Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 AM   #1
went503
DVC Owner

My April enagement life changing trip report with pictures.

So I just got back from WDW from my trip April 14th-19th and man I donít even know where to begin. Letís just start at the very beginning. We had an early flight out of Washington Dulles on the 14th on our way to Orlando. Now I did EBCI for the 4 of us and we were the 3-7 people boarding the plane outside of the preboarding. The cast members included from left to right my best friend (Bob) g/f at the this moment in the post(Becky)me(Andrew) and my brother (Brandon). [IMG][/IMG]

We had a smooth flight on Southwest into Orlando which might I add arrived 15 minutes early. Once there we headed down to the floor 1 and right on into Magical Express. While in line we waited maybe 10 minutes and then we were right on the bus on our way to our resort BayLake Towers. Now our bus had stops at GF, Poly, and Contemporary. However there was only like 10 people on the bus so it only stopped at Contemporary and the Poly and we were the first stop.

Once we arrived to Bay Lake Tower i went straight to online checkin line which I had done before we left. It took literally 5 minutes to verify information and then we had our keys and were on our way. We had a studio MK view for our room. We had 4 adults in a studio room and the room was small but surely manageable. The couch folded out to a sleeper sofa and it was plenty room for my brother and best friend to sleep. So although it was a little small it surely didnít dampen the vacation and if you have a clear mind it really wasnít that bad. The room overall was awesome except for one thing and that is the Bathroom Door. If you have any kind of privacy issue or kids running around this is and will be a problem for you. The door just slides back and forth. It does not lock and there was a tiny gap that you could see right into the bathroom. Very very weird design and no privacy at all. Other than that the resort was awesome from the shops to the TOW lounge watching fireworks it was really a great thing to look at the castle right from our room every day. Stay tuned as there are a tons more to share with the engagement food, and fun. OH and feel free to ask questions about anything you would like as i might be able to answer them.
BW May'11
AKV Feb '12
Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
LISA1971
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read more.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #3
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Wow! Sounds like a great start. Can't wait to read more!

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #4
went503
DVC Owner

Updated

Once we settled into our room we left and hopped the monorail straight to Epcot for the evening where we had dinner at Le Cellier. I had the prime Rib as well as becky and Brandon and Bob had the new York strips and they were fantastic. Weíve eaten here before and I highly recommend it for sure. The park was fairly steady, we got on test track and flight of fear with minimal wait. Soarin was well over an hour with no fastpasses so we were to do that another day. After the park closed we headed back to our resort to get a luggage which had arrived and settled down to bed.

Today the day of the engagement we got up and went to MK with AM EMH at rope drop. We went straight to space mountain and fastpass, got on splash mountain no wait, came back to space mountain little wait, then did Haunted mansion and Pirates all before the park opened to other guests. We then started to walk around do some shows, the laugh floor which was great, did a little shopping and rode a few more rides. Now lets rewind a bit. The ring from the beginning has been carried by my brother Brandon, who got stopped at airport security for a bag check. I had to quickly get becky out of the way so she wouldnít see anything. Brandon took the ring with him the whole time we were in Magic Kingdom. We had an early dinner reservation at 50ís prime time in HS so we went back to the resort to change and headed to dinner.
BW May'11
AKV Feb '12
Old 04-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
went503
DVC Owner

Dinner at 50ís was great, I just love eating at that restaurant, HS was really busy when we got over there I guess because fantasmic was going on that night. Once dinner was over we headed back to MK for the evening to ride a few more rides and get ready for the fireworks. Now came time for the big surprise. My brother and bob and I went to the bathroom where he gave me the ring, I took once last check at it slipped it into my pocket and headed back out to Becky. Ok so lets now do another rewind. I hired Disney photography to photograph the whole thing in the rose garden plus take some additional photos that night. I also paid for Disney photography to take pictures the next morning in the World Showcase before the park opened.
Lets just say that Amy and Joe the photographers from both days were absolutely perfect the pictures have turned out great. Ok so now we are working out way to the rose garden and I spot the Amy doing practice shots in the rose garden so I leave becky with bob and take a little walk telling her I want to go see how crowded it is up here. Well I get there and talk to amy and she tells me the scenario is I tell becky that amy is doing some sample shots and I asked to be in the pictures so that is what I do. I go back and tell becky about these sample shots and she says ok and we head up to amy about 5 minutes before the fireworks start. Amy tells becky whats going on to confuse her more and we ended up taking several shots before I propose. Well amy then gives me the go ahead and I got down on one knee and asked becky to marry me and she said yes. She was crying which made me all teary eyed and it was awesome. We then took about 30 more minutes of pictures around magic kingdom which turned out awesome, she was soo surprised. Well the surprises didnít end there.
BW May'11
AKV Feb '12
Old 04-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
went503
DVC Owner

So as I said I hired a photographer for the next day in Epcot WS to take nice engagement pictures. Becky was upset because she hadnít packed any nice clothes for the pictures. However I knew this was going to happen so I did a little shopping of my own LOL. BTW ladies this was not an easy task. First off I wasnít sure if she wanted to wear a dress and something casual like a nice shirt and shorts so I got both. Well this then turned into shoes. If she wears the dress then what shoes, the short then what sandels so what happened yes I got both. I shopped for several days with the outfits with me shopping for shoes that I thought matched and came to two winners. Last but not least was a strapless bra to wear if she chose the dress. This whole process ladies to a very long time but was well worth it. So when I told her I got her those outfits she was so excited. Now I had Brandon and bob with us so I booked another room at the beach club villas for that night so they wouldnít ruin the romance of it all. See ladies I did ditch the guys. For her last surprise in the room waiting for us when we arrived was a gift I ordered from the Disney florist called A princess dream come true. It came with a Tiara a glass slipper, a braclet, a rose, a pillow for the rings, and a framed proclamation claiming her to be an official princess. She was in awe after she saw that in the room and it capped off a perfect evening to a perfect day and this was only day 2 of the trip. More to come. Oh and Iím waiting for the pictures to upload then ill post them as we go along.
BW May'11
AKV Feb '12
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
went503
DVC Owner

Some more pics

Here are some pics ill update the rest of our trip in a bit. STAY TUNED!!!!

BW May'11
AKV Feb '12
Old 04-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #8
cmp1111
DIS Veteran

Wow, how awesome! Congratulations!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Aww....I am totally in tears here! Congratulations to you both!! You did a #1 job in planning this all out Loved your pics (especially the one when you are asking her to marry you with the fireworks & castle - perfect timing)

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 04-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #10
AimKo
Mouseketeer

Your pics are adorable!!! Congrats!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
ChaMakay1923
Mouseketeer

How romantic!

There really are guys out there who think of it all?? WOW!! I'm amazed and in tears as well. Congrats to you both!

Although I do have to add.... I read this to my husband and then said.. "dude you are pu**y whipped" lmao... I'm just kidding though, but it made my husband laugh.

My husband used to be like that, the romantic type... then we got married and 15 years have gone by. (Amy.. suck it up while you can girl! It doesn't last! LOL)

DH ('71) ME ('75) DS ('01) DD ('09)
Our past trips:

WDW|Resort ??|NL Band Trip|'92
WDW|AS Sport|Honeymoon with DH (his first trip)|August 1996

Our planned trips:

WDW|ASMo|Sometime soon...when finances allow it
Old 04-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #12
went503
DVC Owner

Day 3 started out early with our appt to have our pictures done in the WS. Becky and I met the photographer and he took us around the world and took pictures. These pictures I have not seen yet but hopefully they are good. Once we were done I called bob and Brandon to meet us in the park, which they did. We then rode soarin and the land ride, test track and mission space. As for the parks they were steady, not crazy but manageable. A lot of band students and cheerleaders. We utilized fast passes and we didnít wait more than 20 minutes all week long for any ride. After we were done walking around we headed back and changed for dinner. Dinner was a the Coral Reef which his one of my favorites. Once we got there they took us to our seat we got soo lucky and were right against the tank which is awesome. Ive never been able to get a table that close. It was great we even saw two huge turtles mating which was a sight to see. Lets just say the whole dining room was loud about it. Once we finished dinner it was time for fireworks. Illuminations was awesome and they really do a great job at the show. Becky meanwhile has looked at her finger no less than 5000 times throughout the day just enjoying the ring and how it sparkles in every light. We also had just engaged buttons and was getting congratulations from everyone and she even said I donít think I could ever get tired of hearing that. Once the day ended we headed back to resort for some much needed rest.
BW May'11
AKV Feb '12
Old 04-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #13
went503
DVC Owner

Day 4 we headed out to Hollywood studios my favorite park for am EMH. Once we got there we fast passed TSM went and then rode Tower of Terror, and rocking roller coaster. Both of these lines were about a 20 minute wait. Then we went back and rode TSM which is one of my favorite rides. We then watched a couple shows, did great movie ride and had lunch. Right after lunch was lights motor action and back stage tour which I have never done before which turned out to be a pretty cool ride. After this we went and watched Beauty and the Beast which is Beckyís favorite princess. Did a little shopping, went back and rode TSM for a second time and by this time is was time for dinner. We hopped over to Epcot to eat at Teppan Edo which was really good. Had a big language barrier but the food was excellent. After dinner we decided to head down to downtown Disney and do a little shopping and hang out there and hit up a couple of the bars and just have a relaxing evening. Once we were done there we headed back to the resort, smoked a cigar and headed off to bed.
BW May'11
AKV Feb '12
Old 04-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are amazing. What a great idea to have your engagement captured so perfectly.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR Ė with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
Old 04-21-2010, 05:56 AM   #15
went503
DVC Owner

Day 5. Rain Rain and did I mention rain. It rained all day and at times really really hard. We spent the morning at AK and rode everest, the dinosaur ride, safari, the lion king show the animal trek, lunch and then we were done. The rain was really putting a damper on plans for that day. We decided to go back a little early and wait at the resort for dinner, take a little nap and get ready for dinner. It was just pouring down rain and we had dinner ressie at Tonyís in the MK and we were like the only people going in and droves of people leaving. We had a nice dinner at tonyís and after that it started to lighten up on the rain and the park was empty. We rode everything all over again with no more than a 10 minutes wait on all of the rides. Once we were done did some last minute shopping and headed back to the resort. We all started to do some packing to come home and then it got time for wishes and we went upstairs to the TOW lounge and watched the fireworks and had a few drinks. It was nice this time for me as I was enjoying them and not worrying about the proposal part. One more day to go please stay tuned.
BW May'11
AKV Feb '12

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: