Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
DisneyKentucky
DIS Veteran

Location: Bowling Green, Ky. about 45 mins from Nashville, Tn.

RunDisney eliminates Tower of Terror 10-Miler.

They released the schedule via Facebook:
http://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/h...20947653_o.jpg

I just ran the ToT this weekend. Fun race. Not surprised though with all the new races added that this had to go. 9 races in both areas is quite a busy schedule.
DisneyWorld- Sept. 2010, April 2011, Dec. 2011, Dec. 2012, Oct-Nov 2013, January 2013 ran the Half Marathon at Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend 2014 and May/June 2014 Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event and 2 weekends of Star Wars Weekends!
End of July/ Beginning of Aug 2014 for Frozen Summer and quick 6 day trip.
Finished Tower of Terror 10 miler October 2014 and a trip for 10 days at Walt Disney World.
DisneyKentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKentucky View Post
They released the schedule via Facebook:
http://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/h...20947653_o.jpg

I just ran the ToT this weekend. Fun race. Not surprised though with all the new races added that this had to go. 9 races in both areas is quite a busy schedule.
It's not clear that it's been eliminated completely from the schedule. There will be some heavy construction going on at DHS next year, so they may not be able to run it again until 2016. There's still time to reroute the race and run it in 2015, too, but the CMs at the event seemed to think it wouldn't happen next year. The original iteration of the ToT race (13k) ran for 3 years before taking a couple of years off and coming back as the ToT10M. The Halloween events are very popular, so I'd be surprised if they don't try to reschedule or reroute it.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #3
DisneyKentucky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytripsandraces View Post
It's not clear that it's been eliminated completely from the schedule. There will be some heavy construction going on at DHS next year, so they may not be able to run it again until 2016. There's still time to reroute the race and run it in 2015, too, but the CMs at the event seemed to think it wouldn't happen next year. The original iteration of the ToT race (13k) ran for 3 years before taking a couple of years off and coming back as the ToT10M. The Halloween events are very popular, so I'd be surprised if they don't try to reschedule or reroute it.
Well, it has been eliminated for next year with no announcement of return.
DisneyWorld- Sept. 2010, April 2011, Dec. 2011, Dec. 2012, Oct-Nov 2013, January 2013 ran the Half Marathon at Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend 2014 and May/June 2014 Rock Your Disney Side 24 hour event and 2 weekends of Star Wars Weekends!
Finished Tower of Terror 10 miler October 2014 and a trip for 10 days at Walt Disney World.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #4
MaryJ
Believes in Tag Gremlins, not Tag Fairies
Has unstinky Crocs

I just hope that if it comes back in some form in 2016, that they make some kind of concession for those of us who were so far "perfectly terrified"….that is, we've run the race all three years. Unlikely, I know, but running that race was my five year goal.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:58 AM   #5
mytripsandraces
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKentucky View Post
Well, it has been eliminated for next year with no announcement of return.
It's not on the schedule, but it may appear later. I hope it does, anyway, just like I hope the Disneyland Paris race will appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryJ View Post
I just hope that if it comes back in some form in 2016, that they make some kind of concession for those of us who were so far "perfectly terrified"….that is, we've run the race all three years. Unlikely, I know, but running that race was my five year goal.
I hoped they would grandfather in the 3 13k races, but that didn't happen. Now, I'm with you, hoping they'll ignore the missing year (from their schedule, not mine) and include the first three 10-milers in their legacy count, when the race comes back.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:14 AM   #6
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Lets bring in the Haunted Mansion Half Marathon in its place

I was there a week ago and it was a blast.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #7
DisneyKentucky
DIS Veteran

I kind of wished I did the 5k instead. I loved the non-Highway portion of the ToT 10 miler. The Parkway is so boring. I wish there was a way to run around the Fort Wilderness area for a race.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
SunDial
Where Are The Umbrella Hats

Now that would be fun. I was there 2 weekend ago for brother birthday and did my training running around some of the loops while there.

I also measured on google maps and it came out to 11 miles if you ran from out at the main parking lot thru all of the loops and back to the front. It became 15 miles with a loop over the Wilderness Lodge.

I am going to head back to the Fort for one of the long training runs in preparation for the Goofy Challenge in January.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: