Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #2356
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Begining last January, the restriction is Deluxe for Platinum/any level for Premium, but must pay rack-rate, have at least a 1 day pass, and book for 3-days. Kind of a bummer, but that's how it is. If you cancel the days, they will either charge you for the activities/reservations or you'll have to cancel them.

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #2357
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsi53 View Post
I have an upcoming reservation booked for the Fall- more than 45 days out- and was wondering what would happen, or really if it's possible to cancel several days of the reservation so that we only have one premium night remaining. I saw that there is a rule now about booking 3 night minimums for premium so I'm not sure if we'd lose the reservation altogether?

When did this become a rule for the 3 nights?
What do you think- is it worth a shot or no?

Thanks!
Hmmm .... I doubt they would allow this. The 3 day rule started at the beginning of 2012. So I suspect you'll find the computers are set up to only allow the package over 3 days. All you can do is ring and ask however as it is a condition of booking the package I doubt Disney will agree.
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #2358
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofthreemen View Post
Hi everyone!! I am usually just a lurker but this topic is a big part of my life at the moment. We leave in 17 days for 8 nights/9 days Beach club with the Platinum plan. It will be just me and DH for our 30th anniversary. We are not planning a lot of ride time so here we go.....

Day one
1:30 pm Brown Derby
5:15 Spirit of Aloha --DH loves the pineapple
10pm Preferred viewing Wishes

Day 2
9am Richard Petty for me (life long dream)
12:30 Via Nipoli
4pm Cap'n Jacks
6pm Cirque Du Soleil
9pm Fulton's

Day3
8:05 Tusker house
5pm Wave
Port orleans carrige ride
9:15 Flying Fish

Day4
7:30 Captain's Grille
9am Backstage Magic Tour
5:50 Yachtsman
9 Illuminations

Day 5 Anniversary Day
8:20 Crystal Palace
10 Bass Fishing excursions for DH
11 Spa for me
5:30 Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table

Day 6
7:45 Around the world Segway tour
noon Coral Reef
5:30 Narcoossee's
9:00 Wishes Cruise

Day 7
8am Cape May Cafe
9:45 Dolphins in Depth
2:30 Le Cellier
6:30 Kouzzina

Day 8
8:30 Backstage Safari Tour
12:30 Rainforest Cafe
4:30 Garden Grill
7:50 California Grill

Day 9
8:05 Royal Table
4pm Le Cellier
9pm Fantasmic
Head home. Someone may need to "Roll" us to the Jeep after all the food!!!

I think I have left time for Sammy duval.... park time....Stormalong Bay...
I know you said you weren't planning on a lot of "ride time" but I think you have too many ADRs too close together. The average TS meal takes 90 minutes. On days 2 and 8 you have 3 ADRs within 10 hours of each other. By the time you get to that 3rd ADR, you will be dreading it. Day 7 you have two big meals 4 hours apart. Considering that you likely won't finish the first meal until 4:00, will you really want to be heading to another restaurant in less than 2 hours? I really think you need to re-work those ADRs. I'm sure you want to hit all these "must do restaurants," but you won't enjoy it if you're so full that nothing on the menu sounds good.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #2359
Mary2e
DIS Veteran

When on either the premium or platinum plan, room service for breakfast can be your best friend. Order it the night before and it's delivered at the time you specify.

I even used it for a dinner once. It goes a long way to freeing up your time.
Mary2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #2360
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Day one
1:30 pm Brown Derby - great food, but you won't be done until maybe 3. Allowing time to get to POLY, you'll be going right from one wonderful, filling meal to a HUGE spread at SoA! Maybe you could do HBD much earlier or skip it.
5:15 Spirit of Aloha --DH loves the pineapple
10pm Preferred viewing Wishes Preferred viewing for Wishes is basically an area between the Plaza restaurant and the castle that has a lot of trees blocking your view of the castle. During the day it is a smoking area. We found it very difficult to actually find a place to stand where we could see anything but the fireworks.

Day 2
9am Richard Petty for me (life long dream)
12:30 Via Nipoli
4pm Cap'n Jacks Again - too many meals too close together. We did the Premium plan on a 1 nite stay in 2010 and were so stuffed we took the day after off from parks and ate very little. Unless you are normally HUGE eaters you may get sick of eating within the first couple of days. Perhaps enjoy Via Napoli, grab a snack if you need something to hold you over through Cirque (we LOVE this show) and enjoy Fulton's after?
6pm Cirque Du Soleil
9pm Fulton's

Day3
8:05 Tusker house
5pm Wave
Port orleans carrige ride
9:15 Flying Fish Better meal spacing here, though still a lot of food - but very GOOD food in all these places. You must be driving? On this day you start at AK, have lunch at Contemporary, take a carriage ride in Port Orleans, then have dinner on the Boardwalk - very doable with car but tight w/WDW transportation.

Day4
7:30 Captain's Grille
9am Backstage Magic Tour This tour includes a HUGE TS meal at Whispering Canyon, so eat sparingly in order to have room for the Yachtsman meal. Tour begins @ 9 and ends 7-7.5 hours later at Epcot, so may have to hustle to get around to Yachtsman.
5:50 Yachtsman
9 IlluminationsIs this the cruise or just from inside Epcot? I would encourge the cruise if still available.

Day 5 Anniversary Day Congratulations!
8:20 Crystal Palace
10 Bass Fishing excursions for DH We did this 1st thing in morning and watching the sunrise over the lake was beautiful and peaceful. Hubby caught lots of fish, I took lots of pictures. We had CM drop us off at MK dock in order to make our KTTK early tour. By the way, they don't have snacks or coffee aboard (though the old brochure said they do) only bottled water.
11 Spa for me Boy are you gonna need this by now! Enjoy and relax.
5:30 Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table Enjoy this meal! Noticed you didn't include anything between breakfast & dinner this day - which is a GREAT idea. QS should be enough, or even just a snack for lunch.

Day 6
7:45 Around the world Segway tour Fun to be the first ones in Epcot and we ALWAYS do this tour - every trip!
noon Coral Reef You should be done with Segway by 9:45 with plenty of time to get to Coral Reef. Their interior is so calming but don't let the server rush you (they tend to bring one course before you are done with the last). Tell them when you order to WAIT until each course is cleared
5:30 Narcoossee's Another great dinner!!!
9:00 Wishes CruiseDid this from the Yacht in 2006 - such an amazing experience. Seeing Fireworks from the middle of the lagoon should be on everyone's bucket list.

Day 7
8am Cape May Cafe
9:45 Dolphins in Depth
2:30 Le Cellier
6:30 Kouzzina You will probably be full from lunch at 6:30 so perhaps you could move this dinner out to 8-8:30?

Day 8
8:30 Backstage Safari Tour Another really fun tour! I believe they have a light breakfast included - fruits & danish?
12:30 Rainforest Cafe
4:30 Garden Grill You are at AK for the tour and lunch, then Contemporary for an amazing dinner - but you are going into Epcot mid-day? If you are doing that just for lunch at Garden Grill, maybe you could consider a mid-afternoon lite-lunch at Kona in Poly, then walk around the beach a bit? Or try a visit to DTD and grab a bite at Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich and do some shopping in World of Disney? Just a thought.
7:50 California GrillOne of our all-time favorite romantic moments was here ... ahhhh ... enjoy.

Day 9
8:05 Royal Table Let us know how the view of the Fantasyland expansion is from here & say hi to Fairy Godmother for me!
4pm Le Cellier A second meal here? Good for you - have a cheddar soup for me, please!
9pm FantasmicUtilizing preferrered seating? Since you have 2 meals set for Le Cellier, you could consider doing HBD meal on this day instead of day 1? Would help open up that day a bit - do a QS lunch, then SoA?
Head home. Someone may need to "Roll" us to the Jeep after all the food!!! Guess I should have read this FIRST - you are driving - which is good since transport in WDW is so time consuming. By this post I was wanting to share the benefit of our experience, but since everyone has different tastes, needs, abilities, and tolerences - I could be way out of line. If so, pardon me please, as I am well-intended. Hope your trip goes wonderfully.

I think I have left time for Sammy duval.... park time....Stormalong Bay...

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #2361
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

I just returned from 3 nights platinum package at AKL. WOW it was busy. Overall, I enjoyed almost all of the activities I had booked. I did have some significant troubles with my reservations that I let the IPO Michelle handle. It was a real nightmare at times and I ended up wasting too much time resolving issues.

Here was my 4 days of plans and thoughts on how it worked out:

Day 1- Sunday July 15
7:15 check in, service was quick and my room was ready for me, desk people new nothing about platinum plan and handed me the brochure about it
filled up mug and headed out to DHS
spent the morning riding rides and seeing shows
12:00 HBD lunch- food was excellent, service was fantastic, seated me right away even though I was about 15 minutes early, got a great seat
rested in room and got unpacked, watched giraffes and ostriches playing outside the window
3:00 mani/pedi at Coronado-parked too far away and had to walk in rain , spa is a health club and a little meh, service was pretty low quality, but she was nice and we chatted away, service took a long time (about 1.5 hours), was billed incorrectly for service
6:00 Jiko dinner- OMG amazing...probably best meal of the whole trip, great service, seat and food
spent time at desk fixing error from mani/pedi, no one knew how to fix it, had to make several calls to "fix it"
evening at MK riding rides-wicked crowded there, used snack credit on water bottle and cinnamon roll from bakery

Day 2 Monday July 16-
ate cinnamon roll for breakfast- not that good , filled up mug and headed to AK
8:30- backstage safari tour- awesome!!!!!, saw baby rhino and mommy, elephants and parrots in the barns, talked to two keepers and the private safari was pretty cool
12:00- lunch at Yak/Yeti, seated right away even though I was a little early, great seat and service, food was good, Wok fried green beans changed my life
rested in room, took a nice hour nap and watched some animals
returned to AK to ride EE, got stuck in rain delay and had to wait over an hour to ride
headed to Epcot, rode Spaceship Earth
7:45 dinner at La Hacienda- great food and acceptable service, seat was crappy, by this point I realized vegetarian was not on my ressies, restaurant added it before I was seated to ensure my meal was ok
rode land boats and bought snacks at Norway- pear tart and school bread

Day 3- Tuesday July 17
7:45 Boma breakfast- decent food, great service, chefs very helpful
9:45- Dolphins in Depth- great tour- mostly educational not time in water
12:30-Aqua Seas- amazing!!!!!, you do get paraded around the seas area in your wetsuit...oh boy
4:00 Portobello late lunch---perfect, great service and food, cake was too die for
6:00 La Nouba- tickets were messed up and I had to take crappy seats to be able to go to show, show wasn't very good, not sure why it gets rave reviews, I found it to be very child focused,left a little early to make it to dinner which was fine with me

8:00 Citrico's- terrible, worst food ever, service was good, server told me next time I come to have vegetarian on my ressie so the chef could make me a custom meal if needed, I almost cried as Michelle stated she had put that on my ressie

10:00- Wishes Cruise-- awesome other than the mosquito bites

went to front desk to get my meal points straightened out, turns out when they "fixed" my spa charge they entered it as a meal, I had to argue with the desk clerk for half an hour to get it corrected

ate pear tart and school bread since I was hungry...they were both great

Day 4- Wednesday July 18

by this point I'm ready to go home and sick of mess ups

9:00 Parasailing- I show up early and have no ressie , melt down begins, I go to the parking lot and call the resort, I speak to Michelle and then a supervisor
10:00- parasailing- the desk attendant is nice enough to squeeze me in at 10, parasailing was pretty great, wonderful view and I liked very much

11:00- late breakfast at Wave- not a great use of meal credit but the food and service were great!!!!

head to desk to speak with manager to hear her solution to my troubles...an offer of two free hotel nights is the solution

1:00- lunch at Sanaa- wasn't really hungry, just had salad sampler and dessert- both were decent

spent the next 1 or so shopping, bought mickey licorice and chip and dale trail mix with my final snack credits

headed to airport ready to be done with WDW

Hope others have had better luck with this plan then I did. I estimate I wasted at least 5 hours of my vacation time dealing with mess ups. But swimming in the seas tank was pretty cool as was the wishes cruise and parasailing.

~~Amy~~ Me:

WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 Leakycon DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #2362
ajh88
DIS Veteran

I think we've gone berserk....we did the one night Platinum package last year and had an absolutely amazing time. This year, I think we are going to do it again, this time with my parents for their wedding anniversary! The 3 nights vs 1 night is a bit of a killer, but my parents haven't been in over 5 years and not sure when they'll go back. We will be going Platinum Oct 9th to 12th at the Poly.

Right now, we have reservations as follows:

Day 1 - Tuesday
7:15 - check in at Poly (we will already be there on a room only)
8:15 - CRT breakfast
9:15 to 1:30'ish - MK ride time
1:30 to 2:45 - back to Poly to relax and change for dinner (if we all feel OK, we will probably grab a CS meal or snack and just take a people watching break in the park - that will give us more ride time and such)
2:45 to 3:30 - travel to Ft. Wilderness
4:00 to 6:00 - HDDR
6:00 to 7:00 - carriage rides at Ft. Wilderness (rough time - haven't booked yet)
7:00 to 8:00 - travel to Grand Floridian
8:30 to 10:30 - fireworks cruise - super excited since it is a MNSSHP night so we get to see Hallowishes!

Day 2 - Wednesday
7:45 - Segway tour at EPCOT (DH and Dad)
8:00 - spa treatment @ Saratoga Springs (me, DD, and Mom)
10:30'ish - meet at EPCOT
10:30-11 - grab a snack at the Land pavilion - ride Living with the Land (we aren't interested in Soarin - BTDT)
11:15 - Behind the Seeds tour (my dad's request)
12:15 to 2:00 - The Seas and Imagination pavilions (primarily we want to do Turtle Talk and Journey into Imagination - anything else is just extra)
2:25 - Le Cellier lunch
4:00'ish - leave EPCOT to go to DTD
5:30 - pick up La Nouba tickets
6:00 to 7:30 - La Nouba
7:30 - back to Poly - plan to have an early night and watch the EWP and fireworks either from our room (TPV) or the beach

**My concern for this day is lack of food - we will grab something quick for breakfast at Captain Cook's in the morning and a snack (or share a QS meal) at Sunshine Seasons, depending on hunger levels, but I didn't plan anything for after La Nouba. I'm confident that Le Cellier will hold us over until late into the evening, so I'm thinking maybe room service or just a QS meal from Captain Cook's after we get back to the Poly.**

Day 3 - Thursday
9:30 - Ohana breakfast
11:00 - Richard Petty ride-along (Dad) - might try to move breakfast a little earlier to pad the time some
12:00 to 3:30'ish - relax at hotel and get ready for MNSSHP
3:30 - leave for MK
4:30 - Crystal Palace dinner (mostly for Mom - she loves Piglet)
7:00 - MNSSHP

Day 4 - Friday
Parents leave this day - not planning on partaking in any activities - might order room service breakfast for them before they leave
9:00 to Noon - EPCOT
Noon - Les Chefs de France (DH, DD, and I)
1:30 - return to Poly to relax/change
3:30 - head to MK for MNSSHP
4:15 - Liberty Tree Tavern dinner

**I am a little concerned about our dining reservations being too close together on this day, but I don't want to push LTT too late - I might try to modify to 4:45, but I'm hoping to line up for the Dwarves by 6, so I don't want to go too much later.**

I know that doing MNSSHP twice isn't necessarily the best use of time, but the only other Platinum thing we would be doing is eating, and I think we have enough of that planned! I'm trying to convince my parents to do a tour on their last morning, like Backstage Magic or something, but so far they say that they would rather spend time with us than go off on their own (since DD is too young for most of the tours). We may also try to do a watercraft rental (like the little boats - can't remember their names right now) for an hour or so one day, but it depends on how we feel and the weather and they are first-come, first-served anyway.

I guess that is all - the 3 of us arrive on Saturday, so we will have 2.5 days of touring, etc prior to going Platinum to fit in other parks, rides, shows, etc that we aren't doing with my parents.

So excited!!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #2363
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfan100 View Post
I just returned from 3 nights platinum package at AKL. WOW it was busy. Overall, I enjoyed almost all of the activities I had booked. I did have some significant troubles with my reservations that I let the IPO Michelle handle. It was a real nightmare at times and I ended up wasting too much time resolving issues.

Hope others have had better luck with this plan then I did. I estimate I wasted at least 5 hours of my vacation time dealing with mess ups. But swimming in the seas tank was pretty cool as was the wishes cruise and parasailing.
So sorry to read about the problems you had, especially at a DELUXE resort. We had similar problems in 2010 with the Premium Plan but were at POP where you could expect such a reaction. I think if you had utilized the spa pkg at Contemp or GF (undergoing rehab right now?) or even Saratoga Springs, it might have been better. Frustration to have wasted all that time.

We, too, loved HBD - try to eat there every visit. Had problems w/Jiko on our last visit, but won't give up. Surprised about Citrico's as they are usually amazing.

Curious, which Backstage Safari did you do - the one that is open to the public, or the Sunrise Safari you can only do through concierge at AK?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #2364
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajh88 View Post
I think we've gone berserk....we did the one night Platinum package last year and had an absolutely amazing time. This year, I think we are going to do it again, this time with my parents for their wedding anniversary! The 3 nights vs 1 night is a bit of a killer, but my parents haven't been in over 5 years and not sure when they'll go back. We will be going Platinum Oct 9th to 12th at the Poly.

Right now, we have reservations as follows:

Day 1 - Tuesday
7:15 - check in at Poly (we will already be there on a room only)
8:15 - CRT breakfast
9:15 to 1:30'ish - MK ride time
1:30 to 2:45 - back to Poly to relax and change for dinner (if we all feel OK, we will probably grab a CS meal or snack and just take a people watching break in the park - that will give us more ride time and such)
2:45 to 3:30 - travel to Ft. Wilderness
4:00 to 6:00 - HDDR
6:00 to 7:00 - carriage rides at Ft. Wilderness (rough time - haven't booked yet)
7:00 to 8:00 - travel to Grand Floridian Are you driving or will you be taking the boat across?
8:30 to 10:30 - fireworks cruise - super excited since it is a MNSSHP night so we get to see Hallowishes! It will have to be Hallowishes since that is the only fireworks show that night ... and a really GREAT one at that!

Day 2 - Wednesday Maybe you could order room service breakfast for everyone this morning? DH & Dad will need to be at EP by 7:30, so will have to catch the monorail or leave by car by 7:10 or so, but if you order breakfast to arrive by 6:30 it should be okay?
7:45 - Segway tour at EPCOT (DH and Dad)
8:00 - spa treatment @ Saratoga Springs (me, DD, and Mom)
10:30'ish - meet at EPCOT
10:30-11 - grab a snack at the Land pavilion - ride Living with the Land (we aren't interested in Soarin - BTDT)
11:15 - Behind the Seeds tour (my dad's request)
12:15 to 2:00 - The Seas and Imagination pavilions (primarily we want to do Turtle Talk and Journey into Imagination - anything else is just extra)
2:25 - Le Cellier lunch
4:00'ish - leave EPCOT to go to DTD
5:30 - pick up La Nouba tickets Be there for willl-call tickets by 5:20 or so to allow time to get inside & seated for the 20 minute pre-show (really just a couple of guys 'clowning' around) but fun to watch.
6:00 to 7:30 - La Nouba
7:30 - back to Poly - plan to have an early night and watch the EWP and fireworks either from our room (TPV) or the beach Could maybe order a pizza & pop to the room to munch on as needed - or maybe a fresh veggie/fruit/cheese tray?

**My concern for this day is lack of food - we will grab something quick for breakfast at Captain Cook's in the morning and a snack (or share a QS meal) at Sunshine Seasons, depending on hunger levels, but I didn't plan anything for after La Nouba. I'm confident that Le Cellier will hold us over until late into the evening, so I'm thinking maybe room service or just a QS meal from Captain Cook's after we get back to the Poly.**

Day 3 - Thursday
9:30 - Ohana breakfast I agree with moving this to earlier, even though RP is nearby, they will want him there early to read/sign releases, etc. Maybe try for 8am so you can lounge about & enjoy the meal & feel.
11:00 - Richard Petty ride-along (Dad) - might try to move breakfast a little earlier to pad the time some
12:00 to 3:30'ish - relax at hotel and get ready for MNSSHP
3:30 - leave for MK
4:30 - Crystal Palace dinner (mostly for Mom - she loves Piglet)

Day 4 - Friday
Parents leave this day - not planning on partaking in any activities - might order room service breakfast for them before they leave Good plan since you will most likely have meal credits left.
9:00 to Noon - EPCOT
Noon - Les Chefs de France (DH, DD, and I)
1:30 - return to Poly to relax/change
3:30 - head to MK for MNSSHP
4:15 - Liberty Tree Tavern dinner

**I am a little concerned about our dining reservations being too close together on this day, but I don't want to push LTT too late - I might try to modify to 4:45, but I'm hoping to line up for the Dwarves by 6, so I don't want to go too much later.** Probably need to be in that Dwarves line by 5:45 at the latest or you will be waiting for an hour or more! Maybe you could eat an earlier meal at Kona? Or, since you will have done MNSSHP already, choose the latest ADR LTT offers?

I know that doing MNSSHP twice isn't necessarily the best use of time, but the only other Platinum thing we would be doing is eating, and I think we have enough of that planned! I'm trying to convince my parents to do a tour on their last morning, like Backstage Magic or something, but so far they say that they would rather spend time with us than go off on their own (since DD is too young for most of the tours). How old is your daughter? If she is 10, the Steam Train tour in MK is great - but starts at 7:30am. Good thing is you will be the first people in the park! Also, there is the Family Magic tour for younger children that could be fun for all? We may also try to do a watercraft rental (like the little boats - can't remember their names right now) for an hour or so one day, but it depends on how we feel and the weather and they are first-come, first-served anyway.

I guess that is all - the 3 of us arrive on Saturday, so we will have 2.5 days of touring, etc prior to going Platinum to fit in other parks, rides, shows, etc that we aren't doing with my parents.

So excited!!
Overall, your plans look really good. Hope you and your parents have a great time!

Old 07-20-2012, 03:48 PM   #2365
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofUs View Post
So sorry to read about the problems you had, especially at a DELUXE resort. We had similar problems in 2010 with the Premium Plan but were at POP where you could expect such a reaction. I think if you had utilized the spa pkg at Contemp or GF (undergoing rehab right now?) or even Saratoga Springs, it might have been better. Frustration to have wasted all that time.

We, too, loved HBD - try to eat there every visit. Had problems w/Jiko on our last visit, but won't give up. Surprised about Citrico's as they are usually amazing.

Curious, which Backstage Safari did you do - the one that is open to the public, or the Sunrise Safari you can only do through concierge at AK?
sorry to hear you had trouble with your trip in 2010. I believe my misery was because the IPO I dealt with was incompetent. She needs some more training and support to do her job or they should let her go on her way. Citrico's was a fluke I think..wasn't really hungry and I got a meal I just didn't like. I'm sure it has good options for others but didn't work for me.

I took the backstage safari at AK park. It was great. I met a family from Canada that rook the Sunrise safari and raved about it. They said that the animals were super close and they got a full meal from the Jiko menu. I did not take that one as the information stated you needed to stay club level and that was not available on my dates.

I would still like to try to do the plan again in the future if I can swing the cash. I think it would be a nice trip to take with my boyfriend.

~~Amy~~ Me:

WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 Leakycon DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014
Old 07-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #2366
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Meant to mention - I, too, am a vegetarian (do eat fish/chicken on occasion) and also have to eat gluten free. Those things in themselves are awkward at best, but Disney does a pretty good job - especially with more notice. I add it to my reservation, double check EVERY time I call in pre-trip, confirm it is on my ADRs upon check-in, and - for the really important meals - I call in from my resort room the day (or at least the morning) before. Yes, it is a hassle and my DH gets a bit annoyed, but it's important to my health and my tastebuds as well as the enjoyment of our trips.

Worse was that for a few months, until we confirmed it was JUST gluten giving me problems, I also had to avoid all DAIRY and CORN. And my doctor told me that two weeks before my cruise on the DISNEY DREAM in Feb 2010. Now THAT was interesting. (side note - tapioca hot dog buns overheated in the microwave do NOT make tasty dinner rolls)

Old 07-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #2367
DCDisney
On my way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfan100 View Post
I just returned from 3 nights platinum package at AKL. WOW it was busy. Overall, I enjoyed almost all of the activities I had booked. I did have some significant troubles with my reservations that I let the IPO Michelle handle. It was a real nightmare at times and I ended up wasting too much time resolving :
It seems like most people have some issues with the Platinum plan with incorrect charges and/or issues with reservations. We had a similar issue that spa services are somehow in the same pool as meals so it seems like those especially get charged incorrectly. We were lucky that we got a free upgrade to concierge at WL so we had knowledgeable staff who were able to solve our problems more quickly but t was still a pain. We had lots of glitches but in the end we had such a great trip I decided not to complain.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #2368
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
It seems like most people have some issues with the Platinum plan with incorrect charges and/or issues with reservations. We had a similar issue that spa services are somehow in the same pool as meals so it seems like those especially get charged incorrectly. We were lucky that we got a free upgrade to concierge at WL so we had knowledgeable staff who were able to solve our problems more quickly but t was still a pain. We had lots of glitches but in the end we had such a great trip I decided not to complain.

It's a shame to hear that so many people have trouble with the IPO. That is supposed to be one of the perks of the plan. That free upgrade sounds pretty snazzy. Wish I would have got one of those.

~~Amy~~ Me:

Old 07-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #2369
goodferry
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Grand Floridian for our platinum plan stay and had not one single problem, it was flawless! With that said I think just about every other person who has done it HAS run into problems.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #2370
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
We stayed at the Grand Floridian for our platinum plan stay and had not one single problem, it was flawless! With that said I think just about every other person who has done it HAS run into problems.
Glad it worked for you Maybe the grand Floridian has more experience with that package. All I kept hearing at AKL was how they've never seen this before.

~~Amy~~ Me:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: