Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Revan
Mouseketeer

Disney Confessions

I thought it was great and a unique discussion (better than the bracket podcasts).

My confession - I keep a fastpass in my wallet, carry a little bit of Disney with me wherever I go. My current one has been in there since December 6, 2011 - Rockin Roller Coaster...

2008 - Wilderness Lodge first trip in 20 years; 2010 - Port Orleans; 2011 - Caribbean Beach/Beach Club; 2012 - Coranado Springs
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
NeuroCindy
Earning My Ears

I'm the Cindy that dresses up. Sometimes you just need to be a princess To be fair though, I used to sing in competitions through grade and high school, so I can really sing. I don't know why I'm trying to defend this

I also check for dinning reservations regularly (especially for BoG)so I can post on the boards if someone wants them.
NeuroCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #3
Kristina4109
DIS Veteran

That is so cool that you post whenever you see a free BoG ressie. Thanks!
Kristina4109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
Kimberle
WL Vet

RE the b/fast Poly parking. Just an "fyi", when you have an ADR (or like), you are given a parking pass good for 2-3 hours. According to Disney policy, you are not suppose to park all day.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
Nooshkin
I'll be your best friend if you get me into Club 33 just once!

I have a hidden Mickey in my bathroom. I'm sure most if you will never be in my bathroom so I'll give you the spoiler! You can see it when sitting on the toilet, in the reflection of one of the mirrors!
Old 09-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
NeuroCindy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooshkin View Post
I have a hidden Mickey in my bathroom. I'm sure most if you will never be in my bathroom so I'll give you the spoiler! You can see it when sitting on the toilet, in the reflection of one of the mirrors!
We need pictures!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #7
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

I always keep my room key on me until the next trip -not sure what I'll do with MagicBands. Haven't used those yet and there's another year or two till the next trip.
GAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #8
PoorSkippy
Earning My Ears

Disney Confessions

I thought this segment was a riot! Great idea, guys!

I related to a few of those confessions, but I have been especially guilty of the "imaginary trip planning" for years. Sometimes, I even go so far as to pretend to plan trips for other people.
PoorSkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:39 AM   #9
tjevans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
I always keep my room key on me until the next trip -not sure what I'll do with MagicBands. Haven't used those yet and there's another year or two till the next trip.
I still have my key from my 2011 trip in my wallet!

This is a person with multiple skill sets
tjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #10
tjevans
DIS Veteran

While I loved the segment, I am depressed after listening to it.

I do many of the things that were considered sad and pathetic.
  • I am a professional with Disney in my office (I have Vinylmations, a Disney print, and a Disney coffee cup)
  • I plan trips when I'm not going
  • I felt guilty when my children wanted to watch Nickelodeon instead of Disney (although a change from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was welcome)
  • While divorced, I worried that I would never find someone who was as obsessed with Disney as I.
  • I don't like to spend time in World Showcase.

I also loved that Teresa wasn't judging, but would say certain obsessions are too much.

This is a person with multiple skill sets
tjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #11
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

I carry a planner as a wallet and I have tons of Disney photos in there that I keep with me at all times. I also wear my Disney Alex and Ani Braclets and I have an entire corner of my living room dedicated to Disney collectibles and all of my room keys are hanging on my pin cork board!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
njbuck
Earning My Ears

Bless me, Mickey, for I have sinned... I confess:

I have Disney Park photos and collectables all over the house. It started with a Mickey themed guest bedroom and bathroom, but quickly spread all over.

I do put up a Disney only Christmas tree, but I also put up another one with regular ornaments too.

I love reading the message boards (daily) and listening to the podcasts (weekly) to find out what's coming, where to eat, and where to stay. My favorite boards are the photos of the parks and the food photos.

What can I say, this stuff makes me happy.
njbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #13
Nooshkin
I'll be your best friend if you get me into Club 33 just once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbuck View Post
Bless me, Mickey, for I have sinned... I do put up a Disney only Christmas tree, but I also put up another one with regular ornaments too...
I do that too!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #14
SoScary'09
Has Friends on the Other Side

My bathroom is themed with the monorail loop resorts. There are framed pictures of the GF and poly, and atop one of the cabinets is a jar filled with sand from the CR beach. It's kinda subtle so when we do have guests they never seem to pick up on it.

There's a large framed blueprint of the original plans for the HM hanging in my hallway. Unless you really know what you're looking at, it's easy to miss too.

Our kitchen, however, isn't so subtle. Our twelve month calendar is a shutterfly mash-up of personalized photos from our last trip. There's also a bright blue castle photo in a frame by our dining room table. Our fridge is a monstrosity of WDW and DL magnets.

Halloween '09:-CR Halloween '11:-Poly Halloween '13-BC March '14: First DL Trip
SoScary'09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:42 PM   #15
NeuroCindy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjevans View Post
While I loved the segment, I am depressed after listening to it.

I do many of the things that were considered sad and pathetic.
  • I am a professional with Disney in my office (I have Vinylmations, a Disney print, and a Disney coffee cup)
  • I plan trips when I'm not going
  • I felt guilty when my children wanted to watch Nickelodeon instead of Disney (although a change from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse was welcome)
  • While divorced, I worried that I would never find someone who was as obsessed with Disney as I.
  • I don't like to spend time in World Showcase.

I also loved that Teresa wasn't judging, but would say certain obsessions are too much.
Don't let their comments get to you. Everyone has quirks, Disney related or not.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: