Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2010, 06:40 AM   #136
Alesia
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=lauralana9;35640010]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PammieJ View Post

I wish more people with children had this same attitude. I have had people get almost angry with me for being CF. And I mean people in real life not just on internet communities. I agree with HockeyKat saying it is almost never well received when you say you don't like children. The only thing that seems to make people more uppset is if when questioned about beliefs I say I'm an atheist.
I used to get a lot of flack for only having one child. Apparently, it's selfish to only have one child. One of the girls I worked with would take every opportunity to tell Carly (who was 5 at the time) to tell us that she wanted a baby brother or sister. She would end up in tears every night over it. I was awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvioletisme View Post
yup those are the two biggies in DH and I's life too...luckily my MIL finally laid off about the kids thing. Although I know one of the reason's one of my best girlfriend's husband doesn't like us is because we aren't having kids...he's one of those that just can't understand that concept at all.
People are always looking to validate their own choices. For some reason, You choosing to not have children somehow reflects on their descision to have them. Tomorrow at Red Cross between 10am - 1pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
JeanKeri -- Unfortunately I think you are in the minority (which in this case is a good thing). Most people I know never, ever have anything to say about their little darlings except how special they are & how happy they are, blah, blah, blah...Happy March Everyone!!
As someone who works closely with kids and parents, I can promise you: JeanKeri may be in the minority for admitting it, but every parent feels that way.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #137
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
^I have the but WHY don't you want kids problem a lot in real life (actually probably way more than on message boards). Then I get the ever popular patronizing oh, but honey, you'll change your mind.

Although, once people get to know me they usually shut up about it... wonder what that says about me?
For years I was told that I would change my mind when it came to having children. I never did change my mind and my DH and I are very happy being the parents of 3 kitties. Children were never a thought in my mind, I never wanted to be a mother. I was never kid-friendly, even when my friends had children I would avoid going to see them. Everyone wants you to hold the baby and all I am thinking is what am I supposed to do with this?????
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #138
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

We are also very happy as the parents of 2 kitties.

I have always felt the same way about being a mother (or not as the case may be). Strangely, I am not afraid at all of childbirth, but the thought of carrying or raising the child makes me almost not want to have sex.

I am okay holding babies but I have no idea what to do with them once they start to talk. Especially girls and play dress-up and make-believe and dolls.

There are a very few exceptions, as I have met a few children one-on-one that I do okay with, but in general I just avoid them.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #139
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

This morning I was the very angry mother of a kitty!

Cody has decided that 5am is breakfast time, no matter what. So she'll kiss and jump and run around, and when we don't feed her, she'll kiss and jump and run around, etc. She even learned how to open the bedroom door to get back in after we shut her out.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at the Beach Club!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:29 AM   #140
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
This morning I was the very angry mother of a kitty!

Cody has decided that 5am is breakfast time, no matter what. So she'll kiss and jump and run around, and when we don't feed her, she'll kiss and jump and run around, etc. She even learned how to open the bedroom door to get back in after we shut her out.
Our 20 lbs cat has the same 5am feeding time; but he sits on your head to wake you up! A 20 lbs tushy in your face at anytime is bad news.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #141
roomthreeseventeen

Yikes. Cody's real breakfast time is 7:45 AM, which we're trying to stick to. If we fed her at 5am, she'd just be back at 5:10 to play.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #142
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_ View Post
Hola!

He IS like that! haha! I am serious, he refuses to go to McDonalds bc "there are too many noisy kids there!"

Glad you had a good trip chicky!
OMG- I want to hang out with Wes I can take him on RRC!!! OMG when I read that story on FB I was PMSL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralana9 View Post

I wish more people with children had this same attitude. I have had people get almost angry with me for being CF. And I mean people in real life not just on internet communities. I agree with HockeyKat saying it is almost never well received when you say you don't like children. The only thing that seems to make people more uppset is if when questioned about beliefs I say I'm an atheist.
When people ask me if I have kids, I always say "OH GOD NO!" I think they get the hint. I never had anyone say anything rude to me, but I AM waiting for the day to let someone have it.

Oh and Laura- we are in the same boat. I am more of an "earth based" religion girl. Don't believe in god, the devil or the bible.

Honestly- I feel more like a free spirit and consider myself very lucky to think the way I do- I don't drink the Kool-Aid. Just DH and I going along our merry way, making our own choices and not worrying what other people want us to do.

If anyone has anything to say about- ah, well, that is just funny-- if you know me, don't even try it. If you don't know me- all I have to say is, bring it on, AND let me add, good luck

......Me and DH
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #143
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrich View Post
Our 20 lbs cat has the same 5am feeding time; but he sits on your head to wake you up! A 20 lbs tushy in your face at anytime is bad news.

20 lbs!!! How cute!!! Got a pic???

Mom's cat is 13lbs and I think he is big!

......Me and DH
Old 03-01-2010, 09:38 AM   #144
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

20 lbs, holy crap!!

Ours are 7.5 and 9 lbs. Although they still manage to focus every lb on each foot when walking on you.

Our youngest has the same problem with trying to get us up, but it's usually more around 7:30-8AM (we get up around 9).
Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 AM   #145
roomthreeseventeen

This is my little devil.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #146
maddhatir

Oh she's so cute- that little face is adorable!!! {{squoooosh}}

DH and I can't have animals- allergies AND asthma. I should tell people that is why we don't have kids.

I do love all animals though- so much so, that they are the reason I became a vegetarian....don't wear leather, fur, use products tested on animals, the whole 9 Animals make my heart melt.

......Me and DH
Old 03-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #147
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness!! So cute!!

Here are mine:

Old 03-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #148
maddhatir

Kat- your babies are so cute!!!!

......Me and DH
Old 03-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #149
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Thanks!! They are such little sweeties, too. They have both been taught to "kiss" (bump their nose against yours), and both love to cuddle and sleep on you.

The little one (calico) has never hissed or bit in the almost 2 years since we got her, at 10 weeks old. The older one we call Bea Arthur... she murrrrs a lot and will hiss, but never ever bites. We say she complains a lot but doesn't really back it up! Neither have claws.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #150
roomthreeseventeen

Bea Arthur is an excellent name for a kitten. My SO played Bea Arthur's son on Broadway

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: