Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 06:17 AM   #2266
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
13 days away - I'm jealous!

Most of the vouchers are mailed to you with your vacation packet... and the back of each one will state the requirement for advance reservations. But honestly, the only vouchers that actually need be presented in person are Richard Petty (no reservation necessary) and possibly the preferred fireworks (reservations necessary).

Your checkin package will include your paperwork, La Nouba voucher (on cc stock which you will turn in at the LN ticket window for paper tickets), and your KTTW card (room key, meals, tickets ...also you will use this to pay for mugs at CS and all activities; recreation, cruise, spa, etc). I believe the tours are already financed via phone reservation since we weren't asked for payment from them.

Depending on what time in the morning you checkin (early/before 7), a manager may not be available to unlock the safe for the La Nouba vouchers. Therefore, you may have to return to pick those up. Otherwise, the rest of your package is presented immediately for use.

Hope this makes sense - enjoy your trip!

Forgot the photopass - keep the photopass card that comes with the mailed packet. This card contains the code letters PLAT which you'll need to redeem online for your free photopass cd. To be on the safe side we only used this one card for all photos throughout our trip.
Perfect, thanks so much! I saw the Richard Petty and fireworks vouchers in our package packet, but I wasn't sure about the other stuff. We are checking in early, but Cirque isn't until our 2nd day so no biggie to go by again later and pick up the vouchers.

My photopass card in the packet doesn't have the PLAT letters in it though.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:25 AM   #2267
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

I didn't get a special photopass code either. When the time came to claim the photos i emailed photopass. The lovely and helpful Erin asked me for my reservation details and 24 hours later emailed a promo code which when used in the ordering zero'd the photopass cost.
In hindsight if you have time ask for your code - but it was alright for me in the end.
Enjoy your stay.
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #2268
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Moonfaerie, you're so welcome!

I forgot to note an issue we ran into.

When we made payment for our spa services we assumed the spa recognized, by our reservation, that we were on the Plat plan. However, they ran our payment wrong and charged it to our room key instead. We didn't find out until we got home and checked our cc ...since the service was performed on day #2 after checkout.

Not a big deal, but IPO had to trace the charge and then place a claim to recovery for them to credit us which took time to do.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #2269
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Lehuaann and Sugarglider - Thanks!

Just 1 more question - should we do the online check-in when we hit 10 days or not? I don't want to add to the platinum confusion if I can help it at all. We'll be checking in early (like 6:30 AM early, we can check in that early, right?), so I don't anticipate long lines or anything.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:10 AM   #2270
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
Lehuaann and Sugarglider - Thanks!

Just 1 more question - should we do the online check-in when we hit 10 days or not? I don't want to add to the platinum confusion if I can help it at all. We'll be checking in early (like 6:30 AM early, we can check in that early, right?), so I don't anticipate long lines or anything.
I did online check in and it worked fine. and it was at like 7:00am or something and the room was ready! yay! I did have the little issue of asking for all the vouchers which are kept in the managers safe (or whatever happens with those La Nouba cards) and next time I walked past the reception desk the chap called out and had my card waiting for me - all very smooth.

Oh and the Poly was surprisingly busy in the foyer with everyone off to the various breakfasts they do - but the check in queue was empty

Last edited by Sugarglider; 11-30-2011 at 01:30 AM.
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #2271
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

We're back from our Premium Plan trip! We had so much fun! The tours were awesome, we loved the Candlelight Processional, we had awesome meals and just had a great, great time! La Nouba was fabulous, too! I, however, am totally exhausted, and will write a better review when I can make a coherant sentence.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #2272
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
We're back from our Premium Plan trip! We had so much fun! The tours were awesome, we loved the Candlelight Processional, we had awesome meals and just had a great, great time! La Nouba was fabulous, too! I, however, am totally exhausted, and will write a better review when I can make a coherant sentence.
Can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:54 AM   #2273
chanson2
Earning My Ears

Ok - leaving today for a fabulous (I hope!) jam-packed one night platinum package! I can't believe all the extra clothes I'm bringing for this trip - we usually don't go 'fancy'. So excited to try V&A for the first time! Will add a trip report to this so-informative thread when we get back.
chanson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #2274
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Just did online check-in for our platinum night!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #2275
Wall-E1
Dis DAD
Beware the mac & cheeseHas YAGEing down to a fine art

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR81 View Post
Just curious, is there a separate section of the boards that people post their trip reports on the premium/platinum plans? Or do they sometimes post it here within this thread? I would have loved the opportunity to do one of these plans but definitely can't now that they have changed the minimum night stay. I would love to see some indepth reports with pictures possibly. Love pictures! lol
We just got back a little over a week ago. here's a little trip report of our 1 night/2 day platinum plan...

Day 1

Went to the front desk a little after 7:00 a.m. Got the new room keys and La Nouba vouchers. Everything went smoothly. Then, went right over to the food court and picked up our refillable mugs and some breakfast pastries with our snack credits.

Our first activity was wave runners at Sammy Duvalls. We got there about 8:50 a.m., filled out some paperwork and were ready to go...

We arrived back at dock right about 10:00 and immediately jumped into the boat for parasailing. And off we went...

There were four other people in the boat with us doing tandem runs, so we didn't get back to dock until about 10:50. We tipped everyone and headed to Animal Kingdom for our 11:30 a.m. lunch at the Tusker House.

After lunch, we made our way to the front of the park for our Backstage Safari Tour. It was a nice tour. We got to see various animal pens(some with animals in them), the food preparation areas, and took a ride on the safari. After the tour, we had about an hour to kill, so we headed over to Rafiki's Planet Watch.

We then made our way to Downtown Disney for La Nouba. We got there about 5:30, went to the ticket window and exchanged our vouchers for the tickets.

After the show, we headed to the Yacht Club for our 8:15 p.m. dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

After dinner, we stopped across the street at Fantasia Gardens for a round of mini golf.

We did have our own car, which made travel from place to place very easy. We made it to everything on time, and never felt rushed. Everything went very smoothly.

I’ll add Day 2 tomorrow.
1979 Polynesian - 1984 Polynesian - 1998 Dixie Landings - Dec 2003 Coronado Springs - Apr 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge - June 2004 All Star Sports - Oct 2004 Carribean Beach - Dec 2004 Port Orleans French Quarter - Jan 2005 Wilderness Lodge - May 2005 Pop Century - Oct 2005 Pop Century - Dec 2005 Dolphin Resort - Jan 2006 Disneyland Resort California - August 2006 Yacht Club - Sep 2006 Coronado Springs - Dec 2006 Dolphin Resort - Sep 2007 All Star Movies - Nov 2007 ABD Costa Rica - Feb 2008 Pop Century - August 2008 All Star Music - Sep 2008 All Star Movies - Nov 2008 Pop Century - Dec 2008 Boardwalk Villas - May 2009 Beach Club Villas - September 2009 All Star Movies (my son's 20th trip to WDW!) - Nov 2009 All Star Movies - and for 2010!!! - Jan 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge - May 2010 Port Orleans Riverside - September 2010 Pop Century - December 2010 Contemporary - November 2011 Beach Club Villas - March 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge - October 2012 Contemporary

Wall-E1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #2276
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

We leave for WDW tomorrow! Our Platinum days are Mon & Tues. I'm SOOOO excited!
Old 12-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #2277
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
I took the undiscovered future world tour this morning.... We went into the living seas.... It looks pretty good. After a few mins into the tour the guide explained they had been having issues with the tank. He said that about 900 fish had died... That's a lot of fish! He did explain it had something to do with the filtration system and that it was actually the dolphins that tipped them off. There was a very bad case of bacteria in the tank. He said they are continuing to work out the problems. Anyway good luck to anyone with upcoming trips hope it works outfor you!

~Nannette
My Dolphins in Depth tour got cancelled as well. Did they explain how the dolphins tipped them off? I replaced this part of the platinum pkg with a spa visit and the Richard Petty ride along.
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #2278
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Wall-E - great review and pics! It sounds like you planned your activities perfectly and had a fab time. Looking forward to reading day 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
We leave for WDW tomorrow! Our Platinum days are Mon & Tues. I'm SOOOO excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by let'sgo View Post
My Dolphins in Depth tour got cancelled as well. Did they explain how the dolphins tipped them off? I replaced this part of the platinum pkg with a spa visit and the Richard Petty ride along.
From what I understood (our DID was cancelled the night before our PLAT checkin in Sep), the dolphins were behaving strangely and grouping themselves together near the side of the tank. It was found that the filtration system wasn't working properly.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #2279
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by let'sgo View Post
Yes they did. They also told us over 900 fish died... Tank looked pretty empty when we were there.

~Nannette

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #2280
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

Has anyone booked a three-day Premium or Platinum pkg for next year? Or are you planning not to do one because you can no longer book just one day?
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: