Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #2341
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewieIsMyCoPilot View Post
Hi Everyone! I just booked 3 nights of the Platinum Plan for my honeymoon in May and was hoping to get some advice from the experts. We will be staying at AKL and will have a rental car.

Here is what I am thinking so far:

Day 1 (Saturday, May 11):
Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table (earliest seating)
Around the World Segway Tour in EPCOT (9:30)
Lunch at LeCellier
Watersports at Sammy Duvalls
Dinner at Bistro de Paris
Cirque du Soliel (9:00 show)

Day 2 (Sunday, May 12):
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Keys to the Kingdom Tour (lunch included)
Dinner at Narcoosees
Fireworks Cruise (any recommendations on which is better? )

Day 3 (Monday, May 13):
Breakfast at Ohana
Parasailing at Sammy Duvalls
Lunch- Dine W/ Imagineer at DHS
Mini golf
Carriage ride (not sure which location would be easier)
Dinner at Jiko
Fantasmic

Day 4 (Tuesday, May 14):
Breakfast at Boma (OOP)
Dolphins in Depth
Seas Aqua Tour (I have read that this is fine back to back)
Dinner at Victoria and Alberts (Chefs Table if I can get it)

I would love input and suggestions!
I don't think your Day 1 morning is do-able. You won't be able to "check in" for your Platinum Package until 7:00 AM. It's at least a 15-minute drive to the TTC, then you have to take a boat or ferry over to MK. Even if you got an 8:05 ADR for CRT, I don't think you could out of there by 9:00, then you still have to get back to the TTC and drive to Epcot and park. You must sign in for your Segway tour at least 15 minutes prior to the tour. I just don't think you have enough time, nor would your morning be enjoyable at all, rushing from place to place like that. Check in at 7:00, maybe move your Boma breakfast to that morning, then go over to Epcot for the tour.

The rest of your days seem do-able, though. Have fun!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #2342
ChewieIsMyCoPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
I don't think your Day 1 morning is do-able. You won't be able to "check in" for your Platinum Package until 7:00 AM. It's at least a 15-minute drive to the TTC, then you have to take a boat or ferry over to MK. Even if you got an 8:05 ADR for CRT, I don't think you could out of there by 9:00, then you still have to get back to the TTC and drive to Epcot and park. You must sign in for your Segway tour at least 15 minutes prior to the tour. I just don't think you have enough time, nor would your morning be enjoyable at all, rushing from place to place like that. Check in at 7:00, maybe move your Boma breakfast to that morning, then go over to Epcot for the tour.

The rest of your days seem do-able, though. Have fun!
You are probably right about that. I really wanted to eat in the castle at some point so I may have so switch out one of the other breakfasts. I wish all the tours weren't in the morning!
ChewieIsMyCoPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #2343
ChewieIsMyCoPilot
Earning My Ears

If I can get an 8:05 CRT on the last day do you think I could still get to EPCOT to do the Dolphins tour at 9:45am? Or is that pushing it?
Old 07-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #2344
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone! I just booked 3 nights of the Platinum Plan for my honeymoon in May and was hoping to get some advice from the experts. We will be staying at AKL and will have a rental car.

Here is what I am thinking so far:

Day 1 (Saturday, May 11):
Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table (earliest seating) even with earliest seating, not enough time to enjoy meal and transport to Epcot - have to check-in @ guest services 15 min prior to Segway tour! Even if you did breakfast with princesses in Norway, you might not be out in time to do the final Segway.
Around the World Segway Tour in EPCOT (9:30)
Lunch at LeCellier
Watersports at Sammy Duvalls
Dinner at Bistro de Paris - depends on what watersports you do - could be quite exhausted after. Maybe consider Portabello or another restaurant in DTD to save transport/park/walk, etc. time.
Cirque du Soliel (9:00 show)

Day 2 (Sunday, May 12):
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare - Again, must allow time to eat and enjoy the characters. MIGHT be able to make the LAST KTTK tour, but it will last 4-4.5 hours!
Keys to the Kingdom Tour (lunch included)
Dinner at Narcoosees - make sure your timing works with Wishes cruise - best choice since you load @ Grand Floridian, saves time.
Fireworks Cruise (any recommendations on which is better? ) - Illuminations is also good, but try to do it on a night when you dine closer. We did it after the 6pm Cirque show on our trip.

Day 3 (Monday, May 13):
Breakfast at Ohana
Parasailing at Sammy Duvalls
Lunch- Dine W/ Imagineer at DHS - Again, transportaion is your enemy here. How about an early leisurely breakfast, then head to HS for a few rides and then lunch? Better yet, try for the Steam Train tour (7:30am) you'll be first in the park. When it ends, head down to HS for lunch! Do Parasailing after. Where do you plan to do the carriage ride? As for mini-golf, probably not the best expenditure of time using this plan - especially if you have mini-golf at home?
Mini golf
Carriage ride (not sure which location would be easier)
Dinner at Jiko - How about a break after lunch - it is your honeymoon, right? Then Fantasmic (using preferred seating) followed by a romantic late dinner at Jiko?
Fantasmic

Day 4 (Tuesday, May 14):
Breakfast at Boma (OOP) - Great buffet, but perhaps do another less expensive meal OOP or - and trust me here - SKIP a meal. We got soooo tired of eating. With the plan you get so much food and you tend to feel the need to eat everything to get the most out of the plan - yikes!
Dolphins in Depth - yes, can do back-to-back
Seas Aqua Tour (I have read that this is fine back to back)
Dinner at Victoria and Alberts (Chefs Table if I can get it) - Queen Victoria's is relatively new - 4 tables only and 10 courses - sort of like Chef's table but w/o chef.

I would love input and suggestions!
I'm going to pretend for a moment that you are my daughter and you've just asked me for my 'motherly' opinion.

Really think about what you guys would ENJOY doing together, not just what is offered. Do either of you golf? Lessons are nice. How about a massage or mani/pedi? And one of you could do the Richard Petty Drive along - which most guys would really enjoy - maybe while you are getting a massage?

Personally, I'd opt for the all day Back Stage Magic tour that hits all four parks and provides lunch at Wilderness Lodge - regulary about $250! You see and learn LOTS of things you'd never be able to do otherwise.

Citrico's, IMHO, has a better food offering that Narc, but w/o the view. As for a carriage ride, how about taking a boat ride over the Ft Wilderness and enjoying the woodsy ride there? Other option is Port Orleans.

These will be 3 (actually 4 since it starts as early as you want - we stayed room-only arrival night, then checked in @ 6am & started with a Bass Fishing tour on our first morning - and ends @ midnight of the last day) --- L-O-N-G --- days, after which you will be totally drained. Plan, but try not to OVER PLAN every moment, for it is the moments we remember, not the days. Tired, cranky couples do not make for good memories. You need those first days/weeks together after the wedding to really BE together.

Really, it is a wonderful opportunity to start of your marriage, so make sure you don't burden yourselves with a tight rush here-rush there schedule. It is SOOOO easy to do on this type of plan, even for those with youth and vigor on their side. Allow for a bit of down time - sit together and soak up the whole experience - smile and take it all in.

Even BETTER, why not utilize the personal itinerary planner at your resort to help? It is provided for you with the Platinum Pkg. They can often get you into places you can't yourself. Tell them what you'd really like to do and 'just like magic' they'll put some plans together for you. If they don't, post again and we will!

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #2345
2ofUs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If I can get an 8:05 CRT on the last day do you think I could still get to EPCOT to do the Dolphins tour at 9:45am? Or is that pushing it?
If you are doing the Castle, why not do it for lunch or dinner (maybe on your Wishes cruise night?) instead. Try to clump your activities together in a similar grouping. Transportation takes up SO much time at WDW and I think you'd rather be having fun in a park, on a tour, or dining, than driving, parking, walking - then reverse that to hit the next destination, right?

How about you make up a spreadsheet (electronically or pencil/paper) to visualize your time needs. Between each, unless they are very close together, allow an hour to get to - then consider a reasonable amount of time you'll need to do/enjoy the activity.

AK Lodge is farthest from almost anywhere - though I LOVE the lodge. Perhaps you could consider Wilderness Lodge. You can boat to MK, as well as Ft W for the carriage ride and/or their Segway off-road tour, and to Contemporay to catch the monorail - MK or EP. Artist Point in WL has great food, and Wave & California Grill in Contemp are excellent and all the water activities are based there, too. GF & Poly are also near for your other dining and/or MASSAGE needs! You didn't say if your entire trip is only the 3 day stay. If not, perhaps spend the last day or 2 at AKL and soak up the down time in the quiet comfort that resort provides? Again, just the mother in my popping out.

HAPPY TRAVELERS...can't afford it...gotta do it! Now, if only we could fly for free like
2013 5/13-18 YC/POFQ; 2013 Jan 28/31 Disneyland Hotel; 2012 Nov 6/14 AKL/POP; 2012 Mar 14/23 POP/DREAM; 2011 Oct 7 nites on WONDER; Feb 4 nites on DREAM; 2010 Sep 8/16 POP/Bonnet Ck/BLT; 2009 Sep 21/30 & Jan 20/28 POP/SSR & OKW/Bonnet Ck; 2006 Sep 23/30 Poly/OKW; 2005 Jan WLV/Bonnet Ck; 2003 Feb AKL; 2001 Sep off-site; 2000 March AS Music
2ofUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #2346
ChewieIsMyCoPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ofUs View Post

AK Lodge is farthest from almost anywhere - though I LOVE the lodge. Perhaps you could consider Wilderness Lodge. You can boat to MK, as well as Ft W for the carriage ride and/or their Segway off-road tour, and to Contemporay to catch the monorail - MK or EP. Artist Point in WL has great food, and Wave & California Grill in Contemp are excellent and all the water activities are based there, too. GF & Poly are also near for your other dining and/or MASSAGE needs! You didn't say if your entire trip is only the 3 day stay. If not, perhaps spend the last day or 2 at AKL and soak up the down time in the quiet comfort that resort provides? Again, just the mother in my popping out.
We really want to try AKL with the Savannah view. DFi proposed on a safari in front of giraffes so I think it would be fitting.

Thanks for all the motherly advice (my own mother thinks I overplan!) We are starting our honeymoon with 4 nights on the Dream so that will be our lounge around and relax time. We decided to do Platinum after and wear ourselves out. I swear DFi would be happy if he could just stay at Sammy Duvalls for 3 days
Old 07-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #2347
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are probably right about that. I really wanted to eat in the castle at some point so I may have so switch out one of the other breakfasts. I wish all the tours weren't in the morning!
Backstage Safari is offered at 1 p.m. at AK. I have gone on that one and enjoyed it very much.

Since you are on the Platinum Plan I would take advantage of the spa visit. If you drop the mini golf (which is fun but quite a bit less expensive) you could fit it in. When I was on the Platinum Plan I had a facial and was very happy with it.
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #2348
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We really want to try AKL with the Savannah view. DFi proposed on a safari in front of giraffes so I think it would be fitting.

Thanks for all the motherly advice (my own mother thinks I overplan!) We are starting our honeymoon with 4 nights on the Dream so that will be our lounge around and relax time. We decided to do Platinum after and wear ourselves out. I swear DFi would be happy if he could just stay at Sammy Duvalls for 3 days
Sammy Duvall's is actually a great way to maximize the plan since every hour spent there is over $130. I really racked up the value on jetsking x3, parasailing and tubing.
sarahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #2349
ChewieIsMyCoPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by let'sgo View Post
Backstage Safari is offered at 1 p.m. at AK. I have gone on that one and enjoyed it very much.

Since you are on the Platinum Plan I would take advantage of the spa visit. If you drop the mini golf (which is fun but quite a bit less expensive) you could fit it in. When I was on the Platinum Plan I had a facial and was very happy with it.
Does the Backstage Safari have animals or is it more of a facilities tour?

I had forgotten about the spa! If I wanted the deep tissue massage instead of the swedish do you think they would let me just pay the difference?
Old 07-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #2350
ChewieIsMyCoPilot
Earning My Ears

Richard Petty

For the Richard Petty, it is only for one person per package, correct?
Old 07-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #2351
Momofthreemen
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!! I am usually just a lurker but this topic is a big part of my life at the moment. We leave in 17 days for 8 nights/9 days Beach club with the Platinum plan. It will be just me and DH for our 30th anniversary. We are not planning a lot of ride time so here we go.....

Day one
1:30 pm Brown Derby
5:15 Spirit of Aloha --DH loves the pineapple
10pm Preferred viewing Wishes

Day 2
9am Richard Petty for me (life long dream)
12:30 Via Nipoli
4pm Cap'n Jacks
6pm Cirque Du Soleil
9pm Fulton's

Day3
8:05 Tusker house
5pm Wave
Port orleans carrige ride
9:15 Flying Fish

Day4
7:30 Captain's Grille
9am Backstage Magic Tour
5:50 Yachtsman
9 Illuminations

Day 5 Anniversary Day
8:20 Crystal Palace
10 Bass Fishing excursions for DH
11 Spa for me
5:30 Victoria and Albert's Chef's Table

Day 6
7:45 Around the world Segway tour
noon Coral Reef
5:30 Narcoossee's
9:00 Wishes Cruise

Day 7
8am Cape May Cafe
9:45 Dolphins in Depth
2:30 Le Cellier
6:30 Kouzzina

Day 8
8:30 Backstage Safari Tour
12:30 Rainforest Cafe
4:30 Garden Grill
7:50 California Grill

Day 9
8:05 Royal Table
4pm Le Cellier
9pm Fantasmic
Head home. Someone may need to "Roll" us to the Jeep after all the food!!!

I think I have left time for Sammy duval.... park time....Stormalong Bay...

Momofthreemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #2352
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does the Backstage Safari have animals or is it more of a facilities tour?

I had forgotten about the spa! If I wanted the deep tissue massage instead of the swedish do you think they would let me just pay the difference?
You tour the facilities which was quite interesting and also get your own private safari truck for the Kilimanjaro Safari Expedition. This tour was all about the animals, not like the one that everyone else takes. The driver even stopped so that we could get some great pictures. The CM that we had (Trina) really loves her job and it showed.

I don't know about the spa letting you pay the difference. You'd have to ask when you book.

The Richard Petty is only for one person. It was interesting when I did it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it again. But maybe it is more of a guy thing.

I also did the fishing excursion. That was lots of fun. It was the first time I had gone fishing and I really enjoyed it. The CM was quite knowledgeable and I had a great time.

The personal water craft (jet skis) was so much fun. Make sure that you take the tour offered in the morning and not just the free time riding around. This was a high point on the plan for me.
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #2353
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For the Richard Petty, it is only for one person per package, correct?
That is my interpretation of the package too.

May I check a couple of things with you? I don't think Dine with an Imagineer is on the plan - where you prepared to pay OOP for this? Same with the Chef's Table extra over.

And then I am wondering why you would pay for the Boma breakfast OOP? I am thinking you will have plenty of points.

I agree with a lot of the advice others have posted re: timings and events. But guess what 2ofUs! I prefer Narc over Citricos and KTTK to Backstage Magic! I suppose that's what variety is all about!
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #2354
ChewieIsMyCoPilot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarglider View Post
That is my interpretation of the package too.

May I check a couple of things with you? I don't think Dine with an Imagineer is on the plan - where you prepared to pay OOP for this? Same with the Chef's Table extra over.

And then I am wondering why you would pay for the Boma breakfast OOP? I am thinking you will have plenty of points.

I agree with a lot of the advice others have posted re: timings and events. But guess what 2ofUs! I prefer Narc over Citricos and KTTK to Backstage Magic! I suppose that's what variety is all about!
I know that Chef's Table is extra. I will ask about Dine with Imagineer (thought that I had read that one was ok) and if not we will just go to Brown Derby for lunch.

I am going to take Boma out and switch Ohana for the last day because they open at 7:30 so I could do that before Dolphins tour. Then I am going to go CRT before the KTTK tour because I will already be at MK. I am skipping breakfast first day so I have time to check in and more breathing room.

DFi wants the surf and turf at Narcs so he picked that one.

Thanks so much for input everyone!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #2355
gibsi53
Mouseketeer

existing res 1 night- not 3?

I have an upcoming reservation booked for the Fall- more than 45 days out- and was wondering what would happen, or really if it's possible to cancel several days of the reservation so that we only have one premium night remaining. I saw that there is a rule now about booking 3 night minimums for premium so I'm not sure if we'd lose the reservation altogether?

When did this become a rule for the 3 nights?
What do you think- is it worth a shot or no?

Thanks!

gibsi53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: