Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #2236
magicaddict
Mouseketeer

It looks like we finally have our new schedule sans DiD and Seas Aqua. Right now I'm sitting here with a stack of cash trying to figure out how much and who needs to be tipped. I know all meals require it but it's more that activities I'm worried about. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Tues, 11/15

7:00. Check in Poly
7:30 breakfast Kona Cafe
10:00 jet ski tour - 4 ppl, 2 jet skis
11:00 parasailing - 2 single deluxe, 1 tandem deluxe
1:00 spa - mani/pedi and facials for 2
1:00 golf lessons for 2
5:30 dinner Flying Fish
8:30 illuminations cruise

Wed, 11/16

7:00 4 hr fishing for 2
8:30 Wilderness Segway for 1
1:00 horseback riding for 3
5:15 V&A dinner
9:00 Cirque

Also in there is a Richard Petty ride along which I was going to do but since I hurt my back over the weekend I don't think climbing through a car window is a good idea. My husband will probably do it instead while the kids and I go horseback riding.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and gave me the confidence to do this.
angie
magicaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #2237
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaddict View Post
It looks like we finally have our new schedule sans DiD and Seas Aqua. Right now I'm sitting here with a stack of cash trying to figure out how much and who needs to be tipped. I know all meals require it but it's more that activities I'm worried about. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Tues, 11/15

7:00. Check in Poly
7:30 breakfast Kona Cafe
10:00 jet ski tour - 4 ppl, 2 jet skis
11:00 parasailing - 2 single deluxe, 1 tandem deluxe We did (1) tandem @11am from CR and it took up almost 2 hours since Sammy Duvalls was off to a late start ...(continued below)
1:00 spa - mani/pedi and facials for 2 ...where's your spa treatment at? We had a WL spa 1 pm ressie, so the parasailing boat dropped us off at WL - had they not done this we wouldn't have made it in time. Perhaps if you ask, they can do the same for you.
*For parasailing we tipped 18% of the $170 tandem cost
*For spa we tipped an extra $10... even though it states gratuity is included for spa, Disney only reimburses tips at approx 10%. I asked the spa manager.

1:00 golf lessons for 2
5:30 dinner Flying Fish
8:30 illuminations cruise
*For Illuminations cruise we tipped the captain $35 since you share the boat with others on the plan.

Wed, 11/16

7:00 4 hr fishing for 2
*For bass fishing excursion we tipped 18% of the $455 fishing cost. We did this x2.

8:30 Wilderness Segway for 1
1:00 horseback riding for 3
5:15 V&A dinner
9:00 Cirque

Also in there is a Richard Petty ride along which I was going to do but since I hurt my back over the weekend I don't think climbing through a car window is a good idea. My husband will probably do it instead while the kids and I go horseback riding.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and gave me the confidence to do this.
angie
My comments are posted above in red. The tips are a bit on the 'ouch' side, however, completely worth it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #2238
magicaddict
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
My comments are posted above in red. The tips are a bit on the 'ouch' side, however, completely worth it.
Thanks for the feedback. Our spa pkg was at the Contemporary but we changed it to Saratoga Springs. I'll make sure to keep in mind the parasailing time issue. We'll have our van with us so my daughter and I can jump in and head over. The spa said they'd provide complimentary transportation from the
Polynesian since the spa at the GF closed. That would leave us even less time since pick up is an hour before the appt.

Now off to start packing.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #2239
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in this 150 pages, but where is the "reserved viewing" for Illuminations and is it a good spot? We'll be doing CP on the same day, so we could use the CP reserved viewing (but that's probably a lot of guests), or the Premium package reserved viewing, or we could find our own spot.

Experiences? Opinions? TIA!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #2240
Joceyposse
Mouseketeer

We did the preferred viewing for Illuminations when were there on October 15th. We thought it wasn't very good. It is on the boat launch near Morocco and the view is partially obstructed. What really disappointed us though was that the speakers on the launch were broken, and because we were a distance away from the nearest speakers, hearing the music/narration was difficult. To me, a big part of the show is the sound!

Although the area wasn't terrible, I wouldn't watch from there again. You might be better off in the CP spot or finding your own spot.

Joceyposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #2241
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joceyposse View Post
We did the preferred viewing for Illuminations when were there on October 15th. We thought it wasn't very good. It is on the boat launch near Morocco and the view is partially obstructed. What really disappointed us though was that the speakers on the launch were broken, and because we were a distance away from the nearest speakers, hearing the music/narration was difficult. To me, a big part of the show is the sound!

Although the area wasn't terrible, I wouldn't watch from there again. You might be better off in the CP spot or finding your own spot.

Thanks for the information! That's disappointing. The music makes the show for me, so I have to be able to hear it! I imagine we'll try to find our own spot, if that's the case. Seems like 3 reserved seatings of CP would mean a lot of people are jostling for a good view at that location, and since we're doing the last CP show at 8:15, we'd be among the last to get there.

We have always had pretty good luck with finding a good spot very close to show-time, so I imagine we'll just hope Epcot isn't too busy that night!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #2242
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Dolphins in Depth and Sea Aqua Tours...

Yesterday I received the phone call that Dolphins would be canceled and Sea Aqua would resume on the 22nd... Today I received the phone call Sea Aqua would be canceled as well... sucks!

~Nannette

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #2243
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Yesterday I received the phone call that Dolphins would be canceled and Sea Aqua would resume on the 22nd... Today I received the phone call Sea Aqua would be canceled as well... sucks!

~Nannette
Aw, that's too bad. They must really be having problems.

What are you doing in place of those two tours? Now I'm holding my breath--I'm booked for the 30th.
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #2244
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Not really much to do...I think lots of water sports. I've done pretty much all the tours already. I have 6 nights 7 days of the platinum package so lots of mini golf maybe archery and a lot of boat rentals and water sports! Good luck on your tours hope they go on for you!

~Nannette

Last edited by nannette; 11-14-2011 at 04:28 PM.
nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #2245
magicaddict
Mouseketeer

So excited. Got my phone call from V&A regarding allergies, etc., packing is almost done and itinerary is set. We leave Sunday on the auto train and have a day at DHS before we check into the Poly for our Plat Plan. After months of planning and last minute rearranging it's finally here. I'll post our experience once we return. To anyone else going soon - ENJOY!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #2246
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
So excited. Got my phone call from V&A regarding allergies, etc., packing is almost done and itinerary is set. We leave Sunday on the auto train and have a day at DHS before we check into the Poly for our Plat Plan. After months of planning and last minute rearranging it's finally here. I'll post our experience once we return. To anyone else going soon - ENJOY!
Have fun! Can't wait to hear how it went!

We're getting close, too, about 2 1/2 weeks till we get there. I'm itching to start packing!

Old 11-12-2011, 12:54 AM   #2247
magicaddict
Mouseketeer

Not sure if this has been asked before but there are too many pages to search. For anyone who has done the jet ski tour, what did you wear? I was thinking we'd wear our swim suits under quick dry shorts (girls) and the guys could wear their trunks and a tshirt. What about footwear? Will they be getting wet? Thanks for any help.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #2248
DCDisney
On my way...

We wore regular clothes and just barely got splashed at all. We wore flip floPs but went barefooted on the tour. Shoes would get very wet.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #2249
let'sgo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not sure if this has been asked before but there are too many pages to search. For anyone who has done the jet ski tour, what did you wear? I was thinking we'd wear our swim suits under quick dry shorts (girls) and the guys could wear their trunks and a tshirt. What about footwear? Will they be getting wet? Thanks for any help.
I also just wore regular clothes but had crocs on the feet. That worked very well. I got a few drops of water a couple of times, but if I were to do it again, I would still wear regular clothes.

I did the tour and LOVED it! I also had my camera with me (waterproof but it didn't get wet) and the person conducting the tour took a picture of me with the magic kingdom in the background.
let'sgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #2250
magicaddict
Mouseketeer

Thanks DCDisney and let'sgo. I'd much rather wear regular clothes than a bathing suit with shorts. I'll print off the last of my paperwork when I get home and check over my lists. Tomorrow the last items go in the suitcases and we'll be ready to head out. So excited!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: