Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2010, 06:24 AM   #16
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

My, how plans change...

I was thinking last night about how much this plan had morphed since the start....here is what I envisioned a year ago, and how/why it changed:

Wedding was to be held at SBP, with dinner to follow at Ohana. Dress was to be a cocktail length simple white dress, and I wanted a Morocco DP. We were planning to stay at POP Century, as that was where we always stayed...

Here's how and why it changed....
The first change came after I had pored over a million photos and decided to hire Randy Chapman for photography...soon after I started looking into videography and decided Stan (STVS) was also a great fit. I got Stan's sample DVD in the mail, and we sat down and watched it, and there was a wedding on it in the WP (which i had always considered too big and too conventional for the type of wedding I wanted)....When I saw that couple getting married with the view of the castle through the window I was IN LOVE!! The other bonus to the WP is that it is inside AND air conditioned!

SO - after we had changed the location I decided that a simple cocktail length dress just was NOT going to do - and thus changed to a big pouffy, sparkly dress. I'm REALLY happy I made this change - I am in love with my dress (I'll take better pics when I go for a fitting).

I had decided on Ohana based on the rave reviews on these boards, but went last summer for the first time, and I was sorely disappointed....I mean, it wasn't horrible, but I didn't love the food! I DO however LOVE HDDR - so I talked it over with my sister Candi (my resident expert) and she wholeheartedly agreed that HDDR was a great choice for us - we are pretty fun loving and crazy, so I think it'll be a blast!

The dessert party also changed, for a few reasons:
1. I love wishes! And I mean LOVE wishes...
2. I saw this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2177083 - the blue fairy firework is my favorite - I cry everytime she lights up the sky - the picture of Heidi and Tom totally won me over on this being the right location for us....
3. I found out about the cheesecake lollipops - lol....what more do I have to say?
3. Randy can come and do the photos....which I love!

And the last change was the biggest - accommodations! I know I mentioned that things are not ideal financially right now, however I am a long term thinker - so on my trip with my mom this summer I finally took the leap and purchased DVC - we had already decided we would pay for his parents accommodations as a part of our "wedding budget planning" - and when I found out how much better it would be to do this using DVC points it just clicked and made sense...have I questioned my horrible timing? Yes - I probaby should have waited until Adrian is done school and the wedding is done....Do I regret it? Not even for a second - it's something I would have eventually done anyways. So we are now staying at BWV as I posted yesterday - for our first DVC stay!

Thanks for reading - more to come, but for now I gotta go to work to start paying for some of this stuff!

Last edited by daisygirl902; 06-29-2010 at 10:54 AM.
daisygirl902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #17
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Details, Details!

I got my wedding shoes today - thanks to my wonderful sister Candi! She called me at work to tell me about these fantastic HOT PINK shoes that she found to go with Jordan's dress...so i went out and bought myself a matching pair....I love the thought of my princessy white dress with the hot pink stilettos peeking out occasionally....so another YAY moment!

I am in the midst of a few debates and not sure what to do or how to make some of these decisions...one is the officiant and the second is the WP decor.

For the officiant I am looking for someone to do a non-religious ceremony that has a good sense of humor and is pretty easygoing....I have some more research to do before I make this decision because to me, it can make or break the day!

For the WP decor the decision will be purely financial...if I can budget it in I would like to get some altar florals, as well as possibly an aisle runner...the only thing I hate about the WP is the carpet - and I really, really don't like it! however I have read that aisle runners can be very expensive too....these small decisions can be costly, and it's getting hard to figure out what the biggest priorities are. So far on my "wish list" of things I am not sure if I can fit in are:

1. Aisle runner
2. Confetti Cannon - 2nd choice would be toss petals...but I am so hung up on the cannons!
3. Floral decor

Any feedback or suggestions welcome! This Is a collaborative effort you know!

More tomorrow I'm sure....there seems to be a never ending stream of "wedding narrative" that runs through my head at every moment!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #18
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

We wanted floral in the WP too but ultimately we decided the WP is beautiful on it's own and we wouldn't spend the money on floral for 20 minutes. Plus our floral would not be able to travel to our reception site. So if it's something that you can use for both, then it might be cost effective. We are having a white aisle runner ($75) and pink rose petals on the aisle ($300). We had picked out these great arrangements for next to the altar but when they added up to $750 we nixed them.

Do you have any ideas??Post pics!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #19
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

I agree with Mandy... I think the WP can be lovely without any added floral. I love the pictures of the confetti cannons, very cool! I think I personally am fixated on the petal toss, but the confetti definitely makes for some awesome pictures! Good luck with whatever you decide, keep us posted!

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

Kimmers127 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #20
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the advice ladies - I really don't know that I can consider the $400 for the aisle runner plus petals....especially when for that price I could stick with my original dream of having the confetti cannon! I am going to work later to try to get a compilation of pics that I like for a bit of floral, especially altar arrangements, and I'll just have to live with the carpet!

Here's a pic of the shoes I picked up yesterday - I am in LOVE with them! So Jordan and I will both be wearing these:

Old 02-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #21
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Just so you know, we determined the amount of petals on the aisle. THe runner was $75 and we chose to have $300 worth of petals. You could ask for less or bring your own. If you bring your own then someone has to put it out for you.
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:31 PM   #22
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygirl902 View Post

Here's a pic of the shoes I picked up yesterday - I am in LOVE with them! So Jordan and I will both be wearing these:

Ohh I love your shoes... Then again, I had almost exactly the same ones So great choice

I too hate the carpet in the WP, but didn't want to spring for the aisle runner - for me it was because I was afraid I would trip on it as well as the cost... And honestly, in the pictures that I have, you don't see the carpet on the aisle at all. There are a few that show it at the front... but I figure if people are looking at the carpet instead of me... I'm doing something really wrong

I know I was freaking out about it, but on the day I would have been hard pressed to tell you what the carpet looked like - even though I was standing right there.

What we did was have a linen on the alter, which brought the attention there instead of on the floor. We had floral next to the alter (only because we were able to move it to our reception site), but just our unity candle set actually on it.

Okay I'll get off my soapbox now, and sit back and enjoy the rest of your planning...

Your newsletter is awesome too! really enjoying everything...
Old 02-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #23
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

The Trip - a 2 week Disney Extravaganza!

So I decided to take a step back today from the small details and go back to the overall plan. i am thinking by the way that I will not do anything about the carpet, I can live with it, and do a sand ceremony - below is the set I'm ordering, with our 2 colors...he went with orange and I went with pink - luckily our favorite colors look great together

I think for Altar floral I am going to price 2 small arrangements to put on either side of the sand ceremony, both hot pink and orange daisy bouquets in a very simple vase. I haven't found a picture I really like, but I just want kind of a round ball of daisies.

So onto...The Trip
We leave NS on Sept 18th, staying until the 25th in 2 studios at BWV (us in one, his parents in the second). We are all on the DDP, and have decided that we are going to pay cash for HDDR (we want level 1 seating, and it's WAY easier to organize for a large group!) so we have a great line up of desired ADRs to book next month! On the 25th we check out of BWV, and his parents leave, and we check into a king room Dolphin for 1 night. Then on the 26th we leave for a 4 day cruise on the Wonder! When we get back, we are staying for our last 3 nights at our "home resort" BLT for 3 nights in a studio, and doing the Deluxe Dining Plan! We are pretty excited as this allows us to try a few extra signature dining places.

ADRS for week 1:
Tutto Italia
WCC
Teppan Edo
Ahershus Princess Breakfast
Flying Fish
Tony's Town Square
The Wave (OOP)

ADRs for Deluxe Dining Plan:
The Plaza (lunch)
Narcossees
Kona (breakfast)
Cinderella's Royal Table
The Wave (breakfast)
California Grill

MMMM - I can't wait!

Wedding Day Plan:
Jordan, Sara and I are staying in a 1 bdrm at BLT the night before the wedding, we plan to order room service for breakfast, and start hair and makeup by around 8 or 8:30 AM.

We will head over to GF via monorail (I'm going to get Randy/Stan to go over ahead of me so they can get pics/video of us getting off the monorail). I plan to get a few pics around the lobby prior to the wedding. Also I will then send Sara off to get some pics taken with Adrian prior to the ceremony.

Ceremony is at noon...cake cutting and family pics....Mickey and Minnie ARE coming! I am so excited!

Then our guests get to go off and do their thing for a couple of hours....Adrian, Jordan, Sara and I are going to go off for more pics at POP Century and BW. Although I am a DVC member POP is still my favorite resort for theming, so we will likely spend a bit of time over there....and we want some really fun pics at BW too, like us all playing the carnival games and stuff all dressed up.

At 4 - 4:30 PM we will head over to Hoop De Doo. If we have time we'll go on the horse drawn carriage ride,if not we'll just chill out for a few minutes. Randy is not staying for dinner, but is coming back for the DP later.

After dinner we will slowly head over to Sago Cay for the DP. I am thinking of doing a modified menu, but not sure of the cost yet:
-mini napoleons, macaroons, key lime tarts, and cream horns
-Chocolate and White chocolate fondue with all of the normal dippers PLUS the cheesecake lollipops
-Chocolate covered strawberries (maybe)
-Coffees and hot chocolate

Anyways - off to make "breakfast" - we slept in today!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:17 PM   #24
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

2nd Edition of Newsletter

**Spoiler Alert** For those attending my wedding these have not been printed and mailed yet, so you are ruining the surprise if you read them!

For everyone else, this is long - the 2nd newsletter is less about the wedding, and more about planning a good Disney Trip. We have a few people joining us that have never been, and I am a firm believer that Disney requires planning....oh and I just realized this says Spring 2009 - guess that should be changed....good thing I haven't printed these yet!

Old 02-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #25
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

I love your newsletters.

I also tried to put as much info as possible on my wedding website as DF's family has never really "planned" a Disney trip they have gone for a day or two here and there while in the area.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #26
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

I emailed Patricia LeJeune!

I decided this weekend to try to get her booked - one more thing off my list
Old 02-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #27
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Endless details...

I am sorry to say that the endless details are all getting worked out now....what the heck am I going to write about then???

I just got off the phone with Amy - who I love by the way! We made a few more decisions:

Cake(s)
2 tiered hidden mickey mad hatter cake (style doesn't matter - I have loved them all) in teal, orange, yellow, and hot pink. They can't do fresh berries in a mad hatter cake as it can't support them properly, so I changed it around a bit:
-top layer is chocolate cake with peanut butter cup filling with white butter cream (they can't do chocolate butter cream as it may show thru the fondant).
-bottom layer is yellow cake with strawberry mousse filling with white buttercream icing.

I am also getting a mini mad hatter cake for one guest who is allergic to nuts - his will be chocolate with strawberry filling and buttercream.

Officiant
I cheated and made Amy pick - although she picked my first choice, Reverand Jack Day. She actually said her top 3 are Reverand Jack, Timm Herring, and Kevin Knox....but I made her narrow it down as I cannot pick...I can't meet them and I know she has. She is great to work with!

I contacted Reverand Jack and he was sweet over the phone - although I ended up emailing him the info as it was just easier....repeated back the postal code wrong 3 times so we just laughed and agreed email was better.

Music
Groom and Bestie Entrance - Something from Pirates (haven't picked the song yet)
MOH entrance - Chorus of "You'll be in my Heart"
My entrance - "When you wish upon a star" (hopefully they can play the Wishes version - I love how it starts so dramatically)
Sand Ceremony - either "A whole new world" or "Can you feel the love tonight"
Processional - "Zip a Dee Doo Dah"

And for the cake cutting anything goes, as long as it's Disney!

Details, Details
I am a non drinker, so we are having the 2 bottles of cider instead of the champagne, as well as 4 bottles of Perrier for the toasts. We are having my best friend do a "toast to the bride" and his best friend do a "toast to the groom".

I am seriously leaning towards the confetti cannon....I think I am about 90% decided...I think what I'll do is have her add it on to my estimate, see where I come in and go from there....really the only upgrades that I want are the cake which is only $150, the perrier (which I didn't ask "how much" - it's probably $100 a bottle - lol), and some pretty basic floral.

Amy is going to book the dessert party, then revise my contract and send me menus to choose from...although I may as well just accept the fact that I am going to want a custom menu....since I know you CAN I likely WILL!

Thanks for reading!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:24 PM   #28
Boardwalk_bride
Married in WDW :)

I love your shoes! Mine are bright pink as well! The newsletters look amazing, what a great job! I'm a big fan of the mad hatter as well! When we finally decided to get that one, I just said, I don't care what style, just a mad hatter I think we are just getting the original style one that disney does.

The confetti canon would be AMAZING!! I am going to be a bad influence (or expensive influence) and say do it!

I am excited to see what you pick for the DP!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #29
daisygirl902
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk_bride View Post
I love your shoes! Mine are bright pink as well! The newsletters look amazing, what a great job! I'm a big fan of the mad hatter as well! When we finally decided to get that one, I just said, I don't care what style, just a mad hatter I think we are just getting the original style one that disney does.

The confetti canon would be AMAZING!! I am going to be a bad influence (or expensive influence) and say do it!

I am excited to see what you pick for the DP!
I'm lucky - my boss's husband is a graphic designer so he did my newsletters for me as an early wedding gift - it was so nice of him - they turned out so good!

And thanks for the confetti cannon advise...I figure why be sensible - it's my Disney WEDDING!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:48 PM   #30
candiceamero
Earning My Ears

Cheers to the Bad Influences!!

You must have the cannons!!!

Didn't we talk about these 2 years before you even even had a boyfriend???

Cheers,
Candi
candiceamero is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: