Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
lucas
°o°

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
WOW, that is great news. Glad you called! Now, run out and buy that lottery ticket!

Thanks again for getting me going.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #17
shoes99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUJU814 View Post
I have an AP rate that I just got for March..I'm staying at a Deluxe and the AP rate is 45%..better than the PIN. I think that's pretty good...especially since I'm using it on a CL room.
We are moving from off-site (free gift from my sister), to the WL Club Level for one night to celebrate DH's birthday. We got the 42% AP rate (staying less than 5 days) and I am pleased since we are going in high season.
It was better than the bounce back that I had.

shoes99 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #18
JUJU814
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hi! I remember you posting about the 45% AP rate the night that we switched to the BC. After reading your post, I called back the next morning and asked about the AP rate! But when I asked about AP rate, the CM just quoted me the same offer that's available on the website (which is higher than the PIN.) But I bet that's because your room is CL, and we were only booking standard - maybe standard at the AP rate was sold out. Thinking about calling back to ask about CL . . .
It could be. It's very funky the way it works. Originally, I had a standard view room at BC 9 nights at 45% AP discount. That was the code for 4+ nights (there are different codes..one for 1-3 nights, and one for 4 or more)

Well, I wanted to switch to CL. CL garden view WAS available, but not at the AP rate. The only AP rate CL room was a lagoon view for the last 8 nights..but not the first night. So, I said fine..put me in CL lagoon view last 8 nights, and keep me in standard view first night and we'll just switch rooms.

WELL, that would be all fine and dandy, except now it had to be 2 ressies..and the standard view, while available for AP discount with the 4+ nights was available, it was NOT available for 1-3 nights code..sooooo, the only 1-3 nights code regular room they had was a pool view. Soooo, now I'm at a pool view the first night with 42% discount, and the next morning switching to CL lagoon view for the next 8 nights.

I would LOVE for a CL to open up for my first night so I don't have to switch, but I'm not holding my breath. Now, nothing is available..even full price..except the 2 BR club level and well, ummmm, there's a reason they must be called the "vice presidential suite" LOL because only probably he could afford it!!! even WITH an AP discount!

Good luck! I bet things open up all the time. Heck, if there are a lot of people in the world changing their ressies like me (I did it 3 times before settling on this) there must be things opening up constantly.
JUJU814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:17 AM   #19
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Juju184, you were right!!! I called back once again this morning, and now they told me a great AP rate is available and we're saving even more! Thank you, thank you, thank you for encouraging me to not give up.

Really hoping for that CL Lagoon to become available for you and your daughter that first night!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #20
Harmonysmomma
Mouseketeer

ANyone know if it would be a better deal to do an AP instead of free dining? We are staying AKL conc. level??
Harmonysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #21
jamerooney
Earning My Ears

I think those of us that are frustrated are the ones with summer ressies. There are no current AP rates past June 3. General public rates go through the summer.
jamerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #22
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonysmomma View Post
ANyone know if it would be a better deal to do an AP instead of free dining? We are staying AKL conc. level??
The higher the room price and the fewer adults in the reservation the better it is to go with a room-discount than free dining. In our case, 2 adults and 2 children, staying at any deluxe resort, always works out better to do a room discount than free dining.

You can calculate it: get the free dining numbers ($42/adult per day and $11 per child per day). Add it. That's the per day discount with free dining. Compare it to taking 40% off your room rack rate (for pin) or 45% (for AP). Whichever one is higher is the better discount.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #23
shoes99
DIS Veteran

We are two adults, with AP, and we find discounts at the deluxe resorts are better than rack rate with free dining. We also have the Tables In Wonderland discount card, and find that better for us.
You have to run the numbers for your family.
We just got back yesterday, rack rate for a WL Standard Club Level Room at Peak Season is $555, we applied the 42% discount, and paid $321 for one night to treat DH for his birthday.

Last edited by shoes99; 03-07-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added rate
shoes99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #24
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

Last year, it was better for my DH and I to use Talbles in wonderland, and better for my daughter, her husband and two children to use Dining Plan.
pmdeve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passholders

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: