Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #61
New England Eeyore
Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are my boyfriends!
You try being a country music fan in Boston - it just ain't done!
M&M Artist Extraodinaire

Just joining your thread! I'm a WDW vet also making a pilgrimage West - late April. Looking forward to hearing all about your experiences!!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #62
heatherleigh
DIS Veteran

The snow looks beautiful! Wish we'd get some like that here. It never seems to stick around long.
AK Trip Report 6/10: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2501164
heatherleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2010, 04:33 PM   #63
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Woo hoo!
Can I do a little more dancing??

Phew, k thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Eeyore View Post
Just joining your thread! I'm a WDW vet also making a pilgrimage West - late April. Looking forward to hearing all about your experiences!!
Hi!! Hopefully you'll read something here that'll help in your planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherleigh View Post
The snow looks beautiful! Wish we'd get some like that here. It never seems to stick around long.
If you want, I'd be happy to ship some out
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:40 PM   #64
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Your trips are getting close. Woo Hoo I am so excited for you all!

We are thinking of planning a trip for April. Yeah...I know, not far off...I got to get going. My idea is a special trip for the 55 anniveresary of Disneyland this year. My DH met Walt Disney when he was a child. Has a picture of himself with his twin and older brother with Walt sitting talking to them with his arms around the three little boys. What could be more perfect then The Walk with Walt tour. How much is the tour and when can I make a reservation? TIA Have a magical wonderful love filled time.

Angel16
Old 03-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #65
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran

Yay! SO exciting about buying the tickets

So glad you are going to check out Ralph Brennans!! I think you will love it! The Brennans own many restauruants here and they are all SOOO delish! Epsecially for an experienced food snob like you haha!!!!
BippityBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #66
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Your trips are getting close. Woo Hoo I am so excited for you all!

We are thinking of planning a trip for April. Yeah...I know, not far off...I got to get going. My idea is a special trip for the 55 anniveresary of Disneyland this year. My DH met Walt Disney when he was a child. Has a picture of himself with his twin and older brother with Walt sitting talking to them with his arms around the three little boys. What could be more perfect then The Walk with Walt tour. How much is the tour and when can I make a reservation? TIA Have a magical wonderful love filled time.

Angel16
That is so cool! I'm jealous

The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is I think $64/pp, but they have discounts available...I used my Disney Visa and paid $104.20 for 2. You can make a reservation for it 1 month prior. Exactly 1 month. Not 4 weeks, not 30 days, 1 month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
Yay! SO exciting about buying the tickets

So glad you are going to check out Ralph Brennans!! I think you will love it! The Brennans own many restauruants here and they are all SOOO delish! Epsecially for an experienced food snob like you haha!!!!
My Mom had asked me if they were one and the same...I guess that answers that one! I'm really excited about that now!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #67
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Too be honest, I'm a little put off by the price of Goofy's...$30 for an adult for breakfast?? Even Chef Mickey's at WDW is $24.99... Plus, I'm not big on buffets. I much prefer to have my meal served to me. So that's why we're leaning towards Storyteller's.
I haven't read further than this but we love brunch @ Storyteller's ~ I always order from the menu *and share with DD* I also prefer having food brought to me. Be prepared for no face characters just furs @ Storyteller's. If you're still going to STC ~ I suggest the Banana Stuffed French Toast or the Buttermilk Griddle Cakes ~ YUM!
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #68
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
I haven't read further than this but we love brunch @ Storyteller's ~ I always order from the menu *and share with DD* I also prefer having food brought to me. Be prepared for no face characters just furs @ Storyteller's. If you're still going to STC ~ I suggest the Banana Stuffed French Toast or the Buttermilk Griddle Cakes ~ YUM!
Have you ever had Tonga Toast at Kona (WDW)? If the Banana Stuffed French Toast is similar, my boyfriend will flip (he loves Tonga Toast!)

Here's a picture of it:
Old 03-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #69
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

So it's official...I've now gone crazy...I was dreaming of Disneyland last night. Apparently you all have weird fastpasses
Old 03-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #70
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have you ever had Tonga Toast at Kona (WDW)? If the Banana Stuffed French Toast is similar, my boyfriend will flip (he loves Tonga Toast!)

Here's a picture of it:

Nope I didn't try Tonga Toast ~ next time eh.....
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #71
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
Nope I didn't try Tonga Toast ~ next time eh.....
My boyfriend swears by it. I think it's really heavy, it's tasty don't get me wrong, but it just sits in my stomach all day!
Old 03-06-2010, 03:45 PM   #72
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So it's official...I've now gone crazy...I was dreaming of Disneyland last night. Apparently you all have weird fastpasses
Your not anxious or anything. Cool...dreaming of Disney, but I have one question regarding us all having fastpasses. Is that weird GOOD.....or......weird BAD ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofycathy View Post
Great PTR! thanks for sharing!
GoffyCathy, I see you have one day to DisneyLand! Woo Hoo Wishing you a super great trip! You are going to came back and tell us about it arn't ya?

Quote:

Here's a picture of it:
Hmmm, just might have to try the DL version. Great picture, makes me hungry for it. I do know what you mean about it being heavy, especially the Polynesian's room service. They gave us two big pieces, DH was going to share along with his Big Kahona breakfest. He is the king of french toast. Guess what...he didn't like it all! I was stuffed!

Angel16
Old 03-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #73
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Your not anxious or anything. Cool...dreaming of Disney, but I have one question regarding us all having fastpasses. Is that weird GOOD.....or......weird BAD ???

GoffyCathy, I see you have one day to DisneyLand! Woo Hoo Wishing you a super great trip! You are going to came back and tell us about it arn't ya?

Hmmm, just might have to try the DL version. Great picture, makes me hungry for it. I do know what you mean about it being heavy, especially the Polynesian's room service. They gave us two big pieces, DH was going to share along with his Big Kahona breakfest. He is the king of french toast. Guess what...he didn't like it all! I was stuffed!

Angel16

I'll be sure to take a picture of the banana stuffed toast at Storyteller's if we get it! I can't believe they give you TWO with room service!

And from what I can remember of that dream, you got tear off tickets for a fast pass. But we were in line for Small World (except it was more like Splash Mountain...a thrill ride) and they wouldn't take the fast pass because it was a short line. I remember in my dream thinking, "this isn't right, it's supposed to go outside." The next thing the boat went outside and I went, "oh good, I was right." Totally normal right??

And goofycathy: have a great trip!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:23 AM   #74
Bdchili
Earning My Ears

Just stumbled onto this Thread

Kelly,
I listen to the Podcasts and check out the boards but NEVER post. Well that just changed when I stumbled across this thread. We are in the exact same situation. Been going to WDW since 75 almost every year, DVC members, and listen to just about every worthy podcast for stress release. Never been to the Land and that changes on the 17th! I have ben trying to do my homework like all WDW fan does and the more I dive into it the more I get the feeling your supposed to take a bit more SoCAL laid back appraoch. We are fired up! Who knows we may cross paths while there. Glad you posted, there is some good advice from some Vets on here. If you can tell me how to post "rookie" a photo, I will send one just in case we end up in the trun sites at the same time.
B-
Bdchili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #75
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdchili View Post
Kelly,
I listen to the Podcasts and check out the boards but NEVER post. Well that just changed when I stumbled across this thread. We are in the exact same situation. Been going to WDW since 75 almost every year, DVC members, and listen to just about every worthy podcast for stress release. Never been to the Land and that changes on the 17th! I have ben trying to do my homework like all WDW fan does and the more I dive into it the more I get the feeling your supposed to take a bit more SoCAL laid back appraoch. We are fired up! Who knows we may cross paths while there. Glad you posted, there is some good advice from some Vets on here. If you can tell me how to post "rookie" a photo, I will send one just in case we end up in the trun sites at the same time.
B-
I feel so honored!

I can't even describe how excited I am to go to the original! It's so neat we'll be there at the same time, it'll be a first timer's convention.

You need 10 posts to send messages, and I think also to post pictures. I load all of mine into photobucket, then if you hover over the thumbnail of the picture on photobucket, you'll see a drop down of links and one of them is an "IMG" code. Just copy and paste that code and it should post!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: