Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #31
sambycat
DIS Veteran

how cool! love your dress and all your ideas! you two look so cute! we are getting to disneyland the end of april (missing bat day! ) - i haven't been in 5 years, we've never been together. i would LOVE to be married at DL!! if i were doing that, we'd totally "flash mob" it and just get hitched on pirates or in the REAL haunted mansion!!

the reception looks really nice - and congrats on the great dress and where you found it!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #32
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Very nice stuff, Sam!!!!

I like the tears of joy packet with the small silver ribbon - very cute!

lazydoxy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #33
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Hi Sam! I had no idea you had a PJ going on. I will definitely be following from now on. The venue looks very beautiful.
Lifelong_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #34
chocolate786
Earning My Ears

OH WOW! I love the combination of red and black and your venue is amazing! good luck!
chocolate786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #35
CelticBelle
I think my favorite is a phone ringing
Thats me too! the cat herder!

bridesmaid and flower girl dresses!

Ok so i have found bridesmaid and flower girl dresses. I just have to decide whether we should take the jump and order them online without having tried them on.

As a reminder this is what my dress looks like. No beading, just solid duchess satin, with jewels under the bust and a sweetheart neckline.

Different bridesmaid dresses. They may choose their own. I havent decided on red or black, but theyll all be the same color.

Flower girl dresses

What do you guys think?

Last edited by CelticBelle; 05-17-2010 at 05:12 PM.
CelticBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #36
ghoulish delight
Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!

Cute BM dresses!! I looove love the first one! So cute and rewearable! And the FG dress is precious too.

| Anjanette & Jason | May 8th, 2010 | Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden |
[The Planning Journal & The Wedding Trip Report]
ghoulish delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:53 AM   #37
Princess Row
His Disney girl! <3

Wow! I immediately fell in love with all your plans! Even though im only 15 i love looking over peoples things. Its adorable how you met in high school. I LOVE your weeding dress, and i like the second BM dress the best. Im a fan of strapless and flowing. I'm sure what you pick will be amazing and beautiful either way.
Princess Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:59 AM   #38
CelticBelle

Thanks for following along! I used to love looking at everyones plans too. Now that I should be planning, it just feels like an overload to read everyones pjs.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #39
CelticBelle

Shoes

So I just received my shoes. They are super tall! I guess itll take me a while to get used to them. My only problem is that I wanted to wear flats for the reception, but I really cant do it without my dress dragging on the ground. Any ideas?

I thought the flower would look tacky, but in person its very cute.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #40
TinkLoverSam
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your shoes!!!!!

Not sure about the hem, I too am wearing very tall heels for the wedding but we're not dancing so I'm not too worried about them (except for loosing a heel on the Boardwalk when we take pictures) but I did buy some cute colour matched flip flops for if my feet get sore, I figure I'll deal with the hem if I have to.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #41
Lavender_Blue
Dilly Dilly

Ooh, a DL bride! And one that was a CM to boot! I absolutely MUST pick your brain! And follow your PJ, of course!

See, I'm looking to have DL wedding next year as well (we're thinking late Sept/early Oct - and using the same locations as you, in fact!). I'm thinking of doing the cheaper $5000 package, but I was wondering....if you're a CM do you get a pretty signifigant discount? I'm still not going to have a very big wedding, but I may have more than 26 people (which is the maximum for the $5000 package). I still want to stick to that budget though.

Also I'm not a CM currently (or, anymore), though I often do work seasonally which does grant me CM status. I'm thinking of going back to DAK for the summer next year if I do get good discount on the wedding...but I wonder if me being seasonal counts or if Summer 2011 is too late for me to get a discount for a Fall 2011 wedding?

What do you think?

Also, would you happen to know if DL offers any other events you can plan? I was thinking that after the reception it'd be fun to do a dessert party of sorts for the evening. I know they do that at WDW, do they do something like that at DL?

My ol' Halloweentime Pumpkin Patch!
With help so far from Cinderella89, SweaterInJune & NDM#1

Lavender_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #42
DisneyFanatic28
"It all started with a mouse"

Smile Disneylands New Escape Package

To Lavender Blue:

I'm not sure if someone has already told you this but DL had just started offering an escape package just like at WDW for also $5000. Someone posted the info that a wedding planner sent to her on a diff thread but I forgot which one! Sorry but if you dig a little you can find it! I can also find it and post it when I do.

And yes you can do a Fantasmic dessert party! Again idk if you already found this info but its $59/person; again its on another thread. Ill post it when I find it.

DisneyFanatic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #43
Lavender_Blue
Dilly Dilly

Yeah, the "cheaper $5000 package" I was referring to was the escape package you're talking about. I had already called and was emailed an attachment about it from Disney - it's pretty nice! But thanks anyway for the help!

And it's good to know there are dessert party options. I hope by the time I call to try and plan that they might have something worked out for World of Color.

I also hear they have an Electrical Light Parade rehearsal dinner, but I'm not sure if I want a rehearsal dinner.

Old 07-03-2010, 04:21 PM   #44
Lavender_Blue
Dilly Dilly

Oh ALSO -

Sam,

I had recently went to a wedding where the bride did something neat with her dress to keep it from dragging and it looked like a nice way to have the BM help you on your wedding day.

After the ceremony, the bridesmaids pinned the back of her dress to make a sort of bustle. A couple of bridesmaids were appointed to learn to do it when they went with the bride to her dress fitting. There was something very touching about all the bridesmaids coming together to help the bride out on her special day. And the bustle looked really pretty, too. I don't know if your dress is long enough to make a bustle, but you could certainly ask.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:21 PM   #45
DisneyFanatic28
"It all started with a mouse"

Lightbulb Fantasmic! Dessert Party Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender_Blue View Post
Yeah, the "cheaper $5000 package" I was referring to was the escape package you're talking about. I had already called and was emailed an attachment about it from Disney - it's pretty nice! But thanks anyway for the help!

And it's good to know there are dessert party options. I hope by the time I call to try and plan that they might have something worked out for World of Color.

I also hear they have an Electrical Light Parade rehearsal dinner, but I'm not sure if I want a rehearsal dinner.
Ok found the info! Hope this helps. It was from Bridetobe82's planning journal and she has a pic of the dessert plate.

Fantasmic! Premium Seating With Dessert

The wonderful Disneyland show Fantasmic! is included in your theme park admission and is shown every night in the summer, and on weekends during parts of the winter. In low season it may not be offered. You can stand with the crowds and watch it for no extra cost. But if you want to watch Fantasmic! with the best possible view and comfortable seating (and enjoy yummy desserts at the same time), you may want to consider booking Fantasmic! Premium Seating.

Fantasmic! Premium Seating includes a reserved seat in a private area near the Haunted Mansion. There are about 60 seats in the Premium Seating area. You will also enjoy a fabulous dessert and drinks such as coffee, soda, iced tea and hot chocolate. If you book Premium Seating for the first performance of Fantasmic! offered that evening, you will also be allowed to keep your seat for the fireworks.

This is strictly a luxury experience and very costly. Reserved seating for Fantasmic! is $59 per adult, $49 per child.

To get reserved seating for Fantasmic! you MUST call one month before the day you plan to attend. (It usually sells out within minutes.) Be on the phone to (714) 781-4400 at 8:00 am (PST). They will give you a confirmation number. On the day of your reservation, you will need to bring that confirmation number, the credit card used to purchase the tickets, and photo ID.

On the day of your reservation, pick up your tickets at Guest Relations outside the Disneyland entrance. Show up at least 30 minutes in advance (45 is better) at the special seating area. They will call you about 20 minutes before the show and show you to your seats. Usually you will be seated based in the order of the tickets purchased, but this is not guaranteed.

We planned a dessert party for our guests right after our rehearsal and everyone had a great time! My mom called exactly one month before right when the ticket office opened and we were lucky to get tickets for all of our guests. Unlike WDW, Disneyland's dessert party is not a private party but a section blocked off with first come first serve seating for those that purchased a ticket. A couple of our family members arrived an hour early to reserve seats for the entire bridal party so that we were able to all sit together. We had the perfect view of Fantasmic! and we were able to stay and watch the firework show right after. We were given all you can drink soda, coffee and hot chocolate.

DisneyFanatic28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: