Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #1
Sam23
Earning My Ears

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween...adults?

My friend and I are going to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween. I've read adults go and can dress up if they wish. If we decide to dress up, will we look out of places, especially since we don't have kids?
Sam23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #2
DaisyDuck001
DIS Veteran

Lots of adults, including adults without kids, will be in costumes there. If you don't want to wear something too much like a costume, you can Disneybound (wear normal clothes but matching the color scheme of a character).
DaisyDuck001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
Sam23
Earning My Ears

Thanks! That's actually what I planned to do - wear an old bridesmaids dress with white satin gloves. That way I'm dressed up, but not over the top. I'd def feel better if a lot of other adults are dressed up.
Sam23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:02 AM   #4
Pumbaa7287
I am the great Stone Dragon!
You may ask why someone would want to inflict that kind of pain on themselves

Yup! My dad's a CM and got discounted tickets for the three of us. Yes, I'm 27 and still like to go to Disney with my parents, haha. I dressed up as Russell, dad was Genie (blue face paint and all) and mom was a mousekateer. We've actually had other folks ask to take pictures with us in the past, and no weird looks or anything like that. It's Disney, everyone gets to be a kid!

Kungaloosh!

Oh the places you'll go:
Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans Resort, Saratoga Springs, All-Star Movies, Pop Century

And miles to go before I sleep:
Boardwalk Inn, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Yacht Club, All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Art of Animation

10 down, 8 to go!
Pumbaa7287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #5
EpicBilynn
Mouseketeer

My friend and I are going. 2 seriously awesome adults without kids. I'm dressing up as Wendy and she's dressing up as Lilo. We're pretty excited. I went one year and didn't dress up and felt completely out of place.

1990ish - WDW - Off-site | 2000 - DLP | July 2011 - WDW - All-Star Music | October 2011 - DLR - Off-site | December 2012/ January 2013 - NYE Disney Cruise - Magic | February 2014 - WDW - Saratoga Springs - Glass Slipper Challenge | October 2014 - WDW - All-Star Music - Tower of Terror 10-Miler | February 2015 - WDW - AKV Kidani Village - Glass Slipper Challenge | November 2015 - DLR - Off-site - Avengers Half
EpicBilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #6
Lady Marie
Earning My Ears

DH and I went last year for the first time and dressed up. I made our costumes (DH-Russell, Me-Kevin). I could tell he was a little nervous thinking we were going to be silly being just the two of us-- in hand crafted costumes nonetheless.

Well, let me tell ya, he was grinning like the biggest kid from the minute we got to the turnstiles. Other guests complimented the costumes (to us and just around us that we could overhear) and the CMs were fun and called us Kevin and Russell. Also the characters had fun asking us what we were doing in "their world" (ie Jane asking what DH was exploring and why I was there not being native to Africa and all). I think all of that was what put MNSSHP as his fave over MVMCP believe it or not (I'm still on the fence).

Dressing up was soooo much fun and really helped us get into the spirit of the night-- So much so that we are going to MNSSHP instead of MVMCP this year AND wearing the same costumes again!!!

But like other posters have said (either here or elsewhere I don't remember), think of the heat.... Feathers and sweat were not so fun by midnight!

So short answer-- Do it, it's fun!

Disneyland: 1993
Disneyland Paris: 2014
Walt Disney World: 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Lady Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:56 AM   #7
Closet Disney Junkie
Earning My Ears

Fiancee and I are going as super mario brothers: her as Mario and myself as Luigi. I know they're not Disney characters but we're recycling old costumes. This will be our first MNSSHP and I'm a bit tentative as well but from everything I've read, at least half (if not the majority) of guests dress up. I'm sure it will only enhance the experience. In the past whenever I've gone out to a bar or club on Halloween in costume, I've always had a much better time than when I've gone out without a costume. I'm assuming that will translate to Disney!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #8
CampbellzSoup
Earning My Ears

You will probably look out of place if you DON'T dress up! Disney's about being your inner child anyway, have fun and enjoy, you're in good company!
CampbellzSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #9
SuperJ
Not born, but mostly raised in Disney

Location: Washington, DC, but I consider myself half Floridian and half New Yorker

you won't be out of place at all. Went last year with my brother and parents. My brother is 25 and I'm 30. He went as a Jedi and I went as Batgirl. We were stopped quite a few times for photos and compliments. There were many adults dressed up - the people without any type of costume or at least a Halloween-themed something were the ones out of place! This year we're not doing costumes (packing light this trip), but we're still bringing Halloween t-shirts, etc to stay in the spirit of things. It was also great going to the party without kids because we were able to focus on hitting the rides with low waits rather than waiting in line for characters, trick-or-treating, etc. You'll have a great time!
SuperJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #10
Aerinha
Mouseketeer

I wasn't going to dress up, but reading so many reports of adults wearing costumes, I decided to go for it. I bought a yellow skirt and decided if I found a yellow top I would be Belle, navy Snow White. Summer tops are out of season already but in my online search I found a princess shirt made in Japan. Navy t shirt with puffy sleeves. Red felt strips were sewn on the sleeves to look like Snow's and there is a bow on the front of the neckline. I have a red headband and my mom is making me an apple shaped purse out of felt.

Now I need it not to rain on my Halloween parade.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #11
SueDonym3
Mouseketeer

Hope no one else has rain on a party night-happened to me this year and it was not fun! I went as Madam Mim-lavender wig, pink top and purple tank. Easy costume and fun. The cast members that recognized me loved it. Not many others did because it was too old school. The Halloween Party is more fun in costume
SueDonym3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:00 PM   #12
SevenSeas
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam23 View Post
My friend and I are going to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween. I've read adults go and can dress up if they wish. If we decide to dress up, will we look out of places, especially since we don't have kids?
I sure hope not, because my DH and I are both dressing up... even if he doesn't want to!
SevenSeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #13
mommary
DIS Veteran

Two years ago I went to MNSSHP with my two DD (now 33/35).
We had the best time ever!
We dressed as pirates since it was the easiest costume to pack.(We were flying.)
We went on all the rides and did all the lines for the candy.
So much fun... I hope to do it again someday soon.
mommary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #14
Bentoch
Earning My Ears

My girlfriend and I have gone for the past 3 years and love dressing up. We always try and come up with something fun to change it up. This year I went as dreamfinder and had tons of people come up to me and say how much they missed the ride. It was a lot of fun.
Bentoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:50 PM   #15
Candice30
World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.

My friends and I just went without kids and dressed up. We were alice in wonderland. Go ahead and have some fun!
[IMG][/IMG]
Candice30 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: