Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #16
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I like the menu options at Storytellers too but I have really enjoyed our meals at Goofy's Kitchen. The character interaction at Goofy's is great and from what I hear it is better than at Storyteller. So if you want the characters that is something to think about.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #17
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Check this out: http://www.decanter.com/news/132789.html

It's about how there was a Ratatouille wine that Disney pulled. Fascinating!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #18
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
Check this out: http://www.decanter.com/news/132789.html

It's about how there was a Ratatouille wine that Disney pulled. Fascinating!
Ooh, I understand why they pulled it. They would have lost the California vintners over that.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:24 AM   #19
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
You'll love the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour, we did this last March & really had a good time. You will get a nice sized lunch after the tour ends....so that takes care of one of your meals!! (big sandwich, fresh fruit, chips & cookie with drink).

I'd suggest you do make Priority Seating (ADR) for any of the restaurants that do this. Mid March the spring breaks are starting to really heat up & you have the potential of the parks being quite busy. (we were there during the same time period you're going this year).

There will be a number of things down for refurbishment (like the entire River's of America) during your trip & so be prepared for that as well. Disneyland is very small & quaint but very magical to us West Coasters......I hope you find that in your visit!!!
My boyfriend is more into how Disney operates and is fascinated by it. He loves the history of the company...and I'm a Disney nut, so we're both really excited for the tour.

I think when we get back from our vacation next week I'll definitely be calling to make Priority Seatings Now I just need to decide where! I know we want to do Cafe Orleans & Storyteller's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I like the menu options at Storytellers too but I have really enjoyed our meals at Goofy's Kitchen. The character interaction at Goofy's is great and from what I hear it is better than at Storyteller. So if you want the characters that is something to think about.
Too be honest, I'm a little put off by the price of Goofy's...$30 for an adult for breakfast?? Even Chef Mickey's at WDW is $24.99... Plus, I'm not big on buffets. I much prefer to have my meal served to me. So that's why we're leaning towards Storyteller's.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #20
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
My boyfriend is more into how Disney operates and is fascinated by it. He loves the history of the company...and I'm a Disney nut, so we're both really excited for the tour.

I think when we get back from our vacation next week I'll definitely be calling to make Priority Seatings Now I just need to decide where! I know we want to do Cafe Orleans & Storyteller's...

Too be honest, I'm a little put off by the price of Goofy's...$30 for an adult for breakfast?? Even Chef Mickey's at WDW is $24.99... Plus, I'm not big on buffets. I much prefer to have my meal served to me. So that's why we're leaning towards Storyteller's.
I am not a buffet fan either, Goofy's is the best buffet I have ever eaten. And I am with you on the price. I think it is outrageous.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #21
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Ok...so if you had to take a newbie to DLR, what would be on your list of "must-dos?"
Old 01-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #22
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Ok...so if you had to take a newbie to DLR, what would be on your list of "must-dos?"
Pirates of the Caribbean, and the dark rides in Fantasyland.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #23
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Just found your PTR. We, too are WDW vets planning our first trip to DL. We are going in July so we can also see the Red Sox play the Angels.

I am with you on the 'no planning' thing ... I can't believe that I have to wait til May/June to make any definite reservations, plans, etc. Heck if we were going to WDW in July that would all be done!

Can't wait to read your report so I know what to do come our trip to plan!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #24
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

We went three years ago.
Now we've been three years in a row!
Sad to hear your going to miss Fantasmic! (much better at DL), World of Color, and Mark Twain. But you will get to see Remember Dreams Come True fireworks the best show at any disney park.

Get the four day disney pass and take your time to enjoy and relax.
You will get to see Aladdin stage show at DCA which goes away at the end of the year. It is wonderful. Sit in the first row behind the main floor center stage.

What is your favorite ride at WDW?

Oh yeah I love your title of this report. This is Walt's baby and to think of him actually walking through it makes me happy as I walk down mainstreet.

You need to go to Disneyland Hotel to see all the old photos as well.
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI)
2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #25
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Pirates of the Caribbean, and the dark rides in Fantasyland.
I'll add it to my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Just found your PTR. We, too are WDW vets planning our first trip to DL. We are going in July so we can also see the Red Sox play the Angels.

I am with you on the 'no planning' thing ... I can't believe that I have to wait til May/June to make any definite reservations, plans, etc. Heck if we were going to WDW in July that would all be done!

Can't wait to read your report so I know what to do come our trip to plan!
Hope I can help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
We went three years ago.
Now we've been three years in a row!
Sad to hear your going to miss Fantasmic! (much better at DL), World of Color, and Mark Twain. But you will get to see Remember Dreams Come True fireworks the best show at any disney park.

Get the four day disney pass and take your time to enjoy and relax.
You will get to see Aladdin stage show at DCA which goes away at the end of the year. It is wonderful. Sit in the first row behind the main floor center stage.

What is your favorite ride at WDW?

Oh yeah I love your title of this report. This is Walt's baby and to think of him actually walking through it makes me happy as I walk down mainstreet.

You need to go to Disneyland Hotel to see all the old photos as well.
I heard that they weren't doing Fireworks and I almost rescheduled our trip. Glad I didn't because it was just a mixup of Fireworks and Fantasmic...phew!

My favorite at WDW is the Haunted Mansion...I love it!

Side note: I'm heading for vacation tomorrow, so I won't be checking in for a week. The good news is that I'll have read the Unofficial Guide by the time I get back, so I'll be armed with more planning!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:35 PM   #26
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
I'll add it to my list

Hope I can help!

I heard that they weren't doing Fireworks and I almost rescheduled our trip. Glad I didn't because it was just a mixup of Fireworks and Fantasmic...phew!

My favorite at WDW is the Haunted Mansion...I love it!

Side note: I'm heading for vacation tomorrow, so I won't be checking in for a week. The good news is that I'll have read the Unofficial Guide by the time I get back, so I'll be armed with more planning!
Have a wonderful time!!!
Old 02-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #27
Jfstorm
Dang straight I'm a Disney Dad! ARGH!

I'm so glad i just found your post! Hope your trip goes well! We are also taking our first trip to DL this year (early August). I have just finished the Unofficial guide and the 2010 Disneyland brochure and to be honest STILL confused on the most important point: where to stay! It seems to be down to HOJO, Candy Cane inn, Fairfield Inn, or Motel 6 maingate (looks like a budget BLT decor!); with a hopeful one nighter @ Grand Californian if the price is right. So i'm REALLY looking forward to your comments on the HOJO; the "walk in Walt's footsteps" tour; and the differences and recommendations. I also just read today that the Lilo and Stich breakfast has been changed to Mickey's Surf's Up.
DGF son 43 16
DGF son 13
and newest addition DS 1

Feb 2013: 3 night disney Dream Cruise
August 2012: me, DS, and DS 2 for a week at All Star Sports!
June 2012: Family Vacation for Star wars Weekends and Father's Day; one week at Tuscana Condo and one week at Pop Century!
April 2012: Cruise on RCI Jewel of the Seas
Feb 2012: Taking my mom and DS on a cruise Celebrity Millinium!
August 2011: me and DS to Pop Century for 2 weeks!
June 2011: First trip for DGF and sons for the whole family tripping to All Star Movies and Music for 2 weeks Father's day and Star Wars weekends!
2011: Cruises on RCI Navigator of the Seas, and Carnival Liberty.
2010: Jan: Universal Florida Off-site
April: Spring break 4-11th: Hoping HP will be open!!! using the time to pool hop WDW resorts as well. Off-site and a possible Moderate last minute night.
June: Father's Day week @ Universal for HP and Water Parks
August: Birthday trip to WDW Port Orleans Riverside
October 31st: 1st DCL Cruise!
2009:January: Pop Century and AK Lodge for after Christmas w/ GF and son
April: quick weekend @ AS movies
June: Father's day 2 weeks offsite and AS music
August: Birthday 2 weeks @ AS music
October: Halloween @ AS Sports
2008: October: Halloween offsite
2007: August: Saratoga Springs
2007: June: Beach Club Villas
2006: Motel 6 kirkman, Royal Pacific, Courtyard I-Drive
2005: Fort Wilderness Campground
2004: Pop Century and All-Star Music
1999 - 2004: All Stars more times than I can remember as Annual Passholders (at least 10)!
Jfstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #28
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfstorm View Post
I'm so glad i just found your post! Hope your trip goes well! We are also taking our first trip to DL this year (early August). I have just finished the Unofficial guide and the 2010 Disneyland brochure and to be honest STILL confused on the most important point: where to stay! It seems to be down to HOJO, Candy Cane inn, Fairfield Inn, or Motel 6 maingate (looks like a budget BLT decor!); with a hopeful one nighter @ Grand Californian if the price is right. So i'm REALLY looking forward to your comments on the HOJO; the "walk in Walt's footsteps" tour; and the differences and recommendations. I also just read today that the Lilo and Stich breakfast has been changed to Mickey's Surf's Up.
I have heard great things about the Fairfield Inn and Hojo's for sure. Money wise if you can get the entertainment rate for Hojo's I say go for it. You cannot beat it.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #29
MeLaNie9
DIS Veteran

Yes, you cannot miss Aladdin. It was so funny!!! And, I just really loved noticing the differences between WDW and DLR - I loved how many of the DL ride lines are outside.

Now that I think about it, I remember we were anxious about the park hours too. Even though there wasn't as much overall planning, we too were waiting and waiting on them. They seem to put them out like a week at a time - I remember getting excited when they finally had Halloween week hours out since we were arriving Nov 1, we knew our week's hours couldn't be far behind.

After our experience, I probably wouldn't suggest Napa Rose. Not that it was terrible, but it was just so-so and too expensive for that.
We did Storyteller's breakfast and enjoyed it - it was very empty which made for a lot of time for character interaction and a nice leisurely breakfast. The decor was very nice.

04/1978 CR, 07/1985 CR, 06/1993 DL, 11/2000 ASSp, 05/2006 Poly, 02/2007 YC, 11/2007 CSR, 12/2008 BC, 05/2009 POFQ, 11/2009 DLR-GCH, 05/2010 Atlantis launch and CBR, 11/2010 BWI, 05/2012 POR, 08/2012 DCL-Dream and POR, 10/2013 CSR and DCL-Dream, 3/2014 DCL-Magic surprise getaway!
MeLaNie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #30
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Hi all! I'm back...did you miss me? Of course you did

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLaNie9 View Post
Yes, you cannot miss Aladdin. It was so funny!!! And, I just really loved noticing the differences between WDW and DLR - I loved how many of the DL ride lines are outside.

Now that I think about it, I remember we were anxious about the park hours too. Even though there wasn't as much overall planning, we too were waiting and waiting on them. They seem to put them out like a week at a time - I remember getting excited when they finally had Halloween week hours out since we were arriving Nov 1, we knew our week's hours couldn't be far behind.

After our experience, I probably wouldn't suggest Napa Rose. Not that it was terrible, but it was just so-so and too expensive for that.
We did Storyteller's breakfast and enjoyed it - it was very empty which made for a lot of time for character interaction and a nice leisurely breakfast. The decor was very nice.
I'm looking forward to checking out Aladdin, I really like the shows at WDW.

Thanks for the review on the restaurants. I think we'll skip Napa Rose and definitely do Storyteller's for breakfast

Wow...little concerned, just checked the hours and most of the days are 8am-midnight. Doesn't that mean they expect it to be super crowded? *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfstorm View Post
I'm glad you joined me! Hopefully I'll be able to help a bit!

Quote:
Have a wonderful time!!!
Thanks! It was a blast!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: