Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 PM   #2251
chanson2
Earning My Ears

Joining (late) as we have a 2 day platinum coming up in Dec. Just got a call from someone regarding our Yuletide Fantasy tour - anyone know of cancellations for that? We had really wanted Keys to the Kingdom tour, but were told it wasn't offered through the holidays, so went with the Yuletide one. My DD will be bummed if it gets cancelled too! I am waiting to hear from the CM...
chanson2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:52 PM   #2252
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanson2 View Post
Joining (late) as we have a 2 day platinum coming up in Dec. Just got a call from someone regarding our Yuletide Fantasy tour - anyone know of cancellations for that? We had really wanted Keys to the Kingdom tour, but were told it wasn't offered through the holidays, so went with the Yuletide one. My DD will be bummed if it gets cancelled too! I am waiting to hear from the CM...
I wouldn't expect that the Yuletide tour would be cancelled. The ones that have been cancelled lately are the ones in the Seas pavilion, because they are having trouble with the water/clarity.

I didn't know the KTTK tour wasn't offered for part of December. I'm really glad we are getting our trip in before the end of November. I'm so excited about it!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #2253
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

i talked to Tours yesterday and was told the the Seas should be up and running by our trip on the 14th of Dec. I hope so...that's the only activities DH has scheduled.

We are very excited about our platinum trip---dining at V&A for the first time.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #2254
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

I just got the call today that my Dolphins tour was cancelled for Nov 30. I mentioned to the CM that I was expecting that was going to happen because I had heard of others being cancelled. She asked if I had heard it on the net and said that they prefer it when you hear it from Disney directly.

Hmmm, now I have to decide what I want to put in its place.
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #2255
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

we got the dreaded call today cancelling dh's dive/dolphin tours on Dec 15/16.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:13 AM   #2256
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

I went on the Nature Inspired Desire tour (although not part of the Plat Pkg) and we went backstage at the Seas into the control and met the chap. I just straight up asked him what was going on with all the cancelling of the tours and he ummmed and ahhh'd - it was obvious he just operates the machinery and didn't really get involved in the decisions. The Tour Guide piped up and said "well - there are some upgrades going on and you know Disney is ultra conservative about guest safety and does not want to run the risk of anyone possibly getting ill."
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:07 PM   #2257
Tracyroberts
Earning My Ears

this seems to be a very interesting idea, sounds like a great way to enjoy from your money. you can also check out for more entertainment packages which can be in your budget.
Tracyroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #2258
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

I took the undiscovered future world tour this morning.... We went into the living seas.... It looks pretty good. After a few mins into the tour the guide explained they had been having issues with the tank. He said that about 900 fish had died... That's a lot of fish! He did explain it had something to do with the filtration system and that it was actually the dolphins that tipped them off. There was a very bad case of bacteria in the tank. He said they are continuing to work out the problems. Anyway good luck to anyone with upcoming trips hope it works outfor you!

~Nannette

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #2259
Eddy
Mouseketeer

Unused Tickets

We took a trip to WDW in Sept. We had 1 day Plantium plan an 10 day free dinnning. So we had to buy park tickets for both plans. I thought I would be stuck wth 1 day tickets since we always get dinning and they require you buy new tickets. But since we live in Southern Calif. I checked with Disneyland and I was able to use them there. I was able to get in to both Disneyland an Calif. Adventure even though it wasnt a park hopper at Disneyworld.T urns out you are able to use your Disneyworld tickets if you have unused days and do it in the 14 day period.: woohoo:
Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:15 PM   #2260
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I'm in the midst of packing for our premium stay!

We're all so excited about the tours and CP on Monday night. I still have tons to do before we leave, but I keep telling myself, "just one more day!"

We did online check-in for all 3 of our reservations today (room-only, package, room-only) - hoping they see the request to keep us in the same rooms for the duration. Seems like it would be silly for them to make us change rooms; all our reservations are for standard rooms and it seems like it would be more work for the staff to have to ready 2 rooms (clean sheets, etc) than to just leave us alone!

Crossing my fingers for good weather and a glitch-free trip!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #2261
AR81
DIS Veteran

Just curious, is there a separate section of the boards that people post their trip reports on the premium/platinum plans? Or do they sometimes post it here within this thread? I would have loved the opportunity to do one of these plans but definitely can't now that they have changed the minimum night stay. I would love to see some indepth reports with pictures possibly. Love pictures! lol
AR81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #2262
Sugarglider
DIS Veteran

I am unsure if people have posted them elsewhere on the boards in Trip Reports - maybe a search? I have seen a few in this thread. Also, Mousesavers.com has a trip report posted (but no photos) and I plan to post mine (a more full report than the one I did in this thread, including photos) on my blog but I am not quite there yet!

Photos will be limited because photography is banned in the backstage areas for the tours, La Nouba, and when riding the segways etc - they had a couple of photo stops but they frowned upon letting go of the handle bars. I didn't take my camera when jet skiing. I took my camera on the fireworks cruise but it was next to impossible to photograph anything in the pitch blackness on Seven Seas Lagoon. I have seen a few photos posted from the paragliding.

Still - it's nice to know there are enthusiastic readers out there!

Last edited by Sugarglider; 11-28-2011 at 02:56 AM.
Sugarglider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #2263
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR81 View Post
Just curious, is there a separate section of the boards that people post their trip reports on the premium/platinum plans? Or do they sometimes post it here within this thread? I would have loved the opportunity to do one of these plans but definitely can't now that they have changed the minimum night stay. I would love to see some indepth reports with pictures possibly. Love pictures! lol
I found the attached TR useful for planning my Sep 2011 Plat trip over on the Trip Reports Boards http://161.58.189.97/showthread.php?t=2540184 .

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #2264
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

What all are the things we get the vouchers for at check-in? I know Cirque, and I think the photopass. What else? I want to make myself a note, so we don't miss anything. Only 13 more days!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #2265
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
What all are the things we get the vouchers for at check-in? I know Cirque, and I think the photopass. What else? I want to make myself a note, so we don't miss anything. Only 13 more days!
13 days away - I'm jealous!

Most of the vouchers are mailed to you with your vacation packet... and the back of each one will state the requirement for advance reservations. But honestly, the only vouchers that actually need be presented in person are Richard Petty (no reservation necessary) and possibly the preferred fireworks (reservations necessary).

Your checkin package will include your paperwork, La Nouba voucher (on cc stock which you will turn in at the LN ticket window for paper tickets), and your KTTW card (room key, meals, tickets ...also you will use this to pay for mugs at CS and all activities; recreation, cruise, spa, etc). I believe the tours are already financed via phone reservation since we weren't asked for payment from them.

Depending on what time in the morning you checkin (early/before 7), a manager may not be available to unlock the safe for the La Nouba vouchers. Therefore, you may have to return to pick those up. Otherwise, the rest of your package is presented immediately for use.

Hope this makes sense - enjoy your trip!

Forgot the photopass - keep the photopass card that comes with the mailed packet. This card contains the code letters PLAT which you'll need to redeem online for your free photopass cd. To be on the safe side we only used this one card for all photos throughout our trip.

DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Arusha * POFQ * POR

Last edited by Lehuaann; 11-28-2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Add info on the photopass
Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: