Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #1636
arilvdc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
I'm actually in the same process through Yacht Club. Same thing they emailed me the IPO specific form. Having stayed Club Level before this is the same form they use for the Club Level IPO, the difference is they send the Platinum Dinning Plan flyer (9 pages) which says what you get and they also send a list of the tours. You fill out the form with all dinning places, dates, times and number in the party. If you want V&A you list the time, date separate from the other dinning plans. Basically you put everything you want on this form and they handle it from there. I do know from dealing with Club Level IPO (which is the same IPO as the Platinum IPO) they do email you your itinerary to go over before they make all the reservations and then they resend once they have the confirmation numbers. They pretty much do anything you want!! I have 7 days to plan for on this plan, so I'm hoping they will guide me with the golf lessons and the water sports stuff. Those are the things I'm having problems coming up with times for. I also asked about the Trek tour if they add it on this plan please let me know as well so it's also noted on my form. When are you actually going to be there??

~Nannette
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDisney View Post
I know a few people have had IPO troubles lately so I just wanted to update on our experience so far. I made our Plat ress about 6 weeks ago. About 2 weeks before our 180 days I got an emailed packet from the IPO office at WL that was specific to the Plat plan. It goes through each category of activity rather than date order. It took me about 2 hours to fill out even though I thought I had everything lined up I emailed it back and then a few hours later called in to give my credit card info for credit card guaranteed activities. We went through the packet over the phone to make sure everything was right. Then the IPO typed everything into their Itin system and I was emailed a letter with everything we wanted to reserve in date and time order. She told me that it would all be booked early on my 180 days and then I would get an updated letter with confirmation numbers added for each activity emailed to me that afternoon. We do want to do Wild Africa Trek if it's added and they have it on there as a special request to keep checking on for me. I'll let everyone know once we get to 180 days if it keeps going this well

we've done platinum at both the yacht club and the wilderness lodge, and we experienced the same problem with each check in- they had no idea where our envelope with the la nouns vouchers etc. were. since we checked in early morning there were no managers to help us either, and it took us over an hour to check in each time. I got a lovely chastising for 'living in sin' from the cast member while they were figuring things out at the yacht club too.
arilvdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #1637
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arilvdc View Post
we've done platinum at both the yacht club and the wilderness lodge, and we experienced the same problem with each check in- they had no idea where our envelope with the la nouns vouchers etc. were. since we checked in early morning there were no managers to help us either, and it took us over an hour to check in each time. I got a lovely chastising for 'living in sin' from the cast member while they were figuring things out at the yacht club too.
They'd be getting a not so lovely chastising in return from me.

Hmm, if it's going to take that long to check in, I might need to re-think my plans. We are planning early morning tours both mornings
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #1638
DCDisney
On my way...

I heard enough comments on long check in that we have a breakfast set for right after checking in at Whispering Canyon so if they need time to find stuff I can just enjoy my breakfast while they run around looking ;P
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #1639
DCDisney
On my way...

Can people please post which resort, plat or prem, approximately how long it took to check in, and any voucher missing type problems. I think it would really help people know what to expect, if things are improving, and things commonly missing that need to be tracked down. Thanks!
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #1640
sarahgirl
Mouseketeer

So I called the Tours department and found out that Inspiration: Through Walt's Eyes has been discountinued and that Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour has now been added to the premium packaged.
sarahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:29 PM   #1641
queenofhartz
DIS Veteran

I need planning advice/help....me (DW), DH, DS (4) are going to Disneyworld with DGrandma and DGrandpa October 2-7. It gets complicated, because the DGrandparents are staying at Bonnet Creek. DH, DS, and I are staying at the Yacht Club. (We usually stay with them at Bonnet Creek, but to be honest, I wanted to splurge a little b/c it's our 5th wedding anniversary, and we would like some...ahem...alone time. )

Ok, so I was thinking a nice treat would be one night on the Platinum Plan as suggested by the brilliant Disers in this thread. So, here is what I am thinking....

Purchase 2 day Park hopper tickets for DH, DS, and I for Oct 2 & 3:
October 1: Stay at Bonnet Creek with Gparents (arriving late; we don't need tickets for this day)
October 2: Stay at Bonnet Creek with Gparents
October 3: Stay at Bonnet Creek with Gparents

October 4: DH, DS, and I check into Yacht Club on the Platinum Plan. DS will go with DGrandparents. Not sure how or if I can work this one out, but we were kind of hoping that DGrandparents could take DS to Stormalong Bay to play in the pool - that's the whole point of staying at YC. I've never been to YC, and I hear they're strict about non-guests at the pool, so I'm not sure if they'll allow it since DGrandparents aren't staying here, but I'll ask on the YC board. I don't want to do something that is Disney-illegal. Anyways, DH and I will take off and:

Around the World at Epcot or
Keys to the Kingdom
Lunch somewhere nice, but I haven't decided where
50 Min Massages
Parasailing
V&A

DS will stay with DGrandparents overnight.

October 5: DH and I will do:

Backstage Safari tour or Keys to the Kingdom
I might go to the hotel to take DS to the pool for awhile if DGrandparents can't
DH will do Richard Petty Driving Experience (only one of us can do this, right?)
Parasailing (can we do this even though we did it yesterday?)
Meet DGrandparents for mini golf with DS
Nice Dinner with DGrandparents and DS
If we can get a fireworks cruise, we'd like to do it and pay to bring DGrandparents - I don't know if they'll allow this, and it might be too late for us to get a cruise at this point?
La Nouba if no fireworks cruise (pay for DGrandparents to join us)

Also - I'm conflicted about whether or not to even pay to have DS on the Platinum Plan when we can technically just keep him with the grandparents and buy him a 4 day park hopper instead of a 2 day park hopper. The only reason I was putting him on our plan is because these are the two days he is really going to be able to play at Stormalong Bay, and I know he at least has to be a resort guest to go. DS selected this hotel because of the pool. Only problem is, he's 4...he can't go by himself, and I don't know if they'll let DGrandparents take him since they aren't guests there. Honestly, I don't mind paying the extra money for DS to be on the Plat plan if he can enjoy Stormalong Bay under the supervision of DGrandparents, but if they can't supervise him, it probably doesn't make that much sense. I guess DGrandparents can take him on a Pony ride on the Plat plan....not sure what else you can really do with a 4 year old besides mini golf?

October 5: check back into Yacht Club with Dining Plus Plan
October 6: Yacht Club with Dining Plus Plan

What do you think about this plan? Any suggestions? Thanks muchly as always!
September, 2008: Bonnet Creek
November, 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge
queenofhartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #1642
marivaid
My mother is a Pluto molester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofhartz View Post
Purchase 2 day Park hopper tickets for DH, DS, and I for Oct 2 & 3:
October 4: DH, DS, and I check into Yacht Club on the Platinum Plan
Are you buying tickets twice ?
You can get the tickets from your package up to 3 days before your package starts.

I wouldn't pay for your DS to be on the Platinum Plan since he really can't do the majority of the tours/attractions. But I would consider paying for the DGrandparents to have a room at the YC, even if it's only for one night. This way they could supervise your DS at the pool and enjoy the resort.

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
marivaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:15 PM   #1643
queenofhartz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marivaid View Post
Are you buying tickets twice ?
You can get the tickets from your package up to 3 days before your package starts.
Well...I'm not sure. I've never done a split stay, so I'm not sure what I'm doing.

So, should I just do a 5 day park hopper with the Platinum Plan for the night of October 4? And then do a 1 day park hopper with the Dining Plus plan for the nights of October 5-6? That way, we would have 6 days of park hopper tickets that we could start using on October 2? I just ran some numbers, and if I did it this way, it would save me quite a bit of $$$! yay!

It wouldn't let me reserve the Dining Plus Plan without the Magic Your Way tickets, so it looks like I at least have to have one day of tickets. Is this correct?

Thanks for the recommendation!

Last edited by queenofhartz; 05-04-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #1644
marivaid

Quote:
Well...I'm not sure. I've never done a split stay, so I'm not sure what I'm doing.

So, should I just do a 4 day park hopper with the Platinum Plan for the night of October 4? And then do a 2 day park hopper with the Dining Plus plan for the nights of October 5-6?

It wouldn't let me reserve the Dining Plus Plan without the Magic Your Way tickets, so it looks like I at least have to have one day of tickets. I'm not sure the best way to do this.

Thanks!
What do you mean by Dining Plus plan ? Deluxe Dining maybe??

For the tickets, buy however many days you need with your Platinum plan and then buy one-day base tickets with your dining plan. Don't use those tickets, save them for another trip - they don't expire as long as you don't use them. You can ask to have them separated from your room key when you check in (and you can also ask that they add your current tickets to your room key).

If you buy 4-day hoppers & then 2-day hoppers you are paying for the hopper option twice (it's like $55/person) when you really don't need to.
For example, for one adult that's what you'd pay :

4-day hoppers + 2-day hoppers : $502 (without tax)
6-day hoppers + 1-day base : $378 (without tax)
So you'd be saving $124/person PLUS you'd get those 1-day tickets to use for another trip.

Hope that makes sense

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
Old 05-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #1645
queenofhartz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What do you mean by Dining Plus plan ? Deluxe Dining maybe??

For the tickets, buy however many days you need with your Platinum plan and then buy one-day base tickets with your dining plan. Don't use those tickets, save them for another trip - they don't expire as long as you don't use them. You can ask to have them separated from your room key when you check in (and you can also ask that they add your current tickets to your room key).

If you buy 4-day hoppers & then 2-day hoppers you are paying for the hopper option twice (it's like $55/person) when you really don't need to.
For example, for one adult that's what you'd pay :

4-day hoppers + 2-day hoppers : $502 (without tax)
6-day hoppers + 1-day base : $378 (without tax)
So you'd be saving $124/person PLUS you'd get those 1-day tickets to use for another trip.

Hope that makes sense
Ohhhhhhhhh, ok. I get it now. Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I'm sure it's Disneyworld 101, but this ticket stuff is kind of confusing. lol! We were just going to do the regular Dining Plan (one TS, one CS, one snack).
Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #1646
marivaid

Quote:
Ohhhhhhhhh, ok. I get it now. Thank you for taking the time to explain this to me. I'm sure it's Disneyworld 101, but this ticket stuff is kind of confusing. lol! We were just going to do the regular Dining Plan (one TS, one CS, one snack).
Glad to help It is confusing at first but basically the idea is just to get whatever tickets you need with your first package. There's a ticket "sticky" on the Theme Parks board that's awesome and explains everything.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Hopefully that will save you a bit of money!

As far as Stormalong Bay goes, we've stayed at the BC once and they do check room keys at the pool so you may have an issue there. That's why I suggested getting a room for one night for the DGrandparents. Personally I wouldn't pay the $160 for your DS when all he can do is minigolf and La Nouba but that's just my opinion of course!
Or, would the DGrandparents take him to a waterpark?

Last edited by marivaid; 05-04-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #1647
queenofhartz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Glad to help It is confusing at first but basically the idea is just to get whatever tickets you need with your first package. There's a ticket "sticky" on the Theme Parks board that's awesome and explains everything.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Hopefully that will save you a bit of money!

As far as Stormalong Bay goes, we've stayed at the BC once and they do check room keys at the pool so you may have an issue there. That's why I suggested getting a room for one night for the DGrandparents. Personally I wouldn't pay the $229 for your DS when all he can do is minigolf and La Nouba but that's just my opinion of course!
Or, would the DGrandparents take him to a waterpark?
Ok, but what if we're staying at Bonnet Creek the first two nights and we plan on going to the parks on October 2 & 3. Will they allow us to pick up our park tickets two days before we check in at YC?

Yes, I figured that DGrandparents watching DS at Stormalong Bay might be an issue. Maybe we will look into getting them a night at YC....that's not a bad idea, and it would be a treat for them as well...they would probably enjoy it. I agree with you on the Plat Plan for DS...doesn't seem worth the cost. DGrandparents would take DS to a waterpark. There is also a pool at Bonnet Creek...just not as fun as Stormalong Bay.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #1648
marivaid

Quote:
Ok, but what if we're staying at Bonnet Creek the first two nights and we plan on going to the parks on October 2 & 3. Will they allow us to pick up our park tickets two days before we check in at YC?
Yes you can pick them up at a park or Downtown Disney up to 3 days before your package starts.
I'm going to make this even more confusing LOL but you'd actually need to get the "big" tickets with your 2nd reservation.
See everyone staying in one room must have the same package, so if you don't want your DS to be on the plan, you can't even put him on the reservation or he will automatically be on the Platinum plan as well.
So you'd need to have 1 reservation for October 4th on the Platinum Plan for you & DH, with 1-day base tickets, and 1 reservation for October 5th on the dining plan with 6-day hoppers for the 3 of you.
Either way you'd be able to pick those 6-day hoppers as early as October 2nd.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #1649
queenofhartz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes you can pick them up at a park or Downtown Disney up to 3 days before your package starts.
I'm going to make this even more confusing LOL but you'd actually need to get the "big" tickets with your 2nd reservation.
See everyone staying in one room must have the same package, so if you don't want your DS to be on the plan, you can't even put him on the reservation or he will automatically be on the Platinum plan as well.
So you'd need to have 1 reservation for October 4th on the Platinum Plan for you & DH, with 1-day base tickets, and 1 reservation for October 5th on the dining plan with 6-day hoppers for the 3 of you.
Either way you'd be able to pick those 6-day hoppers as early as October 2nd.
This is great!! You are the god or goddess of Disney planning! LOL thank you so much for your help with this. you just saved me hundreds of dollars!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #1650
marivaid

LOL ! I may actually end up COSTING you money because I have the nasty habit of adding things to trips

For example... you might want to check if it'd be worth it to book a one-night with the Premium package for DS & DGrandparents. If you intend to go to La Nouba together that might just be worth it. The Premium plan is $169/night for adults and that includes La Nouba tickets. La Nouba will cost at least $115/adult if you all want to be seated in the same tier. For $169 they'd get those tickets, plus 3 TS meals (you wanted to have dinner together so that'd pay for that dinner plus they could take DS to Cape May's character breakfast at the BC, for example, and still have 1 meal to use). They would also get mugs to use at the resort, which is practical if they intend to spend time at Stormalong Bay. And there are a few activities that your DS could participate in (mini golf, pony ride, Family Magic tour at MK).

It's all about crunching numbers, really. It may not be worth it if you can get a good room-only discount, or if DGrandparents don't need park tickets.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: