyone!

I've been slacking on my DIS addiction for the past month or so, but I just wanted to welcome all the new people to the group!

Just so everyone is aware, we have a very fun group (which has been a bit slow lately, but should be picking up now that we are quickly approaching summer and free time starts to return) over in the "Singles Social Club" threads. Feel free to join us over there for random chat about anything and everything with your fellow singles. We're even working on a couple DISMeets over the next few months if you'd care to join us. (A west coast "Regional" meet sometime this summer or early fall...likely at Disneyland.... a Bigger Meet on Oct 13th for Food and Wine (and other fun) at WDW... and an East Coast Regional Meet sometime this summer.... still working on where this year. [Last Year's East Coast meet was at Hershey Park in Central PA.... may do that again or may decide on something else]).

So you can always jump on over to that thread as well... chat with other fun (and sometimes crazy) people... and even join us at a meet or two (or 3)!

I would love to be able to come to an East Coast Meet.

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR

1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #887
DISMiss85
Earning My Ears

Hi

Hi I wanted to introduce myself. I'm Nicole, I'm 26(going to be 27 next week), I live in Illinois, am single and most importantly am a HUGE Disney fan!
DISMiss85 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #888
donkortajr
Mouseketeer

Hi Nicole,
Your just a little north of me. drop me a msg if you ever want to chat about Disney or anything else.

Don

January 2011 - Bay Lake Tower, August 2009 - SSR, October 2008 - Polynesian Resort, January 2006 - All Star Music, March 2004 - Contemporary Resort - North Garden (R.I.P.), June 2002 - Day trip to WDW Magic Kingdom, January 2001 - Day Trip to Disneyland, June 2000 - Contemporary Resort - Main Tower, August 1997 - Polynesian Resort, May 1994 - Contemporary Resort - Main Tower,March 1991 - Day trip to Disneyland, June 1986 - Contemporary Resort - Main Tower
donkortajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #889
DISMiss85
Earning My Ears

Great to meet you Don! I'm always up for talking Disney!!

I also realized that there is a form on here for personal info... here's mine:

First Name: Nicole

Sex: Female

Hair/Eye Color: Brown hair and brown eyes

Body Type: Winnie the Pooh and proud of it

Ethnicity: White

Do you have any kids: No, but would like to someday... have a 6yr old niece that I help take care of so I'm a second mom in some ways.

Do you have any pets: Yes, a yorkipoo named Cinnamon

Favorite activities: I love to watch movies, write, read, draw, paint...etc.

Favorite movie: Anything Disney!! lol I love a lot of different movies... not a fan of horror though.

Favorite color(s): Green

Favorite Disney character(s): Donald Duck(because he is so cute when he's angry), Stitch, Winnie the Pooh and my girl Tinkerbell(who doesn't love a lady with an attitude!)

A little bit about yourself: I am a sweet and sensative girl. I have a very loving heart. I take care of all those around me. I love to laugh and can be very goofy and sarcastic. I also help take care of my niece who has Down syndrome. She has taught me to live life to the fullest.

A little bit about your ideal match: He should be sweet and funny. Obviously has to love Disney!! Especially since it's my eventual dream to get married in WDW! Basically he needs to be Prince Charming and Goofy all in one!
DISMiss85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #890
Chad819
Earning My Ears

First Name: Chad

Sex: M

Hair/Eye Color:Brown/Brown

Body Type: Average

Ethnicity: white

Do you have any kids:no

Do you have any pets: 2 cats

Favorite activities: Soccer, traveling, games, movies

Favorite movies: UHF, Dragonheart, Fireproof, Gettysburg.
Disney Movies: Lion King, Monsters Inc

Favorite color(s): Blue

Favorite Disney character(s): Goofy

A little bit about yourself: Am a Christian and actively involved in the church. Currently back in school getting my degree in elementary education.

A little bit about your ideal match: A Christian girl that is easy going, sincere, sweet, and honest.
Chad819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #891
CptJackSparrowsGirl
LOKI'D [Kailey]

First Name: Kailey

Sex: Female

Hair/Eye Color: Hazel (I think)

Body Type: Full Figured, (trying to play more Kinect workouts like Star Wars).

Ethnicity: Caucasian.

Do you have any kids: No kids, but I hope one day to be blessed with some after I get married.

Do you have any pets: I don't at this time, but I've had a cat, dogs, rabbit, fish, and hope to have another pet in the future.

Favorite activities: I love to draw, paint, watch movies and tv, surf the net, play video games, read, listen to music (Pretty much everything but rap), go to church, hang with my friends, keeping my eyes and ears open for fun activities.

Favorite movie: Favorite Disney Movie would be the Pirates of the Caribbean Series and Nightmare Before Christmas. Non-Disney Movie would be the Twilight Saga and many more.

Favorite color(s): I love different shades of red.

Favorite Disney character(s): Captain Jack Sparrow, Jack Skellington, Stitch, Lilo, Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, Doormouse, Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Pascel, etc.

A little bit about yourself: I go to church when ever I can. I love to hang out with my friends. I also have a passion for different movies (I love watching them for their different things the create and make you feel, see, and imagine). I love drawing and hope to make art my job. I love listening to different kinds of music. It can go from hard rock to Disney Music to Christian Music. My favorite bands are My Chemical Romance , Flyleaf, Emery, Red, Josh Groban, etc. I love the Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtracks and the different Nightmare Before Christmas ones as well. I also love the song "I See The Light" sung by Rapunzel and Flynn in Tangled.

My favorite Video Games of late to play are Assassin's Creed Series and Halo Reach.

My Favorite TV shows are Pysch, Grimm, Doctor Who, SHERLOCK, etc.

My Favorite YouTube shows are Red Vs Blue, RT Shorts, Achievement Hunter, and The Joker Blogs.

A little bit about your ideal match: I'd love to meet a fellow Christian. Anything else that is even related to what I enjoy would be a bonus. No one can really spell out their ideal match and hope to get it. I believe that who ever the Lord sends me will be perfect in my eyes in the end even if we don't agree or like the same things lol.
I just hope his a man that can handle having a girl that likes to play things like Halo Reach and watch things ranging form Disney to Red vs. Blue.
If anyone has any questions please do send me a pm, don't be shy

| 1st Trip - POP Century Sept. 2004 | 2nd Trip - POP Century Nov. 2007 | 3rd Trip - Caribbean Beach Mar. 2009 |
~ | 4th Trip Coronado Springs Resort March 2013!! | ~
CptJackSparrowsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #892
andysomma1
Mouseketeer

Last edited by andysomma1; 01-21-2013 at 02:03 PM.
andysomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #893
OCD for WD
Mouseketeer

First Name: Kimberly
Sex: F
Hair/Eye Color: Blondish/Brown
Body Type: average/petite
Ethnicity: causasian (German - beer drinking genes)
Do you have any kids: no, couldn't afford to cruise as much with children
Do you have any pets: no, they don't clean up after themselves
Favorite activities: Disney cruises (just finished #7)
Favorite movie: many old classics like Animal House, Blues Brothers, etc
Favorite color(s): Tarheel Blue
Favorite Disney character(s): Daisy
A little bit about yourself: I joke around about being a princess or a diva but unless I'm in my tiara on formal night I'm the most low maintenance person I know. Or unless it's March Madness - don't get between me and the tv!
A little bit about your ideal match: I just want someone to be myself with. I'm an independent person and want the same in my match but I want to be able to travel with someone and share my experiences.

OCD for WD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #894
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

everyone!

Just another friendly reminder to check out the Singles Social Club thread. It's a nice place to chat/get to know your fellow Disney Singles without cluttering up this profiles thread. Best of all, we are all really friendly over there, and incredibly random so you can just jump right into the conversation without really needing to catch up first.

We are also working on planning a couple meets over the next couple months which might be fun and a great way meet up and hang out with your Disney friends. There is a big meet being planned for the Weekend of Oct 13th at WDW, plus a couple Regional meets being put together for the East coast (possibly HersheyPark in july or august) and West Coast (Disneyland!).

Soooo... Come join us! pull up a chair. Pour yourself a drink! And have some fun!
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #895
ludari
DIS Veteran

Hi Kimberly! I remember you from the TA 2010 cruise. Your cabin was across from mine (almost) and your dinning table was next to mine. I'm on the west coast but I travel to WDW and I just completed my fifth Disney cruise. Let's chat.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014

Last edited by ludari; 05-24-2012 at 09:07 AM.
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #896
ludari
DIS Veteran

Hi Kimberly! I remember you from the TA 2010 cruise. Your cabin was across from mine (almost) and your dinning table was next to mine. I'm on the west coast but I travel to WDW often and I just completed my fifth Disney cruise. Let's chat.[/QUOTE]
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014

ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #897
DisneyMom831
Mouseketeer

Hi All!

First Name: Emily

Sex:F

Hair/Eye Color:Blue eyes, brown/blonde hair depending on my mood

Body Type:Full Figured

Ethnicity:Caucasian

Do you have any kids:Yep, three of them

Do you have any pets:No

Favorite activities:Spending time with my family, scary movies, traveling, reading

Favorite movie:Disney: Beauty and the Beast Non Disney: The Shawshank Redemption

Favorite color(s):Pink

Favorite Disney character(s):Rapunzel, Eeyore

A little bit about yourself: Laid back single mom to three wonderful little girls. Work as an RN which I adore. Love to travel. Kind of shy at first.

A little bit about your ideal match: I guess I will figure it out when I mean him
Old 05-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #898
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I hate posting stuff like this on a forum where anyone who knows my username (which granted aren't many) can see..but what the heck. It's worth a shot.

First Name: Alyssa

Sex:F

Hair/Eye Color: Black curly hair, brown eyes

Body Type: 5'3", cute and fluffy

Ethnicity:Caucasian with a little spice thrown in (honestly all I was ever told was "something from the middle east")

Do you have any kids: No

Do you have any pets: Yes, 2 cats

Favorite activities:I read constantly, particularly tv shows, tiedye and other assorted crafts, baking.

Favorite movie: A selection would be Nightmare Before Christmas, Lilo and Stitch, Sweeney Todd, Month Python and the Holy Grail, Jurassic Park, most of the Harry Potters.

Favorite color(s):Black, red, and purple

Favorite Disney character(s):Stitch, Flower, Jack Skellington

A little bit about yourself: I could easily be descriped as "quirky". I tend to spout off random facts in conversation, look at things a little differently than most. I don't like to talk to everyone, but when I find someone that I can talk to it's hard to get me to shut up. I'm bot intense and mellow. I like to go out but a movie, blanket and pizza can be just as great.

A little bit about your ideal match: Someone who makes me feel comfortable in my own skin, who can take the good with the bad, who can make me laugh. It comes across as shallow but I don't think it's wrong to say I need to be attracted to someone. That doesn't mean only one type of guy is attractive though. I suppose it comes down to I want the Mickey to my Minnie, the Jack to my Sally, the Will to my Elizabeth, the Sweeney Todd to my Mrs Lovett (although that implies I'm willing to cook people into pies so take that as you may)
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #899
shannon1219
DIS Veteran

First Name: Shannon
Sex: F
Hair/Eye Color: Brown
Body Type: Average
Ethnicity:White
Do you have any kids: 17 year old daughter
Do you have any pets: 2 dogs 1 cat
Favorite activities:traveling, camping, going to Disney
Favorite movie:All Disney movies
Favorite color(s):Pink
Favorite Disney character(s): Eeyore
A little bit about yourself: I of course love Disney and go whenever possible. I also love to travel and see new places and meet new people. I love to be outdoors so camping is one of my favorite things. I try to make a few trips to the beach and the mountains yearly. I plan to move to Florida when my daughter graduates high school.
A little bit about your ideal match:I want someone that shares the same interests as me and of course loves Disney.
/ WL MNSSHP- OCT 2006 / POP- JUNE 2007 / FIRST EVER DL TRIP SEPT 2007/ POP- JUNE 2008 / CSR DEC 2008 / POP MNSSHP- OCT 2009/ GADGAD-October 2010/ Off site June 2011/ POP NOV 2011/ POFQ- OCT 2012/ We moved to FL

Last edited by shannon1219; 07-26-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Add info
shannon1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #900
wereallwet
Earning My Ears

First Name: Ryan
Sex: M
Hair/Eye Color: Black/Hazel
Body Type: Slim
Ethnicity:White
Do you have any kids: No
Do you have any pets: Lots of fish
Favorite activities:Amusement parks, Disney, Cars, Aquariums, Staying active.
Favorite movie:All Disney movies. Goodfellas. Titanic.
Favorite color(s):Red
Favorite Disney character(s): Mickey Mouse
A little bit about yourself: I love all amusement parks and roller coasters. I have a special love for all things Disney! I collect Disney art (wdcc,paintings,pins). I also love aquariums and fish. I love cars and going to meets. I am pretty passionate about technology and creativity as well. I have a lot of other hobbies as well, I get bored easily and like to stay active!
A little bit about your ideal match: Someone with the same interests. Down to earth, laid back and passionate about life. An active girl with a healthy lifestyle. Holler.
wereallwet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: