Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
hc88
Earning My Ears

Solo trip - from UK

Hi all,

I am an everything orlando fan, love all the parks disney, universal and seaworld parks.

Used to visit with family (as a child) and with my now ex partner.

With most my friends being coupled up or with families im considering a solo trip ahhh scary.

Wondered if anyone from the uk has done it before or has one planned? Any advice for money saving as a solo traveller. Are there any companies or groups that organise meet ups for social events or days whilst out there?

Open to all suggestions and advice. Experienced traveller to orlando as part of a group but no idea how to do it alone!

Thanks guys!
hc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #2
Skykyo
Earning My Ears

I also attempting solo in July/sept. Nothing booked yet was trying to find someone to go with first just incase I could find someone. I'm in the exact same boat as you, even from England too.

I am also very experienced too so hopefully could help each other out...I'll try and pm you if you wish to chat about it.

At the moment I have found flights for 375 through monarch way cheaper than all package prices.

James
Skykyo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2014, 04:23 AM   #3
hc88
Earning My Ears

I havent got an idea of when im going yet (nor the funds) im just fishing for ideas of is it worth doing, is it enjoyable etc

Im thinking potentially next year for my trip.

Unless i win the lottery anytime soon!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:26 AM   #4
Skykyo
Earning My Ears

O right well in that case I won't know till I go...but if you've been as much as I have then your going to go sooner or later. Everyone says it's really good so long as your open minded...monorail crawl, nightlife in citywalk, I'm creating a bucket list of solo things to do....like try a man vs food challenge hehe photobomb a family pic then buy the picture myself funny stuff like that
Old 06-30-2014, 06:39 AM   #5
hc88
Earning My Ears

Sounds great. Ive been to florida 4 time but always as a family or with my ex.

Its my favourite place in the world so im starting to get withdrawal symptoms lol!! Tried to persuade my folks but they dont wanna know lol.

Wondered if there were a group of people who regularly meet up out there or whether i could perhaps help set one up. Like a group travelling from the uk who go every couple of years and as you say have a bucket list to achieve each time.

Have fun on your trip! Any hints or tips pass my way!!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:28 AM   #6
Dutchdennis
Dutchdennis

You can use the meetup app to see if there are any planned meetings with other disney fans. Gonna use it again when i will travel to disneyworld in september.
Dutchdennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #7
hc88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchdennis View Post
You can use the meetup app to see if there are any planned meetings with other disney fans. Gonna use it again when i will travel to disneyworld in september.
. Thats great thanks!
Old 06-30-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
typewrittenwolf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skykyo View Post
O right well in that case I won't know till I go...but if you've been as much as I have then your going to go sooner or later. Everyone says it's really good so long as your open minded...monorail crawl, nightlife in citywalk, I'm creating a bucket list of solo things to do....like try a man vs food challenge hehe photobomb a family pic then buy the picture myself funny stuff like that
Okay the photobombing the family is so much fun. Particularly if you buy the copy for the family too. I did that as a solo the day of a MNSSHP and there was a little boy and his father dressed as Jedi I pretended to force choke them in the photo. It was awesome.
typewrittenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:24 PM   #9
Skykyo
Earning My Ears

Omg I bet that pic is epic! Nice one haha
Old 07-01-2014, 02:01 PM   #10
Rapunzey
Earning My Ears

I'm actually saving to go solo in October next year.

Won't lie, I'm having a lot of doubts and cold feet over it, but I'm also trying to think of it as a life experience as I'm quite shy and timid. So maybe this will bring me out of my shell a bit.
Rapunzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 02:06 PM   #11
hc88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzey View Post
I'm actually saving to go solo in October next year. Won't lie, I'm having a lot of doubts and cold feet over it, but I'm also trying to think of it as a life experience as I'm quite shy and timid. So maybe this will bring me out of my shell a bit.
Yeah i feel the same i know i could keep myself entertained when in the parks, im more apprehensive about the evenings etc and is it still as fun experiencing all the magic of the parks without someone there to share it with.

I guess we wont know until we try!
Old 07-01-2014, 02:53 PM   #12
Rapunzey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc88 View Post
Yeah i feel the same i know i could keep myself entertained when in the parks, im more apprehensive about the evenings etc and is it still as fun experiencing all the magic of the parks without someone there to share it with.

I guess we wont know until we try!
Yeah the evenings are my main concern too really. Although the parks do seem like they would be cool to experience with someone.
Rapunzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #13
hc88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzey View Post
Yeah the evenings are my main concern too really. Although the parks do seem like they would be cool to experience with someone.
the four times ive been to orlando its always been with at least one other person. Sharing the amazing things that you can see and do in the parks with someone else is what makes it so special to me personally. I just hope if and when i visit again if i am going solo i shall still have the same amazing experience.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #14
officialkt
Earning My Ears

I've got my trip booked for the first week in October..as a my first solo Disney trip I'm taking a different approach..100% Disney...no car, stay on property...take some time to experience the atmosphere and just been there...the more I read this forum...the more I can't wait
officialkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:05 AM   #15
hc88
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by officialkt View Post
I've got my trip booked for the first week in October..as a my first solo Disney trip I'm taking a different approach..100% Disney...no car, stay on property...take some time to experience the atmosphere and just been there...the more I read this forum...the more I can't wait
Sounds great only problem for me is i love seaworld and the universal parks and i dont think i could be in orlando and not go! Maybe i should just emigrate! Lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: