Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #2371
FoodLover
Founder of MouseSavers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
We stayed at the Grand Floridian for our platinum plan stay and had not one single problem, it was flawless! With that said I think just about every other person who has done it HAS run into problems.
Well, we stayed at GF for our Platinum plan and it was a MESS -- very much like hpfan100's experience. We arrived for a golf lesson and there was no reservation (turned out to have been made for a completely wrong day when we weren't even at WDW). We were charged for things that should have been included and spent hours dealing with the front desk. I could never get the IPO to return calls or help us fix anything.

I was pretty furious by the end. We did this back when it was still possible to book a 1-night Platinum Plan, and I thought perhaps the problems were related to that, but it certainly didn't make me ever want to do a longer Platinum Plan.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
FoodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #2372
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodLover View Post
Well, we stayed at GF for our Platinum plan and it was a MESS -- very much like hpfan100's experience. We arrived for a golf lesson and there was no reservation (turned out to have been made for a completely wrong day when we weren't even at WDW). We were charged for things that should have been included and spent hours dealing with the front desk. I could never get the IPO to return calls or help us fix anything.

I was pretty furious by the end. We did this back when it was still possible to book a 1-night Platinum Plan, and I thought perhaps the problems were related to that, but it certainly didn't make me ever want to do a longer Platinum Plan.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
I remember your post/trip report about the problems you had. During our September 2009 PREMIUM trip of 1 nite, we stayed at POP so there was no option of IPO to do our itinerary - and maybe that is a good thing. We had very little go wrong - once we checked in and went directly to the concierge desk at POP. We had to straighten out our CIRQUE and Spirit of Aloha tickets and double check some times, but we were room-only the night before so we didn't waste any valuable "PREMIUM" time with this.

Biggest problem we had was getting the waiter at JIKO to understand and apply the "Wine & Dine" we had added on for the night. And, in all honesty, if I had not been in the lady's room when the bill came, it would have gone more smoothly. DH had consumed most of the bottle of wine and, since he doesn't get involved in any planning, was stumped when waiter appeared with the dinner check and wanted to include the wine. By the time I got to the table, there was a LOT of tension between the two of them - and my hubby is very easy going - until I flipped out my paperwork (I print out & carry ADRs, add-ons, everything I book with me at all times during our trip) and all was fine.

The rest of our stay was split and part was Deluxe dining - and all went smoothly. Perhaps depending on the IPO (which, for the price of a Platinum Plan, one certainly should be able to so do) is a big part of the problem. I booked everything myself, and wrote down who I talked to and when, then double-checked/printed out everything the day before our flight and re-check at the concierge desk on arrival, the day before Plan began.

Yeah, I know, annual - but in cases like this it actually worked FOR me and DH has learned to 'leave me be' when I start obsessing about plans.

(SIDE NOTE: Mary, If you ever DO decide to try it again, LMK ... I love a good challenge!)

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music

Last edited by 2ofUs; 07-23-2012 at 11:35 AM.
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #2373
goodferry
DIS Veteran

Our stay was a one night platinum back 2010. We did two nights in Sugarloaf, the first night s room only and a second night on the platinum plan. The thing I didn't like was feeling like we had to run from meal to activity to meal basically, although we did lots of things we never would of and had a blast. I do wish we had rented a car that trip, I think that would have help a lot!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #2374
nikicares
Creating Memories of a Lifetime!

Home from our WDW Family Vacation on the Platinum Plan! We had a great time, and I want to say THANK YOU to all of your tips and suggestions to the sample itinerary I posted prior to our trip!

We had an amazing time, though I did end up going back to the room a few days to nap, while the hubby and daughter went back into or stayed in the parks for more 'ride' time.

Here was my proposed Itinerary and what we actually ended up doing I know that we did not use the Platinum Plan to its full potiental BUT it did give us the comfort and flexibility we wanted. The only thing I would have done differently is instead of a 6 day plan I would have done a 5 day....

We stayed at the GF (myself, my husband and our 16 yr old daughter) on the Platinum plan. A few things about my family to keep in mind - I am slightly handicapped (bone condition) so I can not do lots and lots of walking (but not wheelchair bound), and we want some time in each park to enjoy rides/shows too.

Day 1
arrived at resort (Grand Floridian) about 4pm, checked in, unpacked, and showered for dinner
5:30PM dinner at California Grill (was done by about 7pm)
- took bus to HS, rode the Rockin Roller Coaster (60min wait time) then headed to our priority seating at Fantasmic
9:00PM Fantasmic
- rode Rocking Roller coaster and Tower of Terror again after show, each wait time was under 30 mins)
- headed back to resort to call it a night

Day2
- concierge lounge breakfast starts at 7AM, then headed to MK
8:30AM Keys to Kingdom tour - had to arrive by 8AM
- tour over at 12:45, grabbed a snack (popcorn and waters)
- I headed back to room for a nap while hubby and kiddo went back to HS to ride RR and TT again!
- back at room by 5:30, shower and ready to head to MK for dinner by 6:30PM
7:00PM Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner
-rode Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear (both waits about 45mins)
10:00PM Viewing MK Fireworks - it rained but we bought ponchos and enjoyed the show. Loved the new "memories" show display on the Castle
- back to resort

Day 3
7:30AM Chef Mickey's - done by 9AM
- headed back to MK to rides for the morning/afternoon
10:30AM Spa's at Saratoga Springs - we cancelled these 24 hrs in advance - so the kiddo could have more time to enjoy the MK and rides
- I headed back to room for nap about 3PM and hubby/kiddo stayed in MK
- back at resort by 5PM
- headed to Downtown Disney - it was raining hard most of this evening - so we shopped
- picked up Cirque tix prior to dinner
7:00PM House of Blues Dinner - done by 8:30 and we went straight over to Cirque
9:00PM Cirqu Du Soleil - arrive at least 20 mins prior
- back to resort

Day 4
8:30AM Backstage Safari Tour (3 hrs) - we cancelled this as I was to tired and sore to do this if I wanted to enjoy my day/tours at EPOCT next day. Daughter was okay with this.
- slept in -ahhhhh how nice
- breakfast at Crystal Palace - walked in with no ressies
- enjoyed rides in MK then over to Animal Kingdom for a few rides
- Sammy Duval for some ski do's
- back to resort by 5pm
9:00PM Spirit of Aloha Dinner - arrived early 8PM, enjoyed our walk from GF to Poly... lots of nice places to stop for some great pics of the kiddo
- back at resort in time for MK firework show from our balcony!

Day 5
- 1st monorail to EPCOT is not until 8AM
8:30AM Around World at Epcot, Segway tour - done by 10:30. We all loved this tour, about a 1/2 hour learning to ride segway then we toured the countries by segway.
- Lunch
12:30PM Epcot Seas Aqua tour - I did the tour but not the swim part, but hubby and kiddo did full tour and LOVED it! I took pictures of them.
- did a few rides in EPCOT - Test Track closed for remodeling, loved the new Spaceship Earth
- found our family pics on the Leave A Legacy walls and took pics
- took bus to YachtClub (about 30 min bus ride)
6:30PM Yachtsman Steakhouse - my favorite dinner next to the Castle!!
8:30 Illuminations Cruise - was cancelled beacuse of the rain/thunderstorms that started while at dinner this was heartbreaking for my daughter, as the really wanted to see this show!
- early night back at resort - packed up most of things so we could go back to MK in the morning to do some last minute shopping!

Day 6
- slept in
- MK to shop and go to Confectionary for some of our favorite fudge (did you know you can buy fudge on your meal plan as a snack!!) We used up our remaining snacks (11 of them left) on fudge/cookies to bring home!
- depart at 1PM for airport

** Again I know that you all will feel that we did not use our Platinum Plan to its full potiental, but we had the freedom to make preferred dining should we have chose to do so. So it was a great way to go for us - even though we had LOTS of meals we lost... we did almost everything we wanted!

A few things I noticed to note on the PP
- each meal is only 1 point - even the Signature dinners only cost you 1 point on the PP - so you have so many extra points!
- PP you are able to get into ressie dinning fairly easy even if you dont have prior ressies
- snacks on the meal plan can include things such as Ice cream scoops in the shops, bags of snacks in the gift shops, Fudge/cookies... a lot more was available for snacks than I thought, you just look for the Dining Plan logo or ask.

We never had a problem using our Platinum Plan points or anything... but Concierge told us if we did (as not everyone knows whats available on the PP) to just do it at cost and charge to room and they would reverse any charges and clear it up for us... but we didnt have any issues at all.

This was a great family vacation... now to start getting excited for our Disney Dream 4 night Cruise (our 6th cruise on DCL) on Sept 23rd!

2000- Grand Floridian
2001- Polynesian
2002- Grand Floridian
2004 - Disney Wonder
2005 - Disney Wonder
2008 - Disney Magic
1/2011 - Disney Dream Maiden Voyage
9/2011 - Disney Dream
4/2012 - Disney Fantasy
8/2012 - Grand Floridian
9/2012 - Disney Dream
9/2013 - Disney Dream
nikicares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #2375
ajh88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We stayed at the Grand Floridian for our platinum plan stay and had not one single problem, it was flawless! With that said I think just about every other person who has done it HAS run into problems.
When we did our 1-night Platinum last August at the Poly, the *only* problem we had was with a spa reservation. The reservation was there, but somehow one of the treatments was left off and the spa supposedly did not have a technician there to do it. After some insistence on my part, it all got worked out and we got all the treatments we wanted. I did have IPO make that reservation, but I tend to think the issue may have been more with the spa itself than with the reservation.

Either way, it all worked out fine and that was the one and only snag we hit. That said, the IPO only made 2 reservations for us and I did the rest myself. I guess I'm too much of a control freak to trust my vacation to someone else, even if they work for Disney!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #2376
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

Quote:
we stayed at AKL for our Plat Pkg and had absolutely NO problems. We plan to do it again next year.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #2377
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

My 8-day Premium Plan Vacation

I spent 8 amazing days on the Premium Plan at Walt Disney World last month. This was my first trip to the resort since 2001, and my 6th trip overall. It was also my third solo trip to Walt Disney World. I was warned about many things regarding doing this plan. Mostly were the warnings about too much food, too many activities and not enough time in the parks. I chose not to heed these warnings, and am very glad I did this. Here's what my trip looked like:

Day 1 (arrival day)
Checked into POR at 8:30am after the red-eye from LAX.
10am Breakfast at Boma
11-4:30 - Animal Kingdom
2:30 - Lunch at Tusker House
7:00 - Dinner at Fulton's Crab House
9:00 - LaNouba

Day 2
8:10 - Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
9:30 - Keys To The Kingdom Tour
2:00 - Lunch at Crystal Palace
Magic Kingdom until 5pm
7:00 - Dinner at Yachtsman

Day 3
7:30 - Breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe
9-1 - Animal Kingdom
11:00 - Lunch at Yak & Yeti
1:00 - Backstage Safari Tour
5:30- Dinner at Boatright's
9p-2a Magic Kingdom w/Wishes preferred viewing and EMH

Day 4
8:30 - Ft. Wilderness Segway Tour
11:00 - Meal at Sunshine Seasons
Explore Epcot
2:30 - Lunch at Akershus
4-8 - Swimming and Sea Raycer on Sassagoula River
8:40 - Dinner at LeCellier

Day 5
7:00 Counter Service Breakfast at Hotel
7:45 - Epcot Segway Tour
10-12 - Explore Epcot
1-9 Hollywood Studios
1:30 - Lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby
7:30 - Dinner at Hollywood & Vine
8:30 0 Fantasmic! preferred seating from dinner pkg.
(Fantasmic! canceled due to rain, upgraded to VIP for following night)
9:30-12a Magic Kingdom EMH

Day 6
7:30 Breakfast at Cape May
9:00 Undiscovered Future World Tour
12:30 - Lunch at San Angel Inn
1:30-5 - R&R at hotel
6:00 Dinner at Les Chefs de France
9:00 Illuminations preferred viewing @ Italy (from earlier tour)
10:00 Fantasmic! VIP seating
10:30-1a - Hollywood Studios EMH

Day 7
7:30 Breakfast at Kona Cafe
9:00 Personal Watercraft Tour
10:00 Parasailing (two 650ft flights)
11:00 Sea Raycer on Bay Lake
1:00 Lunch at Planet Hollywood
6:30 Dinner at Narcoosee's
8-12 Epcot EMH
9:00 Illuminations preferred viewing @ Morocco (included w/plan)

Day 8
8:00 Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
9-3:30 Magic Kingdom
2:00 Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern
3:30 Leave for airport to return home

All in all, this was a fabulous trip. The only thing I missed were the waterparks. Oh well! Yes, I was very busy, but I got to enjoy everything the parks had to offer multiple times. I saw all of the main shows and parades. I did not skip anything that I wanted to see, nor did I leave Walt Disney World wishing I had more time for this, or that.

With regards to the cost of this package. My dining bill alone was around $1000. The tours, shows and recreation came out to around $1300. The Premium Plan cost me around $1250, so I ended up using more than $1000 in entitlements above the cost of the package for free. For me, this plan was the best way to go. I highly recommend the Premium Plan for anybody who can afford to splurge on their vacation, and wants to be fully-immersed in the Disney experience.
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #2378
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

sounds like you had a great time JVP...WOW 8 whole days of premium time. Sounds like a dream to me.

~~Amy~~ Me:

WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 Leakycon DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #2379
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

It's been really quiet around here since they took away our one night premium/platinum option and they keep raising the prices. I'm planning a 3 night/4 day premium plan vacation Nov 11-Nov 14. Here's my plans.

Sunday 11/11
10:00 AM Jetski Tour
11:45 Lunch at Sanaa
2:00-5:00 Minigolf at Winter Summerland
6:00-7:00 Carriage Ride x2 at Winter Summerland
7:30-9:00 Dinner @ AP

Mon
8:00 Early Breakfast at the Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe
10:00 Jetski Tour
11:00 Parasailing
1:30 Fishing from Contemporary
5:40 First Dinner at CA Grill (Eating just alittle of it and bring most of it back)
7:45 Second Dinner at Narcrosses (See above)

Tues
8:00-9:00 EMH at EPCOT
9:30-12:30 Segway Tour at Epcot
12:50 Lunch at Le Cellier
Enjoy Epcot for the day
6:00 Dinner at Flying Fish
9:00 Reserved Illuminations

Wed
8:30-10:30 Segway Tour from FORT
11:45 Lunch at Fultons
1:30-3:30 Fishing at DTD
6:00-7:30 Cirque
8:30 Dinner at Jiko

The next day I plan on not eating much and sleeping in. I know that having 2 dinners one right after another is nuts but I really want to try these signature restaurants and not stay out too late b/c I got an early morning on Tuesday. Most of the food I will be taking back with me to eat as leftovers.
sarahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #2380
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

yes - the fun commando element is gone now. Who wants to relax on holiday?? A couple of questions for you below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahgirl View Post
It's been really quiet around here since they took away our one night premium/platinum option and they keep raising the prices. I'm planning a 3 night/4 day premium plan vacation Nov 11-Nov 14. Here's my plans.

Sunday 11/11
10:00 AM Jetski Tour Is this at 10am? Mine was at 9am and it was the only time offered.
11:45 Lunch at Sanaa I'm gonna assume you are driving. If you are over at AK have you considered the AK backstage tour?
2:00-5:00 Minigolf at Winter Summerland
6:00-7:00 Carriage Ride x2 at Winter Summerland
7:30-9:00 Dinner @ AP Would you swap this with Cali Grill - then you can see the firewks from the platform

Mon
8:00 Early Breakfast at the Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe
10:00 Jetski Tour see time qu above
11:00 Parasailing
1:30 Fishing from Contemporary You could do the 11:30am Fort segway here (not too hot in Nov) and do fishing later in the afternoon. Then your Wed Morning would be free for something
5:40 First Dinner at CA Grill (Eating just alittle of it and bring most of it back)
7:45 Second Dinner at Narcrosses (See above) Maybe make this a bit later?

Tues
8:00-9:00 EMH at EPCOT
9:30-12:30 Segway Tour at Epcot
12:50 Lunch at Le Cellier
Enjoy Epcot for the day What about "Behind the Seeds" tour?
6:00 Dinner at Flying Fish
9:00 Reserved Illuminations

Wed
8:30-10:30 Segway Tour from FORT I really loved this!
11:45 Lunch at Fultons
8:30 Dinner at Jiko

The next day I plan on not eating much and sleeping in. I know that having 2 dinners one right after another is nuts Your choice!but I really want to try these signature restaurants and not stay out too late b/c I got an early morning on Tuesday. Most of the food I will be taking back with me to eat as leftovers.

Last edited by Sugarglider; 10-06-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #2381
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

10AM is when the jetski tour is offered in Nov. Called Sammy's and confirmed it. I'm going to guess because it is colder therefore they want to wait a bit. They also close at 4PM instead of 5 like they do in the summer. It's amazing how quickly I change my mind. I've already tried about a million configurations of the schedule and have changed it already. The reason I'm doing back to back reservations on Monday like that is because I want to try both those places and I know that I can get the sushi wrapped up to go after I taste it. I purposely am not eating lunch that day so hopefully I will be hungerier. CA Grill and Narcrosses are hard reservations to come by and I wanted to get that reservation because they are having the special Holiday Wishes that night that I want to check out at 9:00. I also dont want to stay out too late that night.

I only have the minimum 1 day non park hopper ticket so thats why I am limited to what I can do and I really dont want to spend too much extra money buying hoppers when park hours are limited this week. I also want to have some park time since the only other time I will be in an actual park otherwise will be the day after my package when I have MVMCP.

So here is my new schedule. As you can see there is alot of jetsking and fishing, I found that when I last did the premium plan that these 2 activities were my favs and I wnted to spend more time focused on them.

Sunday:
8:30-1:30 KTTK
3:50-5:00 CRT
8:00-9:30 Dinner at AP
10:00-12:00 EMH at MK

Monday:
8:00 Breakfast somewhere
10-11 Jetski tour
11:00-12:00 Parasailing
12-1:30 break
1:30-3:30 Fishing at Contempary
5:40- Dinner at CA Grill
7:45- Dinner at Narcosses

Tuesday:
8:30-10:30 Segway @ Fort (I dont have a car but the ferry from Contempary to Fort begins at 645 so I plan to take the first bus to MK and then walk to Contemp and take the ferry to Fort, I should have plenty of time.)
12:00-1:00 Lunch at Raglan Road
1:30-2:30 Take bus to Boardwalk
2:30-5:00 Boat rental
6:00 Flying Fish
8:00 Minigolf at Fantasia Gardens

Wednesday:
10:00-11:00 Jetski tour
12:00 Lunch at Fultons
3:30-5:00 Boat rental if I feel like it
9:00 Dinner at JIKO

So there you go. Complete change of plans for the 2 days but I really dont feel like doing 2 segway tours. Of course this is subject to change if better dining reservations come available or I change my mind again.
sarahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #2382
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

sarahgirl- looks like you have loads of fun water activities planned.

BF suggestion- The Wave over at Cont. (they have a buffet for 20 bucks and sweet potato pancakes...YUMMY!!!) Plus it's close to parasailing and the other water stuff.

For the back to back dinner...I did that too and it was ok...packed up desserts and leftovers for later. Maybe you can move the CA grill up to 5 which would give you some more travel time.

~~Amy~~ Me:

WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 Leakycon DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #2383
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Wondering why you didn't chose the very first Bass Fishing tour of the morning? That is what we did and I got some amazing pictures of the sunrise over the water, as well as the 'sleeping' resorts (FW, GF, Poly). It was so peaceful and we caught (and released) quite a few fish. Also, the write-up when we went (2010) said there was coffee & lite breakfast served - NOT! There is one CM who both runs the boat and supervises your fishing. Still, an amazingly unique morning experience, especially since that is when fish (and lots of birds) feed.

Switching that with your other water activities and allowing time for a nice breakfast after fishing, might work well.

As for the Segway tour, if you are only doing one I would strongly encourage it to be the one inside Epcot. I understand about the 1 day ticket, but the difference in what you will see and do on the tours are quite different. FW is off-road and mostly through wooded areas. Nice, but not nearly as 'cool' as zipping around World Showcase!

Just some thoughts. Also, I don't do desserts much, so I always ordered the cheese plates (boxed-to-go)in place of them - really great to take back to your room and they last well.

One last thing. If you are staying at AKL, have you checked into the Wanyama Safari? 4pm daily, limited to 12 people, jeep style tour of all 4 savannas followed by special dinner at Jiko. AMAZING experience. I know it is limited to AKL guests and MIGHT be just for concierge - I know Sunrise Safari is - but it would be worth checking out. They do fill up quite fast, though, so may be too late. We are staying at AKL club level 11/6 & 7, then POP until 11/14. Wave if you see us!

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music

Last edited by 2ofUs; 10-08-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #2384
jvptravels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofUs

As for the Segway tour, if you are only doing one I would strongly encourage it to be the one inside Epcot. I understand about the 1 day ticket, but the difference in what you will see and do on the tours are quite different. FW is off-road and mostly through wooded areas. Nice, but not nearly as 'cool' as zipping around World Showcase!
I disagree. I did both Segway tours in August. Each has it's benefits. But there's more touring time on the Wilderness adventure tour. The off-road Segways are more fun as well.
jvptravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #2385
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

WDW has expanded the Epcot Segway tour to 3 hours, named it "Keep Moving Forward" and now include a breakfast without increasing the cost, it could be a very different experience. I'm sure it is a matter of preference as we enjoyed both, but felt the thrill of Segway a bit more at Epcot. We have done them now in many other cities and it is different in each, but memorable everywhere.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: