Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Pre Trip Report.......For This Saturday 13th Feb...

Hello There Guys! Just thought I would put a little report together for my trip to WDW this Saturday 13th February!!

This Is Me Outside Pleasure Island In March!!!

WHO IS GOING?

Well its going to be me and my 27 year old brother, who will already be out there!!

WHAT ARE MY TRAVELLING PLANS?

Im on the flight from Manchester To Orlando at 1:30 on Virgin Atlantic, when I get to the airport I will be considering paying for an upgrade but that is something that I will decide on the day. Ive even treated myself to a new passport cover with my beloved Arsenal on it!

When I get to Orlando, I shall be getting transport with Mears...which leeds me to....

WHERE AM I STAYING?

When I arrive on the Saturday night, I Shall be staying the Saturday & Sunday nights at the Comfort Inn at Palm Parkway, I needed some dirt cheap accomodation near Disney for the two nights and as ive stayed there before it seemed perfect for me as I am not driving, im near downtown Disney and some good places for food are within walking distance.....

...Then on the Monday, I shall be making my way to the Royal Crown Plaza on Beuana Vista Way to meet my brother who arrives there on the Monday from Daytona....and then were staying there until our deperture on Tuesday 23rd Feb.....

WHAT HAVE I GOT PLANNED?

Well this is my 8th time out there, so Ive done alot of the attractions before...so what I have done ticket wise is bought a 5 Days Disney Hopper pass & The 14 day Universal Studios pass. Im a huge fan of Islands Of Adventure and I can never get enough of the Hulk, but at the same time I do like to go to Disney...which as a 23 year old straight male is hard to admit!!!

Other things ive got planned when im out there include Orlando Magic Vs Dallas Mavericks with transport thrown in. I spoke to a few guys on here that have done this and everyone recommended doing it and its the chance to have a few beers!

Were also planning on going to watch TNA Wrestling at Universal Studios, we sometimes struggle for things to do at later at night and seeing as were massively into our sport, its a good chance for us to go and watch something for free we know nothing about and again have a few beers! ( There seems to be an ongoing theme here! )

WHERE WILL BE EATING???

Like most men on these boards, I have an appetite for destruction! I love my food. So far we have planned meals at House Of Blues, Prime Time Cafe, Planet Hollywood and will also be going to the Gospel Brunch on the Sunday as weve heard some really good things about this and have never actually done it!

I am a huge fan of the BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwhich, accompanied by a nice cold Sam Adams....they seem to go hand in hand!

ANYTHING ELSE WEVE GOT PLANNED?

Well the main things I want to do as always when I go to Orlando Are:-

Ride All My Fav Adrenaline Rides - The Hulk, Spiderman, Dr Dooms Towers, Dueling Dragons, Tower Of Terror, Jurrasic Park, Mummy, Rip Rid N Rocket, Space Mountain, Rock N Rolla Coasta....I Love all these rides and never get bored of them

Try New Food - I love trying new cuisine when I go on any holiday whether it be Orlando, Greece, Spain, Mexico...I have to try something new, So if anyone has any new ideas for me! Last time I went in March i found out that I actually like Funnel Cakes!!!

LOTS OF SHOPPING!!! I think Florida Mall is a deffinate, I get carried away especially in Abercrombie & Fitch!

And Finallly...Try and find somewhere where I Can watch Arsenal playing Porto in the Champions League!!!

So thats really my planning done, I think when youve been alot before each time you go the planning becomes abit easier as you know exactly what you want to do and what you dont, especially with only two of us going!!!!

Well Guys, When I get back I will post pics and a report of my findings on my latest visit...my only two things now I have unplanned are:-

How I Spend Valentines Day On my Own!!!! And....
WHERE I CAN GET THAT FIRST PINT OF SAM ADAMS!!!!!!!

Past VisitsMGM Grand,Las Vegas. March 201113th Feb 2010 - Royal Crown Plaza March 2009 - Port Orleons, French Quarter,October 2007 - Port Orleons French Quarter,April 2004 - Comfort Inn,October 1999 - Port Orleons French Quarter,October 1997 -Port Orleons - French Quarter,October 1995 - Grosvenor LBV,October 1993 - Delta

Follow Me On Twitter www.twitter.com/Allsworth27

Last edited by Jordanblackpool; 02-07-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Jordanblackpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Natasha&Matt
I fancy Prince Eric

Sounds great hun
Let me know what the Gospel Brunch is like i have seen good reports on that too!!

Maybe try the ESPN Bar and The TGI Fridays sports bar for the footie? When i was there in 2005 i watched Liverpool win the champions league on the TV in our room in Pop Century

Looking forward to the full trip report.

May 2005 All star Movies May 2008 Pop Century September 2009 Newport Bay Club
May 2010 Enclave Suites/Hard Rock Hotel Club/Pop Century

Natasha&Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #3
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Great start Jordan! You sound just like my boyfriend, he LOVES Abercrombie & Fitch!

Looking forward to more.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Great start Jordan sounds like a fab trip

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:22 AM   #5
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Sounds like a great trip.

I haven't been there but http://www.cricketersarmspub.com/ (on I-Drive) shows Premiership games so I bet they will show the Champions league matches too.

ETA - They are showing it, click on the Calendar tab.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Ahhh i remember going to the Cricketers many many moons ago to watch an England game, i thought it had shut down!!! Will deffinatley be going there and I may even nip in the night before to see Mr Beckham score against United!...Only nip in tho

Past VisitsMGM Grand,Las Vegas. March 201113th Feb 2010 - Royal Crown Plaza March 2009 - Port Orleons, French Quarter,October 2007 - Port Orleons French Quarter,April 2004 - Comfort Inn,October 1999 - Port Orleons French Quarter,October 1997 -Port Orleons - French Quarter,October 1995 - Grosvenor LBV,October 1993 - Delta

Old 02-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #7
Kevin Stringer
Chat Host
Oddly concerned about an elephant living in his pyjamas
The TF would like to see Kevin’s rendition of 'Great balls of fire'

Any young chap that spends time in Hooters is obviously a gentleman of taste and refinement, just like my good self. Well, maybe not the 'young' part.

Given your liking for sport and beer a trip to the ESPN Club is a must. Maybe try the Orlando Ale House as well?

Kev
Kevin Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:45 AM   #8
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Have a great time! Looking forward to the full trip report.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:31 AM   #9
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

Sounds like an awesome trip, you're right that each trip gets easier for planning and knowing what you wanna do, have a fab time and look forward to hearing all about it

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Great plans I hope you have a fab holiday Jordan

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:27 PM   #11
jamjar84
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great trip. Hope you have a lovely time.
jamjar84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #12
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Great plans, hope you have the most fantastic time

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Im gettin rather excited now! Only two more days of work!

Old 02-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #14
suzycute
DIS Veteran

Have a great trip and let us know how it went when you get back!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:26 AM   #15
Jordanblackpool
DIS Veteran

Cheers for all the messages guys! Il make sure i put together some entertaining day reports for you when i come back!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: