Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Skylersmommy5
Mouseketeer

Becki & Erick's VR PJ- Updated 4/9WDW Trip delayed until Sept., but we're still goin

Hi Everyone. I thought I would start and introduce my DH and I. I am Becki and my DH is Erick. We have been married since June 1, 2007 in a JOP office in in Virginia (where we live) and a month and later before we welcomed our little love, our DS named Skyler. Erick and I are in the beginning stages of starting to save up and plan little by little our DFTW VR. We know this is going to take us a couple of years to save up as we are planning a Wishes VR for 100-115 guests. Any tips and suggestions you have will greatly be appreciated. Quite a few of you have already helped me out a bit, thank you so much I look foward to connecting with as many other Dis Brides and Grooms on! here who are also planning your DFTW or VRs. I will let you know more about us in more posts.

Right now all we have is our Cinderella and Prince Charming Cake Topper (sad and pathetic I know). I am having trouble posting pictures from photobucket as my computer (even plugged in) doesn't like to stay on long enough for me to do so. I have an idea of dresses I love for me and for my Bridesmaids. We do know we will be hiring my dear friends from High School who lives in South Florida, Lindsay Moretti of Lindsay Brynn Photography to be our Photographer for our VR. We are also thinking of seeking my old Cantor from the Temple I attended as a child Cantor Karen Blum to be our Officiate.

Thank you all for reading and I look foward to updating often as we plan!

Last edited by Skylersmommy5; 04-10-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Skylersmommy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Wow, you're going to have a huge VR!! Can't wait to follow along.

Just a thought with your computer, mine was doing that before, and it turned out the fan was full of dust and hair and stuff, so it wasn't turning and keeping the computer cool, so every time it over heated it would turn off. Sometimes within a matter of seconds of turning it on.

I opened it up and we used an air compressor with an air dryer (yes air, not hair ) to blow everything out of it. It has worked perfectly since then.

Just something you might want to try if it's not the battery or anything like that - that's what I thought was the problem with mine.
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

welcome

welcome and have fun planning
Old 02-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Skylersmommy5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
Wow, you're going to have a huge VR!! Can't wait to follow along.

Just a thought with your computer, mine was doing that before, and it turned out the fan was full of dust and hair and stuff, so it wasn't turning and keeping the computer cool, so every time it over heated it would turn off. Sometimes within a matter of seconds of turning it on.

I opened it up and we used an air compressor with an air dryer (yes air, not hair ) to blow everything out of it. It has worked perfectly since then.

Just something you might want to try if it's not the battery or anything like that - that's what I thought was the problem with mine.
First of all thank you for stopping by and welcoming us to the boards and following along with us. Thank you so much for the tip for my computer. I will
have to see if my DFil has an air dryer and see if that may do the trick. Luckily I have an iPhone and can access the boards on here when my computer acts up. It also is a lot easier for me to use my phone since our son thinks every computer is his. We've also learned recently about problems
Windows Vista has, and unfortunately that's what our laptop runs on and it crashes so much on us, which is unfortunate.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
Skylersmommy5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
welcome and have fun planning
Thank you so much.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

Wow it sounds like its going to be huge!!! I am so glad that you are going to get your dream wedding.

Have you thought at all about which venues you want to use? How do you picture your perfect day?
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Yay you started a PJ!! Congratulations...and post some pictures!!!
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #8
ChocoKat
Is there a 12 step program for Disney Addicts?

Welcome!!
DH and I are planning our 10 year VR for 2011. It looks like yours will be an incredible party! Can't wait to hear all about it
ChocoKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #9
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Subbing to my fellow Orange fan's PJ!!!!

May 2014 (BLT), Dec 2013 (BLT/AKL), Sept/Oct '12 (AKV/DCL), Jan '11 (AKL),Sept/Oct '10 (AKL/BLT/DCL/BWV), Sept '09 (BLT), April/May '09 (BW/AKL), Sept/Oct 08 (POP/AKL), Nov 03 (ASMovies/AKL), Nov 01 (CBR), Nov 97 (Disney Village Resort), '87 (off property), '77 (CR)
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
Skylersmommy5
Mouseketeer

Thank you all, and Thank you Lori. We actually talked last night and we kind of thought 125 guests price wise is going to be out of our reach, especially since I want to either treat he Ladies to Tea in the GF or Lunch at CRT, and let Erick have time with his guys, especially since it has been so hard for him to see his best 2 guy friends. One of them was in jail for a few years followed by house arrest(long story, but I understand his story and I have too much of a heart of gold to judge him for going to jail, especially if it's for defending a family member) and his other best guy friend is over in Kuait as a
Firefighter. Also on our actual wedding day it
was hard for us not having Erick's brother
Mike with us as he was sent to Iraq for the
War(he just got out of the ARMY in one piece
but partially deaf from a bomb going off in
his ear).

Last night I suggested we plan either an
Escape VR or DCL(and which ever location we
don't choose to be the site we will have the
other as a mini family vacation just Erick,
Skyler, & I). He liked my idea of 10-13 of us
and make it fun amongst our best and
closest friends and our son.

A little bit about how Erick & I met. We
actually both went to a very tiny college in
Southern Vermont called Landmark College. It only hosts about 400-500 students and it is specifically for students with learning
dissabilities. I appologize if my PJ and TR
may seem all over the place, but it would be
my ADD Brain for you. Erick came into
Landmark my 2nd year(they don't go by
classifications of Freshman, Sopphomore,
etc. there) and it was his first year, and
believe it or not we lived 2 rooms away from
eachother. We met in our friends Kat & Jen's room when my roommate Courtney(she will be one of my Bridesmaids) kicked me out of our room so she could spend time with her boyfriend in our room alone. I happily obliged. Erick and his girlfriend Kate came over and we became friends and were pretty much in the same circle of friends that whole year. I left Ladmark and even 4 years later Erick & I were still extremely close friends. Erick helped me
overcome something horrible that happened to me at Landmark and was always there I had an anxiety attack in the middle of the night.

Erick Aldo helped me realize I could be trated much better by him than my Ex-fiancé was treating me, and he has been everything and more I could have ever dreamed of in a Husband and Father.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 PM   #11
Skylersmommy5
Mouseketeer

Our Engagement Story:

Erick had planned when he was working at Target Full Time in 2006 and once his Culinary Arts Course he was taking he was going to use his saved Vacation time to come and visit me in the Boston Area where I was living at the time. He knew before we started dating that I not only was looking for Hubby Material but Father Material since my Biological Clock is ticking(sorry for that bit of info, sad reality Early Menopause runs in my family an happens in the early 30's) and knew I wanted kids of my own.

Erick drove up to Boston a few days early while I was in Syracuse for my little sister & now DBil's Graduations and it just happene to be during the Monsoon. Erick left home early to drive in the monsoon. Don't worry he didn't have to sleep in his car, I left him a key to my apartment so he could have my
nice & comfy warm bed to himself. I returned
after the last day of the Graduation Events and sadly most of Erick's trip was so rainy
but we made it fun. We started dating May
15, 2006 and got Engaged May 19, 2006 (a
very short 4 days later). Erick got to meet
my little brother Matt, my sister Pam, our now Bil Joe, my dad & stepmom. Sadly he
missed meeting my Grandparents. We later took the Subway into Downtown Boston and I took him for a stroll aroud Harvard Yard, then the next stop was to take him to see
Fenway Park(home of my beloved Boston
Red Sox). We had just started walking down
Yawkey Way (this is where most of the
pregame events happen right outside the
stadium) and out of nowhere and completely
unplanned Erick says to me "I promise to
marry you one day and have kids with you
when the time is right". Much to my
excitement it made the rest of his stay feel
so unreal and hard to believe. I then took
Erick to Fanuel Hall and we had a very
relaxing dinner at the famous Cheers! Later
we got back to my apartment and we were
having fun writing on eachother's backs with
our fingers. Erick tried writing "Will You
Marry Me?" on my back and he couldn't quite
spell it out. He then got one one knee and
popped the question. He knew my answer
would never be a no so he was just as
excited as I was. To end his trip, the night
before he left he cooked me the most
delicious candle lit dinner(which was baked
chicken Parmesan and speghetti, it was
missing some garlic bread and salad, but still
very delicious, and a nice bottle of wine and
some beautiful roses from Erick. Erick went
back to Virginia, but came for a day in
June/July when my sister was moving to
Houston, TX for Grad School, and then
moved in with me in Aug.

We were waiting until after my sister's
wedding set foe 7/5/08 and my Brother's Bar
Mitzvah on 11/7/09 for us to plan a wedding, until we got the news in Dec. 2006 we were expecting a baby. Eeryone in my family was completely miffed with us(but all but my dad got over it) and my mom kept urging us to go ahead and get married. She seemed surprised I didn't tell my dad we needed to plan a wedding, but Erick & I knew from the get go we would be paying for our wedding and my dad not contributing a penny toward it. The only extremely heavy expense that went toward our JOP Wedding were our rings, all 3 of them bought at the same time including a Promise Ring(since all the Engagement Rings were out of our price range). We bought them all 2 weeks before we got married but at least had rings to exchange.

Up Next: The Many Adventures of our Little Wedding Day, with a Bridezilla Moment. If you've seen the movie Adventures in Babysitting, our Wedding Day kind of felt like that.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #12
Skylersmommy5
Mouseketeer

I have stollen some pictures via my phone from my Myspace Page, so as soon as I can get them loaded into my Photobucket account, I'll attach links to them(sorry I don't know how to post pictures or even resize them). Our computer still int working abd we're still waiting on buying our new one.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:13 AM   #13
Bride-to-be
DIS Veteran

You have such a cute story!

I am sorry your dad was not supportive. I know thats always hard.

I can't wait to see pictures. If you upload them into photobucket, click on the picture to open it then if you run your cursor over the picture a bar will appear at the top. One of the tabs is resize. Just beware that if you shrink a photo you can't expand it again you can only make it smaller.
Bride-to-be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #14
Petals & Pixie Dust
DIS Veteran

Definitely hopping on to this one! Love your story...can't wait to see the details!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #15
Skylersmommy5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-to-be View Post
You have such a cute story!

I am sorry your dad was not supportive. I know thats always hard.

I can't wait to see pictures. If you upload them into photobucket, click on the picture to open it then if you run your cursor over the picture a bar will appear at the top. One of the tabs is resize. Just beware that if you shrink a photo you can't expand it again you can only make it smaller.
Thank you so much Cassie for letting me know how to re-size the pictures on photo bucket. And thank you so much. My dad is a bit much, and that's the nice way of describing him. I am his oldest, but not a Daddy's Girl. He did something to me a few years ago, just to save me many anxiety attacks & tears from him, we don't have a relationship anymore.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: