Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 07:49 AM   #31
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Confetti Cannon

Ok so Candi is right - I DID say long before I even had a groom that I wanted a confetti cannon at me wedding...so here's what I'm going to do...I am going to add it to my plans, and if I have to cut anything, that will be what I cut.

So for now the confetti cannon is a GO!
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:14 AM   #32
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

My obsession du jour....

by the way,that's french for "of the day" -

Photo Possibilities
I spent all yesterday obsessing about the "extras" you can add on....I have always been slightly obsessed with TTD shoots, especially at the Water Parks...however luckily Amy crushed my hopes on that one yesterday....you can't have a TTD water park shoot at Typhhon Lagoon while the Wave Pool is running....and to me that's the money shot. So I think that one is back on the back burner.

I AM however slightly obsessed with a MK shoot now...I mean - when else can you be in MK all by yourselves, and have your pics taken in so many great spots in your wedding gear??? The downside of course, is the fact that it's $1100....as well as the fact that it's at the freaking crack of dawn! i am far from a morning person (and also don't consider myself overly photogenic) so paying the extra kind of scares me....I know what day I'd do it on, the Saturday after the wedding, but not sure if I can "go there"...

The thing that I am starting to think (about all of these extra details) is "will I truly regret not doing this?" - but this can be a slippery slope...that's how I talked myself into the confetti cannons!! And my budget if FAR from unlimited!

Sigh...at least I have time to figure some of this out....maybe once I see how much the floral and DP are going to add up to it will make more sense...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #33
Pooh's Corner
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say hi. We are just starting to plan and I can't wait to see what all you end up with doing! Congrats on everything so far and good luck in what is to come!
Pooh's Corner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:09 AM   #34
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's Corner View Post
Just wanted to say hi. We are just starting to plan and I can't wait to see what all you end up with doing! Congrats on everything so far and good luck in what is to come!
Thanks, the planning is fun! I can't say it doesn't consume WAY too much of my time, but hey - I'm only doing this once...well I guess, unless you count the 10 year VR and the 25 year VR, ...

Ask lots of questions on these boards - these ladies are soooo helpful in the process, it's made this whole thing so much more fun.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #35
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Sending in our "plan" this weekend!

I'll be sending our plan out to Amy this weekend, the last detail we were working out was the music, here is what we've decided:

Groom Entrance: Whistle Stop (Robin Hood) - We are hoping that they have the sheet music for this...
Jordan's Entrance: You'll be in my Heart (Tarzan)
My Entrance: When you wish Upon a Star (I want the Wishes version)
Sand Ceremony: A whole new world
Processional: Zip a dee doo dah
Cake Cutting: Anything Disney

I have also decided that if Adrian gets accepted into the military (which we should know by April) I am going to book the MK photo shoot AND get my hair and makeup redone for it on the Saturday after the wedding. I think it will be a great treat for us, especailly if we have to get used to living apart for long periods of time! And although I hate the idea of getting up that early I think it's a fantastic experience...and well worth it!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #36
Lungdude
Disney kid

Wedding Music

I think that music rocks! I listened to it (except Whistle Stop), picturing each part of the wedding and it really works!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #37
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Well if we skip the "Whistle Stop" part the groom isn't at the front when I get there, which is NOT what I'm going for...
Old 02-26-2010, 04:43 PM   #38
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygirl902 View Post
I have also decided that if Adrian gets accepted into the military (which we should know by April) I am going to book the MK photo shoot AND get my hair and makeup redone for it on the Saturday after the wedding. I think it will be a great treat for us, especailly if we have to get used to living apart for long periods of time! And although I hate the idea of getting up that early I think it's a fantastic experience...and well worth it!
OK so weird that today, just a few hours after I posted the statement above, we would get the call we've been waiting for for months....Adrian has his aptitude test and medical exam (which is the first stages in the Canadian Military recruitment process) booked for later in March!! He got the call today....here's hoping for some magic and pixie dust...not only would it mean a HUGE life change but it also would mean I'm going to get the MK photo shoot!

Last edited by daisygirl902; 03-09-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:50 PM   #39
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

Good luck to him!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:44 PM   #40
Lungdude
Disney kid

Quote:
Well if we skip the "Whistle Stop" part the groom isn't at the front when I get there, which is NOT what I'm going for...
Very True...
Old 02-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #41
Princess Kaye
Earning My Ears

Kelly, I love all your arrangements. Cindy was trying to decide on the MK photo shoot to. The 1100 is sort of making her choice for her since she is opting for the Carriage ride to the DWP. You are going to have so much fun. The wedding plans sound just like you and the HDDR is perfect!!
Princess Kaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:31 AM   #42
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Kaye View Post
Kelly, I love all your arrangements. Cindy was trying to decide on the MK photo shoot to. The 1100 is sort of making her choice for her since she is opting for the Carriage ride to the DWP. You are going to have so much fun. The wedding plans sound just like you and the HDDR is perfect!!
It's hard making these choices, that's for sure....luckily I have never added the Carriage to my wish list! WHEW! It's just not me, although I once said that about the MK photo shoot too...

But regardless my budget is at it's max now. I am hoping the floral that I've decided on isn't too expensive, but I am willing to scrap it if I have too.

I'm kind of feeling let down this week cause most of the decisions have now been made....not it's all just a waiting game, counting down to the 6 month mark where I can book my ADRs and HDDR reservation. Sigh...
Old 03-02-2010, 11:30 AM   #43
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

My dress is here!

Ok so I am very excited - things are just falling into place so strangely well right now.

The Accessories
Last night I went and bought the last of my accessories (besides my veil which I am picking next week). I got a great necklace and earring set as well as a Tiara - both at a store at the mall (Le Chateau - not sure if they have any US locations). They have the REALLY sparkly look I was looking for - I am so psyched!

The DRESS!
I got the call today that the dress is here!! YAY! Although I work all this week until they close so won't be able to go in until next week....but at least it's here and I can finally get some better pics to post here

Hair and Makeup
I have confirmed the date with Patricia LeJeune, and am waiting for the contract. She is not available for the potential MK shoot so I have 2 options:
1. Have one of her other stylists do my hair and make-up for the MK shoot.
2. Change the MK shoot to Friday instead of Saturday.

As you can tell - I am REALLY hoping that I get to do the MK shoot!

Advice welcome! Has anyone had her assisitants do their hair and make-up? How did it turn out? I can't se eit being that much of an issue, cause we'll just take LOTS of pics on the wedding day for them to recreate the look...
Old 03-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #44
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll be sending our plan out to Amy this weekend, the last detail we were working out was the music, here is what we've decided:

Groom Entrance: Whistle Stop (Robin Hood) - We are hoping that they have the sheet music for this...
Jordan's Entrance: You'll be in my Heart (Tarzan)
My Entrance: When you wish Upon a Star (I want the Wishes version)
Sand Ceremony: A whole new world
Processional: Zip a dee doo dah
Cake Cutting: Anything Disney

You can buy sheet music online for a few dollars if they don't have it for robin hood song

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #45
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
You can buy sheet music online for a few dollars if they don't have it for robin hood song
OH - Thanks so much! I never would have thought of that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: