Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #1
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

Fun place to grab a few drinks?

I'll be down in WDW for my birthday the last week of October, and was thinking of heading out to grab a drink. I'm really not much of a drinker, but I thought it might be fun to do. I'll be 29 and we're really just looking for a fun, easy-going atmosphere. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go?

BrdwayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:24 AM   #2
Golden_Eagle426
We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take our breath away" - Watchmen

You'll be down there for Food and Wine Festival, so there will be a variety of different things you can try at World Showcase. As for my own personal favorite, Raglan Road at Downtown Disney! Chill atmosphere, drinks, and entertainment! One of my favorite places to drink on property.

Also underrated, in my opinion, is Scat Cat's Lounge at Port Orleans French Quarter (smaller but also live jazz entertainment on Wednesday-Saturday I think. It has been a while since I hung out there)!

Hope this helps some
Cast member -Fall Advantage College Program/Spring 2012 College program (Chatham)
October 2013 - Solo Trip/MNSSHP/Food and Wine

Last edited by Golden_Eagle426; 09-19-2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: new content
Golden_Eagle426 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
SueDonym3
Mouseketeer

That time of year I would head into Epcot for Food & Wine-it has a party atmosphere at night esp on the weekends. The Tequila cave (Mexico) is also cool. If you decide to head to Downtown Disney-I second Raglan Road. Fun bar and good music. The food is good too...
SueDonym3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #4
SnowhiteHeather
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden_Eagle426 View Post
You'll be down there for Food and Wine Festival, so there will be a variety of different things you can try at World Showcase. As for my own personal favorite, Raglan Road at Downtown Disney! Chill atmosphere, drinks, and entertainment! One of my favorite places to drink on property.

Also underrated, in my opinion, is Scat Cat's Lounge at Port Orleans French Quarter (smaller but also live jazz entertainment on Wednesday-Saturday I think. It has been a while since I hung out there)!

Hope this helps some

Literally these were my exact two suggestions! Raglan Road is amazing! They have a super baileys milkshake and really cool Irish entertainment! I love sitting outside. And I actually stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside, which had a really cool bar with neat drinks and a fire place. Who doesn't like a fireplace.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:48 PM   #5
TipsyTraveler
Mouseketeer

Jellyrolls -- Dueling piano bar on the Boardwalk.
TipsyTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
Golden_Eagle426
We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take our breath away" - Watchmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowhiteHeather View Post
Literally these were my exact two suggestions! Raglan Road is amazing! They have a super baileys milkshake and really cool Irish entertainment! I love sitting outside. And I actually stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside, which had a really cool bar with neat drinks and a fire place. Who doesn't like a fireplace.
I did one of my CPs at Riverside and that bar is one of the most comfortable that I've been to. Ever. Small and relatively quiet, and that fireplace is amazing!

And to the OP, my recommendations for World Showcase: La Cava in Mexico! Crazy busy, but well worth the time and money. The pub at the UK is pretty nice also.
Cast member -Fall Advantage College Program/Spring 2012 College program (Chatham)
October 2013 - Solo Trip/MNSSHP/Food and Wine
Golden_Eagle426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #7
Joe712
Earning My Ears

Food and wine during the days, Raglan Road at night. Literally can't beat that combination!
Joe712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:44 PM   #8
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

I'm not a drinker, but there are lots of great ideas here. Maybe I'll go have a lemonade or orange juice at some of these places.
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #9
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Raglan Road!!!

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #10
Wild4Walt
DIS Veteran

Raglan is nice but if you're not a drinker here is my 2 cents...

Go during the dancing or it's just another bar.

If the dancing is not going on when you are there - then try the Whole in the Wall bar outside. It's still part of Raglan but outside and great for people watching.

Another favorite is the Bellevue Room at BWI. Great theme and is a bit off the beaten path. Again, you can sit inside or out. Outside you can watch the activity from the Boardwalk below.

POR Oct 14 / POP Oct 12 / Poly Oct 12 / CBR Nov 11 / POR Oct 10 /Pop May 10/Poly Nov 09 / CBR Mar 09 / BWI - Feb 09 / BC- Oct 08 / POFQ - Feb 08 / SSR- Dec 07 / POR - Oct 07 / Poly Oct 05
Wild4Walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #11
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild4Walt View Post

If the dancing is not going on when you are there - then try the Whole in the Wall bar outside. It's still part of Raglan but outside and great for people watching.

Another favorite is the Bellevue Room at BWI. Great theme and is a bit off the beaten path. Again, you can sit inside or out. Outside you can watch the activity from the Boardwalk below.
Thanks, exactly, I like Raglan Road for watching the dancing.
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #12
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild4Walt View Post

Hole in the Wall is my absolutely very favorite place in WDW! We like to go during happy hour and just chill....have met some great, great people there!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #13
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
Hole in the Wall is my absolutely very favorite place in WDW! We like to go during happy hour and just chill....have met some great, great people there!
I've never been there, only to Raglan. What are their Happy Hour specials?

OP - I suggest the Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge for appetizers & drinks. I love the cozy atmosphere there & they also have TVs : https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...ritory-lounge/

And, I also agree w/some PPs suggestions about the Food & Wine Festival Booths. It might be better for you since you're not really a drinker to get smaller sample sized drinks.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #14
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefecatzz View Post
I've never been there, only to Raglan. What are their Happy Hour specials?

OP - I suggest the Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge for appetizers & drinks. I love the cozy atmosphere there & they also have TVs : https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...ritory-lounge/

And, I also agree w/some PPs suggestions about the Food & Wine Festival Booths. It might be better for you since you're not really a drinker to get smaller sample sized drinks.
Happy Hour is from 3-7 and is $2 off draft beer, house wine, and house liquor. HOB also has happy hour from 3-5 and 10-close with $3 domestic bottles, and $3.75 imports, house wine, and house cocktails.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:12 PM   #15
Stefecatzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
Happy Hour is from 3-7 and is $2 off draft beer, house wine, and house liquor. HOB also has happy hour from 3-5 and 10-close with $3 domestic bottles, and $3.75 imports, house wine, and house cocktails.
I'll have to check it out then. Thanks!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: