Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #1816
Ciyra
First of all, I would like to make one thing quite clear. . . . I never explain anything.

I never wanted to have kids, even as a little girl. So when my husband and I got married we were very much in agreement in the kids department. My mother laments her lack of grandchildren almost every time I see her, but she's got my younger brother and I'm sure he'll end up with a litter at some point.

That being said, we go to Disneyland for my birthday EVERY year, just the husband and I. So much fun! Seriously, I'm not sure I had that much fun there when I was a kiddo myself. Sometimes I wish there were adults only days at Disney. I can dream right??

We're actually going on a month long vacation to celebrate my 30th in 2014 and the final week is all WDW. I've never been so I am uber excited! Any random "must do" things that I should know about?
Ciyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #1817
danijake
Vegan Cupcake Baker Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciyra View Post
Sometimes I wish there were adults only days at Disney. I can dream right??
You are not alone!! I would love to not be attacked by strollers during my trip!

DL Sept. 2013 (Off-Site) . WDW Jan. 2012 (Pop Century) . WDW Dec. 2008 (Off-Site) . WDW Oct. 2005 (Pop Century) . WDW Nov. 1990 (Off-Site)
danijake is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #1818
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone,
my husband and I are planning a child free Disney vacay for our 15th Wedding anniversary in the Spring and we are in search of the most romantic resort...

any and all suggestions welcome! Please help us plan!
Bricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:34 PM   #1819
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricket View Post
Hello everyone,
my husband and I are planning a child free Disney vacay for our 15th Wedding anniversary in the Spring and we are in search of the most romantic resort...

We love the BW. I know it is not the most quiet of all resorts, but, you can spend more time strolling together hand in hand since you can walk to Epcot and DHS. The less time we spend on a bus is my idea of a good time. lol There are not a lot of children at this resort either.

Also......

Just wanted to share this DINKlife article with all of you. LOL

A recent study published in the Journal of Economic Psychology found that the average woman’s perfect day involves a lot of sleep, and almost no time spent with children.
http://www.dinklife.com/topic/trends...stly-childfree

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #1820
diznee25
DIS Veteran

Bricket,

We like AKL, and BW. I thought both had a romantic feel. At AKL you can dine at Jiko, great for an anniversary! And yea, we also noticed that BW doesn't seem to have as many children as the other deluxe resorts. During our stay at BW, we'd always go to the quite pool....seemed to be mostly adults w/a few teens. But no one was splashing around or making noise. It was great!

When we go out for an anniversary trip, we're looking to stay at the Poly. Never stayed there before, but that's been on our list for awhile.

diznee25
Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #1821
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznee25 View Post
Bricket,

During our stay at BW, we'd always go to the quite pool....seemed to be mostly adults w/a few teens. But no one was splashing around or making noise. It was great!

diznee25
We do the quiet pool sometimes. Last month we did it only b/c the music was so darn loud at the clown pool! I don't remember it being that loud in the past. There weren't that many kids, so that would not have been a problem.

......Me and DH
Old 11-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #1822
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
We're actually going on a month long vacation to celebrate my 30th in 2014 and the final week is all WDW. I've never been so I am uber excited! Any random "must do" things that I should know about?
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Well I just love the AKL. I've stayed there more than any other WDW resort. But even if you're not staying there, I would definitely go and dine at one if the restaurants. Plan to arrive early and check out the animals from the various viewing areas. The bar at Sanaa has a nice area on the same level as the animals.

Another adult thing I like to do is pick up a margarita in Epcot for strolling around the world. Be sure to check out the Moderate and Deluxe resorts for dining and other entertainment and don't forget to make ADRs if you want to eat in the sit down restaurants.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Last edited by franandaj; 11-15-2012 at 08:01 PM.
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #1823
Bricket
Mouseketeer

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm so pleased to see so many of you mentioning BW because that's where I truly want to stay.

Unfortunately, my husband is not an animal lover...not even a little bit. He doesn't like the park and he doesn't like the resort. He's appalled by it.

I don't get it either because he's a huge teddy bear. Everyone who meets him, adores him and when they find out how much of a non-animal loving person he is, they're baffled.

So BW Villa perhaps?
Bricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #1824
maddhatir

Quote:
So BW Villa perhaps?
We always do BWV- studio- BW view.

I would like to try a 1 bedroom b/c of the wash/dryer and I like that if one of us wakes up before the other, we can just shut the bedroom door and go about our business and not worry about the noise.

......Me and DH
Old 11-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #1825
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

We book one bedrooms exclusively. At WDW we always have, but now even in CA we have given up on studios. It's just too luxurious to have your own jacuzzi tub and kitchen. Even though we mostly eat out, there's nothing like sleeping in and making bacon and eggs for breakfast MY way.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #1826
Ciyra
First of all, I would like to make one thing quite clear. . . . I never explain anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
Also......

Just wanted to share this DINKlife article with all of you. LOL

A recent study published in the Journal of Economic Psychology found that the average woman’s perfect day involves a lot of sleep, and almost no time spent with children.
Oh how I love Dinklife.com. So justifies my thoughts when I feel pressured to go the baby making route.

Maddhatir... is that delightfully bearded man in your signature your husband? My hubby is also uber bearded. Gotta love a man w/ a beard.
Ciyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #1827
danijake

Quote:
Gotta love a man w/ a beard.
Could not agree more!!!

DL Sept. 2013 (Off-Site) . WDW Jan. 2012 (Pop Century) . WDW Dec. 2008 (Off-Site) . WDW Oct. 2005 (Pop Century) . WDW Nov. 1990 (Off-Site)
Old 11-16-2012, 08:01 PM   #1828
danijake

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddhatir View Post
We always do BWV- studio- BW view.

I would like to try a 1 bedroom b/c of the wash/dryer and I like that if one of us wakes up before the other, we can just shut the bedroom door and go about our business and not worry about the noise.
just wanted to say hi! i'm also from nj and a vegan.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #1829
maddhatir

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
We book one bedrooms exclusively. At WDW we always have, but now even in CA we have given up on studios. It's just too luxurious to have your own jacuzzi tub and kitchen. Even though we mostly eat out, there's nothing like sleeping in and making bacon and eggs for breakfast MY way.
LOL. I get more spoiled with each trip. LOL. I went from value resorts to BWV and can't look back, now I might be giving up on the studios. LOL.

Quote:
Maddhatir... is that delightfully bearded man in your signature your husband? My hubby is also uber bearded. Gotta love a man w/ a beard.
No, he is my favorite singer. DH goes back and forth with his beard. I prefer hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijake View Post
just wanted to say hi! i'm also from nj and a vegan.
Hello from South Jersey.

......Me and DH
Old 07-18-2013, 07:29 PM   #1830
danijake

Just wanted to try to revive this post! Where are all the Child-free folks??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: