Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Nancy for Disney
DIS Veteran

Pampered Chef Cookware

This will be my first post on the cooking forum. Why I haven't been here before is beyond me as I love to cook and unfortunately love eating even more.

Anyway, I am getting ready to have a Pampered Chef party. My original plan was to have the party so I can get the cookware half off. I will still be paying $145 to $160 on the cookware with the discount. This would include three pieces plus 2 lids.

My Pampered Chef rep is very new so I am not entirely comfortable in asking her questions. I will be her 4th party.

For the people that have the cookware, what are your opinions? I currently have some of the pieces and have been satisfied but not "this is the best stuff ever!" either. My wok has started to chip although it is now 10 years old. I have other pieces that are chipping. These are a little older and used frequently so I am not too bothered by it. Of course, these are the items that I am hoping to replace.

I cook all the time so I am considering getting the "Professional" cookware which is stainless steal. I have never used that before. What are some opinions of the stainless cookware? Is it easy to clean?

Is there something out there that is comparable to Pampered Chef for less money?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

1973 WDW - 1983 WDW- 1989 Disneyland -2000 Disneyland - 2008 My Family's First Trip to WDW
2009 (Dec) No Kids Trip to Disney: TR LINK http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2330724

Nancy for Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

I inherited my grandmother's stainless steel saladmaster cookware (she bought it in the 1970's) and it is in great condition. At the same time, it is more expensive than the pampered chef cookware. I only have a frying pan (not the stainless) and I love it.

I really like much of my pampered chef stuff but I have not bought the cookware- I have stoneware pieces, knives(I love their knives and had a party to get there more expensive knives at half off and it was so worth it), and small gadget types things.

Rebecca
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
EeyoreEma
DIS Veteran

In my opinion, the ultimate in cookware is AllClad. It's a splurge for sure, but my dh adds to my collection as birthdays and Christmas' roll around. I haven't used the Pampered Chef cookware (only their stoneware) but I don't think I would spend that much on it, simply because I don't think it would be as everlasting as getting really nice stainless steel. Now if you still want non-stick, my aunt got me a Todd English wok for Christmas, and it's very nice.
EeyoreEma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
MazdaUK
Curse this time difference!
You show me yours I'll show you mine!
Now I just want to go home and spread my bits of paper about

My non-stick PC saucepans are about 8 years old and some of the non-stick is wearing off (I blame DH and his love of scouring pads!). I had a PC last year and bought the large saute pan, and it looks like the coating is better than the old ones. Stainless steel is OK to clean but you might have to soak it - I prefer to make sauces in non-stick because its easier to get every drop out but really if you use a PC scraper it should make no difference.
I have most ppieces of stoneware and love them all - probably use at least one piece a day, often more.
DLP Disney Hotel New York May 2003
Disneyland - 2 days visit while staying at Sheraton Anaheim on honeymoon September 1990
MazdaUK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: